Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar (50021 Views)

TURAI: How Late President Yar’adua Died While I Went To Break Fast / Turai Yaradua Visits Aisha Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / Where Is Hajiya Turai Yaradua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by candidphils(m): 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
true talk
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by PHijo(m): 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
pdppower:
Very true. He was the first and only president to review downward the price of petrol in Nigeria. He had other good plans but unfortunately death did not allow him to actualise them. Continue to RIP.

That was one of his greatest mistakes! Leadership is about making tough decisions, not populist decisions.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Okoroawusa: 2:23pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ramos16:

Reviewing fuel price downwards is not an achievement, somebody is bearing the cost, just because it isn't affecting you directly dies not mean it won't come back and bite the nation in the ass
Lol... reviewing fuel price down ward is now an achievement to small children on Nairaland. Fuel subsidy scam happened when? Nigeria lost billions to PDP chieftains' children n cronies who collected monies on false fuel importation.

Who be fool?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by ademijuwonlo(f): 2:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
He died with his seven point agenda he had for Nigeria. We really miss such a visionary leader!
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Futureyahooboi(m): 2:26pm On Mar 01, 2020
Very true a leader that has a vision, plan and knows the team to work with not this aimless and vision less GOVERNMENT... God please help Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2020
It would be a disservice if I failed to comment on our dear "Servant Leader" he was the best among his peers
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by 1759King: 2:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
Abia man!

It's unfortunate politics would only give us a stage if we played dirty and danced in the mud. We share a vision for a new Abia, that's a long dream but will come to pass someday.

PotatoSalad:
True that!

Infected or not, some people still mean well for this country.
People like me.....

After I've spent my first two years in office trying to surpass what T.A Orji's son did.
I'll then work well, and nigerians will sing my praise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by johntolu: 2:37pm On Mar 01, 2020
blowjohn:

Ok other than that can u mention 10 of his other shortcomings?
BECOS AS I DEY HERE I CAN MENTION 365 SHORTCOMINGS OF BOTH JONATHAN AND BUHARI

Like him or hate him, the man was on the side of the people throughout the period he was in government right from when he was Governor of Katsina state. He was really an epitome of honesty and high moral character but much as he tried to restore sanity into governance in Nigeria, he still had to contend with the monolithic PDP and what the party symbolizes, 'share the money principles'. https://www.hrw.org/news/2009/06/05/letter-nigerian-president-yaradua-marking-his-two-years-office

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Slimdada(m): 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2020
Damnnn

So fvvkkking True
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by firo08(m): 2:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sure.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by mechanics(m): 2:44pm On Mar 01, 2020
Wow, she's right, Dr Obasanjo did well by giving him the opportunity to rule.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Phemmypat1(m): 2:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
A good leader indeed... One of a kind
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by tee4naija(m): 2:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
Somebody should remind that bitch that she is one of the people who killed her husband and that her greed and arrogance knew no limits as a first lady.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Equity15(m): 2:49pm On Mar 01, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Buhari is better than Yar'Adua. Yar'Adua was as clueless as the person that succeeded him.
"Yar'Adua was a good president" is a myth. 16 years of PDP was a disaster n Yar'Adua was a part of it. How how was he a better president? Because he died in office?

Nonsense
abeg stop yapping about parties here. we're talking about personalities here. 'beacuse he died in office'? really? lmao..do you think if buhari dies in office as it is now, he'll ever be revered by the people? please stop drawing things long party lines. single out ya'ardau time in office and juxtapose it with any president you think is better. I'm waiting sir

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by mankan2k7(m): 2:50pm On Mar 01, 2020
The best president of Nigeria. unfortunately dullardin-ho has destroyed almost all your legacies
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Qadaffi2idiamin: 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
President Umaru earned my respect in all his decisions, and actions...

I know a particular man in aso rock wearing uthman danfiodio and deceiving one big eye general from Lagos that he is president and the cat fish eye man that 2023 is his turn..

RIP President Umaru
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Okoroawusa: 2:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
Equity15:
abeg stop yapping about parties here. wrrew talking about personalities here. 'beacuse he died in office'? really? lmao..do you think if buhari dies in office as it is now, he'll ever be revered by the people? please stop drawing things long party lines. single out ya'ardau time in office and juxtapose it with any president you think is better. I'm waiting sir
You juxtapose n convince me. I am not the one saying he is Nigeria best president. You are. So juxtapose n convince me.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by aminusodiq(m): 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
dominique:
It was during his regime that we knew what it felt like for lecturers not to go on strike. His administration introduced different batches and streams for NYSC that enabled a lot of PCMs go for service earlier than expected. Before then, graduates had wait for about a year or two before getting deployed. Too bad death took him away from us before we could realize his full potentials. Continue to RIP OMY

Boko Haram started during his regime though.
for real... I ddnt lnw abt dis... Thanks fr d enlightenment
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Amudeneogu: 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
I believe in you, madam, because your late husband is one of the best presidents has ever been produced, he neither ethnic nor religious discrimination, he has made a lot of sacrifices for Nigeria to move forward unlike what is happening in Nigeria today. for example, Niger is in peace today is because of him, it is unfortunate that he dies, but in everything give thanks to God he alone knows why.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by snipernigga(m): 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
True cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by millionboi2: 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2020
kelvine:
Niger Delta was safe. The militants received amnesty.
North, South, East and West were happy.
No BOKO, No IPOB, No Bandits, No killer herdsmen.
Now see where we are.

May our helper not die untimely
North was calm,no nonsenses.
Unlike buhari dat instigates violence,North was calm.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by tunapawizzy: 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
Sedonxavi:
If u know d kind of ppl u sharing d country with may perhaps u wouldn't av said that. The Hausa/Fulani don't know anything except Buahari
and we southerners? we share am between Buhari n Atiku....two leaders that have failed in the past. we are not ready bro.....when we are ready, we will unite and apply force....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by johntolu: 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
back2sender:
See as pigs are everywhere congratulating the WOMAN as longs as they see it as a slap on Mr president BUT forgetting this woman held the nation to a standstill and introduce the cabal concept in Nigeria politics.

When Jonathan was refused from been the leader in line with the constitutions

It was the Yoruba led by femi falana that fought this out while the pigs as usual where no where to be found, but today see them gallivanting on this woman.

Tufiakwa!! Awon omo ale jatijati

Hajia Turai actually placed a call to OBJ and lambasted the man for coming out openly to say that constitutional provisions, on succession to the office of the President, should be adhered to if Yaradua is not fit to perform his duties.
Pastor Tunde Bakare, Prof Wole Soyinka and the Save Nigeria Group also applied pressure on the cabal led by Hajia Turai before Jonathan was eventually sworn in as acting President when the 'doctrine of necessity was passed by the Senate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Equity15(m): 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2020
Okoroawusa:

You juxtapose n convince me. I am not the one saying he is Nigeria best president. You are. So juxtapose n convince me.
you said buhari is better than ya'ardau..let's start from there...ooohh..you said buhari? the man in Aso rock? please don't bother. soori for engaging you, we never had this argument... tufia!!!!!

such a waste of reply

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Femeto: 2:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
Very true.
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by johntolu: 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
Risingblue008:
Na him make her and ibori hide her husband from us for months abi?

Truth be told, Ibori would not have been convicted if not for the death of Yaradua in office.
https://www.hrw.org/news/2009/06/05/letter-nigerian-president-yaradua-marking-his-two-years-office
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by MetaPhysical: 3:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
grin grin
Nigeria is funny! I see a lot of agreements with her statement and its all coming from Ibos in Nairaland.

List Yar Adua's accomplishments as a Gov in Katsina. Nothing tangible! If he could not do wonder in a small and diverse state as Kaduna what would he have achieved nationally as President?

Yaradua was a compensation for his older brother, General Shehu Yaradua. He was not brought in by PDP because he had excellence,....but rather to fill a position that would have been his brother's if the General had lived.

Like I said, look in his tenure in Katsina to project his performance at national level.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by aminusodiq(m): 3:07pm On Mar 01, 2020
BLS1:

Bro it is very painful.

I wanted to respond with links for every single lie that has been told on this thread, but then I thought to myself, I'm just enabling there lazy behaviour.

If these people are our future we are doomed to keep repeating our mistakes over and over again.
can u pls name anyone dat is better dan him U ar hardworking we know!!!! Just tell us anyone either dead or alive who did we dan him!!! "Not every youth is obsessed with history, some ar tech fanatic... D fact dat u knw abt it dosnt mak others lazy!!!! _ u need to change dis ur stereotypical ideology!!
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Insectkiller: 3:07pm On Mar 01, 2020
That's very illogical..

You don't assume on what doesn't exist..

It under maybe..it might have been worse..
Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by ThierryJay: 3:10pm On Mar 01, 2020
I'm baffled by the several comments here. It's like a lot of people have deliberate amnesia. Yaradua was heavily criticized by Nigerians for not being in charge during his Government. His Govt was predominantly reputed for being slow and he was always referred to as the half-dead president. It took the intervention of Femi falana and Co to successfully get his family to handover to GEJ.

That successive Governments were worse does not make Yaradua's tenure good and a fairytale as is being presented here.

At this rate, I'm sure Buhari will be hailed as the best thing to happen to Nigeria by 2030!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by MetaPhysical: 3:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
back2sender:
See as pigs are everywhere congratulating the WOMAN as longs as they see it as a slap on Mr president BUT forgetting this woman held the nation to a standstill and introduce the cabal concept in Nigeria politics.

When Jonathan was refused from been the leader in line with the constitutions

It was the Yoruba led by femi falana that fought this out while the pigs as usual where no where to be found, but today see them gallivanting on this woman.

Tufiakwa!! Awon omo ale jatijati

They are the wrong link in South. Im telling you.

I am forced sometime to band Ibo in same level of civilization and social advancement that fulani is.... A retrogade!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Would Have Been A Better Place If My Husband Did Not Die: Turai Musa Yar by Conrod: 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
Awol1:
Your husband's death was beyond our control and inevitable. The pain is understandable.

But voting Buhari in 2015 was an avoidable disaster but for some group of "intellectuals" whose sophistication could not see beyond their nose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Special Forces Arrive Southern Kaduna (Photos) / Ambode Hands Over To Sanwo-olu (Photo) / EndSARS Protest At Iyana Ipaja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.