Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Money Does Not Ensure Happiness - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Money Does Not Ensure Happiness (1371 Views)

My Rich Brother Does Not Care About Us.... / Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / Lovely Photo Of Couple Kissing But Their Baby Does Not Show One Bit Of Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 12:30am On Mar 02, 2020
Growing up was tough...I had poor parents... I have always thought money is the route to happiness...Now I have the money but I still can't find happiness...Have achieved quite a lot @28 years but yet don't find fulfilment in my accomplishments... Bored and depressed... Finding it difficult to leave my bed every morning... Feel like resigning my job and trading off my businesses and travelling far away just to find peace... please I need help from anyone who has been in my shoes before... how did you overcome it?
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by blackpanthar: 12:51am On Mar 02, 2020
Ephetar:
Growing up was tough...I had poor parents... I have always thought money is the route to happiness...Now I have the money but I still can't find happiness...Have achieved quite a lot @28 years but yet don't find fulfilment in my accomplishments... Bored and depressed... Finding it difficult to leave my bed every morning... Feel like resigning my job and trading off my businesses and travelling far away just to find peace... please I need help from anyone who has been in my shoes before... how did you overcome it?

I overcame it by helping people.

Its called giving back.

Here is how to do it.

Create a system that will ensure only the right people who are genuinely poor and ready to become better in life are selected then sponsor them. As it grows get a partner and establish the non profit organization.

Once you do this, be disciplined to reject political affiliations, wrong ladies, fake prophets, herbalists and you will touch many lives and your own life will be and endless stream of joy.

It is a phase brother. Welcome to the awakening

10 Likes

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by MightySparrow: 1:27am On Mar 02, 2020
Ephetar:
Keep the money anyway because if you are poor, you will not have peace either. find a way of spending the money on humanity think on something you lacked when you were poor, help people in such situation out. you would soon find out that money is not the source of unhappiness but holding tight to it is the real bondage.

3 Likes

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by delishpot: 2:06am On Mar 02, 2020
Neither does poverty!
You can overcome it by doing what you love. That way, you are eager to wakeup everyday. Also, see if you can be self employed and delegate some of your task so that your hands will not be too full.
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by cococandy(f): 2:44am On Mar 02, 2020
No it definitely doesn’t. But don’t trade off all you have for some elusive happiness. There’s no happiness in that either.

Do different things at different times. Things you who don’t normally do. It helps with the boredom. Travel often. It makes you long for your home and help you enjoy the time when you finally get home.

You can have a kid wink.
May or may not bring you happiness but you’ll be too busy to notice grin

5 Likes

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Nobody: 3:58am On Mar 02, 2020
It sure does, YOU JUST NEED TO HAVE ENOUGH OF IT grin
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Acidosis(m): 4:35am On Mar 02, 2020
Depends on what you do with money -- Things vs. Experiences

A man who spends N5m on his dream wedding will enjoy lasting happiness than one who buys dream 'things' with N5m (car, TV, clothings, shoes, iPhone, etc). The happiness you derive from this is only for a short while. For instance, the "happiness" you derive from acquiring iPhone 9 will fade away on or before the release date of iPhone 10.

You want happiness? Start spending on experiences: travels, memories, dream holidays (including travels to your village), dream wedding, humanitarian tasks, philanthropy, meeting needs, etc.

There are no interesting stories to tell about the car or house you bought in 1999, but there are many stories to tell about the experiences you had decades ago.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 5:56am On Mar 02, 2020
blackpanthar:

Its called giving back.

Here is how to do it.

Create a system that will ensure only the right people who are genuinely poor and ready to become better in life are selected then sponsor them. As it grows get a partner and establish the non profit organization.

Once you do this, be disciplined to reject political affiliations, wrong ladies, fake prophets, herbalists and you will touch many lives and your own life will be and endless stream of joy.

Thank you so much for this advise....
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 5:57am On Mar 02, 2020
MightySparrow:
Keep the money anyway because if you are poor, you will not have peace either. find a way of spending the money on humanity think on something you lacked when you were poor, help people in such situation out. you would soon find out that money is not the source of unhappiness but holding tight to it is the real bondage.

Thanks
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 5:59am On Mar 02, 2020
delishpot:
Neither does poverty!
You can overcome it by doing what you love. That way, you are eager to wakeup everyday. Also, see if you can be self employed and delegate some of your task so that your hands will not be too full.

Okay.... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 6:02am On Mar 02, 2020
Acidosis:

A man who spends N5m on his dream wedding will enjoy lasting happiness than one who buys dream 'things' with N5m (car, TV, clothings, shoes, iPhone, etc). The happiness you derive from this is only for a short while. For instance, the "happiness" you derive from acquiring iPhone 9 will fade away on or before the release date of iPhone 10.

You want happiness? Start spending on experiences: travels, memories, dream holidays (including travels to your village), dream wedding, humanitarian tasks, philanthropy, meeting needs, etc.

There are no interesting stories to tell about the car or house you bought in 1999, but there are many stories to tell about the experiences you had decades ago.

Wow.... another perspective... Thank you so much...I think I really need that holiday....Have been overwhelmed with the process of building my business that I haven't really gone on a good holiday for over 2 years now... couldn't even travel during Christmas to see my parents...I sure need that break...

2 Likes

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by LordKO(m): 6:04am On Mar 02, 2020
Money on its own doesn't automatically give both happiness and peace of mind in the long run - of course, lack of it doesn't give them too. Believe you me, the ultimate happiness and peace of mind lie in living life on the periphery of conventionalism, especially when it is done altruistically and conscientiously. If you can transmute your once money consciousness into success consciousness and selfless-enabled philanthropy, your problem will be almost half-solved. So in addition to most of what black.panthar said, this's a phase of life, and your navigation prowess at this point will either make or mar your next phase of life. Be careful.

Also consider the almost inconsequential things, like a change in your eating habits in particular and lifestyle in general. For instance, if you normally eat sumptuous breakfast before, consider to limit your entire breakfast to a piece of whole egg and a cup of coffee eating between 9 and 10 AM at least for the next 6 months. Also limit the quantity of meals you eat at lunch and supper (make sure you don't eat anything after 7 PM), skipping lunch sometimes can help too. And always strive to start your day with a solo walk in an open air for at least 30 minutes. On the other hand, you also need to tie almost all your disposable funds to longtime intangible assets and perfect the process with a solo vacation in any serene environment.

Be wary of opportunists who disguise themselves as friends and associates at this point, yet don't fail to do your best for them, especially from a distance. But don't forget the importance of pledging allegiance to at least one trustworthy and established associate or friend though, either directly or indirectly, because you may need him/her any time soon - yet, don't build your hope around the person.

5 Likes

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 6:23am On Mar 02, 2020
LordKO:
Money on its own doesn't automatically give both happiness and peace of mind in the long run - of course, lack of it doesn't give them too. Believe you me, the ultimate happiness and peace of mind lie in living life on the periphery of conventionalism, especially when it is done altruistically and conscientiously. If you can transmute your once money consciousness into success consciousness and selfless-enable philanthropy, your problem will be almost half-solved. So in addition to most of what black.panthar said, it's a phase of life and your navigation prowess at this point will either make or mar your next phase of life. Be careful.

Also consider the almost inconsequential things, like a change in your eating habits in particular and lifestyle in general. For instance, if you normally eat sumptuous breakfast before, consider to limit your entire breakfast to a piece of whole egg and a cup of coffee eating between 9 and 10 AM at least for the next 6 months. Also limit the quantity of meals you eat at lunch and supper (make sure you don't eat anything after 7 PM), skipping lunch sometimes can help too. And always strive to start your day with a solo walk in an open air for at least 30 minutes. On the other hand, you also need to tie almost all your disposable funds to a longtime intangible assets and perfect the process with a solo vacation in any serene environment.

Be wary of opportunists who disguise as friends and associates at this point, yet don't fail to do your best for them, especially from a distance. But don't forget the importance of pledging allegiance to at least one trustworthy and established associate or friend though, either directly or indirectly, because you may need him/her any time soon - yet, don't build your hope around the person.

This is beautiful... Thanks boss
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 02, 2020
Acidosis:

It's hilarious because the opposite actually makes me happy, Personal speaking for myself.

A house bought in 1999 will make me more happier considering the inflation & prices of landed properties. My unborn children & i will be smiling to the bank when I decide to sell that house.

Speaking of material things, I discovered an unforeseen happiness using a super expensive Laptop which gave me joy every day I use it, I'm pretty sure a sports car & an iPhone 11 pro max would even make me happier at least for a period of 3 years.

Each time I travel, village or abroad, doesn't matter. I'm always super happy in that moment, seeing my siblings. Once the journey has ended, I become extremely depressed again.

Spending 5M on wedding for me is a no no, my wife should better be ready. We will invest that money instead & eat slice bread on wedding day.

2 Likes

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Uniquedee(f): 11:30am On Mar 02, 2020
I wouldn't put it the way you did cause I have been on the opposite side and trust me..lack of money has frustrated me so many times..

I have even been embarrassed once by my landlord for not paying rent yet having a male guest

So many expenses clamping down on you with no hope on where to get the money

Money sure makes life easy...no arguement about this

If you are rich and yet have no happiness its cause you have not found a way to bless people with it..think of a project you could embark on that will impart people lives it could be organising a skill acquisitive program, scholarships or training for people who are really ready to learn but can't afford this trainings

I bet you when you see how their lives transform the joy that comes with it is unbeatable...

By the way pray you get a good wife too..that will give u peace and take care of u...happiness comes naturally...
When you have a woman you can't wait to go home to...

My opinion
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by addictiv(m): 5:35pm On Mar 02, 2020
But it can get you a Rolls Royce angry
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 5:36pm On Mar 02, 2020
Uniquedee:
I wouldn't put it the way you did cause I have been on the opposite side and trust me..lack of money has frustrated me so many times..

I have even been embarrassed once by my landlord for not paying rent yet having a male guest

So many expenses clamping down on you with no hope on where to get the money

Money sure makes life easy...no arguement about this

If you are rich and yet have no happiness its cause you have not found a way to bless people with it..think of a project you could embark on that will impart people lives it could be organising a skill acquisitive program, scholarships or training for people who are really ready to learn but can't afford this trainings

I bet you when you see how their lives transform the joy that comes with it is unbeatable...

By the way pray you get a good wife too..that will give u peace and take care of u...happiness comes naturally...
When you have a woman you can't wait to go home to...

My opinion
Thanks.... though I'm not considering marriage as an option for now....I need to be happy within myself first before I'll bring a woman into my life...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Igyeseh(m): 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ephetar:
Some of us need a little of the money just to feed our families and pay kids school fees.
I will so much appreciate if you can find me any job or render any financial assistance to me and my family.
Our primary problem now is feeding and how to prevent the kids been sent away from school.
I can drop you my number if you ask me to.
Thank you.
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Jman06(m): 9:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
I disagree with you @op
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2020
I'm sorry you feel that way. Same money would go a long way in helping me right now in my struggling business and general life.

I'd appreciate any assistance you can render. Thanks
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Candrevah: 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ephetar:

Pls transfer your business to me, I will be needing some amount of money too. Different stroke for different folks. I pray you find all the peace you ever crave for in life.
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 05, 2020
blackpanthar:

Its called giving back.

Here is how to do it.

nonsense!
You only bring people of similar values close so positivity could be exchanged amongst each other.
Giving back is a scam created by humanity to faux appease their conciense.
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Dyt(f): 5:38am On Mar 05, 2020
Ephetar:

Gimme the money feeesss
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 4:45am On Mar 06, 2020
Logoobenz:
nonsense!
You only bring people of similar values close so positivity could be exchanged amongst each other.
Giving back is a scam created by humanity to faux appease their conciense.

Why do you think so? I need more explanations please
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Belafonte(m): 5:02am On Mar 06, 2020
The way to finding peace and fulfillment is doing the things that give you peace and fulfillment.

You’ve been able to secure sustenance spurred by the circumstances of your birth and upbringing. Now, to truly be happy, you must pursue your passions or a career that helps you actualise your true self.

A job, most times, is just a means to an end. Reflect on what and who you truly are at your core and you’ll find what you seek.
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 06, 2020
Once you are able to pay your bills, eat what you want and probably support people, additional satisfaction derived from additional money declines.

See the happiness derivable from Money as an inverted u curve or n, increases initially, Peaks ! And declines.

You need to find something that pushes you asides the money.

We all sometimes struggle with motivation.
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by prizlezzlalasky(f): 9:57am On Mar 06, 2020
Ephetar:

I presume...you havnt delved into what you are passionate about...you focused on eliminating the poor background which you where raised from ....kudos on that .

How about you discover what really makes you fulfilled? Could be a hobby, fronting an NGO targeted at helping the less privileged (since you had a first hand experience while growing up)......getting married to the woman you love, having kids( trust me kids are bundles of joy)....and even taking a vacation to your dream destination.

You may also want to delve into a career you ve admired while growing up....hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Greatzeus(m): 3:01pm On Mar 07, 2020
You damn right, money doesn't guarantee happiness but I am happier now compare to when I was broke. It's not the money per se, it's the fact that I am more productive with my life,makes enough to get anything I want.
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 8:25am On Mar 08, 2020
Belafonte:
The way to finding peace and fulfillment is doing the things that give you peace and fulfillment.

You’ve been able to secure sustenance spurred by the circumstances of your birth and upbringing. Now, to truly be happy, you must pursue your passions or a career that helps you actualise your true self.

A job, most times, is just a means to an end. Reflect on what and who you truly are at your core and you’ll find what you seek.

Thank you very much for this

1 Like

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 8:25am On Mar 08, 2020
Fiyinfoluwa20:
Once you are able to pay your bills, eat what you want and probably support people, additional satisfaction derived from additional money declines.

See the happiness derivable from Money as an inverted u curve or n, increases initially, Peaks ! And declines.

You need to find something that pushes you asides the money.

We all sometimes struggle with motivation.

Thanks
Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 8:26am On Mar 08, 2020
prizlezzlalasky:

I presume...you havnt delved into what you are passionate about...you focused on eliminating the poor background which you where raised from ....kudos on that .

How about you discover what really makes you fulfilled? Could be a hobby, fronting an NGO targeted at helping the less privileged (since you had a first hand experience while growing up)......getting married to the woman you love, having kids( trust me kids are bundles of joy)....and even taking a vacation to your dream destination.

You may also want to delve into a career you ve admired while growing up....hope this helps.

Beautiful submission.... Thanks

1 Like

Re: Money Does Not Ensure Happiness by Ephetar: 8:27am On Mar 08, 2020
Greatzeus:
You damn right, money doesn't guarantee happiness but I am happier now compare to when I was broke. It's not the money per se, it's the fact that I am more productive with my life,makes enough to get anything I want.

Good one

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Cries After DNA Shows He Is Not The Biological Father Of His Kids / Pls Set Me Up Financially / The Thoughts Of These Kids Always Come To My Mind, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.