Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) (20045 Views)

How To Identity And Avoid Fake/scam Jobs / How To Find A Real Work From Home Job In Nigeria / 10 Best And Real Work At Home Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by Godsonkemz(m): 10:17am On Mar 02, 2020
Theory
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by mmaster: 10:22am On Mar 02, 2020
[quote author=PatrickOkunima post=87096384]
https://patrickokunima.com/how-to-find-a-real-work-from-home-job-and-avoid-the-scam/

So do you have any one in mind? Kindly share
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by Lovelife433(m): 10:31am On Mar 02, 2020
rubish u type up their, go get life if u don't have any reasonable tin to type nonsense.
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by qanda: 10:40am On Mar 02, 2020
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by GraciasMagisco(m): 10:46am On Mar 02, 2020
Has anyone on here got a crane operation training of some sort going on?? Have got someone really interested but he's being delayed and its March already
@ Frontpage please, quite important, Thanks.
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by GraciasMagisco(m): 10:50am On Mar 02, 2020
GraciasMagisco:
Has anyone on here got a crane operation training of some sort going on?? Have got someone really interested but he's being delayed and its March already
@ Frontpage please, quite important, Thanks.
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by bravesoul247(m): 10:53am On Mar 02, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Weworkremotely.com
have you gotten a job from there before? Cos I've tried countlessly yet nothing
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:55am On Mar 02, 2020
alignacademy:
Interesting read

By the way, @PatrickOkunima, you don't seem to be on WhatsApp: is that deliberate?

Whatsapp can be very distracting in my line of business, so I limit it to personal use. For clients who insist, I give them my personal line (but caution them against unnecessarily chats).
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by berbs: 11:09am On Mar 02, 2020
Mistaicey2288:
Cool.. It's just quiet unfortunate that there are lots of Scam job vacancies out there lately. They'll keep sending interview notifications letters to their applicants only for the Applicants to get to the venue and realize the so called firms are not what they portray themselves to be on the internet.. That's why these days i usually advise job seekers go for applications to the known and recognised brands most of the time. For instance, vacancies from companies like NASCO, Cardbury, FanMilk, etc surely can never be scams... Also the ones from State and Federal government are also genuine too....

One can only decide to sometimes apply to other unknown brands after doing some proper background checks and realise it's actually genuine...
The Op is talking about work from home, not 8am to 5pm kinda jobs that we're accustomed with.
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by berbs: 11:10am On Mar 02, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Weworkremotely.com
Cool, there's also qa-world.com

1 Like

Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by MotiveU(f): 11:11am On Mar 02, 2020
Upwork.com should be ur best guest...
I use them alot
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 02, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

Whatsapp can be very distracting in my line of business, so I limit it to personal use. For clients who insist, I give them my personal line (but caution them against unnecessarily chats).
Thanks for clarifying

I find unscheduled phone calls to be some of the worst interruptions known to man; I can always check up on emails or WhatsApp messages [& Nairaland mentions] at a convenient time.

To each his own, I guess

Back to the article, keep up the good work
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:13am On Mar 02, 2020
bravesoul247:
have you gotten a job from there before? Cos I've tried countlessly yet nothing
What skill do you have?
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by PatrickOkunima(m): 11:28am On Mar 02, 2020
alignacademy:
Thanks for clarifying

I find unscheduled phone calls to be some of the worst interruptions known to man; I can always check up on emails or WhatsApp messages [& Nairaland mentions] at a convenient time.

To each his own, I guess

Back to the article, keep up the good work

Thanks.
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by brownemmanuel43(m): 11:48am On Mar 02, 2020
Stephendeals:

Most of them will tell you to pay a one-time training or registration fee shocked

99% of Work from Home Job offers flying on the internet are scam... good luck with the one percent

So so on point baba
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by SoNature(m): 12:36pm On Mar 02, 2020
MotiveU:
Upwork.com should be ur best guest...
I use them alot

Upwork can't be the best when they charge 20% of your hard-earned money.

That's greed.
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by michaellovaldo(m): 12:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
That's what some people don't know about longrich.
They're making people rich daily but when u tell Nairalanders
Nasoso scam them go dey shout,even after showing them proofs!
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by AirstarKane(f): 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
Thanks for this timely piece. Please I need a detailed info on some jobs to do online. I was doing transcription at a point but stopped. I really enjoyed doing it but I need a good company to work with if you have any online job or skill I can commit myself to, I wouldn't mind. Please share. Thanks
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by Shakaranews2020: 1:14pm On Mar 02, 2020
Nice Post.

Meanwhile, Ceece finally dumps Peruzzi and reveals man in her life. See the new man in her life before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZSEZ7bAckA
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by lewis512(m): 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
Nigerians corporate offices are not used to the work from home stuff if you are not into tech or a specialized skilled ... If you want job apply as much as possible is the solution , don’t scam and don’t be scammed
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by Offpoint: 4:06pm On Mar 02, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
Weworkremotely.com
98% of job offer there is for USA base only
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by bravesoul247(m): 4:32pm On Mar 02, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

What skill do you have?
I'm a Digital Marketer, I write contents and good at community management.
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2020
Offpoint:

98% of job offer there is for USA base only
More like 40 percent.
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:31pm On Mar 02, 2020
bravesoul247:
I'm a Digital Marketer, I write contents and good at community management.
That's the problem. Content writing and such forms of marketing do not sell. Besides most of those jobs require native English speakers. It will take a miracle for a Nigerian to get one
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by DOD1: 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2020
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by Legendguru: 8:25pm On Mar 02, 2020
Good
Re: How To Find A Real Work-from-home Job (and Avoid The Scam) by Erums(m): 5:15pm On Jun 08, 2023
Mistaicey2288:
Cool.. It's just quiet unfortunate that there are lots of Scam job vacancies out there lately. They'll keep sending interview notifications letters to their applicants only for the Applicants to get to the venue and realize the so called firms are not what they portray themselves to be on the internet.. That's why these days i usually advise job seekers go for applications to the known and recognised brands most of the time. For instance, vacancies from companies like NASCO, Cardbury, FanMilk, etc surely can never be scams... Also the ones from State and Federal government are also genuine too....

One can only decide to sometimes apply to other unknown brands after doing some proper background checks and realise it's actually genuine...
Can you tell me abt fanmilk

(1) (2) (Reply)

Invitation For Aptitude Test At Russel Smith / Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? / What's The Most Embarrassing Thing You Have Done In Your Work Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.