Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge (9681 Views)

Senate To Consider Proposal To Create Sharia Courts In South-West / MIURIC Demands Shari’ah Courts In South West & Edo - Ishaq Akintola / Establish Shari‘ah Courts In South-West - Muslims Tell Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 02, 2020
The Governor of Cross River State senator Ben Ayade is the worst peoples democratic governor in Nigeria is suppressing the press and fighting journalists and is engaging in lawlessness in that state. I think he's feeling as if he's an emperor of some sort.
The leadership of the peoples democratic party should call this man to order he has also spoken in the open, on the NTA program one-on-one that he's in bed with the president.

1 Like

Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by Afamed: 3:02pm On Mar 02, 2020
patrickmuf:
Cross River State have never had it this bad.
Even with the Prof at the head of affairs?
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by fergie001: 3:05pm On Mar 02, 2020
patrickmuf:
Cross River State have never had it this bad.
Na so nah....
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by fergie001: 3:06pm On Mar 02, 2020
Wickedfacts:
This same judge was caught on tape receiving bribe from a politician and begging him to help her daughter get a job.
The NJC absolved her of that crime.
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by senatordave1(m): 3:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
fergie001:

So it's payback time....na waoh.

Then as a nation, how do we grow kwanu?

Yes, Agbo is.
The three have been penciled down for interview by NJC, but meanwhile Dongban will be Ag PCA, cos Zainab will be 70 on Friday.
Why pencil down three instead of just the most senior? Agbo is from benue?
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by fergie001: 3:13pm On Mar 02, 2020
senatordave1:

Why pencil down three instead of just the most senior? Agbo is from benue?
No, Dongban takes charge as Acting, but the three will be interviewed for who will take over permanently.

Raphael Chike Agbo is from Enugu (confirmed)...he is presiding at Owerri CoA.

Agbo was recommended as Enugu CJ in 2003 but Nnamani had his man, Umezulike...therefore he engineered Agbo's elevation to.the CoA.

Umezulike (6th-in-line) became his CJ...the rest is history.
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by senatordave1(m): 3:14pm On Mar 02, 2020
Munzy14:

No govt anywhere in the world allows the independence of the three arms of government to stand... Somehow somewhere they are always influenced as far as the executive is in charge of ordering for salary and other remuneration.

Even in USA,in whom we use as reference, u saw what happened in the impeachment process.

Party politics contributed majorly in killing independence of these arms of government.
I totally align with this.even in the us,appointment of supreme court judges is a tug of war between the two major parties.some judges are even partisan openly.the difference is while in america its for national interest in nigeria its for selfish purposes.
Cc fergie
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by senatordave1(m): 3:15pm On Mar 02, 2020
fergie001:

No, Dongban takes charge as Acting, but the three will be interviewed for who will take over permanently.

Ya, Raphael Chike Agbo...he is presiding at Owerri CoA.
If three are pencilled down,then garba has a big chance
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by Okogopo: 3:16pm On Mar 02, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by fergie001: 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
senatordave1:

I totally align with this.even in the us,appointment of supreme court judges is a tug of war between the two major parties.some judges are even partisan openly.the difference is while in america its for national interest in nigeria its for selfish purposes.
Cc fergie
Very true.
They are not totally independent. Their preferment to either CoA or SC is always wired in high-level politics and must be aided by the Executive.

You can't separate politics from the Justice system all over the world. The only thing is that....it is more prevalent now.

During the time of Eso, Karibi-Whyte, Kutigi, Before, Oputa and co....there is a semblance of "some" independence.
Now, it's "full-blown" politics.
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by fergie001: 3:32pm On Mar 02, 2020
senatordave1:

If three are pencilled down,then garba has a big chance
It's just the normal formality.

That's why I said, it can never be him, unless dirt is found on Dongban and forced to retire...Garba cannot usurp her.

Just like in the case of Bulkachuwa. After Ayo Salami was removed, Dalhatu Adamu was next and was Acting.

Jonathan didn't like Adamu because of his closeness to Salami, and the then CJN preferred Zainab to him.

So, with the tacit support of Aloma Mukhtar (CJN), Jonathan renewed the Acting status of Adamu for five consecutive times (about 15months), first time in Nigeria's history.

Everyone continued to shout that Jonathan was flouting Section 238(5) ...acting status shouldn't exceed three months. He didn't care.

They continued renewing till Adamu (now late) retired. They then swore in Bulkachuwa as substantive.

I gave you the background as the worst that can happen to Dongban.
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by Confirmedzombie: 3:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
poiZon:

A Nigerian that doesn't know states that constitute different regions....
U r a simple illiterate.
Urilliteracy can be curedjust using map.

So Cross River is no longer in the SE. Your teachers must refund your parents your school fees.

You are a zombie illitrate.

I'm not suprise cos ibos are the less educated in Nigeria.

You cant even spoke or wrote good english
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by neduaustin: 3:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
It's only the SE biafra land you will see all this happen.

Give them Biafra today and see how lawlessness will take over everything.
Very useless set of people

Anything outside west is now SE....ask God for sense.....not costly shocked shocked
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by senatordave1(m): 4:19pm On Mar 02, 2020
fergie001:

It's just the normal formality.

That's why I said, it can never be him, unless dirt is found on Dongban and forced to retire...Garba cannot usurp her.

Just like in the case of Bulkachuwa. After Ayo Salami was removed, Dalhatu Adamu was next and was Acting.

Jonathan didn't like Adamu because of his closeness to Salami, and the then CJN preferred Zainab to him.

So, with the tacit support of Aloma Mukhtar (CJN), Jonathan renewed the Acting status of Adamu for five consecutive times (about 15months), first time in Nigeria's history.

Everyone continued to shout that Jonathan was flouting Section 238(5) ...acting status shouldn't exceed three months. He didn't care.

They continued renewing till Adamu (now late) retired. They then swore in Bulkachuwa as substantive.

I gave you the background as the worst that can happen to Dongban.
You can see why i cant dislike buhari.whatever he did,pdp did ten times more.most of those that attack buhari are poor students of history.if monica retirement date is near,she may face the same fate.but i dont see why buhari wouldn't like her

1 Like

Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by fergie001: 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
senatordave1:

You can see why i cant dislike buhari.whatever he did,pdp did ten times more.most of those that attack buhari are poor students of history.if monica retirement date is near,she may face the same fate.but i dont see why buhari wouldn't like her

There are no good guys here, not Jonathan and not Buhari.

It is strictly the religious narrative. The rumour started because it was expected she will replace Bulkachuwa at the PEPT...all of a sudden, Garba showed up.

Again, that position has been held by Muslims from the North for the last 41 years now. The last non-Muslim, Daniel Onuorah Ibekwe left there in 1978.

Before you know it, they wanted to push her to the SC, she also rejected it, especially because there is no slot for NC for now.

Don't also forget that her father was also a fmr Justice of the Court of Appeal.

It's a straight fight between both of them and there is pressure everywhere. Agbo is from Enugu.

Ironically, both Dongban and Garba are of the same age. Garba was former Chief Judge of Zamfara State.
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by patrickmuf(m): 4:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
Afamed:

Yes.
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by IprintMONEY: 5:27pm On Mar 02, 2020
fergie001:

Imagine, and her husband is from C/Rivers. Her dad was a Perm Sec, also in that same C/Rivers.

He wants to swear in Maurice Eneji, which won't work.
is maurice enji walter eneji brothere?
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by IprintMONEY: 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2020
patrickmuf:
The argument against her person is that she is from Akwa Ibom state even though she is married to a Cross Riverian and her mom is a Cross Riverian. She has worked all her life in Cross River and paid taxes.

Ethno-religious sentiment is the bane of our present day society...

No doubt, the Governor is complicit in the obvious delay in confirming her.
she can never be sworn in. if it was akwa ibom, this will never happen.
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by fergie001: 5:32pm On Mar 02, 2020
IprintMONEY:
is maurice enji walter eneji brothere?
If it's the late fmr Dep-Gov, I don't think so.
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by IprintMONEY: 5:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
fergie001:

If it's the late fmr Dep-Gov, I don't think so.
yes it is the late fmr gov i am talking about. thanks for the clarification
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by fergie001: 5:40pm On Mar 02, 2020
IprintMONEY:
yes it is the late fmr gov i am talking about. thanks for the clarification
Uwc Sir....
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by senatordave1(m): 5:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
fergie001:

There are no good guys here, not Jonathan and not Buhari.

It is strictly the religious narrative. The rumour started because it was expected she will replace Bulkachuwa at the PEPT...all of a sudden, Garba showed up.

Again, that position has been held by Muslims from the North for the last 41 years now. The last non-Muslim, Daniel Onuorah Ibekwe left there in 1978.

Before you know it, they wanted to push her to the SC, she also rejected it, especially because there is no slot for NC for now.

Don't also forget that her father was also a fmr Justice of the Court of Appeal.

It's a straight fight between both of them and there is pressure everywhere. Agbo is from Benue and can't be PCA, especially as the Chief Judge of the FHC, Tsoho is from Benue State.

Ironically, both Dongban and Garba are of the same age. Garba was former Chief Judge of Zamfara State.

That means both will retire same time.how old is agbo
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by fergie001: 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2020
senatordave1:

That means both will retire same time.how old is agbo

Will check it out, once am home.

Agbo will never be picked.

Rose Ngozi Chiama (his sister) is the Permanent Sec and Ag. Chairman, Enugu SUBEB.

His wife is a Special Advisor to Gov Ugwuanyi on Special Duties/MDG

grin grin
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by Blackking98(m): 6:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
IprintMONEY:
she can never be sworn in. if it was akwa ibom, this will never happen.
LMAO I think this goes beyond if she's from Akwa Ibom, I'm from akwa ibom but have lived all my life in calabar, currently schooling in UNICAL. You have Akwa ibomites everywhere in Cross river even in this ayade government so I don't see it as the reason, there must be something else attached, maybe she doesn't belong or isn't loyal to the powers that be, you even have a commissioner in CRS whoose allegedly from akwa Ibom, if she does the needful she'll be confirmed. Besides no one stopping any Cross riverian from staying in Akwa Ibom and getting involved in aks government bro.
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by Legendguru: 6:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
Oh
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by poiZon: 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

So Cross River is no longer in the SE. Your teachers must refund your parents your school fees.

You are a zombie illitrate.

I'm not suprise cos ibos are the less educated in Nigeria.

You cant even spoke or wrote good english
Cross River
Akwaibom
Rivers
Delta
Bayelsa
Edo
All south south states.

Again u be illiterate
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by senatordave1(m): 8:32pm On Mar 02, 2020
fergie001:

Will check it out, once am home.

Agbo will never be picked.

Rose Ngozi Chiama (his sister) is the Permanent Sec and Ag. Chairman, Enugu SUBEB.

His wife is a Special Advisor to Gov Ugwuanyi on Special Duties/MDG

grin grin
Oh,he's an ibo man
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by fergie001: 8:33pm On Mar 02, 2020
senatordave1:

Oh,he's an ibo man
The same clan as Ugwuanyi.
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by Okoroawusa: 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
I have read all the comments here from beginning to end but no one is blaming PDP...why?

But if it was an APC state....
Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by IprintMONEY: 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2020
Blackking98:
LMAO I think this goes beyond if she's from Akwa Ibom, I'm from akwa ibom but have lived all my life in calabar, currently schooling in UNICAL. You have Akwa ibomites everywhere in Cross river even in this ayade government so I don't see it as the reason, there must be something else attached, maybe she doesn't belong or isn't loyal to the powers that be, you even have a commissioner in CRS whoose allegedly from akwa Ibom, if she does the needful she'll be confirmed. Besides no one stopping any Cross riverian from staying in Akwa Ibom and getting involved in aks government bro.
bro i have stayed in these 2 states, yes akwa ibom is carved out of cross river/ its easy for akwa ibom to get post in cross river but a cross river indigene can never get a sensitive post like chief judge of akwa ibom or any political. i can bet my 2 balls on this. i know these people so well. all the ndito ekpo in these 2 states dont joke with me when ever i land any of those states

1 Like

Re: Courts in Cross River Shut Down Over Non-Confirmation Of Chief Judge by mechanics(m): 9:28pm On Mar 02, 2020
She should be a no nonsense judge that won't compromise her integrity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Directs All Chairmen, Deputies, Others To Rellocate To LGAs, Wards / FG Disburses N105.5 Billion For 260 Roads Repairs Nationwide / Tweet Reactions To Richard Branson's "Biafran" Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.