Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools (41022 Views)

JAMB Abolishes UTME Cut-Off Marks / FG Abolishes Admission Policy On Catchment Area For Varsities / May Day: Kano Govt. Abolishes HND, Bsc Dichotomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by nlPoster: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2020
Mistaicey2288:

The first paragraph. Yea you're absolutely right. I remember i experienced some of those incidents too back then...

As for the 2nd paragraph, well that might be his motive for doing it but i still believe it really doesn't make sense.

Not sure what caused the issues at that time, but it was rather unusual.

There was also some opposition to the standard school uniforms but it was implemented anyway and I guess it did achieve the intended effect. I just hope the fights dont pick up where they left off.
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Akanoaaa(m): 9:15pm On Mar 02, 2020
Wow.. I love this
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Flier: 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2020
DearJesse:
Nice move... Aregbeshola embezzled our one year state alawee that year. God will surely punish him.
He embezzled it or used it to do projects
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by babington91(m): 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2020
DearJesse:
Nice move... Aregbeshola embezzled our one year state alawee that year. God will surely punish him.

Which batch bro or sis?
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Amotolongbo(f): 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2020
nlPoster:

Not sure what caused the issues at that time, but it was rather unusual.

There was also some opposition to the standard school uniforms but it was implemented anyway and I guess it did achieve the intended effect, just guessing. I just hope the fights dont pick up where they left off.
The fight was based on the use of hijab and unification of schools.
Some schools established by different faiths were unified. eg having Ansarudeen students in Anglican school. Would you think the Anglican School would allow the Ansarudeen female students to attend their schools with hijab?

Aregbesola caused a very great havoc in the educational system of the state

1 Like

Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by hayzedsmart(m): 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
Good one from
MR. GOVERNOR
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by nlPoster: 9:31pm On Mar 02, 2020
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by NEROSKY(m): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
nlPoster:
So, is another state going to start the uniform policy?

Proactive govt, God should give our leaders the tenacity, wisdom and development for leading the people and also prosper them/us, amen.

Always praying - i'm almost 30 nothing has changed.
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Amotolongbo(f): 9:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
nlPoster:

I remember the students used to fight a lot along religious lines many years back. It was almost like a total war, at least going by the media reports.

Possibly the standard uniform was to encourage a more united outlook.
nlPoster:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/rumble-in-osun-public-schools/

https://www.nairaland.com/2046711/scores-wounded-rival-cults-clash

http://saharareporters.com/2019/11/23/osun-government-shuts-down-school-over-teachers-students-clash

https://www.nairaland.com/3089238/state-public-secondary-schools-osun

I was only trying to let you know that the issue of “standardized uniform” was not aimed at aiding unity among the students like you said.

Of course there was never an incidence to back that up, even from the links you provided.
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by enemyofprogress: 9:46pm On Mar 02, 2020
Yeye people. So yeyeish like the mod that banned my favourite moniker till 2025. Which kind sense dey for dat kind yeye ban?
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Tulsaguy: 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
Sycophantic governance reign supreme in this country. He was part of that unfortunate administration that turned everything upside down. Introduced one uniform for all, change the name from osun state to state of osun, changed the motto of the state from state of the living spring to ipinle omoluabi & destroyed schools. A coward couldn't hear his voice, he was afraid to stand alone. He kept his job, later became the governor.

Nobody will correct him of his own errors now, they will sing his praise to high heavens, and alter his policies after he is gone. So the circle continues.....

That reminds me of Gandolar and kwankwoso, and the two monkeys in edo state....
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by xangerar: 9:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
The level of flip flopping in governance in Nigeria is at an intolerable height. It's a bane.

So who will bear the cost of sewing new uniforms for the children? Their parents , Aregbesola or the Osun State government ?

If I were a parent in Osun , I will take out a Writ of Summons against that rascal.
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Pat081: 10:02pm On Mar 02, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Gboyega Oyetola would have done far better job than his predecessor, Rauf Aregbesola. But Aregbesola had financially incapacitated him through reckless spending on white elephant projects and hyper inflated contracts, plunging the state into an eternal debt.
they both put that state in big debt. What is the usefullness of airport
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Theoarhics: 10:11pm On Mar 02, 2020
The West and north have the worst sets of school uniforms in Nigeria. I remember oke badan and trinity college uniforms I go just laff
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 02, 2020
DearJesse:
Abi o. Oloriburuku man
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by maasoap(m): 10:16pm On Mar 02, 2020
Mistaicey2288:
Cool.. As much as i do not like this Oyetola too just like his predecessor Aregbesola, i must commend him on this one thing he just did. I mean how can the entire primary and secondary school students in a state have a single uniform? That is really dangerous i must say. For example, it will be easy for the bad eggs among the students in some schools to perpetrate evil in some other schools and go away with it because there's no way to identity the school they belong to.. Even forgetting the danger aspect, it's totally all shades of wrong...

I like Oyetola like kilode. He's just quiet and focused man. He doesn't make noise, a silent achiever. It's just a pity that he doesn't have money to do wonders, Aregbe made sure that three successive administrations after his own administration won't find it easy
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by mankan2k7(m): 10:22pm On Mar 02, 2020
Good news
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by nlPoster: 10:27pm On Mar 02, 2020
Amotolongbo:
I was only trying to let you know that the issue of “standardized uniform” was not aimed at aiding unity among the students like you said.

Of course there was never an incidence to back that up, even from the links you provided.

Modified.

The same also happens in other states , it's not only Osun state.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/teachers-students-study-trees-ondo/

https://searchworks.stanford.edu/view/1159154

https://www..com/talk/topic,389699.0.html

https://www.legit.ng/1216415-students-secondary-schools-spotted-fighting-lagos-badagry-expressway-video.html
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by bopm: 10:28pm On Mar 02, 2020
hian, fight is abt to start, another edo wahala loading
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Mistaicey2288: 10:29pm On Mar 02, 2020
maasoap:

I like Oyetola like kilode. He's just quiet and focused man. He doesn't make noise, a silent achiever. It's just a pity that he doesn't have money to do wonders, Aregbe made sure that three successive administrations after his own administration won't find it easy

Hmmm well i guess you might be right though. It seems he actually has good intentions but the lack of funds is what is limiting him.. Aregbe has really plunged the state into so much debts. I even heard Oyetola just keeps uncovering the debts Aregbesola incured one after the other now.. It's really sad.
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
Mistaicey2288:
Cool.. As much as i do not like this Oyetola too just like his predecessor Aregbesola, i must commend him on this one thing he just did. I mean how can the entire primary and secondary school students in a state have a single uniform? That is really dangerous i must say. For example, it will be easy for the bad eggs among the students in some schools to perpetrate evil in some other schools and go away with it because there's no way to identity the school they belong to.. Even forgetting the danger aspect, it's totally all shades of wrong...

You should know the reason he did that.

I heard that the contract to sew the school uniforms was given to someone quite close to the then governor.
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by CSTR2: 11:53pm On Mar 02, 2020
Aregbesola is now minister for interior. A very critical position.

Instead of restricting his incompetence to his people, buhari has given him the opportunity to share it nationwide.

Clap for your country.
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by ThatFairGuy: 11:55pm On Mar 02, 2020
Trash.
[s]
Amotolongbo:
Gboyega Oyetola would have done far better job than his predecessor, Rauf Aregbesola. But Aregbesola had financially incapacitated him through reckless spending on white elephant projects and hyper inflated contracts, plunging the state into an eternal debt.
[/s]

Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by ThatFairGuy: 11:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
YOU HEARD but you're misinformed.
[s]
FrLukas:

You should know the reason he did that.

I heard that the contract to sew the school uniforms was given to someone quite close to the then governor.
[/s]
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by ThatFairGuy: 12:02am On Mar 03, 2020
You don't know what you are saying. You're not current with what's going on.
[s]
richesbhc:
Aregbesola goofed big time with his useless policies in education in Osun state, instead of progressing Osun state now compete with Zamfara, yobe and the likes in Waec
[/s]
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by tunjidj3: 12:11am On Mar 03, 2020
Praise the lord praise the living Jesus
At last osun people are now free from bound age of same uniform that make me to remembered our old school uniform white and black ar st johns grammar school
May God bless the new governor and liberate osun from past mess
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by macklef(m): 12:21am On Mar 03, 2020
ajbf:
Nonsense and summersaulting state government policy on education.
Titilayo Laoye was deputy governor and at the same that commissioner for education.
They made mockery of education at the primary and secondary school levels in the public sector.
really dis pictures u posted was a picture of a governor n his deputy and not a comedy show or sth. Really?
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Stmiceel(m): 12:29am On Mar 03, 2020
Starvation of workers should also stop too.
Or else WAEC will sue Osun state for wasting their papers. If this Audio government will not take good care of workers in Osun.
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by OmoEpe(m): 12:55am On Mar 03, 2020
I laugh when I see ignoramus on nairaland condemning aregbesola.

Do you know that every single student in both primary and secondary school in Osun gets afrre school uniform annually from the Govt ? That reduction in cost of production is one of the reasons for the uniformity?

Don't even let me start with the school feeding which the UN has adopted wholesale for all African nations. Are you even conversant with His giant strides in infrastructural development?

STFU if you don't know instead of defaming a good and model administrator
Re: Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools by Jokemuyiwa(m): 2:12am On Mar 03, 2020
Wow.... that's good idea and good steps for education sectors in Osun State

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

English Words You Have Been Using Wrongly As A Nigerian!!! / OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years / A Picture Of Mass Communication Dept. In IMT Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.