Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,964 members, 7,956,615 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 03:19 PM

US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 (21082 Views)

Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death / Coronavirus: Death Toll In Italy Rises To 197 / Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by CanadaOrBust: 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2020
puremaker7:
slowpoke hope our weather is protecting us now?

So explain to us how Italy just had 475 deaths in just one day alone while no Nigerian in Nigeria has ever gotten seriously ill. Also explain to us why all Italian hot zones are in the cold northern parts. Also mention for us one warm and humid (tropical) and relatively poor place where corona has succeeded.
My brother it is all pure SCIENCE (see screenshot below).

I’ve always said Nigerians shouldn’t be complacent and should take all necessary precautions but at same time we shouldn’t let alarmists have us in a panic.

*copied*
Nicholls, said there were three things coronavirus does not like — sunlight, temperature and humidity.

“Sunlight will cut the virus’s ability to grow in half, so the half-life will be 2.5 minutes, while in the dark it’s about 13 to 20 minutes. Sunlight is really good at killing viruses,” Nicholls said.

His view is corroborated by a virologist at Germany’s Centre for Experimental and Clinical Infection Research, Thomas Pietschmann.

Pietschmann said the coronavirus is “not very heat-resistant, which means that the virus quickly breaks down when temperatures rise.”

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by gosmoney(m): 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2020
puremaker7:
you are very stupid, why is it all you know here is to attack, is it because most of you are living a frustration life.
see d idiot telling his father he is stupid as if u can tell me dat to my face ur father
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by puremaker7(m): 7:23pm On Mar 22, 2020
gosmoney:
see d idiot telling his father he is stupid as if u can tell me dat to my face ur father
you must be delusional to think you are older enough to have me as a son...stupid human
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by puremaker7(m): 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

So explain to us how Italy just had 475 deaths in just one day alone while no Nigerian in Nigeria has ever gotten seriously ill. Also explain to us why all Italian hot zones are in the cold northern parts. Also mention for us one warm and humid (tropical) and relatively poor place where corona has succeeded.
My brother it is all pure SCIENCE (see screenshot below).

I’ve always said Nigerians shouldn’t be complacent and should take all necessary precautions but at same time we shouldn’t let alarmists have us in a panic.

*copied*
Nicholls, said there were three things coronavirus does not like — sunlight, temperature and humidity.

“Sunlight will cut the virus’s ability to grow in half, so the half-life will be 2.5 minutes, while in the dark it’s about 13 to 20 minutes. Sunlight is really good at killing viruses,” Nicholls said.

His view is corroborated by a virologist at Germany’s Centre for Experimental and Clinical Infection Research, Thomas Pietschmann.

Pietschmann said the coronavirus is “not very heat-resistant, which means that the virus quickly breaks down when temperatures rise.”
Trash
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by CanadaOrBust: 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
puremaker7:
Trash
How?
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by puremaker7(m): 2:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

How?
weather is not helping anything, the problem we have in nigeria is that we always like to hide the truth, the fact is people were not exposed to corona b4, nd again many people are currently carrier of this virus right now but they don't know yet, believe me or not the next 2 to 3 weeks will be hard because we don't have what it takes to fight this thing.
ordinary stay at home many people cant do it because they will be starved to death.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by CanadaOrBust: 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2020
puremaker7:
weather is not helping anything, the problem we have in nigeria is that we always like to hide the truth, the fact is people were not exposed to corona b4, nd again many people are currently carrier of this virus right now but they don't know yet, believe me or not the next 2 to 3 weeks will be hard because we don't have what it takes to fight this thing.
ordinary stay at home many people cant do it because they will be starved to death.

If it weren’t for our weather, hot sun, and malaria thousands of Nigerians will be dead by now.
Kyari would have given it to Buhari and many governors and senators. Same for the Italian guy.

Of course weather matters, even in Italy the warmer southern regions are ok - didn’t u read of Nigerians having a full blown wedding yesterday in the same Italy that 967 people just died in 24hrs?!

Personally, I believe thousands of Nigerians may have or may have had corona, only that they don’t know it because it doesn’t make Nigerians that sick!
I suspect the death rate among Nigerians living permanently in Nigeria is zero and will continue to be close to zero.

About closing everything down, below is an argument I presented to a guy:
—————————

Ok, it is established fact that AT MOST we’d lose less than 2% of those who get this virus (though currently it is 0% for Nigerians permanently living in Nigeria!). 80% of those who get the virus either never have symptoms or have very mild symptoms.
How many people do u think will die if there is mass starvation plus all the social ills that’d come with closing down everything? Plus the irreversible damage to the economy?
If u calm down and look at it UNEMOTIONALLY you’d see the sense in what I’m saying. (Also remember that both our birth rate and population density are quite high).

Also, SINCE THE DEATH RATE IS SO LOW, we can go the herd immunity route - gradually as more and more people recover and therefore develop immunity to the virus, we’d eventually develop herd immunity, at which point the virus is defeated.

Here’s the rest of my argument to the guy (which is totally original by the way):

First of all we’d be doing everything other countries are doing EXCEPT totally shut down our society. People will be sentisized to not crowd together, social distancing, to wash hands, to use face masks, etc, PLUS we’d also be treating those we can which will save some. So there’d be no “everyone is allowed to be infected at the same time, with no one taking care of anybody“.

Secondly, it is established that 97% of the infected, get well without needing any special medical care (so for them it is just like, say, malaria)

Thirdly we’d have more people who have survived the virus and therefore whose blood have immunity and can be used to treat the sick (this has been shown to work)

Fourthly we should remember we are overpopulated.
It is better that we fight a war and win and come out stronger (though losing some people), than to close everything and hide like cowards because of an enemy we know we can defeat (though we’d lose some people while doing it). Countries have gone to war instead of surrendering, knowing fully well they’d lose half their people!
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by puremaker7(m): 3:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

If it weren’t for our weather, hot sun, and malaria thousands of Nigerians will be dead by now.
Kyari would have given it to Buhari and many governors and senators. Same for the Italian guy.

Of course weather matters, even in Italy the warmer southern regions are ok - didn’t u read of Nigerians having a full blown wedding yesterday in the same Italy that 967 people just died in 24hrs?!

Personally, I believe thousands of Nigerians may have or may have had corona, only that they don’t know it because it doesn’t make Nigerians that sick!
I suspect the death rate among Nigerians living permanently in Nigeria is zero and will continue to be close to zero.

About closing everything down, below is an argument I presented to a guy:
—————————

Ok, it is established fact that AT MOST we’d lose less than 2% of those who get this virus (though currently it is 0% for Nigerians permanently living in Nigeria!). 80% of those who get the virus either never have symptoms or have very mild symptoms.
How many people do u think will die if there is mass starvation plus all the social ills that’d come with closing down everything? Plus the irreversible damage to the economy?
If u calm down and look at it UNEMOTIONALLY you’d see the sense in what I’m saying. (Also remember that both our birth rate and population density are quite high).

Also, SINCE THE DEATH RATE IS SO LOW, we can go the herd immunity route - gradually as more and more people recover and therefore develop immunity to the virus, we’d eventually develop herd immunity, at which point the virus is defeated.

Here’s the rest of my argument to the guy (which is totally original by the way):

First of all we’d be doing everything other countries are doing EXCEPT totally shut down our society. People will be sentisized to not crowd together, social distancing, to wash hands, to use face masks, etc, PLUS we’d also be treating those we can which will save some. So there’d be no “everyone is allowed to be infected at the same time, with no one taking care of anybody“.

Secondly, it is established that 97% of the infected, get well without needing any special medical care (so for them it is just like, say, malaria)

Thirdly we’d have more people who have survived the virus and therefore whose blood have immunity and can be used to treat the sick (this has been shown to work)

Fourthly we should remember we are overpopulated.
It is better that we fight a war and win and come out stronger (though losing some people), than to close everything and hide like cowards because of an enemy we know we can defeat (though we’d lose some people while doing it). Countries have gone to war instead of surrendering, knowing fully well they’d lose half their people!
hmm...partially agreed with u, but the fact remain that our health sector is not ready and can handle shit let just pray their wont be an outbreak.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by CanadaOrBust: 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
puremaker7:
hmm...partially agreed with u, but the fact remain that our health sector is not ready and can handle shit let just pray their wont be an outbreak.

Well, malaria does not kill us yet kills others. Now it’s been found that chloroquine, a malaria medicine, mitigates corona. Maybe corona will also be like malaria and not kill us. See below

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by puremaker7(m): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Well, malaria does not kill us yet kills others. Now it’s been found that chloroquine, a malaria medicine, mitigates corona. Maybe corona will also be like malaria and not kill us. See below
who told you malaria does not kill? abi we dont value life here.

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by CanadaOrBust: 4:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
puremaker7:
who told you malaria does not kill? abi we dont value life here.

That’s why West Africa was called “white man’s grave”, also why they couldn’t settle here. It kills almost all of them, and almost non of us!
BTW why do u think the Japanese method succeeded? See below

Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by puremaker7(m): 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

That’s why West Africa was called “white man’s grave”, also why they couldn’t settle here. It kills almost all of them, and almost non of us!
BTW why do u think the Japanese method succeeded? See below
what thing for sure is that black people are not immune to covid 19.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by CanadaOrBust: 5:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
puremaker7:
what thing for sure is that black people are not immune to covid 19.

Not black people. Black people living permanently in Nigeria/West Africa MUST be something going on, either weather or immunity or both otherwise thousands would have been dead
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by puremaker7(m): 5:32pm On Mar 29, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Not black people. Black people living permanently in Nigeria/West Africa MUST be something going on, either weather or immunity or both otherwise thousands would have been dead
remember 1 month ago we had a single case of italian, Now how many do we have as of this evening?
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by CanadaOrBust: 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
puremaker7:
remember 1 month ago we had a single case of italian, Now how many do we have as of this evening?

How do u know we had a single case - airport and borders were wide open. Better question is how many who live permanently in Nigeria have become seriously ill from it or on ventilator
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by puremaker7(m): 5:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

How do u know we had a single case - airport and borders were wide open. Better question is how many who live permanently in Nigeria have become seriously ill from it or on ventilator
I mean confirmed cases
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by CanadaOrBust: 5:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
puremaker7:
I mean confirmed cases

Ok. Last I checked no one living permanently in Nigeria has died or become seriously ill from it. Maybe it’ll stay that way
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by puremaker7(m): 6:38pm On Mar 29, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Ok. Last I checked no one living permanently in Nigeria has died or become seriously ill from it. Maybe it’ll stay that way
I pray it stay like that.
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by gosmoney(m): 11:35pm On Apr 05, 2020
puremaker7:
you must be delusional to think you are older enough to have me as a son...stupid human
ok u will tell me dat again soon
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by gosmoney(m): 11:39pm On Apr 05, 2020
puremaker7:
you are very stupid, why is it all you know here is to attack, is it because most of you are living a frustration life.
I can see u are jobless for knwing me has an attacker sorry per
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by iaamxavier(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2020
Imagine from 6 at March 3rd 2020
To a whooping 10,000+ April 6th 2020
Re: US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 by puremaker7(m): 12:14am On Apr 08, 2020
gosmoney:
ok u will tell me dat again soon
you are very stupid

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos Discharges 10 Coronavirus Patients / The Ultra Modern Hospital Built In Damaturu By Yobe State Government In Damaturu / The World Hepatitis Day: 10 Things You Should Know Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.