Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice (1201 Views)

Neat Honda Accord (Evil Spirit) 09/010 / Neat Infiniti FX35 09/010 / Help: 2010 Avalon Vs 08/09 Mercedes E350 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by Selfkontrol: 7:16am On Mar 03, 2020
So guys few days ago I posted about an 08 Honda Civic I wanted to get and got some advice. Thanks everyone for your input. Well I contacted the owner and asked why he was selling and he told me the car is low and his area has bad road and that gave me a rethink. For sure I know the car is low but didn’t think It’s that low that would make an owner want to sell it.

The owner lives in port Harcourt and I live in port harcourt myself and the roads here are not all perfect and besides that I want to use the car partly for bolt business and you never can tell where a customer would take you so that justifies my reason for letting it go. So after reading many threads on ‘car talks section’, I’m finally going for an 09/010 Corolla but a Nigerian used one because to get direct Belgium of same model is around 1.8-2m and way out of my budget.

I’m checking out two and they are going for 1.3 and 1.4 respectively. I’m going with a good mechanic today and check everything and also FRSC to verify it’s Authenticity plus other tips I read on here.

I know we’re like family here I need all the advice pls because this would be my first car thank you
Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:26am On Mar 03, 2020
Selfkontrol:
So guys few days ago I posted about an 08 Honda Civic I wanted to get and got some advice. Thanks everyone for your input. Well I contacted the owner and asked why he was selling and he told me the car is low and his area has bad road and that gave me a rethink. For sure I know the car is low but didn’t think It’s that low that would make an owner want to sell it.

The owner lives in port Harcourt and I live in port harcourt myself and the roads here are not all perfect and besides that I want to use the car partly for bolt business and you never can tell where a customer would take you so that justifies my reason for letting it go. So after reading many threads on ‘car talks section’, I’m finally going for an 09/010 Corolla but a Nigerian used one because to get direct Belgium of same model is around 1.8-2m and way out of my budget.

I’m checking out two and they are going for 1.3 and 1.4 respectively. I’m going with a good mechanic today and check everything and also FRSC to verify it’s Authenticity plus other tips I read on here.

I know we’re like family here I need all the advice pls because this would be my first car thank you

Good ones start from 2.5m

3 Likes

Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by Selfkontrol: 7:29am On Mar 03, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Good ones start from 2.5m
sorry I mean lower model of Corolla like 06/07.
Sir please what’s on your input on this one I’m getting
Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by mejai(m): 7:39am On Mar 03, 2020
Oil consumption

Poor aesthetics....SA model, especially.

Auto compressor to manual.... The owner fit don change am sha

others can list out.

1 Like

Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by Selfkontrol: 7:41am On Mar 03, 2020
mejai:
Oil consumption

Poor aesthetics....SA model, especially.

Auto compressor to manual.... The owner fit don change am sha

others can list out.
thanks bro. the ones I’m checking out is American specs
Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by bigiyaro(m): 7:44am On Mar 03, 2020
I won't buy a naija used corolla o, I hope ur mechanic is extra pro.
Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by Selfkontrol: 7:45am On Mar 03, 2020
bigiyaro:
lol he is very good. Recommended by someone that owns a Toyota. The car is clean
Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by bigiyaro(m): 7:48am On Mar 03, 2020
Selfkontrol:
lol he is very good. Recommended by someone that owns a Toyota. The car is clean
good luck bro. God bless your hustle.
Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by mejai(m): 7:52am On Mar 03, 2020
bigiyaro:
Why? Unless badly damaged or abused. It is not a complicated or complex car to fix and return it to standard.
Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by Selfkontrol: 7:53am On Mar 03, 2020
bigiyaro:
good luck bro. God bless your hustle.
thanks bro
Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by bigiyaro(m): 7:55am On Mar 03, 2020
mejai:

Why? Unless badly damaged or abused. It is not a complicated or complex car to fix and return it to standard.

85% of 2003-7 coros in naija are badly abused, mostly its better to buy a toks than fix naija used.

2 Likes

Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by Selfkontrol: 7:57am On Mar 03, 2020
bigiyaro:
85% of 2003-7 coros in naija are badly abused, mostly its better to buy a toks than fix naija used.
this one is 09/010 so my fear of it being previously used for Uber is out and you’re right about the 03-07. It’s mostly Uber n bolt cars
Re: Finally Getting An 09/010 Corolla. Advice by captainking(m): 3:10pm On Mar 03, 2020
Selfkontrol:

Look up mrford or inception.. They are here and based in Ph..they are good.. Your ppi is sure

(1) (Reply)

Newly Imported Toyota Camry 2010 At A Giveaway Price @2.5m / Does The Air Condition Reduce In Chilling Or I'm Over Use To It? / Auto Electrical Work Or Auto Body Work.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.