Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Do You Also Believe In Rapture? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Also Believe In Rapture? (330 Views)

The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. / Left Behind In Rapture....why? Because Of Little Ignorant Mistakes! / 3 Silent Sins That Will Stop You From Rising In Rapture! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Also Believe In Rapture? by herlecks(m): 4:21pm On Mar 03, 2020
Will there be a rapture? If any man assumes there be some rapture let him think again. Are you able to explain these verses?

Matthew:16.28
"Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom."

That is, some of the Apostles would be alive when he returns. Are the Apostles still alive today? No. He returned as He promised. He can't lie, unless your eyes or minds fail you.

Matthew:24.34
"Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

So many have tried twisting this verse in various manners. Why don't we take this verse to mean what it says, looking beyond every fleshly and cunning handling of God's word? If Matthews 24 was fulfilled in the apostles' generation, why do some think there is some rapture somewhere?

Did Paul ever speak of rapture in any of his epistles? No. Everyone probably misunderstood Paul.

1 Thessalonians 3:5 And the Master direct your hearts into the love of YHVH, and into the patient waiting for the Messiah.

Paul said the Thessalonians to wait patiently for the Master's appearance 2000years ago. Was Paul deluded to think the Master will appear in his days? No. Look again.

Philippians 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

The Lord is "at hand" can never be 2000years after, for these verses proves Paul and his brethren waited patiently for Christ's second return. Did Paul ever spoke of some rapture in his epistle to the Thessalonians? No.

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17
[15]For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
[16]For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
[17]Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Paul here speaks of the believers' death and resurrection at Christ's coming in the clouds of heaven (clouds of heaven signifying judgement upon Israel which He promised in Matthews 23:35-38, fulfilled in 70AD's utter destruction of Jerusalem). Those that died first in the Lord will be risen and be caught up into the spirit to be with the Lord, and they which are alive when they die will also immediately resurrect to join their brethren, therefore the dead in the faith preceding the living in resurrection. If any believer dies today, he is immediately caught up into the spirit, receive a new body and made to be with Christ forever.

Now what are we believers waiting for? What are we still doing down here? Do you think God has given you His Spirit for fun? For your pleasure? That we may merry today and tomorrow fly away into the heavens as we escape the chaotic world? "I'll fly away oh glory!" Don't be deceived! We carry the solution to the world's problem, for the kingdom which is within us is of peace, joy and righteousness in the Holy Ghost, living and releasing the kingdom within us is the solution. God is waiting for you to release the gifts within you, He wants to clear the world of filth through you and I, He wants to heal the sick, bless the poor, deliver the oppressed, I tell you God is not looking to snatch anyone out of this world, rather He says "heal the world!" We have His Spirit within us, do you understand what that means? Divinity living in man? God living in man? Do you understand what such a man can achieve by God's power? But here, those to whom He gave His Spirit are seeking escape routes out of the world, those who should heal it will rather avoid responsibility and flee from it.

The devil is taking over the world by his agents, whereas believers are waiting for Christ to snatch them out of it. What a waste of heavenly investment and resources are we believers! God is seeking to be expressed, when He looks at you He wants to see His holiness, righteousness, power, He wants to see Himself in us, for this is what it means to "glorify" and "worship" God, but here we're seeking to run out of the world. Can you imagine the doctor fleeing from the patient because the patient is sick? That's folly. If there would be any rapture it would have occurred in the days of the apostles because they faced great persecutions, God would have pitied them and snatched them out of the world, but He rather left them to die. Why? Because persecution and affliction purifies us!

God is not seeking to rapture anyone out of here, we'd better start taking responsibility for the things happening down here instead of sitting idly expecting God to remove us from the world, because you and I will be judged, you will be questioned when you face judgement what you did with the Spirit, anointing and power He put in you to clean the world He made.

The devil's kids are seeking to take the kingdom, Christians are seeking to flee the world. What Christians fail to understand is that God also wants that kingdom, God wants the hearts of men, He wants to establish His kingship in there right in every man's heart. We shouldn't seek to flee this world, we rather ought to look around to see how we can turn things around for good, take responsibility, heal and save it. There are many who have never heard the gospel, these folks will perish, but we believers are too careless and selfish to think about this, we think becoming a Christian is all about going to heaven. The whole church is in gross error.

Peter 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.

The end of the age/world the Bible emphasizes is that of the Jewish world, systems, settings, laws, rules and rituals. Jesus came back already and he did put an end to his people Israel and their law that grace might reign by the Spirit.

Be prepared to receive the fullness of God's kingdom. Be aligned that you be not consumed.
Re: Do You Also Believe In Rapture? by Professorcplus(m): 8:49pm On Mar 03, 2020
[b] Op stop dreaming and wake up from your fantasy imagination and face reality. Everything that happened to you is just what you fed your mind with. Let me share this with you.
One evening before I went to bed, I decided to wash my dirty white singlet and hung it above the shower rail in the bathroom. I usually switch off the light before sleeping but this time I couldn't detect if the light switch was turned on or off because NEPA refused to do the needful. Out of fatigue, I left the bathroom door open and went to bed which is opposite to the door but extreme end of the room.

I don't know how long I have slept, but suddenly felt a cold breeze with eolian sound. I opened my eyes but couldn't move all I could see was a very bright blue cloud with an angel carrying a sliver trumpet. I forced myself to fly up but I couldn't. RAPTURE is here. I was still in fear of making heaven when I finally gained conscious.

Haa. NEPA is at work again. OX standing fan rotating at its highest speed; the white light in the bathroom illuminating the terracotta bathroom blue tiles on the wall and the singlet looks like an angel with the shower hose head looking like trumpet. I realized it wasn't RAPTURE after all just some sleeping paralysis
[/b]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11113492_photogrid1582731182274_jpeg11bb7b98e89987360e2315290624793c
I have conditioned my brain nerves to such taught so it's natural to play according to the script I have in mind.
Re: Do You Also Believe In Rapture? by herlecks(m): 10:25am On Mar 04, 2020
Professorcplus:
Op stop dreaming and wake up from your fantasy imagination and face reality. Everything that happened to you is just what you fed your mind with. Let me share this with you.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11113492_photogrid1582731182274_jpeg11bb7b98e89987360e2315290624793c
I have conditioned my brain nerves to such taught so it's natural to play according to the script I have in mind.
So many are deluded.
Re: Do You Also Believe In Rapture? by herlecks(m): 2:03am On Mar 06, 2020
J

(1) (Reply)

Letter To The Men Of God In Nigeria / The Time To De-judaize Christianity Is NOW! / 36 Reasons Why Ex- Muslims Left Islam To Embrace Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.