Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,888 members, 7,810,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. (2126 Views)

My Encounter With The Marine World. / Understanding The Marine World / Atheism Is A Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 12:20pm On Jan 06
In sequel to OKOATA 's response to my post on pansophic 's thread. Link below:

Click me

Lemme address this notion once and for all.

Atheism is not a foreign ideology.
Stop talking out of ignorance. It's becoming seriously embarrassing.

I may be liable to error but many of ya would agree with me that everyone who became an atheist became that thru discoveries.

Thought several factors can be responsible for this discovery.
Discovery here simply means realisation. To come to one's self. Just as the prodigal son came to himself in one of the bible stories when he came face to face with real life sufferings.
He realised (came to himself) that his father's servants were having it softer than him. But this is not about the prodigal son. So back to the factors leading to atheism

Sufferings, Pains, Frustrations, knowledge, power, opulence. Any of these could be a factor .

Long before the Internet . At least there were cases of several people who were atheists. Shocking right?

Ọsọrun Gaa. Fondly known as Basorun Gaa became an atheist when he came in contact with too much power. He lost regard for anything called God.

Efunsetan Aniwura was once a worshipper and a believer of Olódùmarè, but she became an atheist when she lost her only daughter to the cold hands of death.
She said if there had been any god in heaven. Such God wouldn't sit by and watch her daughter die considering how good she had been to people who were not her own daughters.

Oyelori was the maternal great grandfather of Alaafin Ajiun Orompotoniyun( A king like no other). He was said to be extremely powerful that he even claimed he was God. Legends have it that he could make it rain even during summer.

You may not know all the ones above but, what of Tai Solarin?
Tai Solarin became an atheist when he lost his twin brother after he had prayed and fasted that a god should keep his life. Thus, when his brother died, he came to himself that "seems all the things we've been taught are lies".

Just as Transgenderism is not a Western thing.
As a matter of fact, transgenderism started in Africa, Nigeria and at the old Oyo Empire in the 16th century. The first transgender person was Alaafin Ajiun Orompotoniyun according to legends.

Homosexualism also started in Egypt and is not a western ideology.

Just as a belief in the marine kingdom and marine world, witches, wizards, ghosts, living dead isn't just an African thing.

Long before I became an atheist. I used to read several books written by western christian authors in the 70s who believed in all those nonsense, even before the internet. Some of those books:

The City Under the Sea.
The Walking Dead.
Wizards Caging People.
Marine Spirits and Mystifying Sea Beings.

The books up there were written according to the beliefs of the author. They were supposed to be zero fictions.
You would think the books were written by African authors who were too superstitious.

Ignorance has no respect for your race

Therefore, It would be the peak of academic embarrassment for anyone to think atheism is a foreign ideology.

At least as a Nigerian, I'm quite exposed when it comes to religions.
Christianity,Islam, Sango, Ifa, Egunguns and Esu. This guy is the most complicated mythical being in the yoruba religion. Just as there are 3 persons in one god according to the christian faith. There are 256 persons with different personalities in one Esu.
And non of the 256 persons has any similarities with the biblical Satan.

Dtruthspeaker on the other hand has given the name 'Satan' to anyone who doesn't believe in his YHWH. Lol! Funny dude. And MaxInDHouse is another funny dude who goes around with a bible written in English but to be read like an Arabic text.

Okay so, the Ifa religion is a lil close to common sense in some parts. Ifa worshippers do not believe in an anthropomorphic God like the two foreign religions. They believe God to be a Supreme Force in the Universe.

Every religion is a culture, take it or leave it. Islam is a culture, Christianity is a culture the same way our religion in Africa is our culture.

I've been thru those religions and I can tell you for free that there is no such thing called God in any of them.

Any question?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:23pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:

Any question?

Please mention one African who is an atheist without WESTERN EDUCATION.

Thanks in advance! smiley
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 12:30pm On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:

Please mention one African who is an atheist without WESTERN EDUCATION.

Please read the piece again. I already mentioned three
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by OKOATA(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:
In sequel to OKOATA 's response to my post on pansophic 's thread. Link below:

Click me

Lemme address this notion once and for all.

Atheism is not a foreign ideology.
Stop talking out of ignorance. It's becoming seriously embarrassing.

The only reason why most of the people you mentioned that are atheist including you is because you had a predicament God couldn't solve for you. Anyone that decides to be an atheist is from his own personal conviction.

I lost my sister and did I leave God? No.
Where's Tai Solarin now, isn't he dead? Because all humans will all taste death so because I lost someone means I should leave God cos me myself will die anyway. How I will die or when it time I do not know. I'm not my own Creator, my Creator is God and I believe he exist.

Wait let me ask you a question ⁉️ The Supernatural Being who created the sun 🌅 that's hot and very powerful, it's miles away from us. You can't even look at a very hot sun 🌞 on a normal day for 5 seconds without going partially blind. Some soldiers who absconded from war used to face such punishments that most of them can go blind permanently.

Now a Supernatural Being, who is the Most High created that powerful sun, planets, and stars that are even million's bigger and hotter than the sun, My question now is do you expect to see such an Entity in reality and not die?? Use your head. God is who he is because you can't ever see him, if God himself should near the earth, sun, stars everything will melt.

Don't be blind to the truth, look around you, even if you can't see God, can't you feel his presence? Look how beautiful and handsome you are made and tell me there's not a supernatural being behind this? The Law of Nature states that for everything created, there's a creator. Just like TV, Games, Phones all have a creator.

8 Likes

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by tommy589(m): 12:46pm On Jan 06
Interesting
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by tommy589(m): 2:03pm On Jan 06
OKOATA:
The only reason why most of the people you mentioned that are atheist including you is because you had a predicament God couldn't solve for you. Anyone that decides to be an atheist is from his own personal conviction.

I lost my sister and did I leave God? No.
Where's Tai Solarin now, isn't he dead? Because all humans will all taste death so because I lost someone means I should leave God cos me myself will die anyway. How I will die or when it time I do not know. I'm not my own Creator, my Creator is God and I believe he exist.

Wait let me ask you a question ⁉️ The Supernatural Being who created the sun 🌅 that's hot and very powerful, it's miles away from us. You can't even look at a very hot sun 🌞 on a normal day for 5 seconds without going partially blind. Some soldiers who absconded from war used to face such punishments that most of them can go blind permanently.

Now a Supernatural Being, who is the Most High created that powerful sun, planets, and stars that are even million's bigger and hotter than the sun, My question now is do you expect to see such an Entity in reality and not die?? Use your head. God is who he is because you can't ever see him, if God himself should near the earth, sun, stars everything will melt.

Don't be blind to the truth, look around you, even if you can't see God, can't you feel his presence? Look how beautiful and handsome you are made and tell me there's not a supernatural being behind this? The Law of Nature states that for everything created, there's a creator. Just like TV, Games, Phones all have a creator.

I became disillusioned and was an atheist for a while. It may not be immediate,but God (creator) still answers prayers

1 Like

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 3:26pm On Jan 06
OKOATA:
The only reason why most of the people you mentioned that are atheist 1. including you is because you had a predicament God couldn't solve for you 2. Anyone that decides to be an atheist is from his own personal conviction.

Wait let me ask you a question ⁉️ 3. The Supernatural Being who created the sun

4. Now a Supernatural Being, who is the Most High created that powerful sun, planets, and stars that are even million's bigger and hotter than the sun, My question now is do you expect to see such an Entity in reality and not die?? Use your head. God is who he is because you can't ever see him, if God himself should near the earth, sun, stars everything will melt.

5. Don't be blind to the truth, look around you, even if you can't see God, can't you feel his presence? Look how beautiful and handsome you are made and tell me there's not a supernatural being behind this? 6. The Law of Nature states that for everything created, there's a creator. Just like TV, Games, Phones all have a creator.

1. Excluding me. I was almost a seminarian. I read my way out of theism.

2. Exactly the point of this whole thread. Therefore, atheism is not an American thing or an European thing. It's simply a personal conviction.

3. There is in fact no proof that a supernatural being created the sun. You were not there when the sun came to be, neither was I.
I think it's an error of rhematic to conclude that the sun was created.

4. I don't know of which religion you are. But your point just rendered both the bible and the Koran unfaithful, because their respective God came down to them severally.

If any God is powerful enough to create the sun. He should be powerful enough to reveal himself to me without putting me to wane. He's god, he can do all things right?

5. The more I look around me, the more surer I am that surely there is no God out there. It's a surreal feeling.

6. Argumentum ad infinitum. If everything must have a creator, then who created God?

Further questions?

2 Likes

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:34pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:

Please read the piece again. I already mentioned three

Just mention one black man who is not influence by Western culture yet professed that there is no God.

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:40pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:

1. Excluding me. I was almost a seminarian. I READ my way out of theism.
2. Exactly the point of this whole thread. Therefore, atheism is not an American thing or an European thing. It's simply a personal conviction.

Please mention one black man who is not influenced by Western culture yet professed that there is no God.

Whatever makes you READ is evidence of the fact that you've been INFLUENCED by what you READ. That's why i said "mention one black man who can't READ or WRITE (since reading and writing came to Africa through Western education and most of their culture was accepted by our people) who professed that there is no God" smiley

1 Like

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 3:43pm On Jan 06
tommy589:

I became disillusioned and was an atheist for a while. It may not be immediate,but God (creator) still answers prayers

When will he answer the prayers of those who are dying of famine in Somalia?

When will he answer the prayers of those dying of cancer, those dying of malaria, those dying of unfortunate circumstances?

What happens is actually a law of average at work. Not the hands of any God bringing any prayer to manifestation.

2 Likes

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 3:44pm On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:

Just mention one black man who is not influence by Western culture yet professed that there is no God.

Please read the piece again. I mentioned three.
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:48pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:

When will he answer the prayers of those who are dying of famine in Somalia? When will he answer the prayers of those dying of cancer, those dying of malaria, those dying of unfortunate circumstances? What happens is actually a law of average at work. Not the hands of any God bringing any prayer to manifestation.

Did God ever promised that He will solve the problems facing mankind before His kingdom comes?

The problem with atheists is that you guys just wake up from the lies your religious leaders taught you and voila you start demanding God should do what you've been told when He never made such promises! Psalms 10:4

1 Like

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 3:49pm On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:

Please mention one black man who is not influenced by Western culture yet professed that there is no God.

Whatever makes you READ is evidence of the fact that you've been INFLUENCED by what you READ. That's why i said "mention one black man who can't READ or WRITE (since reading and writing came to Africa through Western education and most of their culture was accepted by our people) who professed that there is no God" smiley

Your bible opened the path of atheism unto me. Happy now?

I already mentioned three in my post
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:49pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:

Please read the piece again. I mentioned three.

You never mentioned any if you do single out one now!

A black man who never knew how to read or write and thought within himself that there is no God.

That's what i asked you! wink
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:51pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:

Your bible opened the path of atheism unto me. Happy now?

Is it the Bible that taught you how to read?

Ọmọ if you're lying it's OK because people do lie but then try doing so intelligently because there is no black man ever who has not read anything before and just wake up to say there is no God!

1 Like

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:59pm On Jan 06
ATHEISM is a Western idea!

The Bible came from the Middle East where the people believe in the existence of deities so Africans also believe in deities but the Europeans were called Barbarians by Romans before they came together to conquer Rome that's why it was easy for them to accept the Roman Catholic religion. If you want to talk about Gods (deities) you can't mention any known God in Europe unlike in Africa and the East.
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 4:00pm On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:

Is it the Bible that taught you how to read?

Ọmọ if you're lying it's OK because people do lie but then try doing so intelligently because there is no black man ever who has not read anything before and just wake up to say there is no God!

I already mentioned three people who were not accustomed to reading and writing who were atheists.

I don't know what else you are talking about.
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:02pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:

I already mentioned three people who were not accustomed to reading and writing who were atheists.
I don't know what else you are talking about.

You're lying shey? grin

Mention one as in just one.

If Western Culture deceived you with their many words that can't work with intelligent people so if you can't pick one out of your lengthy epistle then it means you've been lied to! wink
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 4:07pm On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:
ATHEISM is a Western idea!

It's allowed to be stubborn at ignorance. Atheism first came to be in the west around the eighteen century.

But I've in fact mentioned someone from the 14th century in the ancient Oyo Empire.
Someone from the 17th century.
Someone from the 18th century itself.

These were people who didn't know how to read and write. See, bring on intelligent counterpoints and you are welcome. But this?
It doesn't hold water.

1 Like

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:11pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:

It's allowed to be stubborn at ignorance. Atheism first came to be in the west around the eighteen century.

But I've in fact mentioned someone from the 14th century in the ancient Oyo Empire.
Someone from the 17th century.
Someone from the 18th century itself.

These were people who didn't know how to read and write. See, bring on intelligent counterpoints and you are welcome. But this?
It doesn't hold water.

You are lying!

You never said they don't believe in the existence of God (deity) rather they had some habits that's weird.

So mention one black man who can't read or write and doesn't believe in the existence of God!
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:18pm On Jan 06
Baṣọ̀run Gaa, Ẹfúnṣetán Aníwúrà and Oyèlọ́rì were full of charms gotten from the gods!

So how can you say such ones don't believe in the existence of God?

What you could have said is that they don't agree with others on rules and standards but as for deities they got all their charms through the gods! smiley
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 4:28pm On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:

You're lying shey? grin

Mention one as in just one.

If Western Culture deceived you with their many words that can't work with intelligent people so if you can't pick one out of your lengthy epistle then it means you've been lied to! wink

The only person who is being deceived here is you. Jesus , YHWH and his fellow cohorts in the imaginary heaven don't answer any African name.

In one of your comments, you said Abraham and Isaac were your fore fathers. I don't get.

How did Abraham become Odùduwà or Oranmiyan? Ha! Things dey occur.

This is purely common sense. Christianity copied from several religions of the world.
It copied from even IFA corpus and from the Egyptian mythology to mention a few.

You are the western slave here, not me.
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:

The only person who is being deceived here is you. Jesus , YHWH and his fellow cohorts in the imaginary heaven don't answer any African name. In one of your comments, you said Abraham and Isaac were your fore fathers. I don't get. How did Abraham become Odùduwà or Oranmiyan? Ha! Things dey occur. This is purely common sense. Christianity copied from several religions of the world. It copied from even IFA corpus and from the Egyptian mythology to mention a few. You are the western slave here, not me.

Now you're talking!

So there's no single African atheist that's not influenced by Western Culture, our people believe in gods (deities) none ever said there is no God.

If you want to know why i subscribe to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that's another case entirely but saying ATHEISM has been here before Western Culture, ọmọ that's a lie! wink
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 4:49pm On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:
Baṣọ̀run Gaa, Ẹfúnṣetán Aníwúrà and Oyèlọ́rì were full of charms gotten from the gods!

I can't even debate you because you obviously don't know about this.
Your knowledge is based on what a white head told you, you, being a former follower of Mohammed .
I don't know whether you are of the Yoruba descent. But it's such a shame that you know nothing of your own ancestors to think the people I mentioned were full of charms gotten from the gods.
According to the IFA corpus, all the gods once lived as human beings. The reason they became gods was because legends believed they had powers that many people didn't have.

MaxInDHouse:

So how can you say such ones don't believe in the existence of God?

What you could have said is that they don't agree with others on rules and standards but as for deities they got all their charms through the gods! smiley

If you're of the Yoruba descent, go ask the elderly ones in your household to tell you more on what I hinted

1 Like

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 4:56pm On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:

Now you're talking!

So there's no single African atheist that's not influenced by Western Culture, our people believe in gods (deities) none ever said there is no God.

If you want to know why i subscribe to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob that's another case entirely but saying ATHEISM has been here before Western Culture, ọmọ that's a lie! wink

Atheism was here before the western culture the same way transgenderism and homosexualism was in Africa before the western culture.

I've given you references.
Don't be an antagonist of a superior knowledge. Stop being the white supremacists ' shit apologist.
Stop ass licking

1 Like

Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by FRANCISTOWN: 5:18pm On Jan 06
Emmanuel30a:
You are a fool
Your father is a fool. This discussion is not for a boy in his teen who has got all his brain cells fried up due to excessively smoking and abuse of drugs.
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:27pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:

I can't even debate you because you obviously don't know about this. Your knowledge is based on what a white head told you, you, being a former follower of Mohammed. I don't know whether you are of the Yoruba descent. But it's such a shame that you know nothing of your own ancestors to think the people I mentioned were full of charms gotten from the gods. According to the IFA corpus, all the gods once lived as human beings. The reason they became gods was because legends believed they had powers that many people didn't have. If you're of the Yoruba descent, go ask the elderly ones in your household to tell you more on what I hinted

Kí ni ìwọ́ mọ̀ nípa ọ̀pẹ̀lẹ̀?
Odù ifá mélòó lo lè kì?

What exactly do you know about Ifá? cheesy

The highlighted is what we were told and most of them never died as humans yet they all possessed supernatural powers which you don't even believe exists so what exactly do you know about them?

I studied ifá a bit because my own grandpa was an Ifá priest Ifádùbí by name so i know much more than your professor Ṣóyínká who is lost in thought due to Western Culture! smiley
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:30pm On Jan 06
FRANCISTOWN:

Atheism was here before the western culture the same way transgenderism and homosexualism was in Africa before the western culture.
I've given you references.
Don't be an antagonist of a superior knowledge. Stop being the white supremacists ' shit apologist.
Stop ass licking

Transgenderism and homosexualism is totally different from ATHEISM so don't misconstrue it. ATHEISM was never an African idea! wink
Re: The Whites Also Believe In The Marine World. Atheism Is Not A Western Thing. by DoWhatThouWilt: 5:47pm On Jan 06
MaxInDHouse:

Did God ever promised that He will solve the problems facing mankind before His kingdom comes?

When is God's kingdom coming?

Last time I check you people predicted it would come numerous times and it all failed.

Doesn't that make you and your members false prophets?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Sister-In-law Committed Abortion: Now She Needs My Help / Top 10 Reasons Why Exu Is Better Than Religion. / Criticising A Man Of God- Is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.