Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law (788 Views)

BREAKING: Governor Rotimi Akeredolu Of Ondo Passes On At 67 / EndSARS: White Paper Not Known To Law — Falana / APC Presidential Campaign Spokesman, Festus Keyamo Returned To Law (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by HigherEd: 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2020
The Ondo State House of Assembly on Tuesday passed a bill for a law to establish the State Security Network Agency and Amotekun Corps Bill.

The Assembly on Feb. 18 deliberated on the bill and committed it to the House Committee on Security Matters after scaling through first and second reading and had its public hearing on Feb. 24.

The Majority Leader, Mr Jamiu Maito, had moved a motion for the bill to be submitted by the Chairman of the House Committee on Security Matters, Hon. Ololade Begudu, and it was seconded by Hon. Favour Tomowemo representing Ilaje 2.

Mr Bode Adeyelu read the bill for third reading, with Maito moving the motion for its passage while it was seconded by Leonard Akinribido, the Deputy Minority Leader.

Speaking on the recommendations of the bill, Begudu said that the security agency would have a board to be administered by a chairman to be appointed by the governor.

He added that the chairman must be a person of proven integrity while there would a commander to lead the personnel of the corps on field.

The committee chairman noted that the commander must a retired security personnel not below the rank of a major or its equivalent, with his confirmation at the behest of the assembly.

According to him, the template of the state was being used by others to harmonise the bill.

The Speaker of the house, Mr Bamidele Oleyelogun, on his part, described the passage of the bill as remarkable.

Oleyelogun, who wore Amotekun traditional attire, said that the bill if assented to by the governor would reduce crime in the state.

He explained that the corps would be a community policing body that would complement the work of other security agencies in the state.

The state Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr Kola Olawoye, said that history had been made in the state.

Olawoye noted that it was the first time that the Yoruba race would speak with one voice without opposition.(NAN)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailytimes.ng/2020/03/03/ondo-assembly-passes-amotekun-bill/amp/

Seun Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by HigherEd: 5:39pm On Mar 03, 2020
Awesome stuff
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by maynation(f): 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2020
We are the real Amotekun.
Ondo no dey carry last. cool
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Iamgrey5(m): 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2020
Wonderful!

This is technical response to the presidency

Southwest is telling the president indirectly that although you think you have broken us into state unit, we are still operating as a regional force.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Sammy07: 5:43pm On Mar 03, 2020
Ondo State no go carry last..

God bless Ondo state cool
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by HigherEd: 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Wonderful!

Southwest is telling the president indirectly that although you think you have broken us into state unit, we are still operating as a regional force.
Sense wee not kill south west grin imagine it was the ENTIRE south that came up with a unified security force. North would be shitting inside pant.

Also, I like how it was the governors that brought about this stuff. It proves there are pockets of politicians still using their brains in the south west.
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by chatinent: 5:52pm On Mar 03, 2020
I'm waiting for sb to say 'amotekun has come to stay.'
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Iamgrey5(m): 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
HigherEd:

Sense wee not kill south west grin imagine it was the ENTIRE south that came up with a unified security force. North would be shitting inside pant.

Also, I like how it was the governors that brought about this stuff. It proves there are pockets of politicians still using their brains in the south west.
Bro, they will claim it was a coincidence now ! Shebi Fulanis thought they are wise grin

They would still start operation on the same day

Use the same uniform

Use similar equipment

And when one take a closer look at the laws passed, one will realize there are little or no variance in the laws from state to state.

It's all a coincidence cheesy

Shebi Presidency don't want to have sense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by HigherEd: 6:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Bro, they will claim it was a coincidence now ! Shebi Fulanis thought they are wise grin

Use the same uniform

Use similar equipment

And when one take a closer look at the laws passed, one will realize there are little or no variance in the laws from state to state.

FG wey no get sense. The governors got exactly what they wanted. Passing the bill in different places was always the inevitable plan.

A project that is being entirely controlled from 5th floor cocoa house ibadan grin
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Sammy07: 6:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
Iamgrey5:

Use the same uniform

Use similar equipment

grin grin
Don't kill the presidency Abeq cheesy

The pain is much

Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 03, 2020
Fulani herdsmen, I dare you
Shege kaa fa sa
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by CotenantNIG: 6:51pm On Mar 03, 2020
Kwara should not be sleeping ooo

I just can't imagine offa, ifelodun, omu Aran all Yoruba communities are under a geographical robbery called north central
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by jyz200(m): 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2020
Kwara nko
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by FlyoruB: 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
CotenantNIG:
Kwara should not be sleeping ooo

It would be difficult if not impossible for Kwara to tag along for obvious/political reasons. While everyone knows that the Yorubas are the predominant ethnicity in the state, there also exist some pro-North minorities that would sabotage such efforts. Even within the Yoruba fold in the state there would also arise fifth columnists who would submit themselves to be used as tools to frustrate the initiative.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Gabriel004: 7:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Wonderful!

Gbam, God bless baba awoo
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Tobrasky: 7:04pm On Mar 03, 2020
Iamgrey5:

Use the same uniform

Use similar equipment

We will deal ruthlessly with any Amotekun miscreant that dares to touch any Fulani or harrasses our means of livelihood, we don't warn twice before we strike, we don't blow our trumpets online to impress anyone, we do the talking on the field with guns and daggers drawn.

Da wasa ake fadawa wawa magana
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by TheApologist: 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
Tobrasky:

We will deal ruthlessly with any Amotekun miscreant that dares to touch any Fulani or harrasses our means of livelihood, we don't warn twice before we strike, we don't blow our trumpets online to impress anyone, we do the talking on the field with guns and daggers drawn.

you should have struck Ijare people when your cows were mysteriously hit by thunder na, you better quit empty boasting and rather warn your beastly Fulani terrorist to tread cautiously and be civil at least within the South West or they will be dealt with accordingly by Àmọ̀tẹ́kùn

1 Like

Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Iamgrey5(m): 8:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
Tobrasky:

This igbo boy no one has your time

I have gone through your previous post where you even claimed igbos delt with your adopted tribe

kai irin wannan wawa ne. grin

1 Like

Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Tobrasky: 8:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
Iamgrey5:
This igbo boy no one has your time

I have gone through your previous post where you even claimed igbos delt with your adopted tribe

kai irin wannan wawa ne. grin

Me a Nyamiri? allah ya kiyaye! my brother from the wasteside, I'm only here as an agent provocateur... I take sides with any ethnic groups just to cause wahala and consolidate the psychology dominance of the North over the South (something we don't get credit for but it's fine) grin. I'm proudly Fulani, there are definitely many like me who use Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, "South South" identities to cause dichotomy and divide the South even more... but are not from any of those ethnic nationalities.

And you can thank me later for that little expose
Maraba da ku grin
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Iamgrey5(m): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
Tobrasky:

Me a Nyamiri? allah ya kiyaye! my brother from the wasteside, I'm only here as an agent provocateur... I take sides with any ethnic groups just to cause wahala and consolidate the psychology dominance of the North over the South (something we don't get credit for but it's fine) grin. I'm proudly Fulani, there are definitely many like me who use Igbo, Yoruba, Ijaw, "South South" identities to cause dichotomy and divide the South even more... but are not from any of those ethnic nationalities.

And you can thank me later for that little expose
Maraba da ku grin
Proudly Fulani koo proudly Ekiti nii

So because i caught you and exposed you for who you are, you started writing shit out of the comic books cheesy
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Tobrasky: 8:19pm On Mar 03, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Proudly Fulani koo proudly Ekiti nii

So because i caught you and exposed you for who you are, you started writing shit out of the comic books cheesy
Me ya sa zan yi iƙirarin zama wani daban? I treat all kaffirs from the South as scum, for long you people have insulted and denigrated the North cause we've been keeping quiet and allowed you Mutane marasa hankali to manipulate the media and insult us, now we are back to give it back hot as we have been served cheesy, we've already conquered the political space, now we are ready to use reverse psychology to take over the media space as well. As long as you savages keep ripping at each other like voracious dogs vying for the last piece of meat, we the greater North would just stay on the sidelines and observe the buffonery as it unfolds grin

Yi ranar bakin ciki!
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Tobrasky: 8:35pm On Mar 03, 2020
Iamgrey5 why can't I quote you? Shege banza! you bloody Yorubawa coward grin. Listen here you Yankin datti, I don't have to prove anything to you, this moniker I'm using is an alternate one, I have an existing one already that is very much as anti-nyamiri as it could get (do your home work and find me out), I use my other account to promote the beauty of the North and it's people, there goes your hint you slow toad!

Kasar hausa karya ce kwarai da gaske, I'm sure you are making good use of that Google translate for your pathetic Hausa abi? Da fatan Allah ya karaya angry grin
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by CotenantNIG: 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2020
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 03, 2020
maynation:
We are the real Amotekun.
Ondo no dey carry last. cool

Yes o. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Anyunyu: 10:47pm On Mar 03, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Yes o. smiley
[/s]
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2020
smiley
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by jyz200(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2020
Tayoalaaye75:

Send your email if you are interested in joining the NYRP.....
Temitopeolawuyi0@gmail.com
Re: Ondo Passes Amotekun Bill To Law by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2020
jyz200:

Temitopeolawuyi0@gmail.com

Check your email

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari The Most Insensitive And Useless President / Rural-urban Devt: Gov. Ugwuanyi Links Abakpa Nike With Emene, Enugu / Supreme Court Nullifies Conviction Of Orji Uzor Kalu, orders fresh trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.