Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist (1058 Views)

Meet Attacking Foward: Michael Chibuikem: First Black Player For China Football / Have You Guys Observed No Single Black Player Is In Burnley FC / Luther Blissett ! First Black Player To Score A Hat-trick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by ogbiwa: 6:34am On Mar 04, 2020
An independent commission "did not accept" Leeds United goalkeeper Kiko Casilla's claim that he was "unaware of the existence" of the racist word he was found guilty of using.

The Spaniard, 33, was banned for eight matches and fined £60,000 last week for calling Charlton Athletic's Jonathan Leko [Warning] "you f**king nigga" during a Championship game at The Valley in September.

Casilla, who denied the charge, said he only learned of the word's "existence and meaning" when interviewed about the matter almost a month later.

He said he had "learned relatively little English" since his move to Leeds in January 2019 and "generally uses an interpreter to hold a conversation with an English speaker".

The commission said it accepted that Casilla "is not a racist" and that the language "was wholly out of character", but that it was "satisfied on the balance of probabilities" that he had directed a racist remark towards Leko.

The Football Association, which released its written reasons about the case on Tuesday, began its investigation in October and subsequently charged Casilla with a breach of FA Rule E3.

It was alleged the Spaniard's words "made reference to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin", constituting an aggravated breach, and the FA granted Casilla extra time to respond to the charge.

Under rules introduced for the 2019-20 season, the minimum suspension for a player found guilty of an aggravated breach of the FA's discrimination rules is six matches, which can be increased depending on any additional aggravating factors.

How did the incident unfold?
Charlton forward Leko and Casilla were involved in an altercation before a Charlton corner in the 72nd minute of the match, which saw referee John Brooks intervene prior to the ball being kicked back into play.

Casilla punched the resultant corner clear and in the aftermath Leko and team-mate Macauley Bonne reported that they heard the Spaniard say "you f**king nigger" in Leko's direction.

Shortly after the incident, Leko and Bonne were seen to exchange words before Leko reported what he had heard to referee Brooks.

What were the FA's conclusions?
✓The FA had wanted to suspend Casilla for 10 matches but the commission felt that this was too severe, while also feeling that six matches was "too lenient".

✓Casilla's use of "the language defence" was found to be an aggravating factor, with the commission concluding that Casilla "came here to deceive the tribunal, and that makes it even more serious".

✓The FA felt that Casilla's use of high-profile character witnesses (including former Liverpool, Real Madrid and Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez) was a "shameless ploy". The commission did not consider this to be an aggravating factor.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51724664

Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by yanabasee(m): 6:41am On Mar 04, 2020
Ban him and fine his white azz...

3 Likes

Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by Captainrambo2: 7:32am On Mar 04, 2020
I where white I'd be very racist.

People with black skin havnt donevmych to earn respects and accolades.

Even terrorist arabs re respected more than negroes
Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by Chrisbeks: 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2020
Casilla, from Real Madrid to Leeds United in English lower division. What a life
Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by arukwe123(m): 6:09pm On Mar 04, 2020
Chrisbeks:
Casilla, from Real Madrid to Leeds United in English lower division. What a life
dont be a dumb nigga. Always read the content before commenting. Lazy youth
Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by Chrisbeks: 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
arukwe123:
dont be a dumb nigga. Always read the content before commenting. Lazy youth
Are you sure you are ok upstairs
What's is wrong with what I posted? Mumu
Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by arukwe123(m): 6:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
Chrisbeks:

Are you sure you are ok upstairs
What's is wrong with what I posted? Mumu
Now I know you must be a dumb nigga. so you think the Casillas mentioned is same as the Real Madrid legend. Kiko Casillas is different from the real Casillas (IKER CASILLAS) Muppet!
Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by Chrisbeks: 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2020
arukwe123:
Now I know you must be a dumb nigga. so you think the Casillas mentioned is same as the Real Madrid legend. Kiko Casillas is different from the real Casillas (IKER CASILLAS) Muppet!
Just look at how you have made a fool of yourself. You don't know anything yet you think you are smarter than others. Kiko casilla was also at Real Madrid. He started his career at Real Madrid before leaving for other clubs then he was signed again by Real Madrid the same year as keylor Navas and became the second choice keeper behind Navas. You better keep your ignorant self off my mentions if you don't have anything reasonable to say. Mumu
Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by arukwe123(m): 7:04pm On Mar 04, 2020
Chrisbeks:

Just look at how you have made a fool of yourself. You don't know anything yet you think you are smarter than others. Kiko casilla was also at Real Madrid. He started his career at Real Madrid before leaving for other clubs then he was signed again by Real Madrid the same year as keylor Navas and became the second choice keeper behind Navas. You better keep your ignorant self off my mentions if you don't have anything reasonable to say. Mumu
A reserve team player to Leed United senior team. What a transformation. Dont judge anybody's life when yours is not great. You are a nobody boomer
Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by Chrisbeks: 7:36pm On Mar 04, 2020
arukwe123:
A reserve team player to Leed United senior team. What a transformation. Dont judge anybody's life when yours is not great. You are a nobody boomer
Nice attempt at shifting the goalpost after exposing your ignorance about who Kiko casilla is yet you're still making more blunders, Kiko casilla was signed to Madrid's senior team in 2015 not the reserve team. Keep making a fool of yourself.
Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by arukwe123(m): 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
Chrisbeks:

Nice attempt at shifting the goalpost after exposing your ignorance about who Kiko casilla is yet you're still making more blunders, Kiko casilla was signed to Madrid's senior team in 2015 not the reserve team. Keep making a fool of yourself.
you are the fool here. berating someone when you are no better.
Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by Chrisbeks: 9:07am On Mar 05, 2020
arukwe123:
you are the fool here. berating someone when you are no better.
You're perhaps the most idiotic fellow I have ever come across. I made a post about how life's journey could take someone from the lofty heights of a real Madrid career to now playing in the English championship how does that amount to berating him? You come out of nowhere to give a stupid response to my post by accusing me of conflating Kiko casilla with Iker casillas. After exposing your ignorance on that score, you now want to shift the goalposts to accuse me of berating him? Sure! That only happened in your delusional mind. You really need to get help for whatever malady is ailing you because it's clear to me that you are definitely not ok upstairs.
Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by arukwe123(m): 10:33am On Mar 05, 2020
Chrisbeks:

You're perhaps the most idiotic fellow I have ever come across. I made a post about how life's journey could take someone from the lofty heights of a real Madrid career to now playing in the English championship how does that amount to berating him? You come out of nowhere to give a stupid response to my post by accusing me of conflating Kiko casilla with Iker casillas. After exposing your ignorance on that score, you now want to shift the goalposts to accuse me of berating him? Sure! That only happened in your delusional mind. You really need to get help for whatever malady is ailing you because it's clear to me that you are definitely not ok upstairs.
all this epistle for what? you think I have time to read all this bu!!$hit

Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by arukwe123(m): 10:43am On Mar 05, 2020
Chrisbeks:

next time dont speak like an idiotic fellow in a public forum. the casillas was never a regular player at real Madrid, never played for the senior team, was never known and I dont know what warrant you saying 'What a Life'. I admit I never knew this Kiko Casillas and I thought you were referring to Iker Casillas but that doesn't warrant the 'What a Life' tag
Re: Casilla Calls Black Player A "F**king Nigga", Says He's Not Aware It Was Racist by Unserious: 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2020
Guys above me... Take it easy, life is too short to be taken extremely serious.

(1) (Reply)

Hopeful 11+ Betja Odds / Morocco Ranked As The 11th Best Team In New FIFA Ranking / Week 1 Pool Fixtures For Sat 8 July 2023 – Aussie 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.