Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

How Do You Say No To Your Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Say No To Your Parents (892 Views)

Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice / Why Can't Single People 'Just Say No' To Married People? / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Say No To Your Parents by Meklex(m): 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2010
Parents usually ask their kids to do the most outrageous things you can think of. Like the other day my mum asked me to go over to our neighbour's crib and beg them to lend me their big washing bowl (for xmas washing) and I'm not really friendly with them(reasons meant only for me) and I really have to say NO without any obvious reason. She freaked out,.,I know trouble will follow suit, and I have to do it, now I'm pondering over it, CAN'T WE SAY NO TO THEM WITHOUT LETTING THEM ON ABOUT OUR REASONS FOR DOING SO??
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by worry246(m): 5:16pm On Dec 20, 2010
You can say no but
What will you say when you go to your parents for money to study at uni & they say NO.
Then tell you to get job & wife to breed sons.
They can say no too.
Obey your parents!!!!!
If you have problem with neighbour then explain to parents.
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by iice(f): 4:41am On Jan 12, 2011
Hard to do. If you have to say no, explain why.
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by queensmith: 8:49am On Jan 12, 2011
LOL- 'its one child you send on an errand' if a mother cannot ask her child to do something simple for her then theres a problem!

Your reason for not wanting to help your mom is rather foolish, even if your not friendly with them, how difficult is saying; 'my mom sent me here to to lend your bowl'?
Saying no is easier when theres justifiable reasons of doing so, in this case there really isnt undecided undecided
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by playmate(f): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2011
say no for no justifiable reason? shocked
wait till she slaps you into another year. . grin grin
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by naijafrend: 9:36am On Jan 12, 2011
If it bothers you too much then ask an younger sibling to do it for you, but of all the things why say no to your mom ?
Btw, it is not a really bad idea to leave some hints, if not explain why you have a problem with your neighbour to your mom , She will eventually get to know it, coz she is going to stay there forever while you move out for higher edu n all that,
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by ifyalways(f): 9:37am On Jan 12, 2011
No,i cant because . . . .
Refuse and give reasons.simple
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by Meklex(m): 1:49pm On Jan 12, 2011
Most of this comments are fake you're just saying it for the sake of it, don't tell me that you have never disagreed with your parents on any issue. I just depicted the above scene to make it clear not that it happened to me, geez!
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2011
Me I say NO without feeling somehow oh. If my mum asks me to do something I'm not comfortable with, I'll just say no . . . simples!
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by zayhal(f): 2:35pm On Jan 13, 2011
Ujujoan:

Me I say NO without feeling somehow oh. If my mum asks me to do something I'm not comfortable with, I'll just say no . . . simples!

Wait till your child will be saying NO to you, then you'll know how it feels. . .
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by zayhal(f): 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2011
@topic

If u must say no to your parents, it has to be in a subtle way, and with GOOD reasons too.
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by plappville(f): 11:47pm On Jan 13, 2011
Sure we can say no to our parents if it wort saying It.
Like mum tells u not to talk with some1 she hates, I will not agree with her
but in this ur case, mum needed the bowl to do some watching, there is nothing wrong, despite ur excuses, all u need do is ally respect and do what mum asked.
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by dayokanu(m): 12:51am On Jan 14, 2011
Risk a slap in the process
Re: How Do You Say No To Your Parents by ikamefa(f): 2:52am On Jan 14, 2011
@ topic its very easy simply say NO but make sure sey u waka very far!!! cheesy

if na my mama she go slap the blackenese outta my body grin

(1) (Reply)

Real Dad Had Raped Her Mum / Resentment Or . . . / MUST Read-father Of Deceased Nigerian Lady Who Wrote A Letter To Abusive Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.