Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate (38195 Views)

Tinubu Signs North West Development Commission Bill Into Law / Senate Passes North West Development Commission Bill / Peter Obi’s Presence Causes Uproar At NBA Annual Conference. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Jaqenhghar: 8:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
Shithole
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by jimyjames(m): 9:05pm On Mar 04, 2020
Oshigun:

Sharrap !!!! Bad belle will not kill you. Abeg go and face the worthless excuses you lot are parading as Governors in the SE instead of disturbing us here. We understand you fear the name Amotekun so we will soon have a Nairaland Amotekun to deal with you and your ilk.

We don't need hunters in south east ,amotekun is a joke

Wake me up when amotekun are allowed to carry AK47

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by ahaz: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2020
kutchs:

IPOB doesn't give a damn about you and the SW Development Commission. IPOB long interest in Nigeria and wants out.
pls tell the primate
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by OsuEbonyi: 9:10pm On Mar 04, 2020
jimyjames:

We don't need hunters in south east ,amotekun is a joke

Wake me up when amotekun are allowed to carry AK47
They don't need to show you their ak47 .
According to Ayatulahi Buhari, Fulani herdmen carry sticks too.
We have numerous land borders and also the longest coastline in Nigeria .

We shall sort out ourselves wink Go figure !!

1 Like

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by OsuEbonyi: 9:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
ahaz:
pls tell the primate
And you, a Neanderthal tongue
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by budaatum: 9:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
emkz:
Eventually, Nigeria shall develop along regional lines. Where one region currently contributes the bulk of government earnings is meaningless in the long run and ballooning population.

Niger-Delta sells oil which proceeds can be used to buy food from the North and North-Central. The South-West is the gateway of foreign goods influx into the country = taxes and levies/duties on imports. Not to forget cocoa which can be exported to Belgium and Switzerland. Boasting of a sizeable population, people can also be taxed to raise revenue. The South-East shall be the manufacturing hub and commercial nerve of a regionalized Nigeria. Each region federates itself, have its own police, enforces its own laws and even conduct its own elections. We scrap the Senate and have three representatives from each region to meet twice a month to legislate on matters of common interests. Each region contributes 32% to a central government to oversee immigration matters, customs, national police, regional regulation, Supreme Court, army, national infrastructure, common examinations, currency and stock market.

That way, development is closer to the people. As it is now, I don't know my LG chairman, or state and federal representative. But Fulani herdsmen rioting is Buhari's fault, whereas the governor should be held responsible.
PS: Regional heads chosen by the people elect one of themselves or a neutral person as Chairman who oversees the country (and represent us in international meetings) with the regional heads as vice-chairmen overseeing the regions. Regions can have 1000 members in their regional assemblies, it is their business so long as they can pay them. We need a lean center. Nigeria is too big and heterogeneous to be centrally managed or policed.
In a democracy that's undemocratic.

1 Like

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by jimyjames(m): 9:19pm On Mar 04, 2020
OsuEbonyi:

They don't need to show you their ak47 .
According to Ayatulahi Buhari, Fulani herdmen carry sticks too.
We have numerous land borders and also the longest coastline in Nigeria .

We shall sort out ourselves wink Go figure !!

Is that why Fulani's are sacking you from your farms and killing you everyday? Amotekun is just afonja paper work vigilante, nothing tangible will come out of it
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Bimpe29: 9:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
Balkanization ke?
Must goose be treated better than gander?

1 Like

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by SmartMen: 9:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
seunmsg:
We’ve noted those that opposed the bill. At the right time, we shall reciprocate appropriately. Period!
I know what u have in mind... the man is from Niger Delta? You see now that you think he is from the South East but when South East say SE and SS, most of you have no idea that they say this because of their brothers, sisters, cousins that have been cut off and added to places like Delta STATE, Rivers State...

Nzeagwu was from what is also known as present day Delta state but again, because of his name, he was tagged an igbo man. but when igbos tell you that there are igbos in other states, you call them attache by force...

We wait for what you will do.. clowns.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by wirinet(m): 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
fergie001:

One was debated today...South South Development Bill.

I ask what for...we already have NDDC.

This people started it with NEDC....they should just kukuma give the six to balance the equation.
Niger Delta Development Commission is being funded by resources from the Niger Delta . Where will the funds for the other five development commission com from? I just hope you are not hoping to collect oil money from the Niger delta to develop your region, when already you collect oil money monthly to run states in your region.

3 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by NOHOIDSBAR: 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
Lol.

They will kick against it.

They are enjoying one Nigeria too much.

I pray Boko Haram visits their families with bombs maybe they will have a rethink.
[/s]
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Horllamideh(m): 9:34pm On Mar 04, 2020
PicLtd:

If you need the Igbo tribe out of your lives. Why then did you pick up arms ready to die on the orders of abokiis during the war?
Since you are so smart, kindly riddle me why Ojukwu went to war to stop the Niger Delta Republic declared by Isaac Adaka Boro.

6 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by fergie001: 9:35pm On Mar 04, 2020
wirinet:

Niger Delta Development Commission is being funded by resources from the Niger Delta . Where will the funds for the other five development commission com from? I just hope you are not hoping to collect oil money from the Niger delta to develop your region, when already you collect oil money monthly to run states in your region.
Try to und before you attack.
What is the difference between Niger Delta and South South
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Iceberg3: 9:37pm On Mar 04, 2020
ERockson:
Almost every region is having or about to get one. I knew IPOB will openly oppose SW development commission

I just hate people like you,the two senators that opposed the bill are from the north and Delta state,that's SS.
Or are you now Saying, agreeing that Delta/SS is now ipob/Biafra!?
Ain't it funny and strange that you got no word who opposed the bill,not a single word for the northerner, our number one major problem as southerners?!
Instead you are calling out the people whi didn't oppose the bill! I really hate folks like you.

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod just imagine this bulshyttt

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by wirinet(m): 9:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
fergie001:

Try to und before you attack.
What is the difference between Niger Delta and South South
Who did I attack? Please remain on topic. How are the other proposed regional development commission to be funded? Including the proposed South West Development Commission.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by thundafire: 9:40pm On Mar 04, 2020
Every region after getting der commission will still hope on NIGER DELTA oil to survivr
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by fergie001: 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2020
wirinet:

Who did I attack? Please remain on topic. How are the other proposed regional development commission to be funded? Including the proposed South West Development Commission.
You see your problem.

How will the NEDC be funded?

Ordinarily, they shouldn't approve anything. Since they approved the NEDC, then approve for all the six geopolitical zones. Do you und now?

1 Like

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by wirinet(m): 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
fergie001:

You see your problem.

How will the NEDC be funded?
I honestly don't know, as I have not seen the bill itself, but I suspect it will be oil revenue from the Niger delta, as I don't know what the north east produces outside boko haram.

Ordinarily, they shouldn't approve anything. Since they approved the NEDC, then approve for all the six geopolitical zones. Do you und now?

I still don't understand how the other five zones hope to get the funds to develop their regions. We will need to see the bill itself to know the source of their funding.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Oyiboman69: 9:58pm On Mar 04, 2020
RedBlackPepper:
Hmmn long overdue, South West contributes the largest chunk to the national GDP(outside crude oil), more than 60%; while other regions put together contribute the remaining 40%. For the sake of equity and justice; the Yoribas deserve more than what the nation apportion to them. If there could be NDDC (for producing oil), nothing should stop the SWDC (for producing the largest chunk to our GDP).

4 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by fergie001: 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
wirinet:

I honestly don't know, as I have not seen the bill itself, but I suspect it will be oil revenue from the Niger delta, as I don't know what the north east produces outside boko haram.

I still don't understand how the other five zones hope to get the funds to develop their regions. We will need to see the bill itself to know the source of their funding.

That's what am saying that the NEDC bill should not have been allowed. That's what provoked other regions to setting up theirs.

It definitely will mostly be from ND oil...everyone knows that.

1 Like

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by bastardmod: 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iceberg3:

I just hate people like you,the two senators that opposed the bill are from the north and Delta state,that's SS.
Ain't it funny and strange that you got no word who opposed the bill,not a single word for the northerner, our number one major problem as southerners?!
Instead you are calling out the people whi didn't oppose the bill! I really hate folks like you.

Why are you wasting your time on useless idiots like that fool ? He is a lost cause already

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by LZAA: 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iceberg3:

Apparently they must hate ndigbo in order to please their hausa masters
Smh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
nlPoster:
Is there really a hate speech bill and what's it supposed to be for?

Nairalanders are not concerned about it.

Check frlukas post.

What's wrong with frlukas post? undecided

1 Like

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by NOHOIDSBAR: 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

What's wrong with frlukas post? undecided
[/s]
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Horladipupo0505: 10:05pm On Mar 04, 2020
emkz:
Eventually, Nigeria shall develop along regional lines. Where one region currently contributes the bulk of government earnings is meaningless in the long run and ballooning population.

Niger-Delta sells oil which proceeds can be used to buy food from the North and North-Central. The South-West is the gateway of foreign goods influx into the country = taxes and levies/duties on imports. Not to forget cocoa which can be exported to Belgium and Switzerland. Boasting of a sizeable population, people can also be taxed to raise revenue. The South-East shall be the manufacturing hub and commercial nerve of a regionalized Nigeria. Each region federates itself, have its own police, enforces its own laws and even conduct its own elections. We scrap the Senate and have three representatives from each region to meet twice a month to legislate on matters of common interests. Each region contributes 32% to a central government to oversee immigration matters, customs, national police, regional regulation, Supreme Court, army, national infrastructure, common examinations, currency and stock market.

That way, development is closer to the people. As it is now, I don't know my LG chairman, or state and federal representative. But Fulani herdsmen rioting is Buhari's fault, whereas the governor should be held responsible.

PS: Regional heads chosen by the people elect one of themselves or a neutral person as Chairman who oversees the country (and represent us in international meetings) with the regional heads as vice-chairmen overseeing the regions. Regions can have 1000 members in their regional assemblies, it is their business so long as they can pay them. We need a lean center. Nigeria is too big and heterogeneous to be centrally managed or policed.
atleast it saves all of us from the Fulanis who decided to keep the post of power for themselves
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by seunmsg(m): 10:09pm On Mar 04, 2020
SmartMen:
I know what u have in mind... the man is from Niger Delta? You see now that you think he is from the South East but when South East say SE and SS, most of you have no idea that they say this because of their brothers, sisters, cousins that have been cut off and added to places like Delta STATE, Rivers State...

Nzeagwu was from what is also known as present day Delta state but again, because of his name, he was tagged an igbo man. but when igbos tell you that there are igbos in other states, you call them attache by force...

We wait for what you will do.. clowns.

“Won ni omo Elefo, oni efo oun okinse ti t’atan”.
Did I mention any tribe or zone in my post? A senator from Bauchi and another one from Delta were reported to have opposed the bill. The names and states of the senators were clearly stated in the OP without any ambiguity. Why an Igbo man felt threatened by my post is what I don’t understand.

Mr. Smartmen, you don’t have to explain anything to me. Those that opposed the bill are well known to us. At the right time, we shall return the Favour appropriately. You don’t have to panic if your hands are clean.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by yeyeosoronga: 10:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
wirinet:

You have a very valid point.

Every region should have their own commission, and funding should come from a percentage of whatever they contribute to the center.

Perhaps, that will make every state to sit up, and not just continue to wait for handouts from the center.

But most Importantly, we have to start holding our leaders accountable to us, and every kobo spent must be accounted for.

1 Like

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by SmartMen: 10:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
seunmsg:

“Won ni omo Elefo, oni efo oun okinse ti t’atan”.
Did I mention any tribe or zone in my post? A senator from Bauchi and another one from Delta were reported to have opposed the bill. The names and states of the senators were clearly stated in the OP without any ambiguity. Why an Igbo man felt threatened by my post is what I don’t understand.

Mr. Smartmen, you don’t have to explain anything to me. Those that opposed the bill are well known to us. At the right time, we shall return the Favour appropriately. You don’t have to panic if your hands are clean.
gbenu e soun! undecided
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by SmartMen: 10:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
wirinet:

very valid point sir.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Iceberg3: 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
seunmsg:
We’ve noted those that opposed the bill. At the right time, we shall reciprocate appropriately. Period!

Shut up there,the north and someone from Delta state opposed the bill. The northerner did without any good reason but thee Delta man did with good reason cos the bill,if successful,which we pray succeeds, will be funded by the Niger Delta to a large extent.

The north have always opposed such bills,such programs like True federalism restructuring resources control,but it is strange you said not a single word as regards the northerner that opposed the bill.
Heaven knows this topic would've peaked more than 20 pages if an easterner were among those who opposed the bill!!!!
I don't have to be an easterner to know that.

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by LZAA: 10:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iceberg3:

Shut up there,the north and someone from Delta state opposed the bill. The northerner did without any good reason but thee Delta man did with good reason cos the bill,if successful,which we pray succeeds, will be funded by the Niger Delta to a large extent.

The north have always opposed such bills,such programs like True federalism restructuring resources control,but it is strange you said not a single word as regards the northerner that opposed the bill.
Heaven knows this topic would've peaked more than 20 pages if an easterner were among those who opposed the bill!!!!
I don't have to be an easterner to know that.

Lzaa immhotep bastardmod
Afamed is listening to nzeogwu speeches

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

6 Takeaways From Buhari's Speech During 2017 Budget Presentation / Buhari At Gboyega Oyetola Osun Campaign Rally In Osogbo, Osun (Photos) / Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Army Staff Lt Gen Farouk Yahaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.