Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate (37895 Views)

South-East Development Commission Bill: Igbos No Longer Marginalized - Akpabio / Senate Passes South East Development Commission Bill / Senate Passes South-East Development Commission Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Cherez: 3:43am On Mar 05, 2020
anonimi:

Thanks for this timely reminder that is very relevant to the issue of discussion.
Can you please explain how one senator equals each, every and all Yorubas? I don't get it.
If he is an idiot, please let him have & enjoy his label alone without roping other millions of Yorubas with the idiotA.
I agree with you but read up the arguments of most SW people here; first it's Igbos who are against the bill even leaving out the northerner and excluding the Delta narrative they bear when they wanna say some part of SS isn't SE.

1 Like

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by anonimi: 3:48am On Mar 05, 2020
yeyeosoronga:
You have a very valid point.
Every region should have their own commission, and funding should come from a percentage of whatever they contribute to the center.

Why should their money go to the centre first before it returns to them?
What is the logic behind such a circuitous journey of Israelites in the wilderness

Perhaps, that will make every state to sit up, and not just continue to wait for handouts from the center.
But most Importantly, we have to start holding our leaders accountable to us, and every kobo spent must be accounted for.

If the money first goes to the centre before returning to the source in the region, will that enhance or endanger the control and accountability that you rightly wish for?

2 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by anonimi: 3:52am On Mar 05, 2020
Cherez:
I agree with you but read up the arguments of most SW people here; first it's Igbos who are against the bill even leaving out the northerner and excluding the Delta narrative they bear when they wanna say some part of SS isn't SE.

One should not join the senseless, mud-loving crowd in their shenanigans.
Many think I am not Yoruba because I don't join the herd mentality but focus on governance matters that is better when we have autonomous regions as was the case before January 1966.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10718041_igboneverwrestlewithapig_jpeg321c2908f3c4ace82ec6fbdbb20fa499

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by bilulu(m): 4:00am On Mar 05, 2020
Fortune109:

My brother!

I just dey reason the scenario in which every region wants a commission ni o grin

After all we already have NDDC and NEDC

What's good for the goose is also good for the gander grin
What good has all those brought if not to enlarge the pockets of the politicians. If truly we are committed to the country we don't need NDDC or NEDC to bring development. Las las my brother all those commissions na scam
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Cherez: 4:11am On Mar 05, 2020
anonimi:

One should not join the senseless, mud-loving crowd in their shenanigans.
Many think I am not Yoruba because I don't join the herd mentality but focus on governance matters that is better when we have autonomous regions as was the case before January 1966.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10718041_igboneverwrestlewithapig_jpeg321c2908f3c4ace82ec6fbdbb20fa499
So true, you're � correct
Thanks for the correction and leadway

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by kayusely70(m): 4:48am On Mar 05, 2020
Restructuring, Fiscal Federalism, Regionalism, Etc, The North Always Oppose. Then Lets Renegotiate The Basis Of Our Togetherness Or We Split!
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by 9japride(m): 4:49am On Mar 05, 2020
With all these commissions being setup, where will the funding come from? It's just a pity that the Niger delta states like to mumu themselves. With all the oil from their states nothing to show for, yet more oil money from there is being used to fund selfish ventures in Nigeria.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:33am On Mar 05, 2020
alsudan:
If we now have a North East development commission, why can’t we have one in the South West?

Don’t know what the Middle Belt Legislators are waiting for, they should demand same.
the north east development commission came about because of crises in...same for Niger delta because of some issues...now if u have for south west, then south east ll have to be created same for north west,north central and even South South South...because Niger delta own covers oil producing states alone... now look at the ripple effects..
what we need is constitutional or restructuring to make our states more efficient simple...

1 Like

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:35am On Mar 05, 2020
odave:
But North-East Development commission and NDDC did and will not balkanize the country. Yeye dey smell. Every part of Nigeria can form any development commission and security outfit. There's no need for silence like before, we all deserve to partake in national cake.

If the people representing your region hardly talk in the house or make move but do things like business as usual, OYO is your case, don't come here and shout marginalization later, you hear?
nddc is not for south south alone ondo,abia benefits from it as oil producing states... we will need south south own too...
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Nobody: 5:50am On Mar 05, 2020
Afonjaism in action.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by 9jaRealist: 5:53am On Mar 05, 2020
DUMB bill....

The concept underlying the NDDC (which is NOT a South-South Dev Commission, because it includes South-East states like Abia and Imo, as well as a South-West state like Ondo) is that the exploitation of oil has myriad ADVERSE effects (including, without limitation, expropriation of land, spillage and other environmental degradation) that effectively results in the physical and/or economic taking of land and livelihoods (for a population whose principal and primary economic preoccupation is agriculture). Accordingly, the NDDC (which has been POORLY administered btw) is compensatory. There is no such similar circumstances here in the South-West to justify a similar commission.

Our politicians are simply obsessed with "Chop-I-Chop"!

>
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Nobody: 6:15am On Mar 05, 2020
northvietnam:
I just love these new politicians from south west... they don’t ass lick the Caliphate , then no send any son of a bitch from north side...

Only if Tinubu and Obj was like them

For those quoting me....

Didn’t una notice the silence and Indrect attack my the caliphate on Amotekun.. but these new breeds of politicians have them a middle finger , went on to pass Amotekun bill by every state legislative house in South west, not minding that they might enter into the wrong books of the caliphate. Now a senator is moving for SW Development commission...

Oh son its not true something triggered their anger that's the fact that....the north has played them for too long to the extent of replacing late buhari instead of OSINABAJO TAKING OVER

THEY ARE ONLY DOING WHAT EVER THEY CAN TO PAY THE NORTH BACK OR TO MAKE THE NORTH ANGRY AND PUSH THEM SOUTH WEST POLITICIANS TO EITHER SAY THE TRUTH
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by northvietnam(m): 6:25am On Mar 05, 2020
ezenwajosh:

Oh son its not true something triggered their anger that's the fact that....the north has played them for too long to the extent of replacing late buhari instead of OSINABAJO TAKING OVER

THEY ARE ONLY DOING WHAT EVER THEY CAN TO PAY THE NORTH BACK OR TO MAKE THE NORTH ANGRY AND PUSH THEM SOUTH WEST POLITICIANS TO EITHER SAY THE TRUTH

Hmmmmmmm
Plus the sidelining of VP
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Amumaigwe: 6:39am On Mar 05, 2020
sapientia:
Delta people,

See una Nwobosi.

Big fool.

If it was North Now, he will keep quiet.

And our south East Senators could not call the clown to order.

The south is their own problem.

And the most stupid ones are on Nairaland calling each other Igbos and afonja.

There is no personality I hate like any Igbo or Yoruba insulting each other's tribe.

Makes me sick.

You my friend is sick and need help.

@bolded
Leave South East Senators out of our misery. The Senator Nwaoboshi that helped to scuttle the I'll fated SW development commission is from South South. Remember your media reports that they have rejected SE. So stay on your lane.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by NomzyJust(m): 6:41am On Mar 05, 2020
They have already started it. So to each region there Development commission. Let the looting and mismanagement continue.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Amumaigwe: 6:46am On Mar 05, 2020
unbitchable:
The fear of SW will haunt down all of you. Special status for Lagos was shouted down, Southwest Dev. Commission, shouted down too. How can infrastructural funding of SW leads to the balkanization of the country?. i thought ibos says nigeria can't do without them but truly we have always known that the rest of the country are scared of the possibility of SW leaving y'all behind. Don't come here absolving ibos of this sabotage cos Nwaboshi is representing ibos from Delta north, same way Southeast & Northern senators opposed special status for Lagos. When it comes to betrayal, ibos play second fiddle to their hausa/fulani masters against SW, yet they form the largest number of economic refugees across SW. i hate double faced idiots.

Nwaoboshi is from Niger Delta. Remember they are not Igbos. Why are you wailing?

1 Like

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by fergie001: 7:00am On Mar 05, 2020
MONIKERREVEALER:

Guy don't even bother engaging that loser!!!

He was seriously hoping that a "south east" igbo man was amongst the opposers to this latest afonja development commission but alas it was a "south south" igbo who he always maintains are not igbos but "aniomas" and hence we the "south east" igbos should leave them alone and stop "attaching"!!!

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

he is too much of a coward to do anything about the exploitation and degradation of his "south south' so his only respite is to e-fight we, the great igbos, on as many online fora as possible!!!

sophisticated ishekiri coward!!!
I was even surprised the way he was attacking me.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by awujale231: 7:08am On Mar 05, 2020
Dumb southerners
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Fortune109: 7:22am On Mar 05, 2020
bilulu:

What good has all those brought if not to enlarge the pockets of the politicians. If truly we are committed to the country we don't need NDDC or NEDC to bring development. Las las my brother all those commissions na scam

Exactly!

They are all scam...God is watching them
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Blackking98(m): 7:53am On Mar 05, 2020
sapientia:
Delta people,

See una Nwobosi.

Big fool.

There is no personality I hate like any Igbo or Yoruba insulting each other's tribe.

Makes me sick.

I support this. It's really disgusting when I watch them do that, this one will call someone Afonja, the other will reply Igbo, dumb set of human beings. Instead of collectively fighting for the betterment of the south,most igbos and Yorubas prefer fighting each other while the parasitic north drinks wine while watching them fight. Nwaboshi should be called to order by our SS senator's, so NE can have development commission but SW can't? Funny country.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by baysol: 8:22am On Mar 05, 2020
This is arrant nonsense coming from two senators from the region of bad compatriots. It is easy for them and their inconsequential people to rush to south west for prosperity while in the process damage, overload, steal, vandalise infrastructure of the omoluabis leaving them with nothing but damage control and wantom destruction and destitution. Really, this is the time to start rethinking Nigeria The status quo cannot be allowed to perpetrate itself, it's not just sustainable. South west must begin to systematically deport the kinsmen of these two nincompoop senators hence forth they are not needed nor wanted in Oodua land.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by President2031: 8:35am On Mar 05, 2020
sapientia:
Delta people,

See una Nwobosi.

Big fool.

Makes me sick.

Mumu Yorubas have not seen anything.

You want more Niger delta oil money with your South west commission bill. NO WAY.

If you are not ready to fight for the division of this country Nigeria for us to go our celebrate ways and have our own passport not commission, then please remain in Nigeria and stop looking at Niger delta oil money.

You think we are fools? Even after rejecting our brother Jonathan you’re talking rubbish.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by sapientia(m): 8:57am On Mar 05, 2020
President2031:

Mumu Yorubas have not seen anything.

You want more Niger delta oil money with your South west commission bill. NO WAY.

If you are not ready to fight for the division of this country Nigeria for us to go our celebrate ways and have our own passport not commission, then please remain in Nigeria and stop looking at Niger delta oil money.

You think we are fools? Even after rejecting our brother Jonathan you’re talking rubbish.

If you think Yorubas are your problem.

You are terribly sick and need help.

1 Like

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Kennydoc(m): 10:22am On Mar 05, 2020
ERockson:
Almost every region is having or about to get one. I knew IPOB will openly oppose SW development commission

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/05/how-reps-passed-south-east-devt-commission-bill/
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Nobody: 10:27am On Mar 05, 2020
Oshigun:

It seems others are too slow to understand that Yorubas are moving subtly towards regionalism and freeing themselves from the burdensome yoke of Nigeria. This time it won't be one Awolowo struggling on his own and being backstabbed by many turncoat Yorubas. The way Makinde of PDP worked in solidarity with APC Governors over Amotekun is proof the political divide-and-conquer days of Obasanjo, that saw Yoruba leaders working at cross-purposes and against themselves, may be over.

Clearly the political leaders are aligning with the obas. Based on the DAWN & Southwest APC meetings with yoruba traditional rulers in ibadan. Traditional rulers are the only ones dt can enforce such unity.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 05, 2020
z
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by uunwanaobong3: 11:18am On Mar 05, 2020
This current crop of leaders are the worst in the history of Nigeria...., Can u imagine a sitting senator proposing such a commission for his region on what ground? Or his envy is that Nigeria government is giving Niger delta their oil money which on a saner clime Niger delta region should be controlling their oil resources..... What this fool of a senator does not understand is that Niger delta does not mean South south region e.g Cross River State which is a member of South south is not included in Niger delta, But south east State like imo and south west State like ondo is a member of Niger delta....... Now tell me if a South West State like ondo which is a member of Niger delta is the included in south west commission, is that not a double standard?......... Niger delta commission (NDDC) is not a regional commission,, it is a commission set up to address the need of oil producing states which account for 90% of our national revenue, but are underdeveloped due to federal government negligence...... Now what justifies south west commission? What has The Yoruba produced for the nation? What conflict or war is ongoing in Yoruba land?............ Well I don't blame the educated foolish Yoruba region........ I blamed the nepotic tribalistic current federal government set up and system, .......if not why are we having north east commission?........ That commission should have been set up for Boko Haram ravage state and not the entire region.... Our constitution does not permit a regional commission but guess what northerners have destroyed our constitution for their selfish gains..... The commission should have covered 3 Boko Haram state of borno, yobe and adamawa and not the entire north east region........... My praying is that the south west should get their wish, because if they are successful, all the entire 6 regions of Nigeria will agitate for their commission (SSDC).... South south will get their commission + Niger delta commission (NDDC)............. Don't start what u can not finish.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 05, 2020
Duru1:

Yoruba can move towards heaven, regionalism and truest of federalism, I do not care. All I want is total and unconditional disintegration of the shithole called Nigeria. I prefer Republic of Igbo land to Biafra. I do not care if what is left for the republic is sand.

Bro grow up. When will you Igbos accept the popular saying "insanity is doing things the same way over and over again to expect a different outcome'? Cant you learn even the most minute of lessons from how Yorubas are doing things right now? You declared Biafra illegally and against the Nigerian constitution and that ended in disaster.

Today your mad Jew mullah Kanu is doing same forming shouting "Zoo must fall" and declaring BSS (Biafra secret service) with no legal or constitutional backing. You lot are busy touting Biafran passport and currency no nation of the world accepts as valid travel document or legal tender currency.

Here again you are childishly talking of disintegration of the "shithole" without realising legal and constitutional backing must assist every attempt of a region to gain more autonomy and control over her affair. Dem take lawlessness swear for Igbos? Goodluck to you sha as it seems you lot are incapable of learning from your mistakes so you are therefore condemned to repeating them.

2 Likes

Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 05, 2020
Stevecovey:

Tell them. Some silly people are here dissing tinubu, as if amosuns bill wasn't supported by remi Tinubu in the Senate. Or Tinubu was not aware as fashola transferred some dilapidated federal buildings to lagos state management. BAT is a wise man, you don't get anything done through posturing and talking too much. People dt want personal glory do that, and they hardly get anything done.

God bless you. They say who the gods want to destroy they first make mad. Let them continue attacking and insulting Tinubu, rather than learn from his pragmatic grasp of Nigerian politics, and political destruction and irrelevance is sure for some people.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by President2031: 1:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
sapientia:

If you think Yorubas are your problem.

You are terribly sick and need help.

Mr man if you think it is Niger delta oil money you want to use and fund your greed (South West Development commission) you don’t only need help but you need to be sent to the other world.
Re: South West Development Commission Bill Causes Uproar At The Senate by obinoral1179(m): 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
emkz:
Eventually, Nigeria shall develop along regional lines. Where one region currently contributes the bulk of government earnings is meaningless in the long run and ballooning population.

Niger-Delta sells oil which proceeds can be used to buy food from the North and North-Central. The South-West is the gateway of foreign goods influx into the country = taxes and levies/duties on imports. Not to forget cocoa which can be exported to Belgium and Switzerland. Boasting of a sizeable population, people can also be taxed to raise revenue. The South-East shall be the manufacturing hub and commercial nerve of a regionalized Nigeria. Each region federates itself, have its own police, enforces its own laws and even conduct its own elections. We scrap the Senate and have three representatives from each region to meet twice a month to legislate on matters of common interests. Each region contributes 32% to a central government to oversee immigration matters, customs, national police, regional regulation, Supreme Court, army, national infrastructure, common examinations, currency and stock market.

That way, development is closer to the people. As it is now, I don't know my LG chairman, or state and federal representative. But Fulani herdsmen rioting is Buhari's fault, whereas the governor should be held responsible.

PS: Regional heads chosen by the people elect one of themselves or a neutral person as Chairman who oversees the country (and represent us in international meetings) with the regional heads as vice-chairmen overseeing the regions. Regions can have 1000 members in their regional assemblies, it is their business so long as they can pay them. We need a lean center. Nigeria is too big and heterogeneous to be centrally managed or policed.
God bless the womb that conceived you.... This is the solution to our problem, everyone grow at your space and live within your means

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Military Reclaims Michika, Gulak, Uba Kills And Repels Insurgent From Vintim / Army Screens, Recalls Dismissed Soldiers (dailytrust) / Damasak: 2 Soldiers Who Tried To Capture A Boko Haram Spy Killed In Ambush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.