Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export (26389 Views)

Epidemic Looms In Ita'adu Over Open Defecation / New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum / Good News As India Finally Found Cure To Conoravirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by opportunes: 6:28am On Mar 05, 2020
Nigeria may experience drug shortage as India has suspended the exportation of drugs to the country and others around the world. A fortnight ago, the Director-General of National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, Mojisola Adeyeye, had said Nigeria risks drug shortage as 70 percent of its drugs were imported from other countries.

She had said India was already feeling the drug insecurity because it bought most of its materials and active ingredients from China. “If India is feeling it, we should start praying, because we don’t manufacture anything here except water; we import almost everything – active and non-active ingredients, equipment etc. So it is a scary thing, and I have been emphasizing this from day one. We need drug security. Since we import 70 percent of our drugs, then, we are in trouble if such things happen”, she had said.

The government of India, the world’s biggest supplier of generic drugs, in a circular yesterday by the Director General, Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Amit Yadav, limited the exportation of essential drugs and active pharmaceutical ingredients because of the coronavirus disease outbreak.

The ban is to ensure home supply as experts warn that the country may face drug shortage if the COVID-19 outbreak continues. Meanwhile, the World Health Organisation has reportedly warned that banknotes could aid the transmission of the infectious disease, advising people to go cashless in transactions.

A WHO spokesman was quoted thus: “To stop the spread of the disease, people should use contactless payments where possible and wash their hands after handling cash. “We know that money changes hands frequently and can pick up all sorts of bacteria and viruses.”

Source: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/drug-scarcity-looms-in-nigeria-as-india-suspends-export.html

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by CanadaOrBust: 6:31am On Mar 05, 2020
Why did India do that? *Ok, I see why. Can’t say I blame them!
Lalasticlala I predict you’ll put this on front page

*I knew it!*
FTC!!

I dedicate this FTC to Justice Nweze of the Supreme Court.

THAT NAME “CENTUS CHIMA NWEZE” WILL BE FOREVER WRITTEN IN GOLD in the annals of Nigerian jurisprudence!!
He stood his ground and told the TRUTH despite all the pressure that must have been put on him.

The SC was clearly wrong or compromised or both.

Not imposing any fine is their pathetic way of trying to make amends, tacitly admitting they were in error.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by segebase(m): 6:32am On Mar 05, 2020
Na to de drink agbo iba bi that

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Witcher(f): 6:32am On Mar 05, 2020
Misinformation
President Buhari av everything under control if not Covid19 will av started killing people in Nigeria
God bless president Buhari for making Nigeria great again

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Flyingngel(m): 6:52am On Mar 05, 2020
hmmmm, even water, I think we don't produce in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by helinues: 6:54am On Mar 05, 2020
This na global shortage not only Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by PicLtd: 6:56am On Mar 05, 2020
Wahala dey o.

A global paradigm shift is coming.

2 Likes

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by johnmartus(m): 7:01am On Mar 05, 2020
And we keep saying no job .when the politician that stolen billions refuse to use the money to build a company so it will generate employment .

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Nbote(m): 7:08am On Mar 05, 2020
70 percentage? Well why am I not surprised.. For a country dat imports basically everything and yet claim to have shut it's borders

10 Likes

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by seunlayi(m): 7:22am On Mar 05, 2020
See where we find ourselves in this country.

1 Like

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Captainrambo2: 7:22am On Mar 05, 2020
johnmartus:
And we keep saying no job .when the politician that stolen billions refuse to use the money to build a company so it will generate employment .
remind us y yiu voted Buhari, is it not to fix these things? Is it to start using dss to harass journalists and opposition members ?

Sometimes zombies will just use the word " politicians" to be deceiving themselves. We have one politician, he made the house of assembly rubber stamp. He destroyed the judiciary by bringing a judge that knows nothing except sharia laws.

He appoints people not by merit but out of sheer nepotism !!!

That's what's wrong with Nigeria buhari !!!!

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Captainrambo2: 7:27am On Mar 05, 2020
PicLtd:
Wahala dey o.

A global paradigm shift is coming.
our boys in isolo dey do drugs, even onitcha sef.

But those diabetes insulin drugs, blood pressure drugs, injection based drugs . Haaaaa. Wahala go dey ooo.

May God help us at this point
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by johnmartus(m): 7:30am On Mar 05, 2020
Your head is empty like empty barrel. For you to think rational is a big task for you.
Buhari is only politician we have in Nigeria? Your evil party pdp ruled for 16 years that is why we find ourselves in this situation. Yet I voted Buhari and I don't regret my action I will still vote him again as long as pdp still crave for power.
Captainrambo2:
remind us y yiu voted Buhari, is it not to fix these things? Is it to start using dss to harass journalists and opposition members ?

Sometimes zombies will just use the word " politicians" to be deceiving themselves. We have one politician, he made the house of assembly rubber stamp. He destroyed the judiciary by bringing a judge that knows nothing except sharia laws.

He appoints people not by merit but out of sheer nepotism !!!

That's what's wrong with Nigeria buhari !!!!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Captainrambo2: 7:37am On Mar 05, 2020
johnmartus:
Your head is empty like empty barrel. For you to think rational is a big task for you.
Buhari is only politician we have in Nigeria? Your evil party pdp ruled for 16 years that is why we find ourselves in this situation. Yet I voted Buhari and I don't regret my action I will still vote him again as long as pdp still crave for power.
here we go again pdp ruled for blah blah blah

Buhari has destroyed Nigeria more than he met it.

Just see usa offering bounty for shekau, while your darling buhari was paying them ransome and even wanted to give him and his boys amnesty.

Senseless people undecided

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Randy100: 8:53am On Mar 05, 2020
It is a good thing. We will be forced to use our local material to help ourselves. I am loving this.

4 Likes

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by NigeriaBam: 11:36am On Mar 05, 2020
grin No problem. Let go back to our local herb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by elder1002: 11:37am On Mar 05, 2020
Drugs drugs drugs... They should just herbalise it na
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by simplemach(m): 11:38am On Mar 05, 2020
Which drug gan gan, TM abi Rochi abi CD
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Venuz: 11:39am On Mar 05, 2020
We have Aba that is supposed to be the hub of production, Our cities need a little boost to be able to produce every and all things we need in this God forsaken country but our top dawgs will prefer to buy jets and mansions.

This is just the beginning and I pray more of things like this so we can wake up....

Maybe its time we tried another form of governance...

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:40am On Mar 05, 2020
we have herbs sellers here naah.

make una divert to our own way of health care.
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Elslim: 11:40am On Mar 05, 2020
Back to local solution be that
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by festacman(m): 11:41am On Mar 05, 2020
- In the middle of DIFFICULTY, lies OPPORTUNITIES.
- Adversity is mother of invention.
- When you are out of your comfort zone, you think on your feet to survive.

Trust Nigerians to take advantage. Over to our pharmacists, pharmacologists, herbalists, etc. And of course with NAFDAC scrutinizing closely before the rush for quick money would drive them to give us poisons as medicines.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by tot(f): 11:41am On Mar 05, 2020
Randy100:
It is a good thing. We will be forced to use our local material to help ourselves. I am loving this.

In the long term, yes.
But in the short term, it would have an impact on people that rely on those medications, imagine those with life threatening conditions.

5 Likes

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2020
If so, then I forsee a boom in tradomedical industry soon. Those guys are completely underated despite the efficacy and potency in phytomedicine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by spartan50(m): 11:41am On Mar 05, 2020
Witcher:
Misinformation
President Buhari av everything under control if not Covid19 will av started killing people in Nigeria
Please shut up

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by SKINDOGGY: 11:41am On Mar 05, 2020
Witcher:
Misinformation
Sarcasm grin

2 Likes

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by MansoryMX(m): 11:42am On Mar 05, 2020
E don happen! This exactly what I forecast the other day. This is just the beginning! Commodities will follow suit soon. Nigerians will finally realize how lazy we are by importing almost everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by QuinModah(f): 11:42am On Mar 05, 2020
The DG of NAFDAC actually stated it too .... She said if Corona Virus spreads that we Nigerians will be wiped out .... She also said 90% of all our active drugs are imported from China and China has stopped exporting so, we can have drug problem very soon and increase in drug prices.

She said it's true Chloroquine is effective against Corona Virus in the lab but it is yet to be clinically confirmed (Maybe in Human) .....

She said HIV drugs was initially patented, no body could produce the drug without facing law suits .... it was Mandela and Dr Hamid of India among others that fought for rolling HIV aids drugs into Africa and developing country before the rolling nearly 30m Africans had died from HIV before HIV drugs were rolled out.....

The essence of this is that make una do jeje, no go catch sh.it where u no go find drug cure yaself until China solve her problem and start supplying us drugs again.

The woman said if China should die, Nigeria is dead ... Because we have nothing and everything us is "Chinko" grin grin .... I have the video self from Channels tv Sunrise Daily !!

Maybe they just want to kill us black world and developing nations and we be jon snow .... Corruftion corruftion, Kwaruftion na ihm we dey shout up and down.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by QuinModah(f): 11:42am On Mar 05, 2020
Egungun be careful
MansoryMX:
E don happen!
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by gcon21: 11:42am On Mar 05, 2020
We import everything in Nigeria, it will be better we import the presidency too.

See my signature for ur financial freedom

2 Likes

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by CSTR2: 11:43am On Mar 05, 2020
Where are our pharmacologists?

Nigerian drugs companies are lazy.
They should be controlling the market by now.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Men Cause 60% Of Women’s Vaginal Infection’ - Twitter User / Coronavirus Update In Kano: 1 Death, Total Of 59 Confirmed Cases / Nigerian Guy Who Almost Died Of Drug Overdose Shares His Moving Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.