Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export (26415 Views)

Epidemic Looms In Ita'adu Over Open Defecation / New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum / Good News As India Finally Found Cure To Conoravirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by CSTR2: 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
jjman2322:

lazy? blame importers buying from china, circumventing duty, selling below production cost in Nigeria..

Would you produce a drug in Nigeria if your production cost is 100 naira and the imported one is selling for 85 naira?
If the registered home made producers can produce sufficient quality and quantity, I am sure the FG has no problem restricting its import.

Drug is too critical for us to start banning without making sure there is significant indigenous production.

The problem I see is lack of ambition and ingenuity.

They are satisfied with producing paracetamol , malaria and blood medicine.

1 Like

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by AlayeKondogbia: 12:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
When we sought out this electricity issue and put policy that support local markets in different spheres of the economy, many things would fall in place easily. Cost of production would be reduced and the Nigerian producers can compete with others around the world. Even if we don't have the experts in the fields we can employ them.
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by CSTR2: 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
AlayeKondogbia:
When we sought out this electricity issue and put policy that support local markets in different spheres of the economy, many things would fall in place easily. Cost of production would be reduced and the Nigerian producers can compete with others around the world. Even if we don't have the experts in the fields we can employ them.
If innoson can produce, I don't see why drug companies cannot produce and make profit.

Expertise is the problem.
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by johnmartus(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2020
How many company they have sealed?
GamalNasser:

But when they use it to open company EFCC wiil come and seal the company and leave it to rot
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Emmasnoop(m): 12:20pm On Mar 05, 2020
Yeye news
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Zane2point4(m): 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
Captainrambo2:
here we go again pdp ruled for blah blah blah

Buhari has destroyed Nigeria more than he met it.

Just see usa offering bounty for shekau, while your darling buhari was paying them ransome and even wanted to give him and his boys amnesty.

Senseless people undecided
Dont mind the fool,my happiness is that we are in this together,let his buhari keep on appointing his fellow core northern illiterates.
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by johnmartus(m): 12:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
Tell yourself that I am refuse to be stupid.
Lostz:
how many companies did buhari build when he was head of state? PDP also destroyed Nigeria then.

In 2014 and early 2015 , Nigeria was named the third fastest growing economy in the world by CNNMoney, with China and Qatar, taking the lead at 7.3 percent, 7.1 percent gross domestic product (GDP) growth .

you guys voted in an illiterate who only know about rearing cow as president
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
johnmartus:
Tell yourself that I am refuse to be stupid.
tell that to your parents.

your English is something else
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Emma1Oj(m): 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2020
Beta let every go back to nature, Agbo! Lime/Lemon, ginger n garlic. does tins r very effective.
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Difrent: 12:30pm On Mar 05, 2020
Captainrambo2:
remind us y yiu voted Buhari, is it not to fix these things? Is it to start using dss to harass journalists and opposition members ?

Sometimes zombies will just use the word " politicians" to be deceiving themselves. We have one politician, he made the house of assembly rubber stamp. He destroyed the judiciary by bringing a judge that knows nothing except sharia laws.

He appoints people not by merit but out of sheer nepotism !!!

That's what's wrong with Nigeria buhari !!!!

Oh j forgot Nigeria problems started 5years ago when Buhari came to power...... Before then we had steady electricity, steady water supply, everybody is employed, there was no Boko Haram....

Yeye
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by AlayeKondogbia: 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
CSTR2:

If innoson can produce, I don't see why drug companies cannot produce and make profit.

Expertise is the problem.

Just imagine how cheap innoson cars would be if we had stable electricity and a working rail system to distribute the vehicles all over the country.
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by NairaMaster1(m): 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
helinues:
This na global shortage not only Nigeria

So, you want Nigeria not to raise alarm because it's a global shortage.

In your zombie they have touched Buhari
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by johnmartus(m): 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
Do you even know your parents? From all indication one's can conclude that you lack home training.
My English is something else correct my mistake professor.
Lostz:
tell that to your parents.

your English is something else
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by DModeCntStopMe: 12:45pm On Mar 05, 2020
shocked

Greedy and selfish Nigerians lying in wait to cash out on this

Nigeria is cursed
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by DModeCntStopMe: 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2020
shocked

Greedy and selfish Nigerians lying in wait to cash out big on this

Nigeria is cursed
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by modsfucker: 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
Witcher:
Misinformation
President Buhari av everything under control if not Covid19 will av started killing people in Nigeria
God bless president Buhari for making Nigeria great again

Kin hadu fa cool
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Kiddllc: 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2020
Iya wonder to the rescue grin grin

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Stillthebest: 1:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Witcher:
Misinformation
President Buhari av everything under control if not Covid19 will av started killing people in Nigeria
God bless president Buhari for making Nigeria great again

Just a sentence and we have a house of so many blunders!

Your English writing skill must be under Buhari's control as well.
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
johnmartus:
Do you even know your parents? From all indication "one" one's can conclude that you lack home training.
My English is something else correct my mistake professor.
It is obvious that you are just like the illiterate lifeless duara man.

we don't practice the almajiri system of parenting here in the South.... almost everyone here grew up with their parents.

I thought I was replying a human.

1 Like

Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by RaptorX: 1:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by MusaChukwudi: 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lostz:
there are no people in the world that produce everything. even developed nations still import drugs from India.

you that is talking what have you or your family members produced in your life? you will be the first to die

Reality dey pain una?

What is the use of 180m rapidly multiplying idiots to this world?

I am very productive and possibly so are you. Unfortunately it's not about individuals, or you and I, it's about a collective race. Blacks of Africa currently produces nothing! Sadly that includes common rice to eat! Haba! Are we cursed? But to produce 'babies' we are there. Let us perish jare! Make Indian block its drugs and Thailand block its Rice. Foolish people.
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Randy100: 1:20pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lostz:
you guys don't think before commenting?

which local material will you use for those who are already on daily drug prescription?

which local material? Yoruba agbo?
In 2015, Dr steve onya a senior colleague of mine in an interview with guardian newspaper said that Nigeria has enough local raw material for excipient and API for drug production, and the problem lies with the government not funding for all this.
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Liverpoolfc(m): 1:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
not 70% but more than 90%. Which drug is produced in Nigeria? Mention 1
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Randy100: 1:22pm On Mar 05, 2020
tot:

In the long term, yes.
But in the short term, it would have an impact on people that rely on those medications, imagine those with life threatening conditions.
you are right, maybe it is the price we will have to pay to get things working again.
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by ogbu80(m): 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
From the way I see this soon every country will shut it's boarder and focus solely on herself, there will be famine and the unthinkable will happen.
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by MusaChukwudi: 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
Difrent:

Oh j forgot Nigeria problems started 5years ago when Buhari came to power...... Before then we had steady electricity, steady water supply, everybody is employed, there was no Boko Haram....

Yeye

Ignore that ignorant fool.

Our problem is systemic and in fact it is looking genetic which is far more serious.

Yeah Captainrambo2 we were a developed powerful rich country before Buhari came along grin grin grin
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by rinzylee(m): 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
QuinModah:
The DG of NAFDAC actually stated it too

The woman said if China should die, Nigeria is dead ... Because we have nothing and everything us is "Chinko" grin grin .... I have the video self from Channels tv Sunrise Daily !!

Hi, please can you drop the video? Thank you
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Nobody: 1:30pm On Mar 05, 2020
Randy100:
In 2015, Dr steve onya a senior colleague of mine in an interview with guardian newspaper said that Nigeria has enough local raw material for excipient and API for drug production, and the problem lies with the government not funding for all this.
local raw material like drinking and bathing with salt water to cure Ebola? you have to come up with something before looking for mass-production funding.

even the private sector will invest in drug production if they are coming up with something good
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by MusaChukwudi: 1:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
ogbu80:
From the way I see this soon every country will shut it's boarder and focus solely on herself, there will be famine and the unthinkable will happen.

Most of the African countries will simply be allowed to starve to death so that the powerful countries can come around to share our resource-rich land among themselves.

The countries we call Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand were once occupied by foolish, ignorant, primitive, undeveloped people. Africa is getting closer and closer to their own end. A whole continent unable to feed itself despite land, water, sun light, fertile people ...... all we want to do is just have sex, marry and import rubbish!
Re: Drug Scarcity Looms In Nigeria As India Suspends Export by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 05, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Reality dey pain una?

What is the use of 180m rapidly multiplying idiots to this world?

I am very productive and possibly so are you. Unfortunately it's not about individuals, or you and I, it's about a collective race. Blacks of Africa currently produces nothing! Sadly that includes common rice to eat! Haba! Are we cursed? But to produce 'babies' we are there. Let us perish jare! Make Indian block its drugs and Thailand block its Rice. Foolish people.
individuals can also come up with something. individuals came up with the drugs and many other stuff we are enjoying today.

you can start by boycotting all imported stuff from today.... you will be able to survive because most of the stuff you need are being produce locally.

there is no country that does not import drugs and food. we are trying our best. our problem is not production but mismanagement from politicians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Health Benefits Of Onions, Garlic And Ginger / Some Facts About In-Vitro-fertilization (IVF) / Doctor Ikenna Ihim Gives Palliatives To Imo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.