Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Abuja School’s PTA Chairman Jailed 14 Years For Forgery - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Abuja School’s PTA Chairman Jailed 14 Years For Forgery (397 Views)

EFCC Declares Four Wanted For Forgery, Computer-Related Fraud / Kidnapper Disguised As A Parent, Caught Trying To Pick Kids From An Abuja School / Teacher: I Killed Oluwayemisi Ogundana, Navy Boss For Sacking Me As PTA Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja School’s PTA Chairman Jailed 14 Years For Forgery by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mohammed Atabo, the chairman of Parents Teachers Association (PTA) of a private school in Abuja, has been sentenced to 14 years imprisonment for forgery. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) charged Atabo, 45, who is the PTA chairman of Esteem International School, Garki, Abuja with forging the signature of Mariya Sirajo, treasurer of the association. The anti-graft agency in a 15-count charge filed in 2016 told the FCT High Court in Maitama that the convict forged the signature of Sirajo several times in 2014 on a First Bank local fund transfer with form No. 0790487. Delivering judgment on Monday, Justice Yusuf Halilu, held that the prosecution led credible evidence which has been proved beyond reasonable doubt.

He also held that the court relied on Exhibit T2, which was the confessional statement of the convict to the EFCC where he clearly admitted forging the signature of Sirajo. He further considered exhibit C, which was the payment plan voluntarily written by the convict to the proprietor of Esteem International School, Garki.

The judge thereafter sentenced the convict to two years imprisonment for count one and 14 years each for count two to 15. He held that the sentences should run concurrently and that the convict should serve his terms in Suleja custodial centre in Niger State.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/abuja-schools-pta-chair-jailed-14-years-for-forgery.html
Re: Abuja School’s PTA Chairman Jailed 14 Years For Forgery by Roadtoyesterday: 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2020
All this jailing, are they even real? No pictures
Re: Abuja School’s PTA Chairman Jailed 14 Years For Forgery by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
I hope is not someone I know. That name rings bell.
Re: Abuja School’s PTA Chairman Jailed 14 Years For Forgery by LifeQuest(m): 1:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
I am just thinking about his children and what they will be going through.
Re: Abuja School’s PTA Chairman Jailed 14 Years For Forgery by backnbeta(f): 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
PTA chairman! This is a shame on him and his children
Re: Abuja School’s PTA Chairman Jailed 14 Years For Forgery by LifeQuest(m): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
backnbeta:
PTA chairman! This is a shame on him and his children

So sad
Re: Abuja School’s PTA Chairman Jailed 14 Years For Forgery by Passionate888: 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2020
Mohammed forged another person signature! Na wa o

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Police Arrest Two Men For Stealing N3m Telecom Back Up Batteries / Man Defiles 8-yr-old Girl After Luring Her With Biscuits / Ohafia Crisis! Youths Burn Police Vehicle, In Protest Over Police Brutality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.