Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman (37415 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Adams Oshiomhole As A Boy / PDP Refers Adams Oshiomhole As Factional APC Chairman At Jonathan's Book Launch / APC Governors To Remove Oshiomhole As Chairman, Collect Signatures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by mullerman: 7:57pm On Mar 05, 2020
Confused season of people
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by Nwaonyishi69: 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2020
You see how Nigeria don wowo reach. When you say na zoo this space be one Aba gworo go say na hate speech. How can a high court over rule another high Court if not that third class lawyers and sharia Judges have now taken over the bench, while we look on?
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by Triplerg: 8:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
famology:
If anyone ever thought it's gonna be easy to dislodge osho like that, the person must be a toddler in politics. He's got very strong backers within the apc in high places across the country. That's why I laughed when some neophytes were rejoicing in some quarters yesterday. It was a childish and premature celebration.
You are the neophyte here for rejoicing that the judgment has been set aside.The judgment suspending him can only be vacated by a higher court. If he forces himself in, any action he takes as APC chairman will be considered null and void
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by Abiolajustified: 8:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
The Federal High Court

The Federal High Court is the third in rank and is headed by the Chief Judge and contains the number of Judges allowed may be preassigned by an Act of the National Assembly.

However, it can be properly constituted if it contains at least one Judge of the Court. It has original jurisdiction in civil cases, and matters as set out under Section 251 (1) of the 1999 Constitution. It can be found in more than 15 states in the country.

State High Court

The Section 255 of the 1999 Constitution provides for the provision of a High Court in each of the states in Nigeria and the FCT. Each of these courts are headed by a chief judge.

While the number of judges is determined by the State House of Assembly and the National Assembly in the case of the High Court of the FCT.

It has the largest jurisdiction under the 1999 Constitution in civil and criminal cases and has the appellant jurisdiction over decisions of Customary Courts, Area Courts, Magistrate Courts, etc.
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by DZTech: 8:49pm On Mar 05, 2020
Afamed:

Local champion, the suspension of Oshiomole is illegal in the first place. Only NEC can suspend a National executives not even Mr President
dis is really disappointing...
did u post d screenshot to deceive people, or u actually believe wot u wrote to back d screenshot?
either way, u and ur cohorts r just a sorry disappointment
worapiri
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by Magicians: 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
Don't go n wail to death over Oshobaba your father is not fit to lace his shoe O.

I tell you my own O.
No go die like fool over matter wey no concern you, your unborn generation or dead generation.

A word they say is enough for the wise but I no say bigotry no go gree make you leave the matter till your fly go enter dead body enter grave.

Maxymilliano:
The court is not competent to issue that order as it is a court of equal jurisdiction. The judge should be suspended immediately !

APC is gradually setting the country on fire by bastardizing the Nigerian Judicial system
Opexzy:
That oshiomole was reinstated is not my problem.. My problem is the fact that another court did it in less than 24hrs. On what grounds? , when was the case filed.

Judgement in this country is to the highest
bidder. Shame on our judiciary.
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by akdjr(m): 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2020
Just watch how those trying to bring Oshio Baba down will fail. quote author=famology post=87189950]If anyone ever thought it's gonna be easy to dislodge osho like that, the person must be a toddler in politics. He's got very strong backers within the apc in high places across the country. That's why I laughed when some neophytes were rejoicing in some quarters yesterday. It was a childish and premature celebration. [/quote]
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by Blackmiserable(m): 9:07pm On Mar 05, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
Kano high Court overturning Abuja high Court. Nigeria judiciary keep embarrassing herself.

Honestly, like you said, Nigeria judiciary keeps embarrassing herself
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by famology(m): 9:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
Triplerg:
You are the neophyte here for rejoicing that the judgment has been set aside.The judgment suspending him can only be vacated by a higher court. If he forces himself in, any action he takes as APC chairman will be considered null and void

Take heart, I know it's painful.
But be warned HBP can kill.
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by famology(m): 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
Yebosola:

U deh mind them? Toddlers plenty for NL, until Buhari is tired of him, they wasting their time, yeyenats, 80% of who is who in APC are his backers, PDP apologists full the thread rejoicing his sack, that shows Oshio is their nightmare, thats enough to retain him.

Exactly, he's their tormentor.
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by famology(m): 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lostz:
interlocutory injunction only seize to exist when it is vacated by a superior court or set aside by same court that gave the order.

interlocutory injunction is not like already delivered judgement where an appeal means a stay of execution.

if the appeal killed the order, oshomole will still be chairman but APC Secretariat is still under lock as ordered by the high court.

By the time he resumes tomorrow hope you won't pass out?
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by Magicians: 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
Opexzy:
That oshiomole was reinstated is not my problem.. My problem is the fact that another court did it in less than 24hrs. On what grounds? , when was the case filed.

Judgement in this country is to the highest
bidder. Shame on our judiciary.

You are not a wise man but an extremely foolish one. You are concerned about a fraudulent judgement being reversed but not worried a foolish court suspended the chairman of the ruling political party without him or his lawyer present. Some of you need your head flogged thoroughly so u can at least reason like humans.
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by Dollabiz: 9:55pm On Mar 05, 2020
smiley
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by Dollabiz: 9:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
smiley hmmm
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by Trimque2k1(m): 10:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
Afamed:

Local champion, the suspension of Oshiomole is illegal in the first place. Only NEC can suspend a National executives not even Mr President
Children of hate won't read or learn this.Though I don't belong to any political party but Obaseki is a betrayal
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by Essential(m): 10:11pm On Mar 05, 2020
Oshobaba the man with nine lives

1 Like

Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by Babinski: 7:13am On Mar 06, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
Kano high Court overturning Abuja high Court. Nigeria judiciary keep embarrassing herself.

Federal High Court in Kano versus FCT High Court (equivalent of State High Court).
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by banhammy: 9:52am On Mar 07, 2020
emperor863:

To you maybe. Yesterday when a court granted an injunction that was obviously a travesty of justice, political neophytes were jubilating.

Please be educated that the party at the ward or state level has no power to suspend a member of the national exco.

On which grounds would he be suspended? What was his offence, how many times has he attended the ward meetings since he became the national chairman of the party?

As things stand, only the party's NEC has the power to remove Oshiomhole and they can do that through a vote of no confidence. If you know a modicum of party politics, you'd know that it is not possible to achieve that as at the way things stand now.

As usual, you and your people have hailed Obaseki to his grave. Mtchewwwww.

We are on the same page.
I'm not from Edo state.
My argument is, how on Earth did court suspend an elected chairman?
Nigeria judiciary is useless.
No apology.
Re: Kano Court Sets Aside Ruling Suspending Oshiomhole As APC Chairman by IkePeters(m): 4:37pm On Jul 06, 2021
Yes I am

babyfaceafrica:

Are u knowledgeable than oshiomole and Apc lawyers and SANs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Cabal Caged Osinbajo, Fowler Via EFCC Probes; To Bury Tinubu’s 2023 Ambition / Buhari's Presidential Campaign At Agege Stadium (Pictures) / Osun Tribunal Dismisses Pdp’s Adeleke Application To Strike Out Apc’s Facts, Fig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.