Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,030 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Nigerian Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Parents (626 Views)

Stop Having Sex In The Presence Of Your Kids — Lady Advises Nigerian Parents / Most Nigerian Parents And Their Poor Child Spacing! A Must Read!!! / Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Parents by warripikin17(m): 4:43pm On Mar 05, 2020
Parents, I don't get them, they'll always justify their own actions, but whenever their kids do the same thing or go through the same experience, it's completely different.

My dad slept off in a bus coming to Ibadan from Lagos and alighted without it.
My mom dropped her phone in a car and came out without it.
They both lost their phones, they called the driver a thief,same for the other passengers.

Now my phone's gone, I've heard hell, hell, hell, nothing but hell, not even sorry. It's all on me, as always, I've got no justification whatsoever.
"Tega, you don't have street sense" "...and you haven't resumed 100L,in that UI, they'll steal you in two weeks "
I'm just so grateful that I bought the phone with my own money,still it's not as painful to me as it seems to them.
But what actually pains them, the fact that my phone is gone or that their first born son is a complete idiot?,

Parents claim to know their children, teenagers especially, well lemme break it down for you,
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT !!!!
Parents will hardly ever see depression or sadness in their teenagers, but will easily detect an "unwanted " pregnancy without the aid of a pregnancy test.

To Nigerian parents
A pained teenager.

This post contains information from the things I have seen in the Nigerian parents I've interacted with and know.
I don't intend to generalize

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2020
You're a good writer
Re: Nigerian Parents by Candrevah: 5:10pm On Mar 05, 2020
Bear with them. There is a lot of reforms to be done when it comes to parenting in nigeria. I wish you success.
Re: Nigerian Parents by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
Gosh!!!

The African parenting is terrible...

They always act dictatorially
They believe you know nothing...

We need to change this attitude

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents by crackkhaus: 6:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lol... cheesy

We should do better, not the complete opposite though, but better.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Parents by warripikin17(m): 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2020
Thanks everyone
Re: Nigerian Parents by warripikin17(m): 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
You're a good writer
When Mom studied English literature and Dad studied Mass Communication
I've got no choice
Thanks again
Re: Nigerian Parents by warripikin17(m): 10:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
Candrevah:
Bear with them. There is a lot of reforms to be done when it comes to parenting in nigeria. I wish you success.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Parents by sagtav(f): 5:04am On Mar 10, 2020
Hehehehe
Re: Nigerian Parents by sagtav(f): 5:06am On Mar 10, 2020
You can't be wrong
Re: Nigerian Parents by Mindlog: 5:49am On Mar 10, 2020
Has the Authoritarian style of parenting which is more of the default in Nigeria helped to raise well adjusted people.
Re: Nigerian Parents by frozen70(f): 7:21am On Mar 10, 2020
They are doing all that and saying all that to keep you on your toes and at alert
Re: Nigerian Parents by warripikin17(m): 4:21pm On May 12, 2022
Uhh, hey, it's me again
Re: Nigerian Parents by warripikin17(m): 4:23pm On May 12, 2022
This is more than two years later, I'm an adult now, approaching my 20th birthday LOL and I just saw this, sigh, I won't lie or get corny and start saying I now understand where they were coming from, because honestly, I still don't, we seem to have grown farther apart and I don't see our relationship getting any better
Re: Nigerian Parents by Karleb(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2022
warripikin17:
This is more than two years later, I'm an adult now, approaching my 20th birthday LOL and I just saw this, sigh, I won't lie or get corny and start saying I now understand where they were coming from, because honestly, I still don't, we seem to have grown farther apart and I don't see our relationship getting any better

grin

It's always like that when they don't make efforts to make the relationship work.

Don't blame yourself.
Re: Nigerian Parents by anthonyuncle(m): 6:18pm On May 12, 2022
go and tell your parents, and stop disturbing us.

na your type go rant finish for social media, while in reality, you can't stand your ground even when you are right.
Re: Nigerian Parents by DaBogu: 6:20pm On May 12, 2022
grin
Re: Nigerian Parents by warripikin17(m): 3:27pm On Jul 01, 2022
anthonyuncle:
go and tell your parents, and stop disturbing us.

na your type go rant finish for social media, while in reality, you can't stand your ground even when you are right.
Sigh, I no longer need to stand my ground, I live on my own now, and yes, when I lived with them, I did stand my ground, so much it got me beaten LOL

(1) (Reply)

'wonder Drug' To Fight Coronavirus Around World / How Can This Prevalent Issue Marriages Face Be Resolved / Beautiful Coloring Pages For Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.