Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Languages of Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Languages of Nigeria (844 Views)

Endangered Languages Of Nigeria + Others / Official Languages Of African Countries---very Sad / I Hope That The Indigenous Languages Of Nigeria Will Continue To Be Spoken. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Languages of Nigeria by drrionelli(m): 3:50am On Dec 21, 2010
Nigeria is blessed with a richness of diversity in many ways.  Such as LANGUAGES.

I know that many languages are spoken in Nigeria so I ask your help.  How does one say: 

"Merry Christmas!"  in any of the non-English languages spoken in Nigeria?

And, while we're at it, how does one say: 

"Happy New Year!"  in those same languages?

AND, if I may ask, if it's not too much trouble, might you please include a phonetic pronunciation guide for those of us who are unfamiliar with the languages you post?

Thank you!!   cheesy
Re: Languages of Nigeria by drrionelli(m): 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2010
Well, the replies are coming slowly, it seems!

Nonetheles, let me wish for you all:

Joyeux Noel.

Buon Natale.

Feliz Navidad.

Merry Christmas.

smiley drrionelli smiley

(1) (Reply)

I Flew Into Britain And Had Quins On The Nhs / High-ways Out Of Poverty And Lack / 'real Men Must Produce Male Children'myth Or Fact?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.