Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,638 members, 7,820,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances (32788 Views)

Shehu Sani Criticises Buratai Over Claims Of Terrorism Lasting Until 2040 / Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings / IPOB Bans Buhari, Buratai From Foreign Trips - Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by favour32(m): 9:25pm On Mar 05, 2020
Remove any service chief?
Buhari no go fit!
You know why?
The cabal nai know wetin dey wey people nor know.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Marshalemmy(m): 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2020
I fear for the aggrieved soldiers cos they will be court marshalled straight away for insurbodination
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Charly68: 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
Thank God you voiced out instead of resorting to mutiny ..Let the wicked soildier be made to pay for his excessess .
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by donbachi(m): 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
Wizikal:
My brother no be prayer something
atleast 4 their lives...cos ciga and money no fit keep life.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Legendguru: 9:32pm On Mar 05, 2020
smiley
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by bayelsaowei(m): 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
Probably dasuki is still stealing the NA dry...very useless country...I feel ashamed being a nigerian
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by antiApc(m): 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
Hello naira landers

Please I'm in urgent need of small job,either attendant or salesboy...I stay in ota but I can work in Lagos if need be

Thank u.. . WhatsApp 08089878495
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Makavelli25: 9:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
maxjax:
tongue they sent the SOS to two wrong souls. dem no know wetin be coup de tar ni

Something is telling me that fake (audio) soldiers are the ones sending this SOS msg
Oga watin be coup de tar
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Tunde835(m): 10:01pm On Mar 05, 2020
Dey are Risking Their Lives Fighting Boko Haram For 12,000 naira Per Month
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Ezmans: 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
[quote author=Ahmeduana post=87196281]
The problem is that, they will tell them to lay there complains or to let complain pass though the very same person that is looting these guys allowances! [/ cigarate allowance 200 hundred naira a month GOD forbid, I can't buy a packet in a good bar in Lagos
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Endtimecaller: 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
Unfortunately that seems to be the tradition of Nigerian army. I don't if soldiers welfare money and allowances is a special course at NDA. I have a retired soja friend who told that as at March 2020, the months arrears of their pension that was approved by Buhari and money by finance ministry, that it was only 6 months that was paid to them. No minimum wage yet but corpers don collect their money and old men are suffering.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Ryocaj(m): 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
If this was the 1970s and 1980s soldiers suppose don slaughter all these politicians and take over. I really don't know what is going on in the military these days cos every condition that should have led to a military takeover has already happened, soldiers have now been reduced to beggars and made to look weak before ordinary boko haram miscreants.
OBJ made d President Grand Commander of the Federal Republic.. so the President is d head of d military.. it wasn't so before.. They cannot do anything without approval from d president..
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by chosenwan1(m): 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
The main reason why this war will never end, it is all about money to these animals.

Those "laid down procedures" are meant to silence them.

Imagine the paltry sum they are paying soldiers fighting wars meanwhile the good for nothing legislators live large.

Gone are the days the military had some balls, they would have taken over long time ago. Democracy is not for us.

oshozondii:

https://thenationonlineng.net/boko-haram-soldiers-petition-buhari-buratai-over-alleged-embezzlement/
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Sirjamo: 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

Stop spraying spit everywhere.
Mr Ogbunigwe with head like office table

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
Sirjamo:
Mr Ogbunigwe with head like office table
All these lowlife e-urchins on nairaland..you can't lace my shoes in person.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Sirjamo: 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Shut Up there
Black foreheads everywhere

You didn't remember this your useless comment when Jonathan was commander in chief...

Spits...
You're still suffering from Jonathan defeat five years after! You're even more pathetic than I thought!!!

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by anwanie: 10:38pm On Mar 05, 2020
How on earth should....Pay them their money ooo
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Sirjamo: 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

All these lowlife e-urchins on nairaland..you can't lace my shoes in person.
Can't lace your shoe? Mr Ogbunigwe, the only shoe I lace is mine, only your boys that you took from your village to learn how to sell fake spare parts would lace your shoe, not me!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by uboma(m): 10:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
BeerParlour:
The soldiers should be thankful they are N12k,

Senseless comment to make.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:43pm On Mar 05, 2020
Sirjamo:
Can't lace your shoe? Mr Ogbunigwe, the only shoe I lace is mine, only your boys that you took from your village to learn how to sell fake spare parts would lace your shoe, not me!!!
Still spitting and ranting incoherently.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 05, 2020
Who told you it's fake??
maxjax:
tongue they sent the SOS to two wrong souls. dem no know wetin be coup de tar ni

Something is telling me that fake (audio) soldiers are the ones sending this SOS msg
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Nobody: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2020
The operational allowance is not 24k
pacino26:
How will these soldiers perform under such conditions? 12 eggs a month, 12 sachets of chocolate and a packet of sugar! shocked

Then 24k operational allowance! Tell me why they won't drop arms and cheer on they insurgents?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by ZombieHUNT: 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2020
Sirjamo:
You're still suffering from Jonathan defeat five years after! You're even more pathetic than I thought!!!

You chose when to have sense....
Yours developed after 2015
Well done
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Excuzeme: 11:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
donbachi:
200 hun...for cigarette allowance and the so called nass members are collecting hundred of thousands for tea allowance...and e remain make dem ask for sneezing and shiit allowance..chai!..soldiers make una no worry,GOD will protect and keep u all..IJN.

it serves them right or are they not the ones protecting the NASS members` from the angry Public wh owuld have dealth with them and their greed and corruption?

If you serve and protect criminality, it will also come to bite you in the back, what goes round, comes around.
The NASS is full of criminals, certificate forgers like Dini Melaye, 419ers and all sorts of dubious characters and yet they just allocate money to themselves
I think you see that He-Goat called Dino Melaye doing video, telling "God" that his taste has become ostentatious, there is Ferrari, Lambroghini, RollsRoyce downstairs.............Yet the fool did not setup any company, did not invent any product nor did he startup any business, Except being a Senator of Nigeria!
angry angry angry

Armed froces should stop protecting these criminals in NASS or else, they should just STFU and enjoy the ride with the rest of the citizens. undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Excuzeme: 11:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
Ryocaj:

OBJ made d President Grand Commander of the Federal Republic.. so the President is d head of d military.. it wasn't so before.. They cannot do anything without approval from d president..

That is not true!
Even under the miliatry rule in the 70's and 80's. the Head of State was the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed forces and Head of the Supreme Military Council, hence in a Coup, he has to resign that command or be shot.

What us hapening now is that the Soldeirs have learnt how to steal and loot under a Civilian Govt, without ever bordering about how to govern and the effrot it entails.
If they take over so they can loot (soldeirs are looters as well but decision making is faster in a military Govt and Contractors dont just collect Mobilisation fee and abandon contracts anyhow), they still have to be saddled with rulling the masses, while watching their own backs for juior officers! grin\But nowadays, they still can loot, for example, using the War on Insurgency as an excuse, so why shoudl they broder about intervention and the burden of rulership?
Its all about the economics and efficiency of easy money.
The Military is as corrupt as the Police and are competing with the thieves in National Assembly
grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by VolvoS60(m): 11:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
If this was the 1970s and 1980s soldiers suppose don slaughter all these politicians and take over. I really don't know what is going on in the military these days cos every condition that should have led to a military takeover has already happened, soldiers have now been reduced to beggars and made to look weak before ordinary boko haram miscreants.

^^^
No.

I will be the last person on earth to defend Nigerian politicians but it should be made clear that nobody is slaughtering anybody. This 'problem' is a 'family' affair that does not involve civilians. Isn't that the familiar refrain - military matters are above the abilities of civilians - and civilians should keep off?

Neither I or anyone I know reduced anyone else to beggars or made them look weak. The parties involved did a fine job of that all by themselves - and they can sort out internally whatever issues they have with one another. Thankfully their petition was addressed to the military high command so we - the people often derisively referred to as the 'bloody' people - do not need to get involved. It isn't our problem.

In all my years slaving away on different jobs, nobody ever paid me a cigarette allowance. undecided I also never got a single cocoa bean - not to talk of a bar of chocolate.

Nigeria is hard for everybody.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Ohraykon: 11:49pm On Mar 05, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
the military died with abacha dis ones now ehn na products of nepotism we are not surprised
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Ohraykon: 11:52pm On Mar 05, 2020
supercase1:

There is a law that bans millitary coup,if they instigate a coup they will be asked to handover to a civilian govt less than 48hrs and then they will invite the wrath of the almighty US of A and it's allies if they fauls to handover
which mumu usa are dey not part of our problem ur inferiority complex is high o

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Eddygre8(m): 3:16am On Mar 06, 2020
To get help

Check my signature
Contact on WhatsApp for proofs and more details[b][/b]
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by anonimi: 4:27am On Mar 06, 2020
donbachi:
200 hun...for cigarette allowance and the so called nass members are collecting hundred of thousands for tea allowance...and e remain make dem ask for sneezing and shiit allowance..chai!..soldiers make una no worry,GOD will protect and keep u all..IJN.

Are the NASS members different from barawo bubu and the governors despite dashing the shuffering and shmiling extreme poverty population stomach infrastructure during elections?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4180477_1392483210143001453357818500537568220443822n_jpeg744fcdbcdbc4f5b147d46800faffe62b

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2358520_111385321026854017343351561803944924259098n_jpegcc9c141e2dfbc6f9b46eeede8dadd1ff

Firefire:

‘A budget that moves domestic spending in Aso Villa from N580m to N1.7bn cannot be a budget of change’

Abuja – Sen. Eyinnaya Abaribe (PDP Abia South) on Wednesday in Abuja, berated the 2016 budget and called on President Muhammaduu Buhari to withdraw it and go back to the drawing board.

Abaribe while making contributions during the consideration of the budget, said the proposal was faulty on many grounds and could not be implemented at it was.

He said that predication of oil benchmark at 38 dollars per barrel when the crude oil price had fallen below 30 dollars per barrel made the budget unrealistic.

Abaribe faulted the government for increasing spending by 30 per cent based on borrowing.

“Mr President, my colleagues, this budget is indeed unique. After the budget presentation, the finance minister has never come to explain the details of the budget as it is normally done.

“It is a budget of change I agree, but it is a change in the wrong direction. I say it is a change in the wrong direction because it says that it is based on zero budgeting requiring all expenses to be fully justified.

“Mr President, a budget that increases spending up to 30 per cent based solely on borrowing, in what way are we justified? That is the question we want to ask the people who brought this budget.

“We know what is going on in the global economy: this budget is predicated on an oil benchmark of 38 dollars per barrel and I can now say that with oil being 28 dollars today, this budget is dead on arrival.

“The job of the opposition is to help the government to get its priorities right, so I want to please urge this government to withdraw this budget and go back to the drawing board,” he said.

The senator also faulted the adjustments made in the budget as well as allocation for spending in the Aso Rock Villa, saying that it was too exorbitant.

He said that the adjustments rather than reduce spending in areas where they were not necessary only spread it into different offices.

“Mr President, a budget that moves domestic spending within Aso Villa from N580 million to N1.7 billion cannot be a budget of change.

“We were told that in the revised budget there was an adjustment due to error, we agree but what has happened is that up to N7 billion were moved from buying vehicles and spread to offices.

“It also increased the spending that is due to renovations within the Villa.

“They are going to renovate the Villa with N3.9 billion: what else do you want to renovate there that Nigerians will see in the Year 2016?” he asked.

However, in his contribution, Sen. Ahmed Lawan (APC Yobe North) blamed the previous administration for the lack of funds due to the embezzlement witnessed in previous governments.

He said that this was the 17th budget he would be debating as a legislator and noted that not more than 40 per cent implementation was achieved in the last 16 years.

“The proposal before us is the first budget where the executive has deemed it necessary to give ordinary Nigerians genuine hope.

“N500 billion allocated for school feeding and social SAFTEY NET is commendable.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/602809/

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Jaqenhghar: 4:47am On Mar 06, 2020
These soldiers mumu sha
Na the embezzlers u a dey petition LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hyacinth Kwegi And His Family Go To Farm In Benue (photos) / Oluwaseun Sakaba: No Forgiveness For Boko Haram Terrorists Who Killed My Husband / Who Wins Tomorrow's Presidential Election In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.