Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances (32791 Views)

Shehu Sani Criticises Buratai Over Claims Of Terrorism Lasting Until 2040 / Martins Idakpini: Lance Corporal Blasts Buratai Over Incessant Killings / IPOB Bans Buhari, Buratai From Foreign Trips - Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Jaqenhghar: 4:51am On Mar 06, 2020
VolvoS60:

^^^
No.

I will be the last person on earth to defend Nigerian politicians but it should be made clear that nobody is slaughtering anybody. This 'problem' is a 'family' affair that does not involve civilians. Isn't that the familiar refrain - military matters are above the abilities of civilians - and civilians should keep off?

Neither I or anyone I know reduced anyone else to beggars or made them look weak. The parties involved did a fine job of that all by themselves - and they can sort out internally whatever issues they have with one another. Thankfully their petition was addressed to the military high command so we - the people often derisively referred to as the 'bloody' people - do not need to get involved. It isn't our problem.

In all my years slaving away on different jobs, nobody ever paid me a cigarette allowance. undecided I also never got a single cocoa bean - not to talk of a bar of chocolate.

Nigeria is hard for everybody.

Very well said brother. I wish I could like this more than once.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by gaskiyamagana: 5:15am On Mar 06, 2020
Over to ICPC
Over to EFCC
Over to prayer for the death of evil wishers wives and children among your seniors.
Don't make mistake of praying to God to change dem.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by anonimi: 5:46am On Mar 06, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
If this was the 1970s and 1980s soldiers suppose don slaughter all these politicians and take over. I really don't know what is going on in the military these days cos every condition that should have led to a military takeover has already happened, soldiers have now been reduced to beggars and made to look weak before ordinary boko haram miscreants.

You don't know what you are ranting about.
How is coup plotting Pakistan faring compared to its larger, more populated and more complex neighbour India?
Why would you wish for your liberties to be taken away by your fellow man with guns paid for with your taxes?
What brought us to this terrible mess if not Nzeogwu's stupid coup mongering that prompted Ironsi's Unification Decree 34 in 1966?
Do you have any sense at all
If you had any sense whatsoever, you will take up this matter with your federal representative and senator, then follow up for their action and feedback on expected outcomes.
Why can't you do that?
Too lazy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10586643_img20190907180506979_jpeg225751fcc425bbabeef75d4bb0fdc40c

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by anonimi: 5:48am On Mar 06, 2020
gaskiyamagana:
Over to ICPC
Over to EFCC
Over to prayer for the death of evil wishers wives and children among your seniors.
Don't make mistake of praying to God to change dem.

Are you kidding me

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3900895_tmpfbimg14671496201601359061659_jpeg16b35e0420df707155480a7e11564764

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Destroyerofyeeb: 5:57am On Mar 06, 2020
grin It's either ure ignorant of what's going on in the country or you're one of those benefitting from this government either way I have nothing to say to you till when fulani herdsmen hold you captive or raid your hometown
anonimi:

You don't know what you are ranting about.
How is coup plotting Pakistan faring compared to its larger, more populated and more complex neighbour India?
Why would you wish for your liberties to be taken away by your fellow man with guns paid for with your taxes?
What brought us to this terrible mess if not Nzeogwu's stupid coup mongering that prompted Ironsi's Unification Decree 34 in 1966?
Do you have any sense at all
If you had any sense whatsoever, you will take up this matter with your federal representative and senator, then follow up for their action and feedback on expected outcomes.
Why can't you do that?
Too lazy

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10586643_img20190907180506979_jpeg225751fcc425bbabeef75d4bb0fdc40c
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Afromentalist: 6:59am On Mar 06, 2020
Boko Haram is an indispensable pawn in the grand con scheme the power that be used to claim power, Buhari being the face front of the plan.

Until you Nigerians understand that scheme and are able to defeat it, everything around boko Haram will seem irrational to you.

The African Mentalist
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by NaijadrivaCars: 7:33am On Mar 06, 2020
shocked
Wetin Buhari no go see for corruption matter?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by anonimi: 7:35am On Mar 06, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
grin It's either ure ignorant of what's going on in the country or you're one of those benefitting from this government either way I have nothing to say to you till when fulani herdsmen hold you captive or raid your hometown

See the posts and threads below to get wise.

https://www.nairaland.com/2595558/nl-pictures-album/21#86548511

https://www.nairaland.com/2595558/nl-pictures-album/21#86548538

https://www.nairaland.com/2595558/nl-pictures-album/20#85948248

https://www.nairaland.com/2121046/apc-matters-pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/2275271/buharis-apc.s-campaign-promises

https://www.nairaland.com/5534927/pdp-matters-reference

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Dagger111(m): 7:58am On Mar 06, 2020
donbachi:
200 hun...for cigarette allowance and the so called nass members are collecting hundred of thousands for tea allowance...and e remain make dem ask for sneezing and shiit allowance..chai!..soldiers make una no worry,GOD will protect and keep u all..IJN.

No.. N200 per day. 12k per month for cigarette allowance.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by supercase1(m): 8:09am On Mar 06, 2020
Ohraykon:
which mumu usa are dey not part of our problem ur inferiority complex is high o
I think u don't understand how world politics are been played pls try to enlighten urself and argue with facts not emotional outbursts
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by OnyesomJ(m): 9:23am On Mar 06, 2020
Nigeria Army na Scam last last

Sending Young Soldiers without Enough Equipments !!!
Seems like sending them to die na
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Leo588(m): 10:02am On Mar 06, 2020
“That notwithstanding, the army will investigation the allegations once it gets the petition.

You wrote this of he said it?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by APCHaram: 10:20am On Mar 06, 2020
According to the petition, the top official allegedly siphoned their welfare and allowances and refused to pay cigarette allowances since January despite a signal from the Nigerian Army (NA), notifying them of the introduction of N200 monthly cigarette allowance.

This people no sorry at all.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 06, 2020
Instead of Nigerian army doing the right thing, watch them do the opposite and victimize court martial the soldiers
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by VolvoS60(m): 11:10am On Mar 06, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Very well said brother. I wish I could like this more than once.

^^^
These NCOs and other ranks will not hesitate to savagely beat or even kill civilians on the orders of their light fingered superiors - often for the flimsiest of reasons. And sometimes for no reason at all. And sometimes these same NCOs/other ranks don't even wait for orders - they do it by themselves and for themselves. It happens everyday in this country.

They can sort out their problems without my input. It is a family affair and none of my business.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 06, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
If this was the 1970s and 1980s soldiers suppose don slaughter all these politicians and take over. I really don't know what is going on in the military these days cos every condition that should have led to a military takeover has already happened, soldiers have now been reduced to beggars and made to look weak before ordinary boko haram miscreants.
And risk sanctions and an even worse tyranny bro abeg stop oo. Military regime is totally rubbish. UN will just fight them with all they've got in the process turning Nigeria to a failed State amongst other failed states.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Destroyerofyeeb: 11:26am On Mar 06, 2020
But isnt Nigeria a failed state already with all the killings going on while buhari keeps quiet
Ausrichie:

And risk sanctions and an even worse tyranny bro abeg stop oo. Military regime is totally rubbish. UN will just fight them with all they've got in the process turning Nigeria to a failed State amongst other failed states.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 06, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
But isnt Nigeria a failed state already with all the killings going on while buhari keeps quiet
But we are better than many other failed states. We are not a dead state yet gringrin
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Jaqenhghar: 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2020
VolvoS60:

^^^
These NCOs and other ranks will not hesitate to savagely beat or even kill civilians on the orders of their light fingered superiors - often for the flimsiest of reasons. And sometimes for no reason at all. And sometimes these same NCOs/other ranks don't even wait for orders - they do it by themselves and for themselves. It happens everyday in this country.

They can sort out their problems without my input. It is a family affair and none of my business.
God bless. They will beat you to please the ones who cheat them. No be mumu be that? Like I said on this forum if you and me decide to hold a protest at army HQ for better treatment of the NCOs, it is the same people you are protesting for that will shoot you. You are right na their wahala. A Hausa proverb says " if the owner of the horse doesnt care if his horse dies then why should the person taking care of the horse care?". Ots only a pity that taxpayers have to fund their foolishness

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Ryocaj(m): 12:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
Excuzeme:

That is not true!
Even under the miliatry rule in the 70's and 80's. the Head of State was the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed forces and Head of the Supreme Military Council, hence in a Coup, he has to resign that command or be shot.

What us hapening now is that the Soldeirs have learnt how to steal and loot under a Civilian Govt, without ever bordering about how to govern and the effrot it entails.
If they take over so they can loot (soldeirs are looters as well but decision making is faster in a military Govt and Contractors dont just collect Mobilisation fee and abandon contracts anyhow), they still have to be saddled with rulling the masses, while watching their own backs for juior officers! grin\But nowadays, they still can loot, for example, using the War on Insurgency as an excuse, so why shoudl they broder about intervention and the burden of rulership?
Its all about the economics and efficiency of easy money.
The Military is as corrupt as the Police and are competing with the thieves in National Assembly
grin
Read Wat u wrote.. Military rule.. of course d Head of State is a military man n automatically d GCFR.. OBJ made d President (A Civilians) d head of d military.. this is a civilian govt.. not military.. this is democracy..
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by pacino26(m): 9:35pm On Mar 06, 2020
realokopi:
The operational allowance is not 24k

I read from the report o can you quote the right amount?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2020
That 24k was just a token gift the chief of Army staff gave the soldiers.
Operation allowance is 2000 daily which amounts to 60k monthly but 15k is deducted from everybody's allowance for central feeding which brings the money down to 45k monthly. And if the month is 31 days it's 46,500 naira.
pacino26:

I read from the report o can you quote the right amount?
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Ohraykon: 10:08pm On Mar 06, 2020
supercase1:

I think u don't understand how world politics are been played pls try to enlighten urself and argue with facts not emotional outbursts
which mumu facts do u think u are talking to a ignorant person. As if we dont know how this world works na today devilish world. Politics fire! As if we dont know its all drama upon drama yet dis same guys hang out together in code come outside and deceive the world. Next time think well before u reply me with impulse.
Re: Boko Haram: Soldiers Petition Buhari, Buratai Over 'Embezzlement' Of Allowances by Fuckyoumod: 9:31am On Oct 29, 2020
donbachi:
200 hun...for cigarette allowance and the so called nass members are collecting hundred of thousands for tea allowance...and e remain make dem ask for sneezing and shiit allowance..chai!..soldiers make una no worry,GOD will protect and keep u all..IJN.
are you a soldier? Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

Soldiers are anti civilians, if you see the way they intimidate, maltreat, dehumanize, oppress and torture innocent civilians I swear you shouldn't sympathize with any soldier whether dead or alive.

If you see they way they murdered innocent protesters in Lekki.

I swear since civilians can't deal with them, let their senior officers continue to frustrate them.

Nonsense people!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Wins Tomorrow's Presidential Election In Nigeria? / Gov. Candidate Begs Girl Who Refused To Stop Fasting After His Election Loss.PIC / Kogi APC Primaries.... Audu Declared Winner!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.