Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

How Can I Figure Out What Makes Me Happy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Figure Out What Makes Me Happy? (497 Views)

What Makes You Unique As A Person? / Mexican Mum Horrified, Spotting Ghostly Figure Pushing Daughter Down Slide(Pix) / "My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Figure Out What Makes Me Happy? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
Felt like sharing

Answer from Antti Vanhanen (Quora)

So here’s the thing:

Nothing in the world makes us happy.

Nothing.

Not money. Not Success. Not sex. Not fame. Not luxury. Not relationships. Not perfect looks.

If they did, the people with the perfect abs or those who live in the biggest and nicest homes would be the happiest people.

But just look around and you will see that you can’t find this in reality.

Handsome people are just as miserable and stressed as everyone else.

People with lots of money have just as much stress and dissatisfaction as you and me.

That’s because happiness doesn’t come from “out there”.

It’s 100% an inside job.

When joy arises inside, you then radiate that into the world through your words and actions.

Happiness, therefore, is an expression of our inner joy, not a product of what we do.

Viktor Frankl once astutely observed that “Happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue.”

If you spend your life chasing happiness, all you are doing is confirming to yourself that which you don’t have, which is to say you are making yourself more miserable.

Happiness is merely an expression of what is felt within.

To find happiness, stop searching for happiness.

Instead, return to this moment right here, right now. This is life.

However it feels, it feels.

If it is unpleasant and stressful, let it be that way.

If it is uncertain or awkward, let it be that way.

The less you resist what is - i.e. reality - the more quickly life flows and becomes something else.

And before long, you will have forgotten all about you and your expectations for life, and you will be joyfully doing what you do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Figure Out What Makes Me Happy? by misreal(m): 11:14pm On Mar 05, 2020
Just give yourself sometime.in other to get to know yourself, you must spend time with yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Figure Out What Makes Me Happy? by Kingpinukecy(m): 11:52pm On Mar 05, 2020
Nooil:
Felt like sharing

Answer from Antti Vanhanen (Quora)

So here’s the thing:

Nothing in the world makes us happy.

Nothing.

Not money. Not Success. Not sex. Not fame. Not luxury. Not relationships. Not perfect looks.

If they did, the people with the perfect abs or those who live in the biggest and nicest homes would be the happiest people.

But just look around and you will see that you can’t find this in reality.

Handsome people are just as miserable and stressed as everyone else.

People with lots of money have just as much stress and dissatisfaction as you and me.

That’s because happiness doesn’t come from “out there”.

It’s 100% an inside job.

When joy arises inside, you then radiate that into the world through your words and actions.

Happiness, therefore, is an expression of our inner joy, not a product of what we do.

Viktor Frankl once astutely observed that “Happiness cannot be pursued; it must ensue.”

If you spend your life chasing happiness, all you are doing is confirming to yourself that which you don’t have, which is to say you are making yourself more miserable.

Happiness is merely an expression of what is felt within.

To find happiness, stop searching for happiness.

Instead, return to this moment right here, right now. This is life.

However it feels, it feels.

If it is unpleasant and stressful, let it be that way.

If it is uncertain or awkward, let it be that way.

The less you resist what is - i.e. reality - the more quickly life flows and becomes something else.

And before long, you will have forgotten all about you and your expectations for life, and you will be joyfully doing what you do.

Dream Light
Re: How Can I Figure Out What Makes Me Happy? by EliteDude(m): 12:15am On Mar 06, 2020
Anytime I am well relaxed! Damn, its like a stream overflowing. I feel very happy.

So anytime i feel pain, anger or hurt, I plug in my ear phones, after listening to about 3 to 4 tracks,
That feeling gives me butterflies!!!

Relaxed mood = Happy mood

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Figure Out What Makes Me Happy? by Lawgod247: 12:24am On Mar 06, 2020
Ok
Re: How Can I Figure Out What Makes Me Happy? by Belafonte(m): 5:05am On Mar 06, 2020
misreal:
Just give yourself sometime.in other to get to know yourself, you must spend time with yourself.

Perfect, response.

@Ephetar, this is what I was trying to explain in your thread
Re: How Can I Figure Out What Makes Me Happy? by sholay2011(m): 5:42am On Mar 06, 2020
Holy Ghost gives me the true JOY.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Figure Out What Makes Me Happy? by Skepticus: 2:27pm On Mar 07, 2020
Go leap over the Third Mainland Bridge, and you'll figure it out!
Re: How Can I Figure Out What Makes Me Happy? by Greatzeus(m): 2:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
Me I am happy okay and sure knows things that do.
First,I Hate drama and avoid anything that takes away my peace of mind or makes me restless.
Knowing that my Mum and siblings are fine wherever they are gives me joy and happiness.
Knowing that God has forgiven me my sins and he is there by my side gives me joy.
Giving to the needy makes me happy. Certain Genres of music too. Eating fruits, Vanilla ice cream and yoghurt gives me butterflies in my tummy.
Knowing I can buy anything I need makes me so much happy too. All glory to God

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

19 Year Old Wife From Kano Wants To Abort Pregnancy & Leave Her Husband / .. / Ponmo Ijebu, 25 Pieces For 1,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.