Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) (66008 Views)

NGOs And Fake Data Generation In Nigeria By Temisan Okomi / Good News In Italy: Church, Cemetery Filled With COVID-19 Bodies Is Empty(Pics) / Lagos State Government Reacts To Fake News About Corona Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Capalot: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
pharmacologist,biochemist,and microbiologists even profs,lecturers relating to these are in a crucial state now .....thinking hard so as to make fame.
am not referring to those below 2nd class lower. Kilo kan awon yen
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by kingxsamz(m): 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2020
Most Nigerians are bound to believe whatever is being dished out to them online....
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Alagboo: 3:51pm On Mar 06, 2020
helinues:
@̷̷ ̷̷o̷̷p̷̷ ̷̷s̷̷e̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷3̷̷3̷̷1̷̷0̷̷ ̷̷D̷̷o̷̷n̷̷ ̷̷d̷̷e̷̷y̷̷ ̷̷b̷̷r̷̷o̷̷w̷̷s̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷n̷̷i̷̷?̷̷
̷̷
̷̷O̷̷r̷̷g̷̷a̷̷n̷̷i̷̷s̷̷e̷̷ ̷̷t̷̷h̷̷i̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷n̷̷e̷̷w̷̷s̷̷ ̷̷n̷̷o̷̷w̷
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by sagieramos(m): 4:01pm On Mar 06, 2020
Freetech:
Pepper soup own crack me wella

How can someone open his mouth to claim pepper soup can cure virus

The ingredients inside pepper soup, such as black pepper can strengthen the immune system, hence combating any viruses especially cold. That's why pepper soup is given to anyone that has fever.
Technically, pepper soup can fight against coronavirus.
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Alagboo: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
Mistaicey2288:
Gh̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅G̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅!̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅N̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅.̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅I̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅k̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅C̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅v̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅p̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅,̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅p̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅N̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅k̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅m̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅p̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅j̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅k̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅y̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅f̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅E̲̲̅̅b̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅.̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅W̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅'̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅v̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅b̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅y̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅c̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅y̲̲̅̅.̲̲̅̅.̲̲̅̅.̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅N̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅v̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅b̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅.̲̲̅̅.̲̲̅̅.̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅I̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅m̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅v̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅y̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅b̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅m̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅y̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅I̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅m̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅b̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅h̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅C̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅v̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅N̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅j̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅w̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅b̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅d̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅y̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅g̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅À̲̲̅̅m̲̲̅̅à̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅à̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅i̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅a̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅F̲̲̅̅A̲̲̅̅L̲̲̅̅S̲̲̅̅E̲̲̅̅!̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅U̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅l̲̲̅̅e̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅s̲̲̅̅ ̲̲̅̅c̲̲̅̅o̲̲̅̅u̲̲̅̅n̲̲̅̅t̲̲̅̅r̲̲̅̅y̲̲̅̅.̲̲̅̅.̲̲̅̅.̲̅
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Mistaicey2288: 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2020
[quote author=Alagboo post=87219075][/quote]

I love this. Please how did you do it
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
SocialFinance:

The real problems lie with the Nigerian media and bloggers.

Punch Newspaper used to be a very disciplined and reliable outlet until they allow politicians spoil them. Can you see they top the misinformation outlet in Africa.
Punch news did not top any list.
It was not even a piece of fake news.

Fake news has a specific meaning. It does not mean a news that you don't like neither is a slanted
opinion piece a piece of fake news.
Learn to read and understand.
Yes, the BBC also publish "fake" news.
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Alagboo: 4:34pm On Mar 06, 2020
Mistaicey2288:

I love this. Please how did you do it
you wanna learn
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
Useless BBC propaganda.
I expect them to start with the fake news and conspiracy theories that are spreading widely
in the UK regarding the coronavirus. Is charity not supposed to begin at home?

As usual, some uncritical Nigerians have latched unto the narrative.
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Mistaicey2288: 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Alagboo:
you wanna learn

Yezur! I wanna learn ooo smiley
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Alagboo: 4:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
Mistaicey2288:

Yezur! I wanna learn ooo smiley
Lol,
Ok! Later
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by mofedamijo(m): 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
Aidejay:
If they like let them spend 500 billion dollars on NTA it will never match nor rival the likes of BBC.
cause I've never seen a national asslicking media service as NTA before. The sad thing now is that foreign media is now our go to outlet for info. When a foreign country is feeding your people news yet you expect them to be responsive and supportive.

You totally forget that their representative in Nigeria is a Nigerian, and that representative is responsible for the making of this piece of information you just read........Nigeria's will give you value for money. The reason why NTA and others have failed is because Mr. Director has decided to put his nephew who doesn't know anything, or his girlfriend's sister, hence the horrible job. But trust me, the person who helped reveal all of this is a Nigerian.
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Litmus: 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2020
DModeCntStopMe:
shocked

Everything about Africa and Africans are always different.

This virus has been in other continents and there were no such news as this food has the cure or an infected patient trying to sneak out or run away or a fake taxi that carried a fake Italia man getting infected and threatening to spread it if not given some money etc..

But as soon as it landed in Africa, gbam! (That is if is in Africa because Africans can lie for Africa) rumours started flying from left
, right and center

African leaders started praying for the virus to come into their country so they could embezzle money through it.

Even in a certain African country, the comm. of health of a particular state in the country claimed a ghost who is an Italian brought the virus in, after sometime they claimed he wanted to run away, few moments later they said he was recovering and amala seems to be a cure etc...

Blacks esp the ones in Africa see everything as an opportunity that should cashed in on.

My God please, in my next world, you can make me an air/stone in the western world than a human in Africa

Africa is sick!

Nigeria is vibrant, Nigerians inventive; Africans just have to be more nuanced in how they take news and learn to priorities evidence. Nigeria has always been a Nation of Scuttlebutt, Carry-Go-Bring-Come, which is why Nigerians generally make good novelists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xYRo8_Rxo

Nigeria's Tattafo Syndrome
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by yeman1(m): 5:31pm On Mar 06, 2020
If it is true, why can't they published the Italian man's name like they did during Ebola period?
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 8:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
yeman1:
If it is true, why can't they published the Italian man's name like they did during Ebola period?
You still dey argue?

You no know where Yaba dey?
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by chatinent: 9:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Corruption + Fake news + world poverty village = Nigeria.
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Legendguru: 9:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
smiley
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Fejimummy: 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
Detox patches are your safe and simple way to cleansing and detoxifying your body. By wearing these detox patches to bed at night, you can safely and easily
1. Remove heavy metal toxins
2. Sleep better
3. Help you lose weight
4. Relieve pain
5. Reduce swelling in legs and feet
6. Strengthen immune system
7. Feel more energetic
If you are looking for more energy, more stamina, and relieve from pains and swellings, these Detox patches made from wood vinegar can just be the answer for you. these detox foot patches offer a safe and easy way to remove harmful chemical toxins from your body. just place the foot patches on the sole of both feet and go to sleep. In the morning just peel them off and throw away.
There is no simpler way to detoxify your body. These detox foot patches offer the perfect solution to cleansing and removing harmful chemical and toxins from your system. These special herbal formula in the detox foot patches helps removes body toxicity while you sleep.
https:///H46PytwHFRJ2g27N95w2oV
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 07, 2020
Fake news is from the top... How many of you remember

#1 = $1?

Isn't that fake government promise?
Nigeria is living under fake promises of government so the citizens are learning from them.

People should be serious over important issues.
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by L1lma(f): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
Wen d minister of health want to turn all of us to fooling naija....no Corona virus in naija
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by yeman1(m): 8:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
Okoroawusa:

You still dey argue?

You no know where Yaba dey?

And u Don go visit am ?
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 8:41pm On Mar 07, 2020
yeman1:

And u Don go visit am ?
Na you wey dey doubt need visit am to confirm for yourself
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by yeman1(m): 8:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Na you wey dey doubt need visit am to confirm for yourself

All na propaganda .. there's no corona virus anywhere in Nigeria.. wake up
Re: Coronavirus And Fake News In Nigeria - BBC (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 10:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
yeman1:

All na propaganda .. there's no corona virus anywhere in Nigeria.. wake up
We know...

Just help us go Yaba go check the Italian.. that's all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"narun" Is Killing My Skin Pls What's The Cure To It? / Nigerian Doctor Recovers, Discharges From Quarantine / How Safe Is Sniper/ Go 90 For Mosquito Control?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.