Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,645 members, 7,955,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:40 PM

Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday (6823 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Official Photos From Desmond Elliot’s Inauguration Yesterday / Thugs Invade INEC Office In Agege. Chaos Ensues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Caliente(m): 12:56pm On Dec 21, 2010
[size=13pt]Minister of Information said what?! JEHOVA I don die! He should be Minister for Disinformation. LMAO![/size]
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by dammytosh: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2010
"Murtala Mohammed was killed on February 13, 1976 in an abortive coup attempt led by Lt.Col Buka Suka Dimka, when his car was ambushed while en route to his office at Dodan Barracks, Lagos."

Though not a good experience to be inside traffic but we can't take chances. Not even when Atiku is threatening for a change at ALL cost and for your information. The same thing happened in the Obasanjo and Yaradua days too.

I remember d pilot hovering in the sky for 54mins when we were refused landing because yaradua was preparing to leave abuja for lagos.

Lets face reality and stop Politicizing every small issue. THE PRESIDENT is the PRESIDENT.

Take it or die struggling to leave it

---My Opinion
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by tomiade1(m): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2010
Mobinga:

Gbam. Thread Locked  cool

grin grin
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by staticlink: 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2010
baby.me:

The President MAY not be the one that asked the bridge to be closed. You guys should remember that this is Naija and i strongly believe whoever ordered the closure of the bridge didn't get the directive from the President. Just my 2 cents wink
Regardless, even a blind man can attest to the traffic situation in gidi on a normal day, common sense is what is needed. Then again it isn't common
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by ABIAZIEMO: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2010
instead of gej to be securing political points he is only busy loosing the little he has, god help him
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 21, 2010
Caliente you're a legend. Your post was so descriptive, I had to use the first sentence as my status update on facebook. I acknowledged you as the author ofcourse.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by tomiade1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2010
Fortissimo:

Caliente you're a legend. Your post was so descriptive, I had to use the first sentence as my status update on facebook. I acknowledged you as the author ofcourse.

same thing i did!
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2010
Very interesting comments, abeg make una leave Jonah. Im go collect im own blessing. Being in holdup for 3-5 hours is worth the blessing, smiley We will win the world cup in Brazil, become a world power in 2020, and have no more energy problems next year. NO BE GOD!!!!!!!
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by SmashingM(f): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2010
No need to point accusing fingers at GEJ. He never asked your people to block the road. Your people did that as a sign of respect to him without thoughts of you in their minds.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by la1(m): 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2010
@ seun your precious forum has been over run by retards and toddlers, sad effing shame.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by apoti(m): 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2010
I had to trek back to Obalende after an hour by that time everywhere was blocked still the guy with two balls, one D!C.K, a bayelsa hat and whose good luck is his superiors bad luck didn't come out. Finally I made it home just in time to miss the 10:00 news. God help us!
[quote][/quote]

LWKMD  grin  grin
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by philip0906(m): 2:09pm On Dec 21, 2010
give honour 2 whom honour is doom
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 21, 2010
@SmashingM: what exactly do you mean by your people? I thought everyone here was nigerian lipsrsealed
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by papiwater: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2010
@ dammytosh
Murtala Mohammed's car in which he was killed, was not a bullet proof car (still at the museum in Lagos, beside city mall). With development today, the President has access to the best technology available in the world - bullet proof car inclusive at whatever cost. What happened yesterday was nothing more than irresponsibility of our leaders and GEJ seems to be no better than the others. What on earth happened to being moved using a chopper, or moving at non-peak periods in a metropolis like lagos. There is absolutely no excuse for this irresponsible behaviour. Leaders are meant to serve the people, not for leaders to make life more miserable for the people as we see around here.
I'm out.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Winnerslfc(m): 2:39pm On Dec 21, 2010
Hmm! Hmm!
@oyb,
How many dolars did you collect from Atiku before quoting this the silly blog post you quoted earlier. I mean, what the heck is wrong with GEJ's out-right humility before GOD?
Infact, this thread is a whole lot of rubbish. Is the first time we are experiencing traffic jams?
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by anonimi: 2:40pm On Dec 21, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM (or email) and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by namdo(m): 2:56pm On Dec 21, 2010
na wa for naija, nothing dey eva please una. Hold up for Presido cool so what? I agree that an alternative means of transport could have been used but it has happened, we need to bury the hatchet pls. grin, move on.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by haboosa(m): 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2010
It was a terrible experience yesterday, can you imagine that i spent 3 hours from Allen avenue to Ogba, even people that want to travell from Lagos to my home town would have been feeling at home already grin grin
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by cyril10(m): 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2010
I just wonder when some people here will start reasoning without being baised, let us be fair when posting. We all know the traffic situation in lagos in most cases.

As for JEG going to RCCG camp for prayers, do not forget that Buhari equally went to see Pastor Adeboye few weeks ago, why should JEG's own be different is it becouse he is the president? dont forget he is still human. Lets atleast respect our leaders, i believe that God has the final say about who becomes the next president of this country. Regards.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Meldrick(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2010
ojanta:

@stine b, d president or the govt who has the upper saying, u expect lagos govt to tell the president where to follow, or u just want to talk, protocol do u even understand the meaning of protocol, guy guy, guy , ok say something talk anything but always use your brains b4 u conclud.

I REVIEWED YOUR POST ON THIS ISSUE AND SOMEONE CALLED YOU AN I.D.I.O.T. I MAYBE THAT PERSON WAS CORRECT BUT I'M TEMPTED TO CALL YOU ODOYO/ ODINGO.

SO YOU BELIEVE GEJ WILL ORDER THAT THE BRIDGE BE CLOSED BECAUSE HE IS COMING?
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by ritapearl(f): 3:48pm On Dec 21, 2010
web_master:

The Traffic in front of my office(Campbell Street Lagos Island) was mad also overheard people saying 3rd mainland was blocked!!!!,  Well it took me 3 bottles of Big stout and some nkwobi for the traffic to clear out. Left my office area at 10:30pm and got home at 11pm.

LOL!!! Funny you!!! 3 bottles of Big Stout and some nkwobi for the traffic to clear out.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by mustafar1: 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2010
i dey laugh
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Ibomade1: 4:07pm On Dec 21, 2010
Maybe GEJ needs to take tips from Governor Raji Fashola. cheesy
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by bodiaye: 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2010
"VIP Movement"-Jonathan’s Plane Prevents Mourners From Attending Oshiomhole’s Wife Burial

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/vip-movement-jonathan%E2%80%99s-plane-prevents-mourners-attending-oshiomhole%E2%80%99s-wife-burial
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by lightheart(m): 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2010
Jonathan to Fashola ati CAN : I GO CLOZ GIDI DOWN AND U CAN'T FIT TO DO ANYTHIN JOR!! OYA BET ME!!!!

drift gotten??
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by lightheart(m): 4:31pm On Dec 21, 2010
**acn.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2010
the main issue here is Gej blocking of road. Is it right or wrong? Quite true i never experience such traffic @ d bridge on my few days @ lagos but It gonna be terrible so THE ACT IS WRONG!
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Ayowumie(m): 4:40pm On Dec 21, 2010
Am not a fan of GEJ. Infact, the guy lost my vote the day he decided to keep mute in the face of crisis rocking Ogun state. However, it is always good to be objective in our arguments. Closing down of 3rd millan bridge was not caused by GEJ. The Lagos State Govt officials should be blamed for that.

A notice must have been sent to the state governor office who would in turn pass it to appropriate bodies. So, inconviniences caused through traffic must be blamed on Fashola and his administrative agencies involved in traffic regulations.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 21, 2010
dammytosh:

"Murtala Mohammed was killed on February 13, 1976 in an abortive coup attempt led by Lt.Col Buka Suka Dimka, when his car was ambushed while en route to his office at Dodan Barracks, Lagos."

Though not a good experience to be inside traffic but we can't take chances. Not even when Atiku is threatening for a change at ALL cost and for your information. The same thing happened in the Obasanjo and Yaradua days too.

I remember d pilot hovering in the sky for 54mins when we were refused landing because yaradua was preparing to leave abuja for lagos.

Lets face reality and stop Politicizing every small issue. THE PRESIDENT is the PRESIDENT.

Take it or die struggling to leave it

---My Opinion
You are right, NO PRESIDENT SHOULD TAKE CHANCES. Don't mind those criticizing GEJ, if they were the ones they will do worst than that
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by mustafar1: 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2010
Ayowumie:

Am not a fan of GEJ. Infact, the guy lost my vote the day he decided to keep mute in the face of crisis rocking Ogun state. However, it is always good to be objective in our arguments. Closing down of 3rd millan bridge was not caused by GEJ. The Lagos State Govt officials should be blamed for that.

A notice must have been sent to the state governor office who would in turn pass it to appropriate bodies. So, inconviniences caused through traffic must be blamed on Fashola and his administrative agencies involved in traffic regulations.

so do we also blame FCT minister for the roads blocked in FCT for GEJ and sometimes madam Patience?
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 21, 2010
please lets dont make mistake by voting wrongly truly all of the aspirant are not really worthy to change this country but i think gej is better.i'm just in abuja 4 d christmas and trully the places is wonderful and frankly i cant compare the amount of complain made by pppl during other govt regime and this regime so GOODLUCK IS BETTER FOR NOW UNLESS OBAMA OR SOMEONE LIKE HIM JUST APPEAR FOR THE POST.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by manony: 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2010
The first highlighted part is irrelevant to the future validity of loans. Using that argument we should probably give up on elections because they have been rigged in the past. I am not Goodluck Jonathan and hence cannot and do not need to be able to personally and "sincerely" vouch for the loan (apologies but what a very silly request to make). Too much of the country's recurrent expenditure goes to servicing the executives and legislature but it is not 50% (unless you can provide sources/references that state otherwise) so please no need to sex up figures to make your point. Based on the $3.7 billion dollar figure quoted I assume the loan refers to that passed by the legislature when the president asked for $5billion for investment in "critical infrastructure". No problem with that in itself now is there? You want development but at no cost? Privatise the power infrastructure and people cry foul, yet they want light. We need to stop being so unreasonable. Infrastructural development is not cheap, and I doubt Nigerian banks have enough capital to facilitate the loans required by government for infrastructural investment

I totally agree with you we need to stop being so unreasonable and there will be no development at no cost. But what we are having in Nigeria is no development at maximum cost and for you to raise an eyebrow to someone questioning what Nigeria wants to do with another loan will imply you know something is different about this loan compared to the past ones. So dont vouch for the proper usage of the loan but tell what you think will make it  different from other loans. For example, most people's hope for next year election being better than the last one is hinged on Jega being considered better than Iwu. So what can we say about this loan and the previous ones.
As for me saying 50% is spent on executives and legislature, you remember Sanusi said legislature consumes 25% and he has not being proved wrong; they couldnt even get him to apologise. And the legislature has said the executives get more than them, so you should see where I am coming from

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would Chris Ngige Be A Masterstroke??? / BayelsaTV Ends Live Programme After Guests Criticised Govt's Inefficiency / Dele Giwa's Mother Dies At 87

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.