Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,939 members, 7,952,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday (6820 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Official Photos From Desmond Elliot’s Inauguration Yesterday / Thugs Invade INEC Office In Agege. Chaos Ensues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by JUO(m): 5:26pm On Dec 21, 2010
Finally I made it home just in time to miss the 10:00 news
so had time to listen to those figures they call on 10:00 news (dillion,dillion)?
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2010
Are guys guys saying that the President is not aware of the traffic situation in Lagos? or is he allergic to helicopter?
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by dammytosh: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2010
papiwater:

@ dammytosh
Murtala Mohammed's car in which he was killed, was not a bullet proof car (still at the museum in Lagos, beside city mall). With development today, the President has access to the best technology available in the world - bullet proof car inclusive at whatever cost.

As much as i would have loved to share your sentiment, You fail to realize au eazy it is to get Bombs and grenades these days. Or is the car bomb proof too.

With the number of anticraft / antirocket grenade launchers surrendered by militants. I dnt expect any body to advise MR PRESIDENT TO fly so low. Lets be realistic.

THE PRESIDENT IS NOT SAFE WITH ALL THOSE MEASURES U MENTIONED. If the only way to keep him save is to block the road for the whole day please let dt be.

If HE dies and there is a war out break, we will miss more lives and time.

-- My Opinion
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by DonPedro3(m): 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2010
[b] Having read all the comments made on GEJ, i feel strongly dissapointed at the mentality of some Nigerians who seem to think they know it all. I was affected by the traffic. After spending some minutes at Idowu Taylor, I had to park my car and trek back to the Office to reLAX. Yet i didnt rain abuse on the President. If u care to know, this is the number one citizen of the Federal republic of Nigeria. Its a Shame that we have lost respect for our leaders due to our myopic and shortsighted senses. All you beefers go to Hell. Jump into the lagoon.Go to the bar beach, jump into the Ocean, come May 2011, GEJ will be inuargurated as the President of the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA. GEJ, continue. Some of you Idiots cannot win election in your House not to talk of your street. Your lack of common sense has made you forget the attrocities Atiku and IBB have perpetrated in this Country. We will meet on the field not on the INTERNET.[/b]
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by amdman: 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2010
Presidential Security
Submitted by Edson Aranthes De Nascimento (not verified) on December 19, 2010 - 00:59.
People, I live in playa vista (los angeles) which is about 5 minutes from los angeles international airport, and I can tell you that on 2 occasions that President Obama came to los angeles this year, the entire airport (as huge and busy as it is), and all roads within a 3 mile (about 4.8km) radius of the airport were completely SHUT down. And I mean absolutely no movement. So it is common practice around the world (at least in advanced nations) for this sort of thing to happen. GEJ is our man; practically hoisted to that position by God - and we SHALL respect that.

Presidential motorcade closes Olympic Blvd for three hours Monday , 51 posts - 34 authors - Last post: 17 Aug
Let the presidential motorcade go through normal traffic. End the no-fly zones. etc. He's a President, an elected official, not a king. ,
www.freerepublic.com/focus/bloggers/2572259/posts - Cached
Get more discussion results

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcade

The above and more show that its common practice worldwide to take extra security measures with presidential motorcade and aircraft. Infact just google presidential motorcade or check out wikipedia to see and read countless instances of such wordwide.

So if security consciousness calls for it, then its better to do it.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by amdman: 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2010
Obamaphobes freak out as presidential motorcade causes traffic jam
August 17th, 2010 at 08:41am Pat Cunningham

THIS PIECE, which was prominently touted this morning by the Drudge Report (of course), is an example how petty and ridiculous Obamaphobia has become.

An excerpt (take notice of the snide reference to “Hollywood insiders…having a fancy fundraiser”):

I am coming to you live from the center of the worst traffic jam I have ever seen in my life. I’ve been trapped here for over three hours because President Obama and a group of Hollywood insiders are having a fancy fundraiser.

Someone apparently decided that Obama’s $30,000-a-plate dinner at the house of “West Wing” producer John Wells necessitated shutting down most of the major east-west through streets in Los Angeles.

Apparently, it didn’t occur to the author of that little article that blame for any logistical problems should be aimed at the cops and city officials, not at Obama. But then, some folks are inclined to blame the president for anything and everything. That’s why we call them Obamaphobes.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by MaJBlige(f): 6:28pm On Dec 21, 2010
and this made it to the front page of NairaLand.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by eros(m): 6:44pm On Dec 21, 2010
The Traffic in front of my office(Campbell Street Lagos Island) was mad also overheard people saying 3rd mainland was blocked!!!!, Well it took me 3 bottles of Big stout and some nkwobi for the traffic to clear out. Left my office area at 10:30pm and got home at 11pm.

My man. In the same situation, i would have done exactly the same thing. Except i would have taken catfish pepper soup. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by SkyBlue1: 7:03pm On Dec 21, 2010
manony:

I totally agree with you we need to stop being so unreasonable and there will be no development at no cost. But what we are having in Nigeria is no development at maximum cost and for you to raise an eyebrow to someone questioning what Nigeria wants to do with another loan will imply you know something is different about this loan compared to the past ones. So dont vouch for the proper usage of the loan but tell what you think will make it  different from other loans. For example, most people's hope for next year election being better than the last one is hinged on Jega being considered better than Iwu. So what can we say about this loan and the previous ones.
As for me saying 50% is spent on executives and legislature, you remember Sanusi said legislature consumes 25% and he has not being proved wrong; they couldnt even get him to apologise. And the legislature has said the executives get more than them, so you should see where I am coming from

No development at maximum cost? ? ? With regards to second part, refer to my previous post. Do I need to know 'something is different' about this loan to be able to understand that we would probably need a lot of money to be invested in infrastructure? I can't vouch for this loan (whatever that means) and I can't tell that it would be different from other loans because I am not Jonathan, that however, does not nullify the fact that Nigeria would very likely need to obtain loans if the government is to invest heavily in infrastructure (which is indeed a very important and capital intensive investment).

When you say things like 50% and 25%, it is good if you actually specify because then I know you actually understand what you are saying. 50% of what exactly? 25% of what? I hope you know it is not 25% of the budget, you know that right? ? I agree it is darn too high and outrageous, but no need to start throwing out numbers and percentages like water just to make a point. Sanusi argued that 25% of recurrent expenditure is spent on the legislature, so I am guessing you decided to do a simple extrapolation yourself and throw out 50% to arrive at that including the legislature? Now please do tell, how many legislatures do we have and how many people encompass the executives?
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by dayokanu(m): 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2010
Can anything good come out of PDP?
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by blacksta(m): 8:05pm On Dec 21, 2010
dayokanu:

Can anything good come out of PDP?

absolute noting good can come out of evil
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Caliente(m): 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2010
[size=13] Fortissimo and tomi_ade
Thanx for your compliment, I try.
Back to the issue, I want to know did GEJ finally go through those route blocked for safety and for our torture?
[/size]
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Caliente(m): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2010
[size=13pt]Fortissimo and tomi_ade Thanx for your compliment, I try.
Back to the issue, I want to know did GEJ finally go through those route blocked for his safety and for our torture?[/size]
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by ThinkRait: 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2010
If all men react before thinking, the world is doomed.

Some 5 years ago when then Vice President Atiku Abubakar visited Rivers State, Port Harcourt's best road- Aba Road- was closed. Why?
Ex- President Olusegun Obasanjo visited Rivers state about 13 times during his eight-year tenure and each visit comes with not only traffic gridlock but also fuel scarcity. Why?

Most MD/CEOs in Nigeria move around with Siren blaring security convoys. Why?

Nairalanders, Lets be rational.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by violent(m): 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2010
still the guy with two balls, one D!C.K, a bayelsa hat and whose good luck is his superiors bad luck didn't come out

Legendary description!
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by mikijagga(m): 9:56pm On Dec 21, 2010
Hey, the topic of this post is inappropriate and malicious, it only puts the blame on someone's feet. You forget he is not the chief executive of that state. Is it the first time a president will visit a state capital abi another thing follow
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by MeGaStReEt: 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2010
The other day at Bayelsa, Mr. President complained that the security should allow him some freedom to see/speak to the people he wants to speak to, and some eediot here on NL insulted him for making such statement.

We should think very well before we make comment, its not compulsory that everybody must comment on every topic. If you dont have anything to say, passby and go to another thread
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by dlox147(m): 3:21am On Dec 22, 2010
guyz,u cant blame GEJ for this now,
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by akwaowoudo(m): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2010
dammytosh:
If the only way to keep him save is to block the road for the whole day please let dt be.

If HE dies and there is a war out break, we will miss more lives and time.

-- My Opinion
Yeah! Right words. There's no way one can pospone evil day but you try to avoid evil. It's sad that they wasted all those time dissipating energy but it is good to be late than late. Nigeria is a place one has to be extremely careful. @ OP
If you die, the people shout "oh!" but i bet you if Jonathan dies, it may result in war. Never allow ethnic hatred make you type rubbish. Okay!
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by coolguyz(m): 9:05am On Dec 22, 2010
a simple question i have for all those insulting the President. . . . was the traffic on 3rd mainland of yesternyt (21st december 2010) caused by Jonathan as well?

i was in that traffic for over 3hours. . . . traffic on 3rd mainland at 11.30pm and i'm sure lots were caught up in it. . . . who's to blame cos i expect yu guys to start another thread cos of that and rain all the insults as well. while not thumbing up wat happened wt the GEJ traffic, but security protocol anywhere in the world remains the same. . . . if the security aides feel that is what it takes to ensure his safety so be it. . . how its done may be wrong and that should be the issue of discuss on how they could have gone about it wt less inconvenience to the public and not all this mouth running insulting the president like he put up the road blocks himself.

while i aint a GEJ apologist, the fact remains that he is still the President of this great republic and the office deserves some respect!
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by k4kenny(f): 9:21am On Dec 22, 2010
not only road users suffered on mon. we were stuck in abj airport for hours cos the president was due to land. 8pm flight was delayed for over  2hours. we didnt get home til midnyt. wasnt the most pleasant experience.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Yoshiyuki(m): 10:17am On Dec 22, 2010
Also got caught in the traffic snarl, spent 3 hrs in my car listening to my ipod till the battery ran out!!!!!

The 2nd picture is from Eko bridge where we had to reverse down the bridge against incoming traffic cos it was gridlocked, only to end up on 3rd mainland bridge cursing my luck.

Yesterday's traffic was equally horrible on 3rd mainland? any body know why?

I'm off to the UK this week, better snowed in than traffic jammed!

Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Yoshiyuki(m): 10:29am On Dec 22, 2010
Reading the posts and it seems some people are missing the point.

While it may be necessary to cordone off certain routes as a security precaution for Mr president, I expect his security detail to have his travel itinerary and so they only have to block off the routes a few minutes before he passes or at least provide alternative routes for motorists. that is just being responsible.

I put it on the over zealous and inefficient security personnel that abbrogate all sorts of power to themselves, call it Al-Mustapha syndrome
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by otokx(m): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2010
Our leaders are so insensitive and wicked that is why they are afraid of their shadows. Few of them can hardly drive themselves personally and stay on queue like their fellow Nigerians. The vice president did the same thing in Port Harcourt 2 weeks ago.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by mrofficial(m): 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
GEJ or JEG, whether na JEGA, Please stay in Abuja or go to Bayelsa and cause heavy traffic. Don't come to lagos again.

Who is saint in PDP? angry angry angry You guys should wake up.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by foyeks2001(f): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2010
it's no big deal to us living in Abuja, we are used to it,
@poster
didnt u see policemen backing his entourage?atleast 1km from each other even less than that in some cases
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2010
@Ojanta, It wl nt be ungentlemanly if I label A COMPOUND FOOL 4 ur utterances against d gospel I made use of in my post earlier. Respect ur Leaders with constructive criticism! Thank U jare sky_blue
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by lili512(f): 3:06pm On Dec 22, 2010
GEJ remains the president of this nation & who ever that have the fear of God in him/her will never talk bad/rudely against him cos the bible commands us to respect those in authority which he GEJ happens to be d no 1 man in Nigeria. so my suggestion is dat u send wayforward opinion rather than criticising him.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Caliente(m): 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2010
coolguyz:

a simple question i have for all those insulting the President. . . . was the traffic on 3rd mainland of yesternyt (21st december 2010) caused by Jonathan as well?

i was in that traffic for over 3hours. . . . traffic on 3rd mainland at 11.30pm and i'm sure lots were caught up in it. . . . [bold] who's to blame[/bold] cos i expect yu guys to start another thread cos of that and rain all the insults as well. while not thumbing up wat happened wt the GEJ traffic, but security protocol anywhere in the world remains the same. . . . if the security aides feel that is what it takes to ensure his safety so be it. . . [bold]how its done may be wrong and that should be the issue of discuss on how they could have gone about it wt less inconvenience to the public[/bold] and not all this mouth running insulting the [bold]president like he put up the road blocks himself.
[/bold]

while i aint a GEJ apologist, the fact remains that he is still the President of this great republic and the office deserves some respect!

[size=13pt]If the sun was so hot that it killed off crops, who do you blame? If some supposed sane person purposely set a huge fire that kills the crops because of his selfish interest, who do you blame?

My major concern was how they did, it was ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY WRONG. I dont care who ordered it. Be it the president or a Yaba Left resident I dont care.
[/size]
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Caliente(m): 3:41pm On Dec 22, 2010
[size=13pt]@ Lili512
Tell me truthfully, did you ever criticize, talk bad, insult, abuse, curse, etc Sani Abacha when he the head of Nigeria?
[/size]
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Viviacious: 9:13am On Dec 23, 2010
Wow, only heard about the traffic situation from my pals 24 hours later. I work and live on the mainland now, my VI days are over. I was even home by 5pm that day and didnt experience any traffic on the mainland. But at then again, I was I was driving against against traffic either way. Sorry to all the fellas that were affected by the traffic. Na so we see am o, no be say other presidents no dey this world o and something called helicopters are not yet invented!!!!.
Re: Gej's Traffic Chaos Yesterday by Taiw(m): 6:12pm On Dec 23, 2010
why do we like deceiving ourselves?why are we carried away by little tins.i can't believe it that someone actually told me he'll vote for GEJ jus because he went to church and knelt down b4 d pastor.My question is why did he not do the same thing 3,4 or even 5 years ago.Its just for his campaign.everytin he is doin is for campaign.Don't let us be carried.He is no different frm other politician.
What has he even achieved since he became vice president.He has failed to actualize the 7 point agenda by yar adua.what about the crises in niger-delta, has it been resolved?or shud we talk about privatization of PHCN, what benefit is that for nigerians wen they start payin outrageous bill or even for the economy.i can go on and on.if he can't handle petty matters like this, what makes us think he can handle the nation. Look at what is going on in the house.Like i told someone they are all thieves in a sheep clothing. Obasanjo did the same thing and we know wat happened.we all saw the bombings dat happened in abj even when they were told it was going to happen and also heard of how the machines meant for the election was stolen.How could he have been so careless.This means he can't be trusted for the lives of nigerians.We all see what Fashola is doing, we don't need any soothsayer to tell us dat he is trying.i'm yet to see any extraordinary thing that GEJ has done for this country.Eastern university are striking and nobody is saying anything or should we talk about roads, jus go to niger state and see a federal road that links the north from the south is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dele Giwa's Mother Dies At 87 / SDP Dissociates The Party From The Endorsement Of Atiku / Insecurity: Benue State To Launch Security Outfit Before May Ending.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.