Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. (4080 Views)

Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary / M&D Holdings Limited Needs Civil Engineers / Husband Of Woman Who Carried Placard Rejects KBK Foundation's Job, Wants N200k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 06, 2020
engrchykae:
hahahaha, especially the opportunity to run away from nagging wives.

One of my colleagues has that habit. He rarely leaves work before 8pm and comes in very early in the morning. We always rib him about his office being his safe space from his wife.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by mattiecute(f): 7:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
This is not a valid reason to deny someone a job. Women are really the enemies of themselves.

Nonsense
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
mattiecute:
This is not a valid reason to deny someone a job. Women are really the enemies of themselves.

Nonsense

Yes it is o. It is a loss to the business.
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by lilyheaven: 8:08pm On Mar 06, 2020
For professional reasons, he is right.
Pregnancy delays productivity
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by ednut1(m): 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ayotemide:

Tbh you irked me at insinuating that there might be comparison in not hitting women and not having them on some jobs. I might get your point without the unnecessary banter there. If the employer considers women a liability that should be indicated in the job description, I should not need to make a trip to an interview and be told before I even speak that I am unqualified on the basis of gender.

Also many women exist working in hard and laborious conditions and do well. Having the Xx chromosomes not an impediment to what can be achieved physically and being male does not make you qualified either
its an engineering job in what looks like a one man business she should try standard companies with enough staff. Madam one man business will not be able.to deal with female insecurities, menstrual cramp absence, pregnancy/mat leave, marriage wahala. Such is life
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 06, 2020
Audio
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Tallesty1(m): 11:03pm On Mar 06, 2020
movingclouds:

Exactly, you really made sense my brother. People seem to think in one direction, thinking it's a world against the women. There are definitely jobs women easily get more than men. In my job as well, there's always a time frame and it's either in the scorching sun or a heavy rainfall, and so much power is involved. No one would hire a woman for such a job
Victim mentality clogs their reasoning.

100% of garbage truck drivers and loaders are men.
100% of sewage cleaners are men

But it's all okay.

But when it comes to a job in a well air-conditioned office, they will drag you for equality.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Tallesty1(m): 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ayotemide:

Tbh you irked me at insinuating that there might be comparison in not hitting women and not having them on some jobs.
I annoy people a lot and I do it unapologetically.

Of course there is, not hitting a woman not because she's human but because she's a woman is discrimination based on sex - favorable sexism.

Denying a woman job because she's a woman is also a discrimination based on sex - unfavorable sexism.

Women generally love favorable sexism/patriarchy

Ayotemide:

I might get your point without the unnecessary banter there. If the employer considers women a liability that should be indicated in the job description, I should not need to make a trip to an interview and be told before I even speak that I am unqualified on the basis of gender.
Did she actually attend the interview? I read that she was supposed to be fore it got canceled
Ayotemide:

Also many women exist working in hard and laborious conditions and do well. Having the Xx chromosomes not an impediment to what can be achieved physically and being male does not make you qualified either
We are saying the same thing, it all boils down to the employers choice.

I told earlier that I was nearly denied a job because I didn't appear physically strong enough to be selected and I am not a woman.

Like I said, if I am out to get someone to do a job for me, I go for who I believe can do it to my taste and if men are better for such jobs then men it is.

And it is all okay.
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by chiefolododo(m): 11:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ayotemide:
Her loss, Organisations with more women in managerial posititions have recorded an increase in profit by 1% according to UN study. Whoevee rejects you for the natural process of birthing is ignorant.

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by SoNature(m): 4:20am On Mar 07, 2020
tyup:
only Igbos would get pregnant in line of duty cuz they feel they're to fertile

so yeah the Ipob woman deserves to be rejected and jailed sad

I just kept laughing while I was reading this

Some of you have no shame sharing their senselessness on public forums
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by SoNature(m): 4:26am On Mar 07, 2020
Tallesty1:
If being women is a reason she won't meet up with the job requirements then yea.

If you can't hit a woman because she's a woman then denying her job because she's a woman is very okay.

But on a serious note, when it comes to jobs that require hard physical labor in an unpleasant, dangerous environment, like being suspended 100s or maybe 1000s of feet in the air or underground, an employer needs to think twice before employing a woman and it is okay.

In my line of work, timing is everything.

Sometimes you will be given a nearly impossible time frame to finish a job, funny enough these jobs are often torturous, like roasting heat or unbearable cold.

Now imagine a woman getting pregnant or experiencing menstrual pains during this time. It affects her productivity.

The last time we went to Jos to work, the only female that agreed to go with us nearly didn't make it back alive and half of her works were completed by male coworkers.

There was a time I was nearly dropped from the list of guys that will work at a certain site.

Reason?

I didn't appear physically strong enough for the job and the contractor doesn't want stories. It was my boss that stood for me.

You can't have it all, there are jobs in Nigeria that women get easier than men and we are not complaining

Marketing and customer service grin
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by mattiecute(f): 8:50am On Mar 17, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Yes it is o. It is a loss to the business.

A loss to the business indeed. Say that to all the women in your life.
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 17, 2020
mattiecute:

A loss to the business indeed. Say that to all the women in your life.

I never express any opinion here that I keep from my friends and family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ambassador Care / Finally I Got A Job Thou U Will Decide If Its A Dream Job Or Uwa Mmebi Job / Adeola Odeku Street In V. I.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.