Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,666 members, 7,809,516 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. (4074 Views)

Doctor Shares Experience With An Employer In Abuja, rejects N70K salary / M&D Holdings Limited Needs Civil Engineers / Husband Of Woman Who Carried Placard Rejects KBK Foundation's Job, Wants N200k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by nairafamedotcom: 10:38am On Mar 06, 2020
Female M.D rejects a female Engineer because she doesn’t want someone who can get pregnant in the middle of a project, Nigerian lady revealed.

See Their WhatsApp Conversations Below
https://www.nairafame.com/2020/03/i-dont-want-someone-that-will-get.html

Cc Lalasticlala

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Bola146(f): 10:41am On Mar 06, 2020
Hummmm... A woman for that matter sad
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Officialgarri: 10:42am On Mar 06, 2020
This is Engineering. It's an hectic job that requires lot of attention on site.
A day off from work, can altar the entire program of work.
Who wants to hire an engineer that might be absent from site on the day scheduled to cast concrete.

18 Likes

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by ghettokid1(m): 10:43am On Mar 06, 2020
She is right

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by nairafamedotcom: 10:47am On Mar 06, 2020
shocked
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by tyup(m): 11:56am On Mar 06, 2020
only Igbos would get pregnant in line of duty cuz they feel they're to fertile

so yeah the Ipob woman deserves to be rejected and jailed sad

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by nanakgh(m): 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
Well I'm a man, 3 months after I was employed in a great job, I fell seriously ill and had to undergo two surgeries and this kept me at home for a while, obviously. My institution lost valuable man hours due to my illness, especially since hundreds of people applied and were even interviewed for the positions. But very few of us were picked.

My point is yes, getting pregnant and especially birth keeps a women from work,(and righly so) but there are literally hundreds of things that can keep any PERSON(man or woman) from work.

Prostrate cancer?!! cheesy wink

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by rottable(m): 1:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
It is so somehow funny and also painful
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by mytime24(f): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
Lubbish

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by DeejayTeeno(m): 1:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
According to the MD.. It's her Life ND her Rules! tongue
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
Make WOMEN deal with their MATTERS.
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Elslim: 2:27pm On Mar 06, 2020
Hmm
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Roon9(m): 2:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Did she lie? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by IgiveFreebies: 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2020
I will say the same exactly.
As a woman you say no discrimination in employment opportunities with a man. I agree 100%. The problem is this, If the work requires physical strength, endurance and long man hours which are majorly attributes of men, you have to do it. I won't take "this is not for women" bullpoo excuse. I am not also ready to lose man hours with pay on top for maternity leave especially on crucial projects.

This also goes with other special cases like albinos. If you say do not discriminate, then if the job detail requires exposure to the sun then you got no excuse not to do it.

I run a for-profit organization and profit maximization comes first. Maybe my charity organization will take care of your special cases

5 Likes

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Ayotemide(f): 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Her loss, Organisations with more women in managerial posititions have recorded an increase in profit by 1% according to UN study. Whoever rejects you for the natural process of birthing is ignorant.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by chrisifeanyi: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2020
Some women doesn't go to work on their menstrual flow. They complain of stomach cramp. I can understand the MD's fear

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Mar 06, 2020
Lol, it is a against d law here in the US to do that. If u actually have proof, u don hammer be dat.

But naija...anything goes.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by BULLIONVAN4(m): 4:06pm On Mar 06, 2020
She's simply a heartless woman!
When she was seeking employment, did anyone give her such her such condition?? ??

She could simply say, she needs a sugar boy or a younger sex partner.

But girls can be so annoying when employed,
From one excuse to the other just to be absent from work (talking from experience as an employer)

The M.D could be right afterall.
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by 1stdantim(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
Good day!
Do you know that there is no self employment that is not profitable? If you are being patronized by large number of people or customers, you will always make huge profits.

There is a website that is connecting business people directly with their potential customers across Nigeria and beyond. What you just need is to get your business or skills registered!
Visit www.anthropo.com.ng now

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by BULLIONVAN4(m): 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
tyup:

so yeah the Ipob woman deserves to be rejected and jailed sad[/s]
Ndi Ara and attention seekers everywhere!

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by 9japride(m): 4:27pm On Mar 06, 2020
tyup:

so yeah the Ipob woman deserves to be rejected and jailed sad
[color=#006600][/color]

It's like this Ipob matter is really a pain for you guys. Your fears is that a breakup will end the unjust exploitation of Southern Nigeria resources. So everyday the more you guys accuss Ipob or say bad things about them, your sponsors hand you N5 per post, so that you can be able to buy data. Then continue again the next day.
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Tallesty1(m): 4:56pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ayotemide:
Her loss, Organisations with more women in managerial posititions have recorded an increase in profit by 1% according to UN study. Whoevee rejects you for the natural process of birthing is ignorant.
Sometimes you need to see things from the employers point of view
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Ayotemide(f): 5:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
Tallesty1:
Sometimes you need to see things from the employers point of view
That women should be rejected on thr basis of being women?
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by franchasng: 5:39pm On Mar 06, 2020
Officialgarri:
This is Engineering. It's an hectic job that requires lot of attention on site.
A day off from work, can altar the entire program of work.
Who wants to hire an engineer that might be absent from site on the day scheduled to cast concrete.
The world belongs to men, don't waste time explaining things angry

Ah, my head oh, who threw that stone on my head shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Tallesty1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ayotemide:

That women should be rejected on thr basis of being women?
If being women is a reason she won't meet up with the job requirements then yea.

If you can't hit a woman because she's a woman then denying her job because she's a woman is very okay.

But on a serious note, when it comes to jobs that require hard physical labor in an unpleasant, dangerous environment, like being suspended 100s or maybe 1000s of feet in the air or underground, an employer needs to think twice before employing a woman and it is okay.

In my line of work, timing is everything.

Sometimes you will be given a nearly impossible time frame to finish a job, funny enough these jobs are often torturous, like roasting heat or unbearable cold.

Now imagine a woman getting pregnant or experiencing menstrual pains during this time. It affects her productivity.

The last time we went to Jos to work, the only female that agreed to go with us nearly didn't make it back alive and half of her works were completed by male coworkers.

There was a time I was nearly dropped from the list of guys that will work at a certain site.

Reason?

I didn't appear physically strong enough for the job and the contractor doesn't want stories. It was my boss that stood for me.

You can't have it all, there are jobs in Nigeria that women get easier than men and we are not complaining.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 06, 2020
I can understand that. Soon she will be claiming 3 months maternity leave and wanting an off day every other day henceforth to attend her child's open day at school or to nurse the said sick child. She will also inform me that she cannot come for that hectic weekend where she is desperately needed because there is no one else to cook for her husband. After taking 6 months off from the year in addition to weekends and the usual public holidays, she will still be claiming that she has not been promoted or given the raise that she deserves because oga is wicked and wants to sleep with her. Who like drama? I will employ a man, he will work like a jackie for 365 days a year and be grateful on top for the meagre overtime pay he adds to his salary as well as the opportunity that the work gives him to get away from his wife's perpetual nagging.

6 Likes

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by movingclouds(m): 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
Tallesty1:
If being women is a reason she won't meet up with the job requirements then yea.

If you can't hit a woman because she's a woman then denying her job because she's a woman is very okay.

But on a serious note, when it comes to jobs that require hard physical labor in an unpleasant, dangerous environment, like being suspended 100s or maybe 1000s of feet in the air or underground, an employer needs to think twice before employing a woman and it is okay.

Sometimes you will be given a nearly impossible time frame to finish a job, funny enough these jobs are often torturous, like roasting heat or unbearable cold.

Now imagine a woman getting pregnant or experiencing menstrual pains during this time. It affects her productivity.

The last time we went to Jos to work, the only female that agreed to go with us nearly didn't make it back alive and half of her works were completed by male coworkers.

There was a time I was nearly dropped from the list of guys that will work at a certain site.

Reason?

I didn't appear physically strong enough for the job and the contractor doesn't want stories. It was my boss that stood for me.

You can't have it all, there are jobs in Nigeria that women get easier than men and we are not complaining.
Exactly, you really made sense my brother. People seem to think in one direction, thinking it's a world against the women. There are definitely jobs women easily get more than men. In my job as well, there's always a time frame and it's either in the scorching sun or a heavy rainfall, and so much power is involved. No one would hire a woman for such a job
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by Ayotemide(f): 6:34pm On Mar 06, 2020
Tallesty1:

Reason?

Tbh you irked me at insinuating that there might be comparison in not hitting women and not having them on some jobs. I might get your point without the unnecessary banter there. If the employer considers women a liability that should be indicated in the job description, I should not need to make a trip to an interview and be told before I even speak that I am unqualified on the basis of gender.

Also many women exist working in hard and laborious conditions and do well. Having the Xx chromosomes not an impediment to what can be achieved physically and being male does not make you qualified either
Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by OnpointDesign(m): 6:44pm On Mar 06, 2020
I can only imagine what the comments would have been like if this came from a man.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Want Someone That Will Get Pregnant, Female M.D Rejects Female Engr. by engrchykae(m): 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
I can understand that. Soon she will be claiming 3 months maternity leave and wanting an off day every other day henceforth to attend her child's open day at school or to nurse the said sick child. She will also inform me that she cannot come for that hectic weekend where she is desperately needed because there is no one else to cook for her husband. After taking 6 months off from the year in addition to weekends and the usual public holidays, she will still be claiming that she has not been promoted or given the raise that she deserves because oga is wicked and wants to sleep with her. Who like drama? I will employ a man, he will work like a jackie for 365 days a year and be grateful on top for the meagre overtime pay he adds to his salary as well as the opportunity that the work gives him to get away from his wife's perpetual nagging.
hahahaha, especially the opportunity to run away from nagging wives.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job At Eleme Refinery / Get Paid To Read Emails / Montaigne AH Limited Or Montaigne Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.