Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,152 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (11973 Views)

Today I Went To Work On My Pepper Farm (video/pictures) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Pictorial Details Of A Poultry Farm Project In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 8:38pm On May 27, 2020
bizzibodi:

Till d soil make raised ridges,wet d beds..planted d seeds & cover with fronds.

When u say planted the seeds you mean to say you broadcasted it right.
When pepper or other extracted seeds are not well prepared and stored it can cause the seed not to sprout.
Also make sure you buy seed from tested and trusted seed dealer or seller.
Why not buy improved or high breed seed next time
Thanks
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 2:37am On May 30, 2020
My pepper update @ 3 months and 20 days.
1 stand already got a ripped fruit smiley .....
We will also talk about space maximizing or utility where you have additional crop e.g Okro, Maize or Cassava on some heap on or bed especially if you want e.g pepper to cover your land portion but don't want to divide it.
It will be an open debate and how practicable is it.
Am doing it for the first time
Pix will be sent on the ones I have on some of my pepper heap
Thanks
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 10:56pm On May 31, 2020
As promised these are the pictures showing how I qaa able to intercrop pepper with Cocoyam, Maize, Okro and even Elegede it looks like Watermelon or Egusi when fruiting Igbo call it Ugbama or Ugbogolo.

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 11:05pm On May 31, 2020
Remember that the maize will be harvested and give way for the pepper and d pepper will give way for Cocoyam\Ugboma or Elegede after d life span is over also d Okro will give way for d pepper I guess.
Since Cocoyam leave will be large while together u can bend or cut off the Cocoyam leave it will grow again.

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by Edibleskit: 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2020
Please update this thread. I want to know if you spray pepper with insecticide or fungicide. If you use any chemicals what chemicals do you use and at what point.

Also I want to plant pepper this month, is it adviceable to plant pepper at this period. Am trying to plant ahead of December.
Thanks
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2020
Edibleskit:
Please update this thread. I want to know if you spray pepper with insecticide or fungicide. If you use any chemicals what chemicals do you use and at what point.

Also I want to plant pepper this month, is it adviceable to plant pepper at this period. Am trying to plant ahead of December.
Thanks
I use redforce and Zforce as fungicides and attache but later switched to Lara force as insecticides/pesticide. Just look for any good fungicides and pesticides. You can start spraying 1 month after transplanting and @ 2 wks interval though some spray at every week
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by Edibleskit: 9:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
veggieman2be:

I use redforce and Zforce as fungicides and attache but later switched to Lara force as insecticides/pesticide. Just look for any good fungicides and pesticides. You can start spraying 1 month after transplanting and @ 2 wks interval though some spray at every week

Thanks sir. Some suggested SAAF as fungicide and Lamdaca as insectide.
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by Edibleskit: 9:52pm On Jun 11, 2020
Also is it adviceable to use net and frond to cover the nursery b4 the time for transplanting to avoid insects and pest attacts.
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 8:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Edibleskit:

Thanks sir. Some suggested SAAF as fungicide and Lamdaca as insectide.
No issues u can use those as well
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 6:09am On Jun 22, 2020
Edibleskit:
Also is it adviceable to use net and frond to cover the nursery b4 the time for transplanting to avoid insects and pest attacts.
No issues if you can do that
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 7:04pm On Aug 14, 2020
Pepper so ridiculously cheap and to add to it for more than 3 wks now no rain. Irrigation so important on any farm to avoid stories that touches d heart. What has been our experience so far
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
Pepper so ridiculously cheap and to add to it for more than 3 wks now no rain. Irrigation so important on any farm to avoid stories that touches d heart. What has been our experience so far
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by Chioma99(f): 5:19pm On May 01, 2021
billyG:
Good day all,
I really enjoyed this pepper thread,having read from page 1 to d last,I must confess I learnt a lot from people who has been practicing pepper farming, every one gav what he has not hoarding of knowledge,I just wanna ask if d Avenir F1 seeds not germinating problem has been taking care of in subsequent batches.h
as I have plan to start a pepper farm, although I have sow d local seeds & hav 90 % germination.

please sir are you sure those local pepper seeds you planted will grow to harvest.

because the rate they keep hyping all this hybrid seeds it just seems as if we don't need to plant local seeds again.

my mum sometime planted some local ata rodo and shombo peppers and we harvested them.

but now hybrid seeds seems to be the big deal and i don't just know if someone here will tell me the difference in results of hybrid pepper seeds and the local pepper seeds been sold in markets.

i just know hybrid seeds mature for harvest faster but local seeds i just don't know of it
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by Kobojunkie: 9:12pm On May 01, 2021
veggieman2be:
Remember that the maize will be harvested and give way for the pepper and d pepper will give way for Cocoyam\Ugboma or Elegede after d life span is over also d Okro will give way for d pepper I guess.
Since Cocoyam leave will be large while together u can bend or cut off the Cocoyam leave it will grow again.
This is really a cool thread. undecided
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This is really a cool thread. undecided

Thanks
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by Chioma99(f): 8:21am On Sep 14, 2021
veggieman2be:
After reading up from Okoroemeka and Ogbongenet and from others is time to go practical.

I will be posting pictures chronologically of what I have done so far before creating these tread and updated pictures to show progress of Work.

Job done so far ( I used opv pepper seed from Igede people in Benue and Ajah people from Benin Republic )

1. Burn fire of the area ( Highly recommended by Okoroemeka ) to be used for the nursery

please how profitable is chilli pepper farming?
is it a profitable farming venture or not just that profitable.
am in Lagos and a friend of mine is looking to invest heavily on chilli pepper farming....

i want to know if there are steady buyers for it or not.

although pepper sells well but i don't really know of this chilli pepper.

please how profitable is it and how many bags can be gotten from 1000 chilli pepper stands every week?

thanks....
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 10:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
Is very profitable especially when you dry or and sell during dry season when pepper are expensive plus if you take it to market and is not been priced well you can carry it back home and dry them for storage to he sold later

Chioma99:

please how profitable is chilli pepper farming?
is it a profitable farming venture or not just that profitable.
am in Lagos and a friend of mine is looking to invest heavily on chilli pepper farming....

i want to know if there are steady buyers for it or not.

although pepper sells well but i don't really know of this chilli pepper.

please how profitable is it and how many bags can be gotten from 1000 chilli pepper stands every week?

thanks....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ask Me What You Want To Know About Snail,grasscutter Fish And Processing Machine / Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) / 8 Reasons You Should Grow A Tree Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.