Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,286 members, 7,836,264 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step (11976 Views)

Today I Went To Work On My Pepper Farm (video/pictures) / 30k Twice A Week From My Pepper Farm / Pictorial Details Of A Poultry Farm Project In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by Tohpeh(m): 12:39am On Mar 18, 2020
veggieman2be:

Just use your fingers and pinch off the top node or head. It will start forming other nodes or heads (Y)

The area to pinch off

I think I got this pix from ogbongenet thread on pepper that talked about pruning.
nice I like it
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by freshrose: 5:59am On Mar 22, 2020
veggieman2be:
6. Now the real work starts ..... I did the Nursery broadcasting in the evening doing the following ( I did the broadcasting on the 9th of Feb 2020 )

A. I used water to damp the nursery bed to make it wet and to cool the ground off

B. I used rake to further clear it off debris

C. Then I broadcasted (I used 2 beds I applied dried chicken waste on 1st bed and the 2nd bed just the soil to see if there will be any significant difference or damage)

D. Then the broadcasting ( the bed with manure I I used drip method for the broadcast just few lines)
What is drip method? Or how is it done?
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 2:58pm On Mar 22, 2020
freshrose:

What is drip method? Or how is it done?

Drip method is also called furrow or in lay man term, you draw straight line on your bed and put your seeds in the hole and cover lightly with sand.
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2020
Pruning undisputed..... Check the difference!

Pruned and Unpruned. Always make sure you prun your pepper it can't be overemphasized.

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by okoroemeka(m): 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2020
veggieman2be:
Pruning undisputed..... Check the difference!

Pruned and Unpruned. Always make sure you prun your pepper it can't be overemphasized.
that topped or pruned pepper plant will produce 30-40% more pods than the unpruned plant,we can easily see the beginning of numerous branches that will translate to even more numerous production.

1 Like

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2020
okoroemeka:
that topped or pruned pepper plant will produce 30-40% more pods than the unpruned plant,we can easily see the beginning of numerous branches that will translate to even more numerous production.

From what I have learned so far two things are important

1. Use manure for your nursery and apply manure to your planting holes before transplanting

2. Top your pepper or prun it you will have strong and more quantity of pepper to harvest

1 Like

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 10:53pm On Mar 26, 2020
@Okoroemeka

I observed that transplanting pepper into manure nursery nylon mixed with soil takes time to regenerate compared with using ordinary soil.

What is the cause of that
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by okoroemeka(m): 5:34am On Mar 27, 2020
veggieman2be:
@Okoroemeka

I observed that transplanting pepper into manure nursery nylon mixed with soil takes time to regenerate compared with using ordinary soil.

What is the cause of that
what you have to understand is that manure especially chicken manure is a plant stressor if used ignorantly,that is why it burns and kills crops,the manure you mixed with soil and poured into nylon bags will generate more heat and more stress to the young plant,the way to aviod this is transplant with normal soil then apply manure in 1-2 weeks time by then the roots are well established

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2020
okoroemeka:
what you have to understand is that manure especially chicken manure is a plant stressor if used ignorantly,that is why it burns and kills crops,the manure you mixed with soil and poured into nylon bags will generate more heat and more stress to the young plant,the way to aviod this is transplant with normal soil then apply manure in 1-2 weeks time by then the roots are well established

Thanks boss.

What if I plant on heap directly and add manure 1-2 wks after. The problem will be wetting.

But my tomatoes I applied manure on the heap first then after like 3days I
now planted them and they are doing well.

What if I allow some days to pass after filling the nylon with manure + soil and thereafter transplant the pepper into it, will it still have same issue of stressing and burning them.

Another observation NEVER transplant in the morning.

Also the plant without manure application on the bed regenerates very fast without much issue after transplanting them in nylon that contain manure + soil.

Thanks once again

2 Likes

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 7:47am On Apr 01, 2020
Good morning my fellow Farmers.

This is to announce to us that I will be selling my pepper seedlings. They are strong and doing well.

They are about 8 wks old.

Let me know if you're interested in advance.

Thanks

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by abolaji62(m): 9:26am On Apr 14, 2020
Abro perishable and vegetable fruit seller of Nigeria
Can help you sells all your crop you have in farm like
Tomato marrow cucumber green pepper water melon
Green chille rodo okro and etc ..our own is just to remove 10% in any price we sell it, for more info you can cantact us on :shop10 mile12 international market lagos or call 09033053043 or join our whatsapp group: https:///LXK092QGXEvBkFAJe4wnUT ...... thanks for your patronize
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 5:26am On Apr 20, 2020
Good morning fellow farmers. "Eku igbele" meaning well done staying staying at home, Lol.
Ok. I have a question I observed some of my pepper are flowering but falling off what can I do to resolve it.
My ogas pls help

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by jidestroud(m): 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2020
veggieman2be:
Good morning fellow farmers. "Eku igbele" meaning well done staying staying at home, Lol.
Ok. I have a question I observed some of my pepper are flowering but falling off what can I do to resolve it.
My ogas pls help

Hello bro, quite an age.

When you say some, what's the percentage of your pepper plants looking like this? (It would help my analysis)
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 11:26pm On Apr 20, 2020
jidestroud:

Hello bro, quite an age.

When you say some, what's the percentage of your pepper plants looking like this? (It would help my analysis)
Real long time man. How d lockdown. Lol

For d pepper flower I observed on like 3 stands others are still preparing to flower what do u think bro
Thanks
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 8:06pm On Apr 24, 2020
How effective is Laraforce insecticides and Zforce fungicides
Thanks
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by timsucess(m): 2:08am On Apr 28, 2020
veggieman2be:
Good morning my fellow Farmers.

This is to announce to us that I will be selling my pepper seedlings. They are strong and doing well.

They are about 8 wks old.

Let me know if you're interested in advance.

Thanks
Is it still available and what's the price

1 Like

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 5:47am On Apr 30, 2020
timsucess:

Is it still available and what's the price
I still have few available. What qty do you want.
Price is N20
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by timsucess(m): 11:18am On Apr 30, 2020
veggieman2be:

I still have few available. What qty do you want.
Price is N20
Can we talk on whatsapp
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
timsucess:

Can we talk on whatsapp
I just sent u a msg
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by vivaAfrica: 9:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
What specie of pepper is this
And location of your farm
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 8:56pm On May 01, 2020
vivaAfrica:
What specie of pepper is this
And location of your farm
The variety is cotonue pepper from Benin Republic.
My location is Ogun State
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 8:25pm On May 24, 2020
Help me rejoice my account is fully active now
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 8:48pm On May 24, 2020
My pepper update pix taken this week

1 Like

Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by IRIENBOY(m): 9:40pm On May 24, 2020
nice work
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 9:56pm On May 24, 2020
IRIENBOY:
nice work
Thanks
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by gabbysegzy: 8:44am On May 25, 2020
well-done sir , but does it necessary to put it inside the pure water nylons before transferring it to the heaps after 25 days?
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 9:45am On May 25, 2020
gabbysegzy:
well-done sir , but does it necessary to put it inside the pure water nylons before transferring it to the heaps after 25 days?
Not necessary bro but very nice if u can do it because from the bed if u transfer to nylon it will help you manage water and time then when rain is stable u can move it to heap but if u move it straight from bed to heap you will use more water and spend more time watering and if d weather is harsh it will burn your pepper just as many farmers experienced
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by bizzibodi(m): 5:39am On May 26, 2020
Why do I plant pepper & it fail to germinate is there a better method?do I have to soak it in warm water?
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 1:43pm On May 26, 2020
bizzibodi:
Why do I plant pepper & it fail to germinate is there a better method?do I have to soak it in warm water?
If is high breed you need to break the dormancy by soaking in warm water over night.
You also need to check the expiration date on the sachet always make sure is a year or two ahead before expiration.
Give us update if is high breed and the date on the pack and what variety is it
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by bizzibodi(m): 9:42pm On May 26, 2020
veggieman2be:

If is high breed you need to break the dormancy by soaking in warm water over night.
You also need to check the expiration date on the sachet always make sure is a year or two ahead before expiration.
Give us update if is high breed and the date on the pack and what variety is it
It local pepper seeds.
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by veggieman2be(m): 10:41pm On May 26, 2020
bizzibodi:
It local pepper seeds.
How did you prepare your bed
Re: My Pepper Farm Project - Step By Step by bizzibodi(m): 9:09am On May 27, 2020
veggieman2be:

How did you prepare your bed
Till d soil make raised ridges,wet d beds..planted d seeds & cover with fronds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) / 8 Reasons You Should Grow A Tree Today / My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.