Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,027 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide (32610 Views)

TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid / Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN / Darkness Looms As Hoodlums Vandalise Six TCN Towers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
FrLukas:
In 2020

Still dealing with the problems of 1980s

Can someone please explain why power generation is solely and strictly under the purview of the federal government?
It's a monopolised business if you try to start one they will kill it off. They know what they are doing.

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
mrZENographer:
In Heaven there is everlasting light. GOD IS THE LIGHT.

In Hellfire, there is everlasting darkness.

Where will you spend your eternity. Fear God and depart from Evil.
undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided if I knock you ehn.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Swingate(m): 10:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
Yes they can come up with excuses but when you don't pay your bill at the end of the month they will never take any excuses from you, when it's time to disconnect you.

5 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
Story upon story. Nor be today nah.

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by nosmassam(m): 10:17pm On Mar 08, 2020
is ok
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Ivimilly: 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Light is good in my area sha.. At least 14 hours daily
Which area
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by matify83: 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
sinkhole:
I will advice everybody to generate their own electricity by investing in Solar Powered System.
In Nigeria, if you rely on government for anything be it health, education, water, roads, electricity, etc, then you are on OYO!

This is the best advice from a fellow NLander.

I live off grid not by volition but by compulsion because I became tired of recurring excuses on why I can't get 24hours power.

I have taken charge of my destiny and I can assure you that it pays to be in partnership with the sun.

Below is the LED screen of my solar charge controller few minutes ago with my A. C. , TV and fans running wild since morning ( not a church person) .

The sun has never given me an excuse since "I went rogue" on my disco . I generate enough energy to also charge a 12v inverter I use as "supporting striker" for my TV and fans in the bedroom.

6 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:
Govt of excuse.

Where is d 10,000 MW APC said they will be adding every year? We should be on 45,000MW by now

Power is not rocket science. ... FashOLE

We are now on 3000 MW. Shame on APC and Buhari

If u live by Propaganda, you die by Propaganda: Distinguished Senator Abaribe
you are on lower than 1000 as we speak

5 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by babyfaceafrica: 10:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ivimilly:
Which area

Make phcn no kon reason our area óò.. But na ifako-ijaiye sha.. Lagos state
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by oluwasegun007(m): 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
And no public awareness before the maintenance...

Talk of poor customer relation..

We pay for the light and its not free,

It common sense they put us in the know before the so called maintenance.

2 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
Lostz:
you are on lower than 1000 as we speak

As in 900MW and below? It is finished

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by bluefilm: 10:24pm On Mar 08, 2020
Same old story everyday.

Nonsense. angry

2 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by mrZENographer: 10:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ausrichie:

undecidedundecidedundecidedundecided if I knock you ehn.

I command the light to shine upon you in Jesus name Amen.

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by olayhemi02(m): 10:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
Government magic ���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

As in 900MW and below? It is finished
800+ is what is actually getting to us from the Discos

2 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Daviestunech(m): 10:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
Light constant die for my area ......those living in festac, abule ado ND ijeododo can testify cool
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by seunmohmoh(f): 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
We are not surprised. No be today e don dey happen.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by scoundrel(f): 10:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ever since I went solar NEPA can give the country 24/7 electricity and it won’t affect my existence.

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by sulaak(m): 10:36pm On Mar 08, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Is it that they don't have workers who monitor when the gases will finish or people don't pay their bills any longer, what is it with them that they keep repeating themselves on this poor supply which many countries have achieved more than a century ago

As far as I'm concerned Nigeria should be recolonised...this time around without the option of getting independence BC it can't function on its own

I doubt the West will want to recolonise Nigeria, but it will be prudent to employ foreigners from advance countries to man our ministries and government agencies.

In any civilised country the minister for power and GM of TCN would have been sacked for incompetence, but how can the president sack incompetent officials when he is the Minister of Petroleum that cannot supply the gas or fixed the refineries after 5 years on the jobs.

Imagine a country of 200 million people with 13000 MW generation capacity, that can only transmit 7000MW and distribute 3000MW. South Africa with a population of 60 million generates 54000MW and are still suffering extreme power outages.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by MiosheEmpire1(m): 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
In my area dey av even downgrade us to 3hrs per day.
dey will bring d lite@exactly 10am and dey will take it@exactly 1pm
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by HAgbonna(m): 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
was there light before??
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by happney65: 10:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
Designer123:
This country will never get better if we still operate this centralized system of government. Power generation should be solely in the hands of state government and private bodies, when the power generating facilities of a particular state get faulty, only the state will suffer. Also, all federal schools should be handled by states, by then there will be no more nation-wide ASUU strike. There is really no hope for this country unless it is restructured.

cc veekid I don't know why power generation is still in the hands of the federal government o...you now say we go get light...light koo,electricity nii
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by APCNig: 10:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
BUSINESSARENAA:
This administration reeks of high incompetence all round.

I thought the last administration and the one before it that spent $16 billion have fixed power forever. This administration does not need to do anything in power again nah. Now, you evaluate yourself, are you not suffering from psychiatric disorders and hallucination?

2 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Jadeng: 10:40pm On Mar 08, 2020
We like to explain things away in this part of the world rather take steps or actions to prevent it or fix it when it happens.
No one takes responsibility!.
Anyway, thank God I am on prepaid meter, if takes you 1 month to fix the problem, na you dey loose !

2 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by gaddafe(m): 10:44pm On Mar 08, 2020
The problem here is even with full gas supply, we only have 3hrs supply for a whole day. Now that there is problem its even difficult to see an hour power supply. Today we only had a total of 30mins. And the supply wasn't straight. They kept doing on and off till they finally took it.

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 10:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
APCNig:

I thought the last administration and the one before it that spent $16 billion have fixed power forever. This administration does not need to do anything in power again nah. Now, you evaluate yourself, are you not suffering from psychiatric disorders and hallucination?

I guess am the one that made the statement " Any government that cannot provide power in six months is irresponsible" and also said that ," constant power supply is not rocket science", so you can see by your own words and standards, you all in APC are buch of irresponsible entities because you have failed to provide power to Nigerians.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
Awon eyan Buhari,very wicked and heartless ! They will always have one excuse or another for their incompetence. E ti ya were ! Gas shortage kee u dere !

2 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by iswallker(m): 11:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Is it that they don't have workers who monitor when the gases will finish or people don't pay their bills any longer, what is it with them that they keep repeating themselves on this poor supply which many countries have achieved more than a century ago

As far as I'm concerned Nigeria should be recolonised...this time around without the option of getting independence BC it can't function on its own

Because you never read the write up you ended up commenting non sense... undecided

Oga gas didn't finish, they are doing maintenance which will last 10 days.. undecided
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by kinglee007(m): 11:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
Heat temperature at 37 degrees + Low shortage of gas supply =
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by veekid(m): 11:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
happney65:

cc veekid I don't know why power generation is still in the hands of the federal government o...you now say we go get light...light koo,electricity nii
you nailed it bro, and if you could remember, I dey always talk am, light will never be good in Nigeria, except they come back to the base all those billion dollar loans FG took on power na scam, buhari no Sabi anything. How can you focus your energy kn generation and leave the distribution? All power sectors should be privatised otherwise... We never see nada

2 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Gordson: 11:06pm On Mar 08, 2020
It will not be well with those who are/ had governing/govern this nation and their children children.

They have destroyed this nation beyond what can be redeemed

What a sshithole nation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by veekid(m): 11:07pm On Mar 08, 2020
matify83:

This is the best advice from a fellow NLander.

I live off grid not by volition but by compulsion because I became tired of recurring excuses on why I can't get 24hours power.

I have taken charge of my destiny and I can assure you that it pays to be in partnership with the sun.

Below is the LED screen of my solar charge controller few minutes ago with my A. C. , TV and fans running wild since morning ( not a church person) .

The sun has never given me an excuse since "I went rogue" on my disco . I generate enough energy to also charge a 12v inverter I use as "supporting striker" for my TV and fans in the bedroom.
how much does this cost? Can I send a PM?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I Stand With Nigeria" Protest In Lagos (videos, photos) / Lawyers Chant 'Sai Baba', Hail Buhari As He Leaves Abuja Conference. Photos / Kamaldeen Awards Best K.A.I Dressed Officer With N100,000 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.