Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide (32608 Views)

TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid / Why Benin Republic, Others Get Stable Electricity Than Nigeria-TCN / Darkness Looms As Hoodlums Vandalise Six TCN Towers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 09, 2020
kunletexs:
Why is it that we are still acting like a country of 5years old? Ethiopia has the largest dam in Africa for just 7 million dollar. Power is now past tense.

When are we going to hear that you want to explain the science behind the '2 YEARS OF UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY'

I know it would be like year 3067 of Nigeria would not have been shared into surrounding nations or cut out and cast into the sea because we are a national embarrassment to the continent of AFRICA.

Truly giant of Africa but from the rear.
They are gaining from it bros. Hear brothers keeper by falz na when you go understand.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by bkool7(m): 7:25am On Mar 09, 2020
sinkhole:
hmmm, Bros!
Yes, it is expensive to setup but low cost at the long run, for instance, I installed my very small system at around #210,000 around January 2018 and uptill today it is still giving me power, almost 24/7 and mind you, because I know too get money like that, na 100AH I have been using since.
Could you compare using "I pass my neighbour" since January 2018 till date, 24/7 with what I described above?
Do you know that people with generator come to charge various things in my house? grin

What about the maintenance. All the solar street lights in Lagos don't usually function again under a year.

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by byinks(f): 7:28am On Mar 09, 2020
Flier:
They won't buy gas again you guys never seen anything
I know the light won't be okay again the moment they were mandated not to charge more than 1800naira if the customer has no meter
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by IMASTEX: 7:28am On Mar 09, 2020
Maxymilliano:
The more they claim things changes, the more they remain the same.
Remain the same or get worse
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by YahwehRocks: 7:31am On Mar 09, 2020
sinkhole:
I will advice everybody to generate their own electricity by investing in Solar Powered System.
In Nigeria, if you rely on government for anything be it health, education, water, roads, electricity, etc, then you are on OYO!

A confirmation you have no Nigeria government but Fulanis in power hoping and desperately working to have a Fulani Republic of Nigeria.

The solution is to erase them all.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by IMASTEX: 7:31am On Mar 09, 2020
FrLukas:
In 2020

Still dealing with the problems of 1980s

Can someone please explain why power generation is solely and strictly under the purview of the federal government?
They enjoy the darkness after all people pay for what they don't get. And the FG needs to keep the money to himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by sinkhole: 7:33am On Mar 09, 2020
bkool7:

What about the maintenance. All the solar street lights in Lagos don't usually function again under a year.
the only maintenance I could think of is when you need to replace your battery. As for my own setup, there was a time lightning damaged the inverter and I had to send it for repair, since then it has been working flawlessly.
Please do not compare what government put out there as solar powered to what you will put in your house! Government of Nigeria through their contractors will most likely go for the most inferior product to install for the public embarassed

2 Likes

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Jimmyubah2: 7:43am On Mar 09, 2020
Useless people, since they were told not to charged unmetered houses more than 1,800 naira they have started misbehaving.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:48am On Mar 09, 2020
BERNIMOORE:
Are you speaking English? cheesy

No French.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Jaqenhghar: 8:01am On Mar 09, 2020
Will there ever be electricity in that dump?
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 09, 2020
wink2015:

It is strictly under the federal government control because the northerners are against restructuring.

They prefer this centralised system and federalized system that give their northern people an undeserved and unmerited advantage.

The north does not care how we feel bad about the deplorable state of the economy down south.

They are prepared to borrow more money and sink the entire country.

Nigeria is going nowhere with this kind of arrangement.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by showafrica(m): 8:08am On Mar 09, 2020
Designer123:
This country will never get better if we still operate this centralized system of government. Power generation should be solely in the hands of state government and private bodies, when the power generating facilities of a particular state get faulty, only the state will suffer. Also, all federal schools should be handled by states, by then there will be no more nation-wide ASUU strike. There is really no hope for this country unless it is restructured.

One region believes they will lag behind if the system is decentralized and it will encourage session. They prefer we all remain backward and in the dark until Jesus comes.

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 8:26am On Mar 09, 2020
Ausrichie:

It's a monopolised business if you try to start one they will kill it off. They know what they are doing.

I think there's a cabal that imports generators into Nigeria. They must be the ones killing that sector.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 09, 2020
FrLukas:

I think there's a cabal that imports generators into Nigeria. They must be the ones killing that sector.
Exactly and I suspect atiku is part of that cabal that is why I said buhari and atiku are the same thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by MrBONE2(m): 8:42am On Mar 09, 2020
sinkhole:
I will advice everybody to generate their own electricity by investing in Solar Powered System.
In Nigeria, if you rely on government for anything be it health, education, water, roads, electricity, etc, then you are on OYO!
Thank Great One, cos I have my off grid power unit grin

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 09, 2020
Ausrichie:

Exactly and I suspect atiku is part of that cabal that is why I said buhari and atiku are the same thing.

They are the same thing alright.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by DonMekino(m): 9:51am On Mar 09, 2020
do ppl actually carry out their responsibilities in this country anymore? what u hear is blame blame blame
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Parrish: 10:15am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Nigeria is going nowhere with this kind of arrangement.
[/s]
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Parrish: 10:22am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

[/s]
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Parrish: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

They are the same thing alright.
[/s]
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by themanderon: 10:34am On Mar 09, 2020
That's what they know how to do best. Giving excuses.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by arewaseye: 11:00am On Mar 09, 2020
[quote author=Flier post=87279249]They won't buy gas again you guys never seen anything
I know the light won't be okay again the moment they were mandated not to charge more than 1800naira if the customer has no meter [/quote

]Nibo! Here in Ibadan, IBEDC refused to go with 1,800. What they are doing now is to bill people randomnly. I stay in a room and parlor self-contained and I am billed 5,000 per month because our black meter is not functioning. Can you see that? Since two fridays ago, we have been in total darkness. Nigeria, what a Nation!!!

1 Like

Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Tecord1(m): 11:19am On Mar 09, 2020
APCNig:

I thought the last administration and the one before it that spent $16 billion have fixed power forever. This administration does not need to do anything in power again nah. Now, you evaluate yourself, are you not suffering from psychiatric disorders and hallucination?
I thought your APC goons said any serious government should be able to fix electricity problem in less than 6 months. We voted PDP out because of things like this. If you think APC government should continue blaming the PDP then the question you asked should be better directed to you.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by Excuzeme: 12:56pm On Mar 09, 2020
bhella10:
Bitterness will only send you to early grave. Please tell us who Jubrin is? You should leave if you are tired of being a Nigerian. Nigeria is like Oyingbo market nobody gives a hoot if you are not present.

Hyporcirte like yourself! I bet you were deaf and dumb when Atiku told us that the thing currently in Aso Rock, is not the one we voted for but one Jibrin imposter from El Sudan.
Bitterness ke? You think l am a lowlife like you? Better Passport dey for inside Safe, for all my family members, when the shit gets too smelly, worst case scenario, l just buy ticket and thats all l need to do.

I am not tired of being a Nigerian (dual citizenship is allowed) but l will not let criminals and their beneficiaries like you rest, until una recieve sense. It is only people like us who have solved our personal problems and have nothing to worry about, that can confront and tell you looters of the treasury and parasites of Southern Nigeria the truth undecided
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by bhella10: 1:05pm On Mar 09, 2020
Excuzeme:

Hyporcirte like yourself! I bet you were deaf and dumb when Atiku told us that the thing currently in Aso Rock, is not the one we voted for but one Jibrin imposter from El Sudan.
Bitterness ke? You think l am a lowlife like you? Better Passport dey for inside Safe, for all my family members, when the shit gets too smelly, worst case scenario, l just buy ticket and thats all l need to do.

I am not tired of being a Nigerian (dual citizenship is allowed) but l will not let criminals and their beneficiaries like you rest, until una recieve sense. It is only people like us who have solved our personal problems and have nothing to worry about, that can confront and tell you looters of the treasury and parasites of Southern Nigeria the truth undecided
"Atiku told us" I give up
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by babyfaceafrica: 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
bongolistik:
Mediocre statement. just imagine the level the country has kept us, people are now accepting mediocrity against excellence. If 14 hours is good supply, pls what would you now call 24hrs supply. I know in Nigeria standard you will see 14 hours as good supply. But that is what the country has succeeded in naturally turning its citizens into; to now accept mediocrity as excellent. It is a pity sha that you jumping up cos of 14 hours daily supply of electricity where others are celebrating 50 years of uninterrupted power supply

When a man is sad and frustrated, a woman is behind him pulling making sure he gets down, but cases like this occurs where a man maltreats a woman

Not true
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by matify83: 7:26pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ausrichie:

Most of us here that are living off freebasic. Bros no be everybody get long money.

It's just a matter of time and you will look back at these days of little beginnings and thank the "most high ".
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by matify83: 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
vaca1:

What's the name please? How much?

The charge controller is called epever 60A solar charge controller.

You will need 8 pieces of 250w 24 - 30v solar panels and 4 AGM batteries to really "partner with the sun " .

Don't forget that your AC and fridge / freezer must be inverter type.
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by matify83: 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
Mcslize:

That's nice. How many killowat usually serve you per day? And how much did you spend to fix this?

By 6pm on most days I have generated between 4.7 to 5.2 kwh/d with 4 fully charged batteries (on float mode by 12:30pm) to carry me for the next 12 hours.

I only switch off the AC at 11pm but run all fans (4 pieces of 50w binatone standing fans) till day break (tdb)

I bought the setup piece meal.

Started by buying the inverter and 4 batteries .

Then visited Arena shopping complex in Lagos when I traveled for a workshop there I saw some 2nd hand imported solar panels from America. 250w 30v each and I waybilled 8 pieces at 40k each back to my state via God is good transport company.

I did over 60 percent of the installation so the cost was minimal .
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by matify83: 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2020
kinglee007:

Boss i'm interested. A whole lot. What does it take to partner with the sun and have this level of comfort you're having now

To partner with the sun, what you really need will depend largely on what you want to power(load).

To list the items verbatim :

1 appropriate inverter size
2. Battery bank ( AGM batteries)
3. Mppt solar charge controller
4 commensurate solar panels
Re: TCN Explains Electricity Shortage Nationwide by matify83: 8:02pm On Mar 09, 2020
veekid:
how much does this cost? Can I send a PM?

I will advice you start small and upgrade with time and available resources.

Though the proponents of flooded batteries will come for my jugular, I will advice you use AGM batteries only(SLA) as they are maintenance free and do not need frequent topping with distilled water.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu, Ganduje Commission Kabara Flyover In Kano / Kamaldeen Awards Best K.A.I Dressed Officer With N100,000 (photos) / "I Stand With Nigeria" Protest In Lagos (videos, photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.