Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days (85120 Views)

Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada / Photo Of Frozen Jean Pants Standing Alone As Extreme Temperature Killed 13 In US / Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by DollarBuddy: 2:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
ABCthings:
New wallpaper loading... But why is the ice dirty?

"DIRTY ICE"
WHAT A GREAT WALLPAPER NAME...
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Hahjascho(m): 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
Different regions facing different issues.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
philip0906:
Nawa oh...This one na suffer na
make he thick pass 7inches, this place like this pay me pass nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Jamorezzi: 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
F 4 f**k
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nickymezor(f): 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
Nature doing her thing, mehn this is way scary shocked undecided
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
Explorers:
Homes in Hamburg, New York were completely covered in ice, trapping residents for days.

Some homes completely in the dark due to frosted windows.

https://www.boredpanda.com/frozen-houses-lake-effect-ice-storm-lake-erie/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Explorers!!!!!
I love your posts. They are always sharp and interesting.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by ajl: 2:36pm On Mar 08, 2020
Flexherbal:
Thank God , we do not experience such in Nigeria. With the kind of government we have here and the greed of the people, people for don die finish.

I actually dont share that opinion. One of the reasons caucasian wised up was because of the tough natural conditions they found themselves. You either wise up or die. Remember our forefathers in Nigeria were not nearly as corrupt as the present generation. So, they would have worked hard to come up with solutions that makes a functional society. Necessity is the mother of invention. The all year round warm hospitable conditions and generally non-hazardous conditions we found ourselves south of the Sahara just made us lazy. But before now, our forebearers like those of the ancient Egypt mastered virtually everything to build a society adored by all including the caucasian who trooped down from Greek and further to be students in Egypt. Same thing was obtained south of Egypt among the Nubians who were even more charcoal black than their cousins up north.

5 Likes

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Jackmj(m): 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
[quote author=ABCthings post=87266812]
New wallpaper loading...
But why is the ice dirty?
[/quote
Swear I don save am since ]
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Mrlazarus: 2:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
ednut1:
Why live in front of a lake ehn

You no sabi chilling.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Chimex477: 2:39pm On Mar 08, 2020
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by ddooskie(m): 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2020
ABCthings:

New wallpaper loading...
Muddied snow

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2020
With this kind of weather, I'm sure they still have electricity.

Small wind in Nigeria and power will be cut for a week.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Austeeenxx: 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2020
But here in Nigeria I am complaining of heat.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 08, 2020
These photos are lovely.
Reminds me of the cartoon movie Frozen grin

But why is the snow not pure white? I guess the storm came with sand and was frozen together with the water. Reason the color is beige.

Thanks Explorer.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Spallanzani: 2:44pm On Mar 08, 2020
Iceberg3:

Would've been better abeg,this heat is horrible angry
Fix a damn AC and pay your NEPA bills

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by don4real18(m): 2:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
ABCthings:

New wallpaper loading...
Is ice meant to be clean?
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
Austeeenxx:
But here in Nigeria I am complaining of heat.

Abeg leave that heat o. Its serving a purpose.

Baba God thank you for the heat. grin
God punish Coro....

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by sjwills(m): 2:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
Bro please talk something else because we never have any snow this year in New York and the tri state this serious stop giving fake news about what you dont know !pls pls pls
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
if u experience this type of thing regularly on winter then u have to stock ur home cos if u no stock ur home u will be trapped in it and unable to go out to buy food and other esentials
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Angelfrost(m): 2:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
Flexherbal:
Thank God , we do not experience such in Nigeria. With the kind of government we have here and the greed of the people, people for don die finish.

Just imagine if this caught someone outside or without adequate shelter.... There would be no surviving that.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
Sokosuji:
very true.. When nature throws lemons, u rack your brains at making lemonades.. But when it serves u hot meals and dessert u just fall asleep and fart away ..
Gbao
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by 77up(m): 2:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
one of the reasons Africa is so backwards, believe it or not, is because we are blessed with conducive weather and natural resources. So we never had to think outside the box or hustle to survive like the whites did.
So Weather is now one of the reasons Africa is backward ? Things we read on nairaland sef grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 2:49pm On Mar 08, 2020
ClassicMan202:
Just imagine face-me-I-face-you house for this place.... Just imagine grin
omo na die cheesy cheesy..every :Dbody go just freeze to death

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by sjwills(m): 2:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
New York this morning

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
uuzba:

Until you go there and feel the cold. That when you will know that snow/ice is not your friend.

The first day I saw snow in UK, I match am with shoe. The thing just passed through my leather shoe, entered my socks and froze my feet. I run enter house go put leg on top fire before I die.
lol which kind lie be this Baba. Abeg no Dey talk like say you think say na only you don go Europe for this thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Harrynight(m): 2:53pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ordinary small cold wey we experience for this obodo oyibo in January people COMPLAIN die imagine if we experience this one
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by streetsoldier1(m): 2:53pm On Mar 08, 2020
Flexherbal:

Is this one not better than the heat we face!
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
77up:
So Weather is now one of the reasons Africa is backward ? Things we read on nairaland sef grin
believe it or not bro. I’m not here to argue with you. The whites had to go out of their way to invent heating and other things to make their environment more habitable. That’s one of the reasons they are ahead of us in innovation and science. They had to creat means of log distance transportation to be able to reach other continents to find the resources they lacked at home. We Africans had it all that’s why we are laid back. If you can’t even reason this logically then there is really no point arguing with you.

6 Likes

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by encryptjay(m): 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2020
blowjohn:

If uve faced extreme heat, u will chose extreme cold over it.
Do u know what it's like to be heated up like suya on a grill for hours?
No go there o.
People are dying in Australia from heat waves
He doesn't know what heat is, at least, during cold you manage to cover yourself up but heat ehn. You'll just be restless, you can't even move about and not start sweating. High temperature is hell.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by IMASTEX: 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
Flexherbal:
I tell you oh
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
ednut1:
Why live in front of a lake ehn
my brother air around the lake or sea is usually very pure.so if u live near the lake or sea u dey breath in clean air cheesy.whites sabi flex and enjoy life pass us.in africa the only time we feel we flexing is when we drink alcohol to stupor and spend excess money on ashawo cheesy.

4 Likes

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by 77up(m): 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
believe it or not bro. I’m not here to argue with you. The whites had to go out of their way to invent heating and other things to make their environment more habitable. That’s one of the reasons they are ahead of us in innovation and science. They had to creat means of log distance transportation to be able to reach other continents to find the resources they lacked at home. We Africans had it all that’s why we are laid back. If you can’t even reason this logically then there is really no point arguing with you.
I did not agree with your logical reasoning but I understand it's your opinion and of course you have every right to your opinion.

To me I would have said religion and greed is the top reasons we are here .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / Luxurious Suites In Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.