Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days (85123 Views)

Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada / Photo Of Frozen Jean Pants Standing Alone As Extreme Temperature Killed 13 In US / Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Dominatrix(f): 6:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
Da fuq!!
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by EmmyNorse(m): 6:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
Flexherbal:
Thank God , we do not experience such in Nigeria. With the kind of government we have here and the greed of the people, people for don die finish.
even as we no dey experience this one, how many people remain for our country self.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by franchasng: 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2020
Yahman1:
I love Snow but this one too much o, kind of Scary sef angry
My brother you don't love snow, don't love it based on pictures you see, snow and in fact winter is the number 1 thing I hate about western countries is their weather....that is one reason I cannot permanently live in countries like Canada, Russia, etc....don't like snow, its not a good thing honestly.

If snow falls in Nigeria and we experience winter for like 3 months, 50% of Nigerians or more will die of pneumonia and cold-related sicknesses

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Yahman1(m): 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
franchasng:
My brother you don't love snow, don't love it based on pictures you see, snow and in fact winter is the number 1 thing I hate about western countries is their weather....that is one reason I cannot permanently live in countries like Canada, Russia, etc....don't like snow, its not a good thing honestly.

If snow falls in Nigeria and we experience winter for like 3 months, 50% of Nigerians or more will die of pneumonia and cold-related sicknesses

Hmmmm, You have a point though
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by golddare: 6:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
Explorers:
Homes in Hamburg, New York were completely covered in ice, trapping residents for days.

Some homes completely in the dark due to frosted windows.

https://www.boredpanda.com/frozen-houses-lake-effect-ice-storm-lake-erie/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

This is when you will miss Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Officermuchacho: 6:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
shocked shocked shocked shocked but why undecided undecided undecided
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by dozzybreezy(m): 6:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
Nawa oo
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Godwin2am(m): 7:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
how come some house are exempted in the iceberg,?
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by aylipple: 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2020
Am I the only person who felt somewhat "irritated" by the images; especially how the snow/ice formed? Wished I hadn't opened this particular thread.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Origin(f): 9:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
Why is the ice shaped in that fashion.....

I mean with the pointy ends.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by BabaRamota1980: 10:49pm On Mar 08, 2020
Explorers:
Residents are worried the ice could damage their homes.

Thanks for bringing such extreme living conditilivifor us to see and appreciate our own situation.

Of course the weight of ice can be seen on the trees. Look how the trunks are bowed down. I can imagine what damage the ice can do to roofs. The houseowners must inspect to see if any damage. Anyone with farm or garden, its automatic loss. When this much ice melts there will also be flood and risk to foundations, risk to plants and animals as well vehicles.

How do these people recover loss? Do they go to work in this situation?

If i was there i would take selfies with the ice. Imight even try to create something maybe sculpt a woman out of the ice.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by handsome86(m): 10:50pm On Mar 08, 2020
Explorers:
More
h3llo
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by akdjr(m): 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
If not the for lack of proper planning, good governance and obedient citizen, Nigeria would have been heaven on Earth. Just imagine what this People are going through yet our people keep applying for Visa to jet out of the country.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Slimsly100(f): 11:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
Beautiful but why the ice dirty
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by otipoju(m): 11:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
noble71:
shocked
Immediately I saw the thread I knew it is Explorers on the beat.
Major reasons I can travel out of this country, I'm allergic to cold weather. My AC will be on 18° and it will be like I want to die. Let them enjoy their winter.

Florida, Arizona, Texas. Good weather.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:45am On Mar 09, 2020
Taiwo20:
God is awesome.
Nature is powerful
Nature can also b scaring

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by kingcornel(m): 1:24am On Mar 09, 2020
ednut1:
Why live in front of a lake ehn
Na ur lake?
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:23am On Mar 09, 2020
remzor:
It’s well o
People should appreciate whatever token, manageably sent from there.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Oritsewhandey(m): 3:26am On Mar 09, 2020
remzor:
It’s well o
People should appreciate whatever token, manageably sent from there

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Explorers(m): 4:55am On Mar 09, 2020
BabaRamota1980:

How do these people recover loss?
Government/insurance/organizations

Do they go to work in this situation?
Extreme conditions, residents are to stay indoor and schools are shut temporarily.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by BabaRamota1980: 4:59am On Mar 09, 2020
[quote author=Explorers post=87282902][/quote]

You say stay indoors?
Stay indoors and die?

Why cant they move somewhere warm, like come to Africa until after the weather. How long is it about three months? Come here and enjoy warm weather and spend money. There is an economic argument for that, beside the fact we are saving humanity by hosting them.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Mizwisdom(f): 6:22am On Mar 09, 2020
I just thank God for the climate of the country I inhabit
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by xavuv: 8:11am On Mar 09, 2020
That frozen cae is already on its way to Nigeria as i write. grin
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by keleman992000(m): 8:16am On Mar 09, 2020
And heat wants to kill us here. inside life.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by 27Pushing30: 9:44am On Mar 09, 2020
I just laugh when i see nigerians in a hurry to go to these soon to be "uninhabitable" places.

It's sad africa has refused to develop. we have everything
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by uzoma213(m): 10:38am On Mar 09, 2020
kalvoken:
If only I can bundle Buhari and lie Muhammad to this place, so I freeze their brain to ice there.
I'm sure their brains are frozen already.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by whizbee(m): 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
@alexreports...you see your mate?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / Luxurious Suites In Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.