Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days (85124 Views)

Woman Crashes Her Car Into Frozen Lake, Takes Selfie As Car Sinks In Canada / Photo Of Frozen Jean Pants Standing Alone As Extreme Temperature Killed 13 In US / Female Climber Found Frozen On Mountain After Vanishing 31Yrs Ago In Russia(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by jaxxy(m): 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
The lake water is dirty and that's what froze on the buildings close to the shore.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
FrLukas:
With this kind of weather, I'm sure they still have electricity.

Small wind in Nigeria and power will be cut for a week.
week abi for a whole month grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Horus(m): 3:04pm On Mar 08, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhAA8mYBqrE

Homes covered in ice after being battered by gale force winds and waves
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2020
77up:
I did not agree with your logical reasoning but I understand it's your opinion and of course you have every right to your opinion.

To me I would have said religion and greed is the top reasons we are here .
those are certainly some of the reasons too. But the fact the the white man had to think ahead and innovate to survive is why they are technologically more advanced than us.

It’s also why they are better at economics and managing resources than us. Because they understand the basic rule of resource scarcity better than us. Which is the whole foundation of economics as a field of study.

Both our opinions can be true at the same time.

7 Likes

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2020
Looks like a CAKE.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Horus(m): 3:09pm On Mar 08, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geE_A8_0a-k

'Ice tsunami' on Lake Erie after strong winds

High winds have blasted much of northern New York state, cutting power to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses, closing schools and pushing mounds of ice on to the shores of Lake Erie. The ice was on the water's surface but was blown off the lake and on to the shore
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by uncjay(m): 3:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
Flexherbal:
Thank God , we do not experience such in Nigeria. With the kind of government we have here and the greed of the people, people for don die finish.

Don't underestimate the power of 'enduring' Nigerians. we will still cope, hardship is synonymous with the people of this country. Nothing shakes us...lolz

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Hoodbilonia: 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
Fear go let u on A/c.
Too smoke and take liquor go dey sweet u
U must frsh by fire by force
- 10 degrees

Copart loading
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by vertueptime: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
Deep freezer

Explorers:
Homes in Hamburg, New York were completely covered in ice, trapping residents for days.

Some homes completely in the dark due to frosted windows.

https://www.boredpanda.com/frozen-houses-lake-effect-ice-storm-lake-erie/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by heavenlyson(m): 3:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
Artistic!!
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by doggedfighter(f): 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
uuzba:

Until you go there and feel the cold. That when you will know that snow/ice is not your friend.

The first day I saw snow in UK, I match am with shoe. The thing just passed through my leather shoe, entered my socks and froze my feet. I run enter house go put leg on top fire before I die.
We see people walking on snow with their shoes on. They go to work too. Is it a different snow you stepped on?
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by doggedfighter(f): 3:26pm On Mar 08, 2020
slyfoxxjoe:
lol which kind lie be this Baba. Abeg no Dey talk like say you think say na only you don go Europe for this thread.
Very strong lie. grin grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Stillthebest: 3:26pm On Mar 08, 2020
kiss

As much developed as the US is, they still live in nature. They stylishly live like early men but in a civilized way.

These types of building, if you live in it here, gossips won't let you rest by mocking u as being archaic or poor.

At the sight of their condos, one would wonder if A Nigerian who earns averagely as the occupants of the condos in the USA , would ever live in such in Nigeria. We are poor but live expensively.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
doggedfighter:

Very strong lie. grin grin grin.
as in, the lie make me lose my appetite.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Iceberg3: 3:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
Spallanzani:

Fix a damn AC and pay your NEPA bills

Where's the damn power,man!?
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Newmans: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
Nigerians and Africans at large should learn from here the people that came here years ago and introduced block houses and glass and alumaco houses today they are now building our old house pattern while our people are here killing there self because you want to get the hole word and build block and glass house. God help us restore back our sences.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by tobenuel(m): 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
Damn scary...... Well heat wan kill person here
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Dollabiz: 3:54pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by mexbee1(m): 3:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
Explorers:
Homes in Hamburg, New York were completely covered in ice, trapping residents for days.

Some homes completely in the dark due to frosted windows.

https://www.boredpanda.com/frozen-houses-lake-effect-ice-storm-lake-erie/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Still better than this heat we feeling here

Still on the matter

Go off the Grid today with the power in your hands call us to get a free quote and consultations on all the solutions Dexter Engineering Services offers which are designed and tailored to meet your immediate needs.

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by victorazyvictor(m): 4:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
I only see ice creams everywhere!
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Okey2010: 4:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
And here in Nigeria we have 38 degrees centigrade very hot!
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by FuckThaMod: 4:15pm On Mar 08, 2020
I remember when i was carry stuffs from the car to the house for just 5 minutes ooo... My ears and my palms froze
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by NwaliE01: 4:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
Imagine this kind ice and no light to warm the house.
Hmm
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Bluntemperor: 4:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
God bless you the Explorers.you deserve an accolade!
More seriously,imagine the white people in this frozen zone yet they always rise to the occasion of better life for their citizens,s Ame for Dubai-a desert translated to a sort of Heaven on Earth that many now runs to for birthday and marriages while Africa and Nigeria in particular without any natural disaster could not redefine her future since her Independence.
what is the problem with Black People? What we do most is stealing our God given resources in Dollars,take it back to white-man land again,impoverish the People as those who rule us has no ideas of governance and becomes Emperors of different grades.indeed,the beautiful ones are yet to be Born!!!!!.Too shameful!
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
uuzba:

Until you go there and feel the cold. That when you will know that snow/ice is not your friend.

The first day I saw snow in UK, I match am with shoe. The thing just passed through my leather shoe, entered my socks and froze my feet. I run enter house go put leg on top fire before I die.
I tell you. Nigerians can not imagine what extreme cold feels like.

You just cannot describe the kind of cold where you are wearing several layers of warm clothing including leather coated on the inside with thick wool and you still feel somewhat cold so that a sudden breeze seems to penetrate all the layers of your clothing and chill you to your bones. cheesy
uuzba:

I tell you. Nigerians can not imagine what extreme cold feels like.

You just cannot describe the kind of cold where you are wearing several layers of warm clothing including leather coated on the inside with thick wool and you still feel somewhat cold so that a sudden breeze seems to penetrate all the layers of your clothing and chill you to your bones.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by emmajodeci(m): 5:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
We dey suffer excess heat while dem dey suffer excess cold (ice)..... Inside life. Nobody get everything complete
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by FullBlastLight: 5:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
Taiwo20:
God is awesome.
Nature is powerful

... and really so mysterious oftentimes!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by centboy123456(m): 5:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
uuzba:

Oga waiting happen na u one kill me with laff
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by Ishilove: 5:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
Some have it, some don't. Heat wants to finish us here in Lagos.

I remember many years ago, aroun 2001 or so when the weather fell to 23 degrees in Lagos, people were crying and complaining bitterly about the 'cold'.

The irony.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by joepepsy(m): 5:52pm On Mar 08, 2020
Nigeria situation is worst,just that we are too lazy to recognise it.
Flexherbal:
Thank God , we do not experience such in Nigeria. With the kind of government we have here and the greed of the people, people for don die finish.
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by PotatoSalad(m): 5:57pm On Mar 08, 2020
The real weather for two
Re: Photos Of Frozen Homes In New York After Snowstorm, Trapped Residents For Days by chigoizie7(m): 6:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
This one harsh ooh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Skills To Acquire Before Relocating To The US. / Luxurious Suites In Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi State / The Beauty Of Abuja Airport Runway At Night As It Nears Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.