Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos (6391 Views)

State One Good Thing Nigeria Did For You / Mention One Thing Nigeria Achieve Since 2015 / One Thing Nigeria Has In Common With Australia, Others, Is Peace — Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by DMerciful(m): 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
Did you watch Canada presidential debate?If you do then you'll wont be arguing. fyi I reside in Canada
FrLukas:

You didn't answer my question o.

Were you the one that conducted referendum in the state of California and the Province of Quebec to know they all want secession?
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Guestlander: 9:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
DMerciful:
You were privy to such information but because you wanted to counter a thread, you ignored common knowledge. Scotland, Northern Ireland, a lot of states/provinces wants to secede despite being rich. A country might be rich but a subgroup may not like the direction the country is going.

I personally believe the agitation for Biafra is to pressure the government into restructuring the country into a better federation where everyone will have a sense of belonging. I share the same sentiment, but I don't share the methods of IPOB and ipob supporters. I aso believe the majority of ibos would rather be in Nigeria, rather than replicating a mini Nigeria in the east where they will be confronted with the same issues they are running away from in Nigeria.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by DMerciful(m): 9:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
Most Igbos first choice is restructuring and this is the most sensible first choice. But a good planner always have plan B. If Nigeria keep insisting on no restructuring then plan B will be activated. Nigerians agree Nigeria is not working but the courage to restructure or reform is lacking. People are so comfortable in the status quo even when it has made us the poverty capital of the world and approaching the terrorism capital as well
Guestlander:

I personally believe the agitation for Biafra is to pressure the government into restructuring the country into a better federation where everyone will have a sense of belonging. I share the same sentiment, but I don't share the methods of IPOB and ipob supporters. I aso believe the majority of ibos would rather be in Nigeria, rather than replicating a mini Nigeria in the east where they will be confronted with the same issues they are running away from in Nigeria.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
DMerciful:
Did you watch Canada presidential debate?If you do then you'll wont be arguing. fyi I reside in Canada

You dancing around my question telling me you live in Canada.

Has a referendum been conducted?

It is a simple yes or no answer bro.

No country is gonna break up without collation of votes, unless they do so violently.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by DMerciful(m): 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2020
Suit yourself, bye!
FrLukas:

No country is gonna break up without collation of votes, unless they do so violently.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
DMerciful:
Suit yourself, bye!

Just when I thought you were going to educate me. cry
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Cherez: 9:58pm On Mar 08, 2020
ProWalker:

Go ask your father that question
I thought they said Igbos lack respect but obviously this is your value to have dragged my dad.
#AudioRespect
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Cherez: 10:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
Guestlander:

What mini Nigeria?
Bros, sorry Nigeria is cursed and we all are in this together.
Right now, I don't spite Naija for Igbo Vs Nigeria issues but guy go and see what's happening in the NE.How govt officials embezzle monies for poor hungry people and sleep with IDP campers just for food.
How can a loan of such amount as $22.7billion not be properly debated in the house and some of us will proudly come in here to support all these gibberish even when most here are jobless and being fed by their parents even at over 30
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by DMerciful(m): 10:08pm On Mar 08, 2020
What's the point of going into a baseless argument?
FrLukas:

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by BabaRamota1980: 10:10pm On Mar 08, 2020
kettykings:
Please can someone Name one thing Nigeria has done for the igbos which if left alone the igbos would not have been able to do for themselves either in an independent country or as a confederate state.

Please discuss intelligently

Clarify what you mean by "Nigeria".

Nigeria does nothing for anybody, individual ethnic groups in Nigeria work with others to achieve goals ad protect interest.

You should ask Ibo to identify "one ethnic group it has collaborated with and ended gainfully".

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by enemybulldozer(m): 10:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
kettykings:
Please can someone Name one thing Nigeria has done for the igbos which if left alone the igbos would not have been able to do for themselves either in an independent country or as a confederate state.

Maybe Area4Area has an answer.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by enemybulldozer(m): 10:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
johnmartus:
Name one thing that igbo has done to Nigeria. Only brainless and illiterate person can ask this question.
Don't derail this thread. Focus on the questions.
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by NGpatriot: 11:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
kettykings:

At the moment, you can do anything you want, there is now law that prevents you from doing anything in Nigeria so the fact that your SE leaders are useless and incompetent doesn't need Biafra before they do anything.

Other states and region in Nigeria are not crying, waiting and begging the FG to do anything for them, only the SE region their leaders are incompetent, where they generate the lowest IGR, where the leaders can not take initiative or make any proative move.

Under regional administration when you ran your own government when you kept and did whatever with your money and develop at your own pace, the other 2 major regions did better than you, you can not point to 1 single thing your leaders did back then.

We've seen. what you can do when given the autonomy and authority to do things and develop on your own with your own money and resorces so stop fooling yourself

It's all about leadership and vision, something leadership in that part of the country lack.

Get off this silly victim and self crippling mentality that you use to excuse your lazy and visionless leaders and absolve them of their responsibilities

2 Likes

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Cherez: 11:32pm On Mar 08, 2020
NGpatriot:

At the moment, you can do anything you want, there is now law that prevents you from doing anything in Nigeria so the fact that your SE leaders are useless and incompetent doesn't need Biafra before they do anything.

Other states and region in Nigeria are not crying, waiting and begging the FG to do anything for them, only the SE region their leaders are incompetent, where they generate the lowest IGR, where the leaders can not take initiative or make any proative move.

Under regional administration when you ran your own government when you kept and did whatever with your money and develop at your own pace, the other 2 major regions did better than you, you can not point to 1 single thing your leaders did back then.

We've seen. what you can do when given the autonomy and authority to do things and develop on your own with your own money and resorces so stop fooling yourself

It's all about leadership and vision, something leadership in that part of the country lack.

Get off this silly victim and self crippling mentality that you use to excuse your lazy and visionless leaders and absolve them of their responsibilities

Other states ain't crying indeed but the NE are in perpetual tears while your media hide it away? With IDP camps everywhere and your wicked leaders keep embezzling funds for poor campers to feed.
The NC continuously baraged by herdsmen.
Name one region not in pains and wailing currently?
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by NGpatriot: 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
[s]
Cherez:

Other states ain't crying indeed but the NE are in perpetual tears while your media hide it away? With IDP camps everywhere and your wicked leaders keep embezzling funds for poor campers to feed.
The NC continuously baraged by herdsmen.
Name one region not in pains and wailing currently?

[/s]

What is this one talking about?

Is the NE the reason why you are crying and wy your leaders can not deliver anything and must beg from morning till night?

Again, we've seen what you are capable of doing during regional administration when all the regions managed their own affairs when they managed and develop with their own resources, you came last across the board.

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Rossinnki: 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
''Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country.''

- John F Kennedy

4 Likes

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:02am On Mar 09, 2020
kettykings:

This is very immature; quite shallow ! The more reason why some of us here are convinced that you guys aren't intelligent. Just listen to yourself ! In your stupid attempt at proclaiming the usual tribal superiority of Igbo race,you end it all up by embarrassing yourself and the very same race you represent. You pride yourselves as intelligent, strong and smart people but your actions and inactions always proof otherwise.

Trust me,there is nothing special about Igbo people. You guys are just an egoistic set of people who always allow emotions to becloud logical sense of reasoning,just like you did now !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Chairman50: 12:03am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Go and ask your state governors how much they collect as Federal allocation each month + security votes + revenue shared among governors from excess crude account + bail out funds when necessary.

If your governors embezzle the money, don't blame Nigeria. Blame yourselves.
[/s]
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Chairman50: 12:03am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Were you the one that conducted a referendum for them that made you know they want to secede? Or maybe a small band of people gather together holding tags and protesting and you conclude everyone in that state wants to secede.
[/s]
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Kpoikpoi: 12:08am On Mar 09, 2020
kettykings:

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Chairman50: 12:08am On Mar 09, 2020
FrLukas:
[s]

This is rubbish and you know it.
[/s]
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Kpoikpoi: 12:14am On Mar 09, 2020
We are not your father,help yourself.
Go back and develop your states instead of asking for help all the time .
Look at Aba,it's a pigsty,the Igbo states are the most underdeveloped in Nigeria.
Instead of building your infrastructure you are busy fighting everybody and begging the South South to join your useless Biafra.
How can Igbos form Biafra when they are landlocked in the middle, stop begging the South South, we will never join you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Kpoikpoi: 12:17am On Mar 09, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

You know, i actually agree with the assertion in your first paragraph! Problem is, some sections/ethnicities in Nigeria don’t have that same confidence in themselves, and this is why they cling on to ‘one Nigeria’ like their lives depend on it!

Your second paragraph makes no sense because if you posit Nigeria hasn’t gained anything from Ndigbo and Alaigbo (with Alaigbo i’m also including Igboland in the so called south-south) then why did they (Nigeria) fight a uncivil war to continue having the privilege of calling Ndigbo ‘compatriots’.....and why today do they fret, worry and go ape at the mention of IPOB, Mazi Kanu or secession!?
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Kpoikpoi: 12:20am On Mar 09, 2020
Who included Igboland in the South South,?
Abeg solve your own problems ,stop trying to align with the South South, we will never be a part of your struggle. Remove that idea from your head.

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Chairman50: 12:22am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

You didn't answer my question o.

Were you the one that conducted referendum in the state of California and the Province of Quebec to know they all want secession?
[/s]
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Chairman50: 12:29am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

[/s]
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Chairman50: 12:32am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

[/s]
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Chairman50: 12:34am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

[/s]
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Chairman50: 12:36am On Mar 09, 2020
[s][quote author=NGpatriot post=87281090

What is this one talking about?

Is the NE the reason why you are crying and wy your leaders can not deliver anything and must beg from morning till night?

Again, we've seen what you are capable of doing during regional administration when all the regions managed their own affairs when they managed and develop with their own resources, you came last across the board.

[/quote][/s]
Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by MetaPhysical: 12:42am On Mar 09, 2020
kettykings:

Shyyte...we liberated Ibos. Opened your uncivilized eyes. grin

Now you dey form king kong.

I can list ten, gaddem it! grin

Cc
Afamed
Immhotep
Lzaa
Helinues
Frlucas
Legendhero

1 Like

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Afamed: 12:45am On Mar 09, 2020
dignity33:
When Nigeria was wallowing on debt a renowned world Economist from Igbo tribe was begg to help savage ungrateful Nigeria from bankrupt.
Don't narrate this kind of upper Iweka /Ochanja news to your unborn Children, Biko nu!

3 Likes

Re: Name One Thing Nigeria Has Done For The Igbos by Chairman50: 12:46am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
Afamed:

Don't narrate this kind of upper Iweka /Ochanja news to your unborn Children, Biko nu!
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari To Sign Revised ₦10.8 Trillion 2020 Budget Into Law Today / Osinbajo Canvasses More Access To Internet / PDP Supporters Decamped To APC In Goronyo LG, Sokoto State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.