Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 (59449 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 / Cute Family Photos Of Lionel Messi Staying Safe / Photo Of Lionel Messi Receiving Yellow Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
gibzzhd:

You are the one who needs schooling here.Man u did a treble before Ronaldo a fate they didn't match with Ronaldo.Madrid won 5 UCL in a roll before Ronaldo infact until bale and achelotti came Ronaldo could not help Madrid in Europe.With him Barca still tortured them 5-0,4-0,3-0,2-0.What else do you want me to say.Juventus usual do a double,a date they couldnt achieve with Ronaldo.
You are trying to be clever by half, when was the last time man utd won treble, 1999. Ronaldo did what messi will never achieve, the 3 times back to back UCL. Tell me what Barca hasn't won before messi joined. Olodo that wants to school me.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
Martinez39s:
Ibrahimovic, who succeeded in many leagues, isn't as good as Messi. In fact Ibrahimovic repeatedly said that Messi is better than Ronaldo. Staying in one club doesn't make you less of a player. Ryan Giggs, Steven Gerrard, Maldini, Francesco Totti, Paul Scholes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, etc. were one-club men.
You are talking about Ibrahimovic saying Messi is better than Ronaldo. The fact that he once played alongside Messi, you know how many times Ronaldo destroyed him
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Martinez39s(m): 7:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
Spallanzani:

You are talking about Ibrahimovic saying Messi is better than Ronaldo. The fact that he once played alongside Messi, you know how many times Ronaldo destroyed him
Ronaldo destroying Ibrahimovic means Ronaldo is better than Messi? I am not saying Ronaldo is not a fantastic player; Ronaldo is a world class player, but Messi is better than Ronaldo. Messi too has destroyed many players.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by lastchild: 7:42pm On Mar 09, 2020
I thought they said he had hunch back then, where's the hunch back na?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by peterd53(m): 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2020
Spallanzani:

You are trying to be clever by half, when was the last time man utd won treble, 1999. Ronaldo did what messi will never achieve, the 3 times back to back UCL. Tell me what Barca hasn't won before messi joined. Olodo that wants to school me.

Treble (twice)
Sextuple

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by icebird25(m): 7:47pm On Mar 09, 2020
Olayinka8793:
The greatest all-round footballer the world has ever seen.
I am a Ronaldo fan by the way
When we talk of all-round attacking football, we reference Messi. When talking of consistent goal machine, we reference Ronaldo.
Long live the two kings.

Mtcheew
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Reference(m): 8:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
JakeSully:
Greatest of all time

Of this era. There ia just no way to compare performances across multiple generations when conditions were not the same.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Jokerman(m): 8:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Martinez39s:
Ibrahimovic, who succeeded in many leagues, isn't as good as Messi. In fact Ibrahimovic repeatedly said that Messi is better than Ronaldo. Staying in one club doesn't make you less of a player. Ryan Giggs, Steven Gerrard, Maldini, Francesco Totti, Paul Scholes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, etc. were one-club men.

What individual trophy did Ibrahimpvic win in these leagues??

No sentiment please

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2020
gibzzhd:
Reporter: “It’s 0-0 in the 90th minute and you get a free-kick. Who do you choose to take the free-kick, Messi or Ronaldo?”

Ibrahimovic: “I choose Ronaldo because I want to watch an extra time.” ��� https:///ObjTFnkkJz
We all know this one is a clown. Ronaldo pieces his team in Euro 2016. A useless noisemaker he is

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by emmaodet: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
Martinez39s:
No mind am. Messi is the only genius I can bank on to dribble past three players each time he has the ball. Messi can pick the ball from any part of the pitch and start destroying players one by one. Messi is great at passes and assists, Messi has unmatchable accuracy and technique in his shooting and free kicks, and Messi still regularly tops goalscoring charts despite playing diverse roles (attacking midfielder, false 9, winger, striker sometimes). Can Ronaldo do all these things?

I am a die hard Ronaldo fan and Man Utd fan but anyone who claims Messi is not better than Ronaldo doesn't know football or hasn't being watching Messi and Ronaldo play. Anyone who thinks I am a barça boy and not a Man Utd fan can ask EbukaHades10, emmaodet, JONNYSPUTE, Maynation, and other regular visitors on live match threads. I am a confirm Man Utd and Ronaldo fan but I must tell the truth... MESSI IS BETTER THAN RONALDO. grin

When i tell people that messi is better than ronaldo, they will think am saying rubbish.
If you want to really know the truth, just cancel out goal scoring from both players and see outside that.
Even without goals, messi is entertaining, interesting to watch, the way he moves with ball, dribbling, giving up-through passes, splitting passes are all amazing.
You won't feel as if you wasted your ticket going to the stadium but without ronaldo regularly scoring, going to the stadium to watch him will be like a waste of time.
So also players like Okocha, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Maradona, they don't need to score before you enjoy their games.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
Martinez39s:
Ronaldo destroying Ibrahimovic means Ronaldo is better than Messi? I am not saying Ronaldo is not a fantastic player; Ronaldo is a world class player, but Messi is better than Ronaldo. Messi too has destroyed many players.
Always personalize your statement, like "in my opinion". grin
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by FLYFIRE(m): 8:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
grin grin grin

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Martinez39s(m): 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
Jokerman:

What individual trophy did Ibrahimpvic win in these leagues??

No sentiment please
Ibrahimovic's titles:

AJAX (Netherlands):
• Eredivisie: 2001–02, 2003–04
• KNVB Cup: 2001–02
• Johan Cruyff Shield: 2002

JUVENTUS (Italy):
• Serie A: 2004–05, 2005–06 (both revoked by Calciopoli)

INTER MILAN (Italy)
• Serie A: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
• Supercoppa Italiana: 2006, 2008

BARCELONA(Spain)
• La Liga: 2009–10
• Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010
• UEFA Super Cup: 2009
• FIFA Club World Cup: 2009

AC MILAN
• Serie A: 2010–11
• Supercoppa Italiana: 2011

PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN (France):
• Ligue 1: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
• Coupe de France: 2014–15, 2015–16
• Coupe de la Ligue: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
• Trophée des Champions: 2013, 2014, 2015

MANCHESTER UNITED (England):
• FA Community Shield: 2016
• EFL Cup: 2016–17
• UEFA Europa League: 2016–17

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Jokerman(m): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
Martinez39s:
Ibrahimovic's titles:

AJAX (Netherlands):
• Eredivisie: 2001–02, 2003–04
• KNVB Cup: 2001–02
• Johan Cruyff Shield: 2002

JUVENTUS (Italy):
• Serie A: 2004–05, 2005–06 (both revoked by Calciopoli)

INTER MILAN (Italy)
• Serie A: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
• Supercoppa Italiana: 2006, 2008

BARCELONA(Spain)
• La Liga: 2009–10
• Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010
• UEFA Super Cup: 2009
• FIFA Club World Cup: 2009

AC MILAN
• Serie A: 2010–11
• Supercoppa Italiana: 2011

PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN (France):
• Ligue 1: 2012–13, 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
• Coupe de France: 2014–15, 2015–16
• Coupe de la Ligue: 2013–14, 2014–15, 2015–16
• Trophée des Champions: 2013, 2014, 2015

MANCHESTER UNITED (England):
• FA Community Shield: 2016
• EFL Cup: 2016–17
• UEFA Europa League: 2016–17

List his individual titles to show he was the main man in these titles he won
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Martinez39s(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2020
Jokerman:

List his individual titles to show he was the main man in these titles he won
Apart from Barcelona, Ibrahimovic has been the main man in almost every team has played in. Our argument are: Messi is better than Ronaldo, and playing in many leagues does not make you a better player.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by otunbalamba: 8:47pm On Mar 09, 2020
Chingykay77:

lol weyrey boy.............if e sure for you come this time around for ps 4
i go screen you alive
Oloshi cheesy
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Jokerman(m): 8:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
Martinez39s:
Apart from Barcelona, Ibrahimovic has been the main man in almost every team has played in. Our argument are: Messi is better than Ronaldo, and playing in many leagues does not make you a better player.

Stop beating around the bush and show us ibrahimovic individual titles

You Barca fans and your diverting schemes grin

In my opinion CR7 is better than Messi due to the fact he has won titles in 4 different top leagues proving himself
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Martinez39s(m): 9:01pm On Mar 09, 2020
Jokerman:

Stop beating around the bush and show us ibrahimovic individual titles

You Barca fans and your diverting schemes grin

In my opinion CR7 is better than Messi due to the fact he has won titles in 4 different top leagues proving himself
You are the one digressing. If winning different leagues means Ronaldo is better than Messi then Ibrahimovic is better than Messi since he has won different leagues. grin
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Jokerman(m): 9:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
Martinez39s:
You are the one digressing. If winning different leagues means Ronaldo is better than Messi then Ibrahimovic is better than Messi since he has won different leagues. grin

Ibrahimovic is just another Anelka grin

Ronaldo, Zidane, Delima , maradona, Pele played with different clubs and were main men !!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Martinez39s(m): 9:15pm On Mar 09, 2020
Jokerman:

Ibrahimovic is just another Anelka grin

Ronaldo, Zidane, Delima , maradona, Pele played with different clubs and were main men !!
Stop it joor! grin Ibrahimovic was the main man is almost all clubs he played for except at FC Barcelona (of course, no one can dethrone Messi cheesy). Messi is god at Barça and god of footbãll, deal with it. grin

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by FLYFIRE(m): 9:35pm On Mar 09, 2020
Martinez39s:
Messi is unique, inimitable and unrepeatable"
"Players like him appear every 50 or 100 years.

"As a child he fell into the pot of football genius."

"Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player, but those who claim that he is better than Messi don't understand anything about football or say it in bad faith," Van Basten told Corriere della Sera.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Martinez39s(m): 9:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
FLYFIRE:

Messi is unique, inimitable and unrepeatable"
"Players like him appear every 50 or 100 years.

"As a child he fell into the pot of football genius."

"Cristiano Ronaldo is a great player, but those who claim that he is better than Messi don't understand anything about football or say it in bad faith," Van Basten told Corriere della Sera.
Van Basten sabi. Messi is the GOAT.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by gibzzhd: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Spallanzani:

The real olodo is you.Man u won treble ,Madrid champoins league 5x, Juventus double all without Ronaldo.Guess what? Barca needed Messi to win sexdruple.lolz.......

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 10:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
gibzzhd:

The real olodo is you.Man u won treble ,Madrid champoins league 5x, Juventus double all without Ronaldo.Guess what? Barca needed Messi to win sexdruple.lolz.......
Have you forgotten madrid needed Ronaldo to win UCL back to back 3 times... the joke is on you my guy
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 10:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
peterd53:

Treble (twice)
Sextuple
Has Madrid ever won UCL back to back for 3 consecutive years in a role before Ronaldo?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Moz22: 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
Olayinka8793:
All-round attacking football you mean?
Well he dribbles, assists, scores solo goals and gives pinpoint attacking passes.
Several other players including Ronaldo does so too but Leo surpassed them all.
that's not all round?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by alfredilly: 10:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
Martinez39s:
Truth is bitter. grin I am a known Man Utd fan on this forum. grin grin Whether you like it or not, Messi is better than Ronaldo.

What you did not experience, Ronaldo in his younger days was far more skillful than Messi. Go to Adorinha and sporting Lisbon to enquire. Messi burst to limelight in 2005 under 20 world cup and I saw him in all the matches. He was even placed on the same rank as Mikel. But the Ronaldo I saw in 2001and 2003 was far more superior. People started naming their children Christiano Ronaldo.due to the teenager heroic in Portugal.The truth is why Messi dribbling skill grew with time, Ronaldo dribbling decline.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by alfredilly: 10:35pm On Mar 09, 2020
emmaodet:

When i tell people that messi is better than ronaldo, they will think am saying rubbish.
If you want to really know the truth, just cancel out goal scoring from both players and see outside that.
Even without goals, messi is entertaining, interesting to watch, the way he moves with ball, dribbling, giving up-through passes, splitting passes are all amazing.
You won't feel as if you wasted your ticket going to the stadium but without ronaldo regularly scoring, going to the stadium to watch him will be like a waste of time.
So also players like Okocha, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Maradona, they don't need to score before you enjoy their games.

What you did not experience, Ronaldo in his younger days was far more skillful than Messi. Go to Adorinha and sporting Lisbon to enquire. Messi burst to limelight in 2005 under 20 world cup and I saw him in all the matches. He was even placed on the same rank as Mikel. But the Ronaldo I saw in 2001and 2003 was far more superior. People started naming their children Christiano Ronaldo.due to the teenager heroic in Portugal.The truth is why Messi dribbling skill grew with time, Ronaldo dribbling decline. But what he lost in skill he made up for in hard work and goal scoring exploit. That Ronaldo is able to statistically compete with Messi despite the decline attest to his genius.

There is a point I have always raised about Messi. Why are we not seeing much of his magic in national team? My answer to this is that there is a momentum and dynamic in Barcelona that integrate him
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Martinez39s(m): 10:36pm On Mar 09, 2020
alfredilly:

What you did not experience, Ronaldo in his younger days was far more skillful than Messi. Go to Adorinha and sporting Lisbon to enquire. Messi burst to limelight in 2005 under 20 world cup and I saw him in all the matches. He was even placed on the same rank as Mikel. But the Ronaldo I saw in 2001and 2003 was far more superior. People started naming their children Christiano Ronaldo.due to the teenager heroic in Portugal.The truth is why Messi dribbling skill grew with time, Ronaldo dribbling decline.
Messi has always been a dribbler in the order of Maradona and Ortega. Ronaldo too was a good dribbler but he was never better than Messi or even Neymar. Ronaldo's dribbling declined and his goals increased until recently, but Messi maintained his dribbling skills and goal scoring, and his shooting and free kick technique has reached god level in recent time. Mind you, when Ronaldo started playing, Messi was still at Barça's youth team. Messi got his debut in 2005.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by alfredilly: 10:56pm On Mar 09, 2020
Martinez39s:
Messi has always been a dribbler in the order of Maradona and Ortega. Ronaldo too was a good dribbler but he was never better than Messi or even Neymar. Ronaldo's dribbling declined and his goals increased until recently, but Messi maintained his dribbling skills and goal scoring, and his shooting and free kick technique has reached god level in recent time. Mind you, when Ronaldo started playing, Messi was still at Barça's youth team. Messi got his debut in 2005.

I'm sure you never witnessed the era in reference, or you simply weren't mindful of it enough. I first saw Ronaldo in 2001 or 02. It was in an age group match with England. He scored both goals as England fell 2 nil. But what caught my attention wasn't the goal. It was the skill display. Stylishly and slowly, he cut deftly through the England defence. Seeing the name Ronaldo made me Marvel at the coincidence. It was the era of the Brazilian superstar. He completed in several age group competition for Portugal and emerge top goal scorer in each of the competition. I even read recently that in 2001, he was named by the FIFA dou of blatter and platini as the best young player around.

The second time I saw Ronaldo was in 2003. Man utd was playing sporting Lisbon in their last pre season campaign on the heel of impressive win over Barcelona and Juventus. The game held in Portugal to mark the opening of sporting stadium. United lost 3-1 and Ronaldo was the star of the night. So much was the skill on display that united player put pressure on Ferguson during their flight home to sign him.

Messi competed in 2005 under 20 and what he showcased never match what I saw of Ronaldo three or four years earlier. His dribbling improved exponentially why Ronaldo decline started as soon as he joined Manchester United and I remarked about it earlier. A friend of mine called it improvement and I didn't argue. The reason I noticed was the role Ferguson entrusted on him. On his first match, Ronaldo took everyone spell bound. United was struggling to beat Bolton Wanderer and then the 18 years old was brought in as substitute. Every touch of the ball was a skill exhibition. The commentator were flaggerbasted. He did magic on each occasion and in the end, united won 4-0. Three of the goal came through his assist, the last of which was a penalty after he was fouled.

But Ferguson had one thing in his mind, it was to replace Ronaldo with the newly departed David Beckham. After losing his target Ronaldinho to Barcelona in a last gasp switch, Ronaldo became his ideal man. But Ronaldo was more adept with the left flank. He only switch position when he so pleased during the match. His first united match was also started from the left and later, he switch to right, Ferguson had no intention of giving him such free role. He was to replace David Beckham, the right wing legend, and so in subsequent matches, Ronaldo was confined to right wing. What was the result, his game continue to change. The slow stylish dribbler began to run with full speed. His dribbling was only showcased in quick step over and gradually, he metamorphose to a player in likeness of David Beckham. Run, set piece and goals.

Do you believe Ronaldo only had three goals in sporting Lisbon despite his heroic status.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Numerouno94(m): 11:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
Spallanzani:

This guy you can lie sha, tell me the countless matches that he dribbled 11 opponents. Fucking dumb post

Google is ur frnd. U guys luv to b spoonfed.

Anyways,former Chelsea player Didier Drogba has spoken on the performance of Lionel Messi so far this season as a fan fabulous one. Lionel Messi is an hero, I have played with him for some time so I know he is a god and powerful player.

Lionel Messi is an incredible player on the pitch following his incredible performances while he played against mg formal club Chelsea said Former Chelsea player Didier Drogba according to a speculation.

Lionel Messi is said to be known for his incredible performance, his wide dribbling skills, his long range legs which appear to conquer his opponent on pitch.

Didier Drogba also said that the Catalan player Lionel Messi shouldn't be compared to any other player in the world because of his incredible performance on pitch and outside pitch as well.

Former Chelsea player concluded that, Lionel Messi is a strong, fast player while dribbling accrued with his goal mentality, He is the greatest I have ever played with following his incredible performance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria / Ahmed Musa Marries Juliet Ejue (Photo) / BREAKING: Messi In Talks With Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.