Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 (59448 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi, Mikel Obi And Taiye Taiwo in 2005 / Cute Family Photos Of Lionel Messi Staying Safe / Photo Of Lionel Messi Receiving Yellow Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 11:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
Numerouno94:

Google is ur frnd. U guys luv to b spoonfed.

Anyways,former Chelsea player Didier Drogba has spoken on the performance of Lionel Messi so far this season as a fan fabulous one. Lionel Messi is an hero, I have played with him for some time so I know he is a god and powerful player.

Lionel Messi is an incredible player on the pitch following his incredible performances while he played against mg formal club Chelsea said Former Chelsea player Didier Drogba according to a speculation.

Lionel Messi is said to be known for his incredible performance, his wide dribbling skills, his long range legs which appear to conquer his opponent on pitch.

Didier Drogba also said that the Catalan player Lionel Messi shouldn't be compared to any other player in the world because of his incredible performance on pitch and outside pitch as well.

Former Chelsea player concluded that, Lionel Messi is a strong, fast player while dribbling accrued with his goal mentality, He is the greatest I have ever played with following his incredible performance.

You guys like making silly references. You just go to one useless blog and start posting unverified nonsense. Can you grow up and use your head.

BTW I didn't see any reference to where he dribbled 11 opponents as you claimed in your initial post.

Go and get a life and stop disturbing us with your incoherence.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Martinez39s(m): 11:35pm On Mar 09, 2020
alfredilly:

I'm sure you never witnessed the era in reference, or you simply weren't mindful of it enough. I first saw Ronaldo in 2001 or 02. It was in an age group match with England. He scored both goals as England fell 2 nil. But what caught my attention wasn't the goal. It was the skill display. Stylishly and slowly, he cut deftly through the England defence. Seeing the name Ronaldo made me Marvel at the coincidence. It was the era of the Brazilian superstar. He completed in several age group competition for Portugal and emerge top goal scorer in each of the competition. I even read recently that in 2001, he was named by the FIFA dou of blatter and platini as the best young player around.

The second time I saw Ronaldo was in 2003. Man utd was playing sporting Lisbon in their last pre season campaign on the heel of impressive win over Barcelona and Juventus. The game held in Portugal to mark the opening of sporting stadium. United lost 3-1 and Ronaldo was the star of the night. So much was the skill on display that united player put pressure on Ferguson during their flight home to sign him.

Messi competed in 2005 under 20 and what he showcased never match what I saw of Ronaldo three or four years earlier. His dribbling improved exponentially why Ronaldo decline started as soon as he joined Manchester United and I remarked about it earlier. A friend of mine called it improvement and I didn't argue. The reason I noticed was the role Ferguson entrusted on him. On his first match, Ronaldo took everyone spell bound. United was struggling to beat Bolton Wanderer and then the 18 years old was brought in as substitute. Every touch of the ball was a skill exhibition. The commentator were flaggerbasted. He did magic on each occasion and in the end, united won 4-0. Three of the goal came through his assist, the last of which was a penalty after he was fouled.

But Ferguson had one thing in his mind, it was to replace Ronaldo with the newly departed David Beckham. After losing his target Ronaldinho to Barcelona in a last gasp switch, Ronaldo became his ideal man. But Ronaldo was more adept with the left flank. He only switch position when he so pleased during the match. His first united match was also started from the left and later, he switch to right, Ferguson had no intention of giving him such free role. He was to replace David Beckham, the right wing legend, and so in subsequent matches, Ronaldo was confined to right wing. What was the result, his game continue to change. The slow stylish dribbler began to run with full speed. His dribbling was only showcased in quick step over and gradually, he metamorphose to a player in likeness of David Beckham. Run, set piece and goals.

Do you believe Ronaldo only had three goals in sporting Lisbon despite his heroic status.
To be fair, I never watched Ronaldo at Sporting Lisbon.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Numerouno94(m): 11:55pm On Mar 09, 2020
Spallanzani:

You guys like making silly references. You just go to one useless blog and start posting unverified nonsense. Can you grow up and use your head.

BTW I didn't see any reference to where he dribbled 11 opponents as you claimed in your initial post.

Go and get a life and stop disturbing us with your incoherence.

Its lyk u cant really do without throwin tantrums around. U cant even put forward a simple argument witout insults. Apparently u cant gv wat u dnt hv,its obvious u were brought up dat way or u jux decide to b stupid.

Why re nairalanders bcomin so toxic?. They cant do witout insults. Do u tink everybody is ur typ?. U tink everyone on nairaland is jobless nd poor lyk u?. We hv so many successful ppl on nairaland who kums in to read news nd catch fun bro. So nt everyone is ur typ. Pls get dat ok?

I cant even blif u talking abt coherence,re u 4real?,or u jux trying to feel smart?. Pls go check ur prev comments nd see who needs to improve on his syntax nd semantics.

A public forum lyk nairaland gvs frustrated dimwit lyk u d temerity to bully pple u cant stand up to in real life.

I dnt bully ppl on nairaland,thus,dnt try such wit me,am not ur typ bro.

In conclusion, if u cant use google to check if my claim is true or false den there's notin i can do. And life is nt all abt insultin pple who share different tots or ideology frm u. Learn to accommodate pple,learn to work wit pple who hv diffrnt orientation frm u ok?. Nd u sound frustrated, pls take a chill pill cos God will deliver u frm dat tin dat has taken away ur happiness nd joy. Notin is too big 4 God to do. Cheers!!
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 3:48am On Mar 10, 2020
Numerouno94:

Its lyk u cant really do without throwin tantrums around. U cant even put forward a simple argument witout insults. Apparently u cant gv wat u dnt hv,its obvious u were brought up dat way or u jux decide to b stupid.

Why re nairalanders bcomin so toxic?. They cant do witout insults. Do u tink everybody is ur typ?. U tink everyone on nairaland is jobless nd poor lyk u?. We hv so many successful ppl on nairaland who kums in to read news nd catch fun bro. So nt everyone is ur typ. Pls get dat ok?

I cant even blif u talking abt coherence,re u 4real?,or u jux trying to feel smart?. Pls go check ur prev comments nd see who needs to improve on his syntax nd semantics.

A public forum lyk nairaland gvs frustrated dimwit lyk u d temerity to bully pple u cant stand up to in real life.

I dnt bully ppl on nairaland,thus,dnt try such wit me,am not ur typ bro.

In conclusion, if u cant use google to check if my claim is true or false den there's notin i can do. And life is nt all abt insultin pple who share different tots or ideology frm u. Learn to accommodate pple,learn to work wit pple who hv diffrnt orientation frm u ok?. Nd u sound frustrated, pls take a chill pill cos God will deliver u frm dat tin dat has taken away ur happiness nd joy. Notin is too big 4 God to do. Cheers!!

I'm using you to catch cruise and you are already sweating. Bros life is not that hard.... drink plenty water this morning, you'll be fine trust me.

You'all sha like chest beating, stand up to you in real life... that cracked me up. Trust me you'll be begging for your life if our path ever crossed. Small banter you are already losing your sanity. It seems issues of life have really delt with your deranged life. Just tell me your imaginary teams that Messi dribbled 11 opponents (he dribbled goal keeper too be that) you are telling me to ask Google, who ask Google stupid questions. Ode oshi
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Nova1988(m): 4:52am On Mar 10, 2020
Messi for life
Blaugrana forever

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by betterpikinn: 5:29am On Mar 10, 2020
[s]
Olayinka8793:
The greatest all-round footballer the world has ever seen.
I am a Ronaldo fan by the way
When we talk of all-round attacking football, we reference Messi. When talking of consistent goal machine, we reference Ronaldo.
Long live the two kings.
[/s]
You're a mere liar
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Arizonasmokersl: 8:49am On Mar 10, 2020
ghettokid1:
The One And Only G.O.A.T
LIL GOAT
Star from day one
Long live the GOAT !!!!!!!
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by gibzzhd: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
Spallanzani:

Has Madrid ever won UCL back to back for 3 consecutive years in a role before Ronaldo?

You don't know that Madrid has won it 5x in a row(1956-1960) without ronaldo.Moreover they needed Bale and not Ronaldo to win UCL again after 9yrs.Ronaldo failed to win them UCL in 4 attempts before bale came to unlock their European misery

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by gibzzhd: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2020
Madrid greatest era was without Ronaldo but Barca greatest era was with Messi.
Messi is Barca no 1 legend but Ronaldo is not any club he as played for No 1 legend.He was just one of their great players.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by peterd53(m): 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
gibzzhd:

You don't know that Madrid has won it 5x in a row(1956-1960) without ronaldo.Moreover they needed Bale and not Ronaldo to win UCL again after 9yrs.Ronaldo failed to win them UCL in 4 attempts before bale came to unlock their European misery

Tell him ooo
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by xcelentattitude(m): 4:39pm On Mar 10, 2020
ghettokid1:
Little G.O.A.T back in 2000

Never knew the level of greatness that awaits him. That can be someone's story too you know, don't share give up.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2020
gibzzhd:

Can we now say it was Inesta and Xavi that gave Barca all their treble and UCL accolades, your Messi couldn't achieve anything close to that ever since those 2 left.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by peterd53(m): 11:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
Spallanzani:

Can we now say it was Inesta and Xavi that gave Barca all their treble and UCL accolades, your Messi couldn't achieve anything close to that ever since those 2 left.

Xavi have been playing for Barca since 1998 and couldn’t deliver the treble until Messi come of age
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Jokerman(m): 2:10am On Mar 11, 2020
peterd53:

Xavi have been playing for Barca since 1998 and couldn’t deliver the treble until Messi come of age

You Barcelona fans are funny
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 8:53am On Mar 11, 2020
peterd53:

You are yapping dust. Why can't your Messi replicate even such prowess at their departure. Ever since Inesta left your Messi hasn't won any trophy outside his domestic league. I keep saying it, he should leave that barca if he sure for him, person wey dey fear to leave.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by peterd53(m): 10:17am On Mar 11, 2020
Spallanzani:

You are yapping dust. Why can't your Messi replicate even such prowess at their departure. Ever since Inesta left your Messi hasn't won any trophy outside his domestic league. I keep saying it, he should leave that barca if he sure for him, person wey dey fear to leave.

He won the ballon d’or without them........let your Ronaldo win even seria a top scorer without Madrid chances creators
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 10:38am On Mar 11, 2020
peterd53:

He won the ballon d’or without them........let your Ronaldo win even seria a top scorer without Madrid chances creators
Shifting goal post as usual, he won premier top scorer not even once, right now he's the 2nd leading seria A highest goal scorer which I'm sure he'll win and you are there yarning the same dust I mentioned earlier. Let your Messi try his trade elsewhere if he won't be reduce to Schevechenko of Chelsea back in the days. Rubbish
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by peterd53(m): 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2020
Spallanzani:

Shifting goal post as usual, he won premier top scorer not even once, right now he's the 2nd leading seria A highest goal scorer which I'm sure he'll win and you are there yarning the same dust I mentioned earlier. Let your Messi try his trade elsewhere if he won't be reduce to Schevechenko of Chelsea back in the days. Rubbish

Lies......he only won it once, please don’t feed us with lies

Your mcm won’t win it...... can keep on dreaming
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
peterd53:

Lies......he only won it once, please don’t feed us with lies

Your mcm won’t win it...... can keep on dreaming
Let your midget do anything outside Barca then come back here and have a conversation with me.

P.S. Ronaldo has won titles in every competitive leagues he has played except world cup, what has Messi won outside Barca.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by peterd53(m): 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
Spallanzani:

Let your midget do anything outside Barca then come back here and have a conversation with me.

P.S. Ronaldo has won titles in every competitive leagues he has played except world cup, what has Messi won outside Barca.

Let ur mcm win an individual award with the national team first. A tapin merchant
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Spallanzani: 2:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
peterd53:

Let ur mcm win an individual award with the national team first. A tapin merchant
I'm done with you. You see why CR7 is the greatest and you are still spinning like circus
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by TMDigital: 10:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
Spallanzani:

Lolz
Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by Afobear: 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2022
Spallanzani:

Fall out modafhucka

Re: Throwback Photo Of Lionel Messi In 2000 by pquaver(m): 12:55am On Dec 20, 2022
Afobear:

Fall out modafhucka

With this picture you destroyed the whole thread and put them in a place of perpetual silence.. He can't answer you, just like Zachariah in Bible he das been struck with dumbness.. Wetin he wan talk?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Makoko Kid Asked Anthony Joshua Why He Fights For UK And Not For Nigeria / Ahmed Musa Marries Juliet Ejue (Photo) / BREAKING: Messi In Talks With Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.