Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

"I Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ubi F - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ubi F (1156 Views)

Drake Spent ₦2.3Billion On Rare Richard Mille Wrist Watch For His Birthday(Pics) / [b]"i Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ub / Laura Ikeji: "US Hospitals Will Be Missing Nigerian Pregnant Women Right Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ubi F by Luckyziakegha: 11:27am On Mar 09, 2020
The mother of one of Ubi Franklin's children has given her opinion about Nigeria following her 2-year stay in the country.

Nicola Siyo, a South African woman and mother of Ubi's third child, said there is a lack of women's right in Nigeria and it's "sickening".

She said this while responding to Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Instagram post on International Women's Day.

The renowned Nigerian author wrote about how women are judged and treated differently because of their gender and Nicola endorsed the message.

She replied: "I understand exactly where she is coming from. I spent 2 years in her Homeland Nigeria, sickening the lack of women's rights. You are called all sorts of names because you stand for your name... as a woman

https://www.vivsco.com/2020/03/i-spent-2-years-in-nigeria-lack-of.html?m=1

Re: "I Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ubi F by tstx(m): 11:27am On Mar 09, 2020
It reflects in our politics..
Military
Work place
And
Basically everywhere
Re: "I Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ubi F by Nickisindigo(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2020
when it is more worst in her country than Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: "I Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ubi F by temptnow: 2:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
I can't believe a South African will say this about another country when the headquarters of rape and murder of girls is South Africa
Re: "I Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ubi F by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
Like say we no dey see their news update too
Mtcheee

2 Likes

Re: "I Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ubi F by IronGalaxy: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
temptnow:
I can't believe a South African will say this about another country when the headquarters of rape and murder of girls is South Africa
Women's rights and violence against women aren't the same thing my guy

5 Likes

Re: "I Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ubi F by KLEINBASS: 4:31am On Mar 10, 2020
We once went to Nigeria with a team of women engineers and project managers , Nigerian man did not take kind that their taking instructions from a woman.
Re: "I Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ubi F by KenBen217: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Women's rights and violence against women aren't the same thing my guy
Violence against women is a breach on their fundamental human rights...if it is higher in SA then Nigeria then she has no right to say a damn word

1 Like

Re: "I Spent 2 Years In Nigeria. The Lack Of Women's Right There Is Sickening" Ubi F by IronGalaxy: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2020
KenBen217:

Violence against women is a breach on their fundamental human rights...if it is higher in SA then Nigeria then she has no right to say a damn word
As a woman I think she saw it was worse on that side.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Fatoyinbo To Hold Service At COZA Auditorium Amid Coronavirus Lockdown / Woman Hatches Duck Egg By Incubating It In Her Bra For Over A Month(photos) / I Can't Feel My Face - Wizkid Complains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.