Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,563 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) (83538 Views)

Indian Man Buys N1.5M Gold Face-Mask To Save Him From Coronavirus (Photos) / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Covid-19: Akwa Ibom Acquires Medical Equipment To Combat Coronavirus (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2020
qualityovenbake:
Corona virus can't survive in Antarctica because the virus will be trapped in ice and permafrost for centuries.

Are their living quarters also ice? The virus multiplies in humans and is transferred from one human to another by close contact especially through inhalation of aerosols.

2 Likes

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by mixratio(m): 10:19pm On Mar 12, 2020
Immediately I saw the title of this post, I knew it had to be explorer at it Again.
Kudos bro

2 Likes

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by MadeBoy: 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
Antarctica is a waste land full of spirit and demons and not habitable by humans. plant don't grow there.
its a natural freezer use for medical storage.

3 Likes

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Jabioro: 10:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
What is her population? It remained the only continent with no village nor town or city..it is the only continent without emissions..

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
Orpe7:
Trust me, one Chinedu is there selling boat parts
Not only Chinedu, Emeka is there selling Aba made shoes.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by back2sender: 10:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
Enoch07:
y our flag no dey there? our scientists Neva reach see?
I thought one Regina huzzy go there? Abi naa Aba Antarctica he go?
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 12, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Very manageable population if anything happens.

During winter, you have less than 1000 people on the whole of that continent. We are currently in March. That means it should be winter over there right now if my geography serves me right.

During summer it rises to over 4000. Mostly scientists from the about 7 different countries that lay claim to territory on Antarctica.
Only God knows the dangerous researches they are undergoing over there.
A perfect place to do the unthinkable without being detected.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Nobody: 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2020
NiklauseFred:
Science is bae kiss
What has science got to do with Antarctica?

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Sensini123(m): 11:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
Enoch07:
Because there are no scientists in naija. All we have is political thieves and religious yahoo men .

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Mraproko1: 11:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
I will teach only 100 persons how to produce school chalk and make huge profit interested WhatsApp me on 09019506986

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by bewla(m): 11:18pm On Mar 12, 2020
Nbote:
How many ppl dey go there or dey there sef
One million with good brains

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Taciturn1: 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Very manageable population if anything happens.

During winter, you have less than 1000 people on the whole of that continent. We are currently in March. That means it should be winter over there right now if my geography serves me right.

During summer it rises to over 4000. Mostly scientists from the about 7 different countries that lay claim to territory on Antarctica.
probably summer, since northern hemisphere is just exiting winter

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by edoairways: 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
qualityovenbake:
Corona virus can't survive in Antarctica because the virus will be trapped in ice and permafrost for centuries.
grin
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Taciturn1: 11:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
FrLukas:
Nobody really goes there.

Only researchers.
Tourists go there as well. But the ships usually dock at the closer Antarctic peninsula.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Taciturn1: 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
Jabioro:
What is her population? It remained the only continent with no village nor town or city..it is the only continent without emissions..
There's a town Villa Las Estrellas
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Jakalanda: 4:15am On Mar 13, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
Nobody really goes there.

Only researchers.
[/s]
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Btruth: 5:40am On Mar 13, 2020
What about Alaska?
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Ndipe(m): 6:15am On Mar 13, 2020
Are they also Nigerians living in Antarctica?
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Burruchaga71(m): 7:20am On Mar 13, 2020
On my way

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Coldie(m): 7:24am On Mar 13, 2020
FullBlastLight:
Continent, my foot!

How on Earth is Antarctica even reckoned a Continent in d 1st instance??

It's highly characteristic of every Continent 2 comprise a number of countries & pple; how Antarctica fits in here as a ''continent'' puzzles me!
A continent must not have countries.

A continent can be a stand alone country.

Reason why Antarctica is yet to full be developed apart from it being an ice desert with nothing growing in it, developed countries signed a treaty on Antarctica, that only allows it to be used for scientific purposes and sharing of data.

If they leave some knuckle head countries like Russia and north Korea, they are willing and ready to turn the country into a nuclear testing site.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 13, 2020
Taciturn1:
Tourists go there as well. But the ships usually dock at the closer Antarctic peninsula.

Tourists?

What's there to see 'cept snow?

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Jakalanda: 7:30am On Mar 13, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Tourists?

[/s]
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Kingrefreshed: 7:38am On Mar 13, 2020
Explorers:
British scientists in Antarctica revealed that their team have enough food to survive 'for years' on the frozen continent if the coronavirus outbreak escalates.

UK's Rothera station leader, Michael Brian, also said strict protocols have been put in place to protect the 140-strong team at the base.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8086555/British-scientists-Antarctica-reveal-strict-protocols-place-combat-coronavirus.html?ito=social-facebook

No wahala! Italians are coming

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by shogsmania: 7:58am On Mar 13, 2020
Enoch07:
Ned go there last month now,our flag is outside the entrance of the continent standing strong.
Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by shogsmania: 8:01am On Mar 13, 2020
Italians reading this post be like,we'll be with you soon,we're in this together.

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:26am On Mar 13, 2020
nopoverty:
members of the non academic staff of university who have enrolled in IPPIS have not been paid their February salary talkless of ASUU who refused to enrolled, Federal government is a number one 419

We are discussing coronavirus pls....forget ghost workers

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:30am On Mar 13, 2020
It will get there soon

1 Like

Re: Antarctica, The Only Continent Without Coronavirus (Photos) by Taciturn1: 9:45am On Mar 13, 2020
FrLukas:

Tourists?

First, there's the thrill of sighting a land only few humans have ever seen, then they also get to cross the reputed Drake passage, which is the vast body of ocean water between South America and Antarctica, considered the most violent part of the entire oceans of the world (It causes fascination to say "I've crossed the Drake passage)

Tourists get to interact with Antarctic Penguins (Penguins are predominantly from Antarctica) and Whales.

Explore and take photographs of fantastic landscapes. It's really beautiful down there, though haven't been there, but someday...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FACT-CHECK: Is Coronavirus Caused By 5G Technology? / HIV Positive Ene Was The Lady At Ajah - Solomon Buchi / My Skin Is Too Soft (please Help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.