Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano (113358 Views)

Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement / Emir Sanusi's Home In Awe, Nasarawa State After Dethronement (Photos) / Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by CSTR2: 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
The same powers that removed onoghen without due process have removed this one.

The current powers have no respect for rules. They will fucckk you up if you move contrary to their nefarious interests.

If you know you have anything to lose which you can't afford to, stay out of their way.

no be only you get Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by seyi072000(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
Omasee ooooo

What a pity.

2023 is here
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by akanbiaa(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
gurunlocker:
They really embarrassed this man... He was castigated because of speaking the truth because of what the North has become regarding poverty, illiteracy and terrorism.

I knew he will step on toes...
Still don't be surprised if Sanusi gets a very huge Federal appointment In the future or either becomes Governor of Kano or even President of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by petewilson73: 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
Oh dear

zzzz//////
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Ojiofor: 5:40pm On Mar 09, 2020
Witcher:
no Sanusi is more closer to the crown than Ado Bayero. His father too was dethroned. They're bad at following government rules

But Aminu Bayero was favoured to succeed his father before APC influenced emergency of Sanuri as Emir with support of Kano state governor then,reason been that he was a whistleblower against the government of GEJ then.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by AfroBeatDiary: 5:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
The press release of his removal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubtI1fEDm_o
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by LONGPREEK(m): 5:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
what happpens if he ever enters kano
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by CSTR2: 5:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
AreaFada2:

But wait o. Can't Adamawa refuse him? Does Sanusi have a house in Adamawa?
Which law backs exiling someone to another state in 2020?
The current powers today are as malicious and crude as the villains in Leonardo da Vinci's Florence's society.

They are telling you to shove your rules where it doesn't shine.
They own this shitt.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by lastmessenger: 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
Bobbyfreshh:

Are u this dumb Do you know what is 20 billion dollars?
it was a dream.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by WINDSOW(m): 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
TrebleChamp:
The only true monarch in Nigeria is the Oba of Benin. Every other king in Nigeria are ceremonial or politically nominated kings. No govt can try this with the Oba of Benin Kingdom...
Any Governor wey try am, him generation go craze die
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Witcher(f): 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ojiofor:

But Aminu Bayero was favoured to succeed his father before APC influenced emergency of Sanuri as Emir with support of Kano state governor then,reason been that he was a whistleblower against the government of GEJ then.
Yep
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Sterope(f): 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
Common sense has departed from you people.

What does that have to do with anything?

Keziehenry:
grin
Shebi he campaigned for change, oya enjoy the change you campaigned for. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by 21cents: 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
FemiOyewoleGCFR:

SLS actually paid for his sins.. What humiliation!
pls save me that rhetoric of him paying for whatever sins against GEJ.
humiliated?? definitely!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by pacespot(m): 5:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
gurunlocker:
They really embarrassed this man... He was castigated because of speaking the truth because of what the North has become regarding poverty, illiteracy and terrorism.

I knew he will step on toes...

Exactly my thought, he recently called out almajiri saying children should be in schools rather than on the streets begging, one of the northern clerics retorted saying almajiri is their culture, no one should speak against it. Sanusi has severally blamed northern leaders for ravaging poverty in the north, I bet this is what has come back to haunt him.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by CSTR2: 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ushiesunday:
He should go and apologize to Jonathan.. Never you play with the blood of South South. He clamour for change and he has received it.
I don't think ganduje and the Abuja cabal were thinking of Jonathan when they decided to fucckk sanusi up.

One has nothing to do with the other.

It's more about consolidation of power and removal of any dissenting voice in a political stronghold.

5 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sunofgod:
The rest of his life?
That's too harsh.

The rest of his life my foot.

Is the Governor going to be in office for ever?

Once the tenure of the one who bash him expires , he will come back to town.

And he can still contest it in The Court of Law.

The Governor only has the right to dethrone him, he doesn't have the right to banish him.

Wetin coinsine me self.

Wetin cosine Pope for Ramadan matter grin

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by gurunlocker: 5:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
akanbiaa:
Still don't be surprised if Sanusi gets a very huge Federal appointment In the future or either becomes Governor of Kano or even President of Nigeria.

I won't... I know it's all politics.

He is as well too learned to be on that throne wasting talent. It's all have the negative and positive side.

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by zigzagluv: 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
not for the oba of benin ,the government can change d oba of benin
ERockson:
Traditional leaders in Nigeria are nothing and nothing more that a governor can remove at will. I believe as SLS is being paid back today, It will definitely be a pay back time for Ganduje soon or later
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by GamalNasser: 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
sapientia:
So SLS will never enter Kano again till he dies.

Yup.. same thing happened to sultana dasuki
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Sermwell(m): 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2020
TrebleChamp:
The only true monarch in Nigeria is the Oba of Benin. Every other king in Nigeria are ceremonial or politically nominated kings. No govt can try this with the Oba of Benin Kingdom...
just shut the fvck up!! The governor has the constitutional powers to dethrone any traditional ruler within his domain. Oba of Benin should just respect himself, that's all!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by colestephan86: 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2020
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2020
Funmisurge:
Frankly speaking, Sanusi failed to respect the throne he occupied perhaps, he got it on the platter of gold. A traditional ruler is a father to all politicians and must be fair to them all.
I haven't seen any traditional ruler in recent times, that has shouldered partisan politics as he was as an Emir. Sanusi never see his governor as anything but a riffraff and nonentity compared to him who was former CBN governor and all of that. Forgetting the fact that, the governor is even more literate and well read than him, earned his Phd and so his wife, two of his children. Pride, they said goes before fall. #Lesson for others to learn#

Bad point.... So if you are asked to choose a scholar to help ur carrier, u will choose ganduje over Sanusi bcox ganduje has PhD...

4 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by sirabu: 5:52pm On Mar 09, 2020
scholes0:
This is how they exiled their Emirs to lands in the middle belt in the past and the exiled ones ended up creating little fiefdoms for themselves by forcefully taking away the lands that belonged to the original tribes of those places.
From their ancestral home in Fuuta Toro Senegal, to Sokoto to Kano city and now to Nassarawa... These invaders basically see middle belt states as their backwater provinces. Since when does Kano state have 'royal boys quarters' in Nasarawa which is a completely independent and autonomous state entity under the Nigerian constitution just like Kano? why wasn't he exiled to Katsina or Gwandu? undecided These Northerners are still reasoning like we are in the age of the Sokoto terrorist jihad.
Its not your fault, its the fault of your ancestors that were busy jumping from tree to tree, stalked naked when the British colonial/missionaries masters came.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by eagleu: 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
Karma, karma, karma. Why do I call you?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by CSTR2: 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

The rest of his life my foot.

Is the Governor going to be in office for ever?

Once the tenure of the one who bash him expires , he will come back to town.

And he can still contest it in The Court of Law.

The Governor only has the right to dethrone him, he doesn't have the right to banish him.

Wetin coinsine me self.

Wetin cosine Pope for Ramadan matter grin
He has been banished.

Once it is stamped by the Abuja cabal, it is done.
Getting a judge to enforce it is easy. Even oshiomhole was able to get one on his side.

It seems you don't know the Nigeria you currently live in.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by TruthinAction: 5:55pm On Mar 09, 2020
He should have resigned long before now. But it's for a while. He will bounce back when the tyrant is gone.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by shaw2(m): 5:55pm On Mar 09, 2020
You want me to be Frank?
In fact in going to be Franklin
He got who he deserved.
Was it fair the way he publicly humiliated Jonathan and his government upon all the trust he gave to him.
Jonathan wasn't arrested and exiled to Gabon unlike him that was arrested for doing nothing and exiled to another state within Nigeria. What a shame.
flejnr:
Let’s be frank it’s this fair ?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Keziehenry(m): 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sterope:
Common sense has departed from you people.

What does that have to do with anything?

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by MartinsD12(m): 5:57pm On Mar 09, 2020
Calculating:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/breaking-sanusi-arrested-exiled-to-nassarawa/amp/
Law of karma is real, Sanusi should enjoy the unfair treatment he receiving from ganduje, he meted the same treatment to Jonathan by making sure he completely destroyed Jonathan reputation and image while in power
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by APCNig: 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
GEJ smiles and waves at Emir Sanusi as he's been conveyed to Nassarawa state cheesy cheesy

Inside life

Ex-staff of Oceanic Bank, Intercontinental Bank, Bank PHB and other banks that were illegally and forcefully taken over by Sanusi Lamido Sanusi are also waving at him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Mcbussy(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
uruba23:
I am sure this is a big Joke the Nigeria constitution allows freedom of association and movement .

But it does not guarantee freedom after such association and movement. Shame
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Gandollaar(f): 5:59pm On Mar 09, 2020
Bbbwings:

So you're the mouthpiece of northerners.
Federal security agents were used to bungle the man.
It means Buhari accents to Gandollaar actions
Na now you know say bubu na my boy?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sokoto Road, Kaduna: El-Rufai Constructs Road That Looks Like European Road / Photo Of Bianca Ojukwu After Slapping Ebelechukwu Obiano As Nigerians React / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.