Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano (113356 Views)

Sanusi, Ganduje Reunite In Abuja Airport Two Years After Dethronement / Emir Sanusi's Home In Awe, Nasarawa State After Dethronement (Photos) / Obasanjo Writes Letter To Sanusi: Your Dethronement As Emir Is Good And Bad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Thedangy: 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
For a renowned monarch of an ancient city to be removed in such a disgraceful manner, clearly points to the fact that a lot is obviously wrong with Nigerian constitution that needs to be looked into.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 09, 2020
ppogba:

Noted Sir.

Are you are an I badan person?

Do you reside in Ibadan?

The Deji of Akure that was dethroned does not have the backing of his people?

One again, your arguments are noted.
Is it not the afobajes that removed him? Was it a governor? That was a traditional issue.
I hope the same thing happens to the current oluwo of iwo because I don't think they heard properly from ifa before coronating him.
The only way the populace can support a governor over a king in Yoruba land is only if the king did something really grave.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by petewilson73: 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
hmmmmm

zzzz//////
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by PrinceKenne(m): 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
Where the heritage of our tradition? What is the issue with my country home? Who really cursed this land? How do we manage to get to this level? How do we locate our lost treasure?
God please where your face? Have mercy upon this nation ooo!!!!!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by ppogba: 7:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
Thedangy:
For a renowned monarch of an ancient city to be removed in such a disgraceful manner, clearly points to the fact that a lot is obviously wrong with Nigerian constitution that needs to be looked into.

Concerning this, there is nothing wrong with the constitution.

The problem is that the traditional institution has disrespected itself in so many ways hence it's being dragged in the mud.

The institution needs to work on itself and win the respect back.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Biodun556(m): 7:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
flejnr:
Let’s be frank it’s this fair ?

As a traditional ruler, you don't involve in politics or support the opponents against the incubent. If it becomes a must then it should done underground.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by saaron(m): 7:33pm On Mar 09, 2020
I don't give a crap about what happens in fulani kingdom. They can fight and dethrone themselves for all I care. It's their bloody northern fulani islamic problem, not Nigeria.
However, I'm not surprised that Sanusi was detroned. In the first place, Aminu Ado Bayero was/is the rightful heir to the throne, not Sanusi.
Sanusi's enthronement as emir of Kano was based nothing but a political consideration to spite GEJ and water down his govt's influence in the north as 2015 presidential elections approaches.
Sanusi allowed himself to be used by GEJ's political opponents. They used him extensively to discredit the then PDP govt and make them unpopular by throwing out unbelievable figures that huge sums of dollars amouting to billions have disapeared from the vault. But Sanusi, who at that time was under investigation for financial impropriety in CBN by the Financial Intelligence of Nigeria made this sporious allegation of missing cash to save himself. Of course Sanusi's investigation by the then govt was immediately given a political coloration by the opposition APC who claimed Sanusi was being persecuted for raising alarm over alleged missing $20 billion. An allegation even Sanusi himself could not defend as he gave out conflicting figures when interrogated by the Senate.
After Sanusi's suspension as CBN gov by the then president GEJ to allow for smooth Investigations on Sanusi's financial activities in CBN (Remember the N100 million CBN money Sanusi gave out outrightly to Kano IDPs?), the opposition, who at that time were solidly behind Sanusi for politics of course came up with a plan. How can they save Sanusi from investigation and possible prosecution by GEJ's govt? Royal office was the solution. Give Sanusi royal office. Since royal office holders in Nigeria are hardly investigated or prosecuted for corruption no matter how bloody corrupt they're based on Nigeria's corrupt feeding bottle system, the opposition led by Kwankwaso who was Kano gov at that time decided to make Sanusi a royal office holder. Almost immediately, Sanusi was announced by the Kano state gov, Kwankwaso as the new emir of Kano.
All this was done to save Sanusi from prosecution and spite GEJ govt who incidentally at that time were lobbying for Aminu Ado Bayero to be made emir of Kano. Now Aminu Bayero is the new emir of Kano. Turns out GEJ's govt were supporing the right candidate.
Well, now with Sanusi dethrone, I guess the corrupt alliance the then APC opposition saints had with him has expired.
Sanusi is nothing but a bloody corrupt fellow who used the ''Royal Office'' antidote to save himself from prosecution.
ONE NIGERIA IS DEAD!

3 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Ejima1: 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2020
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by ppogba: 7:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
Stevecovey:

Is it not the afobajes that removed him? Was it a governor? That was a traditional issue.
I hope the same thing happens to the current oluwo of iwo because I don't think they heard properly from ifa before coronating him.
The only way the populace can support a governor over a king in Yoruba land is only if the king did something really grave.

You did not answer my first two questions.

If the answer to any of them is No THEN, I can confidently tell you that as an outsider, the more you look, the less you see.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by cyrilamx(m): 7:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
einsteine:

The government can and will if the Oba gives them reason to

The Oba of Benin was deported and exiled to Calabar to die by the British.

Those who control the guns have the power,not the Oba. There's no traditional leader that can't be dethroned if they do anyhow. Who pays the salaries of the monarchs?
But the difference is that the British realised they can't impose a king on the Binis, that it must be the first son who must succeed to the throne but not when the Sitting Oba is alive.... the throne was vacant till it was proven Oba Ovonramwen had joined his ancestors. Try to know the Benin regal culture very well. I repeat no Gov. can't toil with the Benin monarchy cos the Binis literary worship their Oba and the government know this. Hence they try to cultivate good relationship with the palace and not the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by NGpatriot: 7:59pm On Mar 09, 2020
It was gathered that the security operatives are heading to Nassarawa state where Sanusi will spend the rest of his life in asylum.

This must be a joke..

grin grin
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by NGpatriot: 8:03pm On Mar 09, 2020
Why are Igbos so obsessed with this Sanusi issue?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
This whole emirate thing has turned out to be a joke afterall.

The same fate awaits the Federal Republic of Nigeria....

A Kingdom can endure with unbelief, but it cannot endure with injustice - Usman Dan Fodio

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Endyjay(m): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
GEJ smiles and waves at Emir Sanusi as he's been conveyed to Nassarawa state cheesy cheesy

Inside life
BeeBeeOoh:
GEJ smiles and waves at Emir Sanusi as he's been conveyed to Nassarawa state cheesy cheesy

Inside life
BeeBeeOoh:

Inside life
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by chukwumzurum(m): 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2020
They had to use DSS other security agancy to arrest him for failing in his traditional rituals.
Culture and religion self.. this people never seem to baffle. The only northern leader that I could say had clarity and unbiased.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by onegig(m): 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
We have many dumb people in Nigeria.

You can remove someone from power, A governor or whomsoever has no right to exile someone from a city except a competent Law court passes such judgement..

To see thousands regurgitate this rubbish not only shows the ignorance of most Nigerians but their naivety.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by ogbonti: 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2020
veekid:

History repeats itself, in 1963, Emir Sir Muhammadu Sanusi I was dethroned as a result of the power struggle between him and Ahmadu Bello.

57 years later, his grandson Emir Sanusi Mohammed Sanusi II is dethroned by Governor Ganduje.

PS... Aminu Bayero has been crowned the new EMIR lol

AND HOW DID AHMADU "MR. TRIBALISM" BELLO MEET HIS END?

he was beaten to death by Major Kaduna Nzeogwu after being extracted from hiding behind his wives --- and his body riddled with bullets!

so before you quote how Ahmadu Bello disgraced his grand father - also state how the life of the man that disgraced him ended

BTW - Chief FS Okotie-Eboh pulled that same stunt in Warri - dethroning the Olu of Warri, Ogiame Erejuwa II and banished him to Ogbesse

and installed Prince Moju Igbene as Ogiame Ekengbuwa II. How did Okotie-Eboh die ? same as Ahmadu Bello, body riddled with

bullets and thrown into a pit on the road side - Even Akengbuwa II died a horrible death too for taking a throne that was politically motivated which was not approved by the gods. There is something about royal fathers - regardless of their faults, do not humiliate them.

You may dethrone if the case is not to satisfy partisan politics

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by 77up(m): 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2020
flejnr:
It's not fair at all sad

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Thegamingorca(m): 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2020
Witcher:
Security Operatives have arrested Muhammadu Sansui II, the dethroned Emir of Kano and whisked him out of the ancient city amidst tight Security.

The palace was cordoned by the combined team of DSS, Police and the Military who had placed him under house arrest before they swooped into the massive abode, seized and took him away..

Aminu Ado Bayero, one of the Sons of late Emir Ado Bayero might be crowned as the 16th Fulani Emir of Kano.

Congratulations Aminu Ado Bayero.
Now let's get back to APC and Oshiomole issues

I guess you are right.

This could provoke all out war
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by FemiOyewoleGCFR(m): 8:42pm On Mar 09, 2020
membranus:

Please make it happen so that I can quote you.

I would not be the one that will make it happen but with time, drama will unfold itself..
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Thegamingorca(m): 8:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
Tomorrow6863:
see below

Stfu you psycho
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by FemiOyewoleGCFR(m): 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2020
armadeo:

I quote you as a reminder.

Gandoje will pay with shock when the time comes.

The guy has no sense at all. Imagine.

Me am expecting a new book from SLS

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by lancdoz: 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2020
Ganduje that is accused of looting is sentencing a man who has more pedigree than me on exile
How unfortunate are we

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Victorclean1: 8:58pm On Mar 09, 2020
Lie from the pit of hell

ENIGMATIC2023:
Sanusi's Dethronement: The Curse Of The Agaba Idu Must Be Cleansed

"In April 1963, Emir Mohammed Sanusi I of Kano was dethroned. In 1950s, He had plotted the dethronement of the then Atta of Igala Ameh Oboni (Agaba Idu). The Atta’s offense was his refusal to bow before the Sultan of Sokoto, Chairman of Northern Nigeria Council of Chiefs during the Council’s meeting in Kaduna, capital of Northern Nigeria. Ameh Oboni was given the option to remove his crown and bow or be removed from office. But the Atta was a god and could not bow to any human being.

"Ameh Oboni knew that by the Igala tradition, the implication of his dethronement was that none of his descendants would ever be allowed to be crowned Atta after him. So he accepted to remove his crown and bow.

"But the moment he removed his crown, a swam of bees rushed out of his head and chased the chiefs out of their chamber. That ended the plot for that day.

"Oboni then walked up to Emir Sanusi and told him that, for attempting to remove him from office, he Sanusi would lose his throne and that any of his descendants that ever ascended the throne would be dethroned.

"So In April 1963, as Mohammed Sanusi was chauffeured from Kaduna to his palace in Kano after a council meeting, he heard on the car radio of his own dethronement by the Government of Northern Nigeria.

"Today about 57 years after, Emir Mohammed Sanusi’s grand son Emir Lamido Sanusi II has been dethroned.

Ọfọelue Zulu.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by olamakinde(m): 9:06pm On Mar 09, 2020
Power drunk governor

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Uwavee(m): 9:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
is so painful. thank God for Benin kingdom, this rubbish can never happen and will never happen in my state
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by GEEBITE: 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2020
At your level you should know that getting deposed can not be challenged in court.Did you hear or read that Jaja of Opobo or Adeyemi 1 did so?
seunmsg:
This is not legal. He’s still a citizen of Nigeria and should be allowed to stay anywhere he likes outside the Kano emirate. Hopefully, he will challenge the dethronement and the illegal banishment in court.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by banhammy: 9:19pm On Mar 09, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

He's running his 2nd term.
At most, he will try to become senator, and it would be easier for his constituency to vote him in unless he's from same constituency as Sanusi

His end will be disastrous like Ajimobi of Oyo state
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by WINDSOW(m): 9:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
Sermwell:

Go and get some education! the governor can fvck any oba up within his state and nothing will happened!! tell me how many British officials died or craze when oba of Benin was deposed??
Guy go take sniper or you shut your trap!The Oba of Benin Kingdom is never a ceremonial king voted or appointed into kingship. It is a royal throne inherited by tradition. The Oba is so respected that every true Benim sons & daughters pay homage to. The Oba of Benin is not a puppet of any Governor. I bet your King can't earn such respect, you know why? He foolishly sold his birthright for a pot of porridge.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
Power corrupts,a absolute power corrupts absolutely..
Re: Sanusi Lamido Arrested, Exiled To Nasarawa After Dethronement As Emir Of Kano by Don27tiky(m): 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
flejnr:
what do we know

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sokoto Road, Kaduna: El-Rufai Constructs Road That Looks Like European Road / Photo Of Bianca Ojukwu After Slapping Ebelechukwu Obiano As Nigerians React / Akure Youths Flogged Eze-ndigbo Out Of Deji Of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.