Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,156 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

An Ideal Me - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Ideal Me (142 Views)

I Have An Ideal / Is It Ideal To Collect Change When Dropping Offering In Church? / A Heart-rending Narrative On How Religion Destroyed 'an Ideal Family' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Ideal Me by NaijaPageOfGod: 9:14am On Mar 10, 2020

A great and practical way to improve your life is to create a vision of the ideal you. Carry this vision around in your thoughts as you might carry a photo in your wallet. Begin to see yourself the way you want to be—the way God says you can be—instead of how you’ve always been.

With God’s help, intentionally say and do the things the “ideal you” would do, instead of what the old you would have done. If you’ve never been a very disciplined person, but you’d like to become one, start saying, “I am disciplined. I feel great, I take care of myself, and I stay on task.” Believe that God has given you discipline and self-control, and begin acting on it.

Finally, make your goals concrete by writing them down. God told Habakkuk to write his vision down so that the people would be able to run with it (see Habakkuk 2:2), and we can follow his example.

Prayer Starter: Father, please give me a clear vision of the person I want to be (and who You want me to be). Thank You for giving me the strength I need to take the steps I need to take to become that person. In Jesus’s Name, amen.

Credit - Joyce Meyer

From Naijapage - https://naijapage.com/tag/joyce-meyer/

(1) (Reply)

The Wind III / Trending; Religious Group Calls For One Month Prayer To Stop Coronavirus / Coronavirus: Top Islamic Scholar Tackles Those Who Aren’t Taking Outbreak Seriou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.