Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure (47892 Views)

I Got N1m From My Landlady To Kill UNIBEN Female Student For Ritual, Says Suspec / Ghanaian Prostitute Pushes Client To Death From Hotel Window (Video) / Schoolgirl Pushes A Boy, Dares Him, His Reaction Got Him Hailed By Social Media (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Nairafame1: 11:41am On Mar 10, 2020
• We’ve arrested suspect – Police

The family of Olayemi Adetola-Odekoya has been thrown into mourning following her death as a result of a misunderstanding between her and one of her tenants, Saheed Lateef, at their place of residence on Apata Street in the Palmgrove area of Shomolu, Lagos State.

PUNCH Metro gathered that Olayemi’s tenants had complained to her about incessant attacks by thieves, who break into the building to dispossess the residents of their valuables.

To curb the attacks, it was learnt that Olayemi called a meeting of the tenants where it was agreed that she would be in charge of locking and opening the building’s main entrance door at night and in the morning.

The times to shut and open the door were also agreed upon at the meeting.

On the day of the incident, Lateef was said to be set to go to work before the agreed time and ran out of patience when efforts to get the landlady to open the door proved abortive.

Olayemi’s daughter, Adejola, said Lateef broke the main entrance door when her mother did not attend to him on time, adding that when the 56-year-old held him by his shirt, he pushed her to the ground.

According to Adejola, the shock of Lateef’s action affected her health, adding that she died while being rushed to hospital.

She said, “Thieves usually break the doors of some tenants to steal their properties and they were complaining to my mum. So, a meeting was held on Sunday, February 3, 2020, with the tenants, where the time to close the door was set. When my mum asked who would be locking the door, all the tenants said they couldn’t and suggested that she should be locking it.

“But she told them that she was not strong to be opening the door before 5.30am, but she would be locking it by 11pm and they all agreed. Around 5am on the day of the incident, Saheed Lateef, aka Daddy Amid, started banging on the door leading to our section of the building and someone opened it and he came directly to our door and started banging on it. My mum felt that he should have knocked on her door instead of banging on it.

“He left and all of a sudden, he started shouting that he was going to break the door. He eventually broke down the door and my mum came out, held his shirt and prevented him from leaving. She said she was going to take him to the Pedro Police Station for breaking down the door. So, he pushed my mum to free himself from her grip and she fell.

“He left with his wife and children and I quickly rushed my mum to hospital, but she died on the way. He didn’t come back home that day, so the police invited his wife to produce him and he showed up in the evening of the following day.”

A source said the landlady died of chest pain, adding that the incident occurred three weeks after she organised the one-year remembrance of her mother.

The source said, “I observed that the landlady’s children were going up and down, but I continued with my work. Around 10.30am, I saw her best friend and her brother in the house and a resident informed me that the woman had died.

“I was surprised because she was not sick. She celebrated her mother’s one-year remembrance three weeks before she died.

“I heard that she and one of her tenants had a fight and in the process, the tenant pushed her to the ground and she complained of chest pain and she died while being rushed to hospital. The police were invited, but the man was nowhere to be found; but the people, who came on condolence visits to the family, said the tenant’s wife had been arrested.”

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, said Lateef had been arrested, adding that Olayemi became unconscious after she was pushed to the ground and was rushed to the Shomolu General Hospital, where she was confirmed dead.

Elkana stated, “On Monday, February 24, 2020, one Adejola Odekoya reported that around 5am, her mother, Olayemi Odekoya, 56, was pushed to the ground by one Saheed Lateef, a tenant.

“Olayemi became unconscious and was rushed to the Shomolu General Hospital, where she was confirmed dead by a doctor. The suspect, who initially took off, has been arrested. An investigation is ongoing.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/tenant-pushes-landlady-to-death-over-door-closure/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Ladylite: 11:45am On Mar 10, 2020
This is sad
I really don't support living in the same compound as tenants.

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Davash222(m): 11:46am On Mar 10, 2020
One of the disadvantages of living with your landlord.

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by cRobo: 11:48am On Mar 10, 2020
Many are dead but living

Just be careful

Mind your business everyone

I won't say a word

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by EzzyCarter: 11:54am On Mar 10, 2020
undecided The importance of keeping your calm in provoking situations cannot be over-emphasized. Trust me, that flash of anger is not worth it. Don't do something you'll regret forever. So many ppl walking about with dormant life threatening diseases looking for whom to activate their death clause.. Therefore, avoid physical confrontations and fights as much as you can. It's not worth it!

215 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Keziehenry(m): 12:03pm On Mar 10, 2020
Rip to dead. Many persons you see everyday are walking corpse so be wise.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Hoodbilonia: 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
U don enter better gobe. For buhari era. I would rather be insulted verbally and humiliated than to use my hand to find trouble.
Only you know your body.
Most ppl are walking corpse.
Just one slap,push,hit,blow can land u in jail
Now u go join dem awaiting trial dem caged
Hahahahahaha
Man slaughter charges
Hahahahaha

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by slickbak(m): 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
some people just dey wait for wetin go kill them. Baba God make we no cross path with them

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by madridguy(m): 12:21pm On Mar 10, 2020
You people don't get the message. Both the landlord and the tenants agreed to lock the gate by 11 PM and open 5:30 AM this for their safety.

I see no reason why the man didn't inform his landlord about his move so the woman can prepare herself to open for him 5:00 AM that he wanted to go out.

kestolove95:
Landlords in Lagos wee b doing like demigod, serves her ryt
Davash222:
One of the disadvantages of living with your landlord.
Ladylite:
This is sad
I really don't support living in the same compound as tenants.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Blakjewelry(m): 12:34pm On Mar 10, 2020
Na this one dem dey call publem

7 Likes

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Bola146(f): 12:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
Landlady ... Hummmm.... Most of them are hummmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Olunmercy56(f): 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2020
I can't live in a house where the landlady is living sad Most of them are wicked and Frustrating in nature undecided

16 Likes

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by COOL10(m): 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2020
EzzyCarter:
undecided The importance of keeping your calm in provoking situations cannot be over-emphasized. Trust me, that flash of anger is not worth it. Don't do something you'll regret forever. So many ppl walking about with dormant life threatening diseases looking for whom to activate their death clause.. Therefore, avoid physical confrontations and fights as much as you can. It's not worth it!

It's hard keeping your cool when you're facing very troublesome people especially those who feel they can intimidate you.

10 Likes

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Unrated900(m): 2:13pm On Mar 10, 2020
cRobo:
Many are dead but living

Just be careful

Mind your business everyone

I won't say a word

Nice quote bro
Many are dead and walking

2 Likes

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by EzzyCarter: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2020
COOL10:

It's hard keeping your cool when you're facing very troublesome people especially those who feel they can intimidate you.

True. While you can't control how people act towards you, you sure can control the way you react to them.

As for those who think they can intimidate you, I have no issues telling em a piece of my mind and staying away from them. The only thing I'll avoid is going physical coz
If trouble ensues, the law doesn't care who started it in the first place

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 10, 2020
Where do we categorize this man ?

Many people are not healthy as you see them. Some people are just waiting for others to kill them and spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

If you don't like your landlord, relocate.

Its not the only house in Nigeria.

20 Likes

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
madridguy:
You people don't get the message. Both the landlord and the tenants agreed to lock the gate by 11 PM and open 5:30 AM this for their safety.

I see no reason why the man didn't inform his landlord about his move so the woman can prepare herself to open for him 5:00 AM that he wanted to go out.

What we have today are high handed tenants.

If you don't like your landlord, relocate.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Adgideon(m): 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2020
Well I hope he get it easy
Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Randy100: 4:35pm On Mar 10, 2020
I was preparing to go and ginger my landlady this evening for slapping my girlfriend but I am now having a second thought with this news. Violence is not always right.

20 Likes

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by ursullalinda(f): 5:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
Omo see gobe......im just feeling for the tenant.....Anger is bad wahlai.

2 Likes

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by Roon9(m): 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
That's why as much as I can I always try to avoid confrontation

1 Like

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by ainas247: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
cry
Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by wolesmile(m): 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
One of the reasons I hate living in the same building with the landlords/ladies

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by iCauseTrouble: 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
So much tenants killing landlords nowadays. I think I will just build and put goats and sheep there.
I can't come and die

11 Likes

Re: Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure by free2ryhme: 5:06pm On Mar 10, 2020

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide / 22-Year-Old Buys ₦4.6m Car With Fake Bank Alert, Lands In Ondo Police Net / Man Beats Wife To Death 2 Weeks After She Gave Birth In Rivers State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.