Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court (48093 Views)

Sule Abdullahi On Sanusi: Ganduje Called To Ask If I Would Accept Deposed Emir / El-Rufai Appoints Deposed Emir Sanusi Into KADIPA Board / Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by Stirling0: 6:42am On Mar 11, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

As usual, they will rope Tinubu into their fantasy.

What's Tinubu got to do with Sanusi disrespect of his state laws and insubordination?

What's next? Tinubu is responsible for Coronavirus?

[/s]
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by Monday60655(m): 9:41am On Mar 11, 2020
In as much as I applauded the law of karma that bounced on Sanusi on his action to ousted Goodluck Jonathan in 2015.
But I am in total against his banishment in Kano by corrupt Ganduje. As well as ban from having any visitor.
Gandollar your own karma awaits you.
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by senatordave1(m): 10:07am On Mar 11, 2020
ejimatic:
. I am yet to fully understand what Alaibe wants Did he take part in the PDP primary? Why did he say Diri was wrongly nominated? Did Alaibe win and Doris name was written as a replacement? If PDP conducted primary according to the party s constitution why going to court again? From the summary of the judgement it appears there is logicality in the conclusions of the IMO high court.
Alaibe claimed that the pdp constitution does not allow elected chairmen and counselors to vote in primaries except they have spent 90 days.he claimed that they were allowed to vote which rendered the primaries an illegality.that is the crux of the matter.
The judge in his judgment never delved into this.instead,he claimed it is an internal affair of pdp meanwhile the supreme court has ruled on similar cases severally.
The judge also stated that how would alaibe know whether those illegal delegates votes for alaibe or diri,this means that the judge accepts that they voted.he should have gone ahead to nullify the primaries.
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by ejimatic: 10:23am On Mar 11, 2020
senatordave1:

Alaibe claimed that the pdp constitution does not allow elected chairmen and counselors to vote in primaries except they have spent 90 days.he claimed that they were allowed to vote which rendered the primaries an illegality.that is the crux of the matter.
The judge in his judgment never delved into this.instead,he claimed it is an internal affair of pdp meanwhile the supreme court has ruled on similar cases severally.
The judge also stated that how would alaibe know whether those illegal delegates votes for alaibe or diri,this means that the judge accepts that they voted.he should have gone ahead to nullify the primaries.
. I am always happy to have you on nairaland with your succinct and straightforward comments. As I was reading your contribution my mind went to the last part of the judge's analysis not knowing it was already included.....How did he know that both of them voted? Was it proved in the court with pictures videos and copies of their ballot papers traceable to them? Did the difference in the results indicate that the two voted?As long as it was not fully established Alaibe will lose the case to the SC
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by senatordave1(m): 11:09am On Mar 11, 2020
ejimatic:
. I am always happy to have you on nairaland with your succinct and straightforward comments. As I was reading your contribution my mind went to the last part of the judge's analysis not knowing it was already included.....How did he know that both of them voted? Was it proved in the court with pictures videos and copies of their ballot papers traceable to them? Did the difference in the results indicate that the two voted?As long as it was not fully established Alaibe will lose the case to the SC
Sir it seems you are misapprehending the case like the judge.it is settled in law that there's a rebuttable presumption of regularity that elections took place.before the primaries,a list of the delegates who will vote were published and thet included the disputed lga delegates.it is assumed in law that they voted.am sure alaibe had video evidences plus printed ballot papers.
Again,the statement of the judge clearly conceded to that fact.the question for determination is whether by the provisions of the pdp constitution their votes were valid or not?
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by ejimatic: 11:41am On Mar 11, 2020
senatordave1:

Sir it seems you are misapprehending the case like the judge.it is settled in law that there's a rebuttable presumption of regularity that elections took place.before the primaries,a list of the delegates who will vote were published and thet included the disputed lga delegates.it is assumed in law that they voted.am sure alaibe had video evidences plus printed ballot papers.
Again,the statement of the judge clearly conceded to that fact.the question for determination is whether by the provisions of the pdp constitution their votes were valid or not?
. With the statement ..How are you sure they voted? I don't think Alaibe use logical evidence including the list of delegates as you indicated to prove his case.....
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by senatordave1(m): 11:48am On Mar 11, 2020
ejimatic:
. With the statement ..How are you sure they voted? I don't think Alaibe use logical evidence including the list of delegates as you indicated to prove his case.....
You cannot assume so.their very inclusion in the list rendered the primaries invalid.infact,in this very case you should give alaibe the benefit of the doubt afterall he quoted directly from the pdp guidelines.
Infact he went to court in July to stop the holding of lg elections so that they will not participate in the sept primaries since they will not meet the 90 days requirement.he alaibe was given a copy of the delegate list therefore he must have tendered all needed proofs.
What i expected you to scrutinize legally is the statement of the judge that the case is an internal affair of pdp which he cannot delve into which more or less decided the case.is that the position of the supreme court?
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by PFRB: 12:00pm On Mar 11, 2020
hisgrace090:
Which court, the one under buhari or another?
In the one under Buhari, there is no justice no equity, no fair play and no logic.
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by ejimatic: 12:08pm On Mar 11, 2020
senatordave1:

You cannot assume so.their very inclusion in the list rendered the primaries invalid.infact,in this very case you should give alaibe the benefit of the doubt afterall he quoted directly from the pdp guidelines.
Infact he went to court in July to stop the holding of lg elections so that they will not participate in the sept primaries since they will not meet the 90 days requirement.he alaibe was given a copy of the delegate list therefore he must have tendered all needed proofs.
What i expected you to scrutinize legally is the statement of the judge that the case is an internal affair of pdp which he cannot delve into which more or less decided the case.is that the position of the supreme court?
. The position of the supreme court is that the party decides the primary according to the party s constitution. If there is a proof of deviation from the partys regulation and it is established at the court the primary becomes invalid .APC vrs MarafA in Zamfare supra. In my opinion Alaibe s citation possibly the constitution of the party without proof of the accused voting in the primary will make his case lack merit in any court of law...That a person name is on the voter list does not mean he will vote? The question is important..How are you sure they voted? Any reasonable judge who has seen a lot of evidence will never ask that question.So what is missing is PROOF beyond any reasonable doubt which will make Alaibes case acceptable based on probability..
Re: Deposed Emir Sanusi Heads To Court by Kfed4ril(m): 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2020
seunmsg:
This is a welcome development. The court will have to rule on the validity of the dethronement and the legality of the banishment. The deposed emir Jakolo of Gwandu also challenged his dethronement and banishment by the Kebbi State government in 2005 and he won at the high court and appeal court. The Supreme Court is yet to rule on the matter.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that the court will quash the illegal banishment to Nasarawa State. As for the dethronement, I don’t have a good knowledge of the law governing the Kano emirate so I will have to wait for the decision of the court on the matter.

Lol
Don’t be surprised if your sharia Supreme Court rules that he is imminently not qualified to be Emir or that he is technically banished.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilot Excited To Fly Peter Obi To Ghana Last Night - Photos / APC Leaders Take Pictures With Peter Obi At Senator Barau Son's Wedding / Bayelsa Election: Falana Says Supreme Court Is Wrong, Lacks Jurisdiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.