Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli (6334 Views)

5 Brilliant And Funny Quotes From Mario Balotelli / Balotelli And Mancini In Training Ground Fight / Jack Wilshere Has Successful Surgery On Ankle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by ElRazur: 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2010
What are you on about?

You asked for his credentials, you got one and now you try and move the goal post?

Again, you ain't really saying anything. You see, anyone with half a brain see through your charade. You do not like anything arsenal. How many times do you come in there (Arsenal's thread) to post some illogical stuff and be a WUM? Please don't be talking about illogical post because you have no ground whatsoever to mention such a thing given the type of post you make when it comes to arsenal.

Muller earns this, Kross earns that. Jesus dude. The people who know better than you and me decided he is 2nd best and so it shall be regardless of what you say. If you have a problem with the fact he came second, please do a self-addressed-Envelope to the organising committee/body and you should get a reply.
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2010
How does earning a call up to a NT alone makes a player best in Europe?

What makes him better than other players earning call ups for their countries?

I do not like Arsenal now stops you from making a logical argument in favour of your player?

In your own football eyes and judgment, What has made Wilshere more deserving or better than Muller, Kroos Lukaku and others
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by ElRazur: 6:57pm On Dec 27, 2010
Again it sucks reading the same thing. Nothing new you are saying.

I already mentioned in my previous post around the beginning that there are other factors taken into consideration. I find it odd that you have to ask me that again. Surely, logic should make it known that I answered this already?

For the x number of time, He was Second  and if you have a problem with that, pick it up with the people who made the decision. Can I make this any simple for you?

Just to further buttress my point. He appeared to have moved quickly from graduating at Arsenal academy, playing for the senior team and representing his home country. Again, in your books all of these count for nothing?

As per your last question, this is not about me. This is about you having a problem that he was second and making excuses for balotelli's comment, before making attempts to try and save face because I highlighted you are nothing other than a WUM and one who have problem with Arsenal.

Please tell me, how many posts have you made today as a WUM in Arsenal thread? I rest my case.
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by dayokanu(m): 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2010
ElRazur:

Just to further buttress my point. He appeared to have moved quickly from graduating at Arsenal academy, playing for the senior

And How is this diffwerent for other guys I mentioned? At least something must have made him different? What has he achieved different from other guys to make him more deserving.

You wake up, eat breakfast and go to school doesnt differentiate a student from other students

Please tell me, how many posts have you made today as a WUM in Arsenal thread? I rest my case.

How does this affect the debate at hand?
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by ElRazur: 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2010
dayokanu:

And How is this diffwerent for other guys I mentioned? At least something must have made him different? What has he achieved different from other guys to make him more deserving.

You wake up, eat breakfast and go to school doesnt differentiate a student from other students

Again send an S-A-E to the committee and I'm sure they will highlight the criteria for you. Let me borrow your logic for a second and say the same can be said for the winner. However, unlike you I do not begrudge Balotelli of his winning.

How does this affect the debate at hand?

Same way I wonder what your post are up to in an Arsenal Fans only thread.

The point here is that you have a problem with Arsenal and hence Wilshere will never get a good reception or a positive post from you. I will engage in this debate even more if you do not spend your time posting claptraps in Arsenal thread just for the purpose of WUMing.
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Sagamite(m): 10:31pm On Dec 28, 2010
Although I like confident guys that are arrogant with guile, but such positive disposition is only given when they have the competence to back up their arrogance.

Balotelli has not done ANYTHING to come close to justifying this claim. He is a dreamer!
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by jaybee3(m): 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2010
^
Scored his 8th goal for man city today though.
So far I'd say he has definitely delivered
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Sagamite(m): 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Achievement earned him a place in England squad?

What should we say about someone who not only earned a place in germany's squad but was Highest goal scorer at the World cup and Young player of the World cup? Thomas Muller who was a 3rd division player 2 yrs ago and now Golden boot winner

What do we say about Toni kroos that was best midfielder in the league with 10 goals in 45 appearances, Toni Kroos who lit up every age group category in European football

What do we say about Lukakus goals return at that young age

DK, you keep on harping about this Muller achievement. Abegi, pure coincidental, one-off luck. He was just lucky to be in a team playing wonderful football and with a model midfield that were feeding like murrafuckers.

There was nothing Muller did individually that showed the exceptionality of the likes of Ronaldo that can be attributed to a prodigal genius. If you have another WC tomorrow, I am sure nothing can guarantee/suggest Muller can repeat the feat. Is he scoring or has ever scored like a WC top-scorer for his clubs? Nah!

So far what his WC top-scorer achievement says about his ability is no better than what Oleg Salenko WC top-scorer said about him or Angelos Charisteas EC top-scorer says about him.

Wilshere playing less than 20 games (15 games) is playing on par with (even more than) what Balotelli played at the same age of 18 (11 games), Muller (4) and Kroos (17). And in my opinion, midfield is the hardest place to play and the hardest to breakthrew to for a young player. Lazy buggers like myself play defence because we know it does not involve a lot of running, just brain work to assess the game coming towards you and break it. Midfielders are horses and the creative engine.

Lukaku and Kroos look really exceptional and prodigies.
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Sagamite(m): 11:54pm On Dec 28, 2010
jay bee:

^
Scored his 8th goal for man city today though.
So far I'd say he has definitely delivered

Yes, no doubt he is delivering, but he has not done anything in his career to even warrant him opening his mouth to the likes of Rooney and Fabregas.

In comparison to Rooney at this age, he has not scored the same amount of goals, does not possess half of the skills and does not have a fraction of the level of influence Rooney (or Fabregas) had on a team at 20.
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by dayokanu(m): 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2010
Sagamite:

DK, you keep on harping about this Muller achievement. Abegi, pure coincidental, one-off luck.

This is pure undiluted crap, Coincidental one off luck ? Are you serious? I doubt you know the Muller we are talking about.

The guy scored 19 goals last season and 5 World cup goals.

He was just lucky to be in a team playing wonderful football and with a model midfield that were feeding like murrafuckers.

Cant you say the same thing about Messi who has been wonderful at club but not too fantastic at NT. That means Messi should never have won the individual honours he won because He was just lucky to be in a team playing wonderful football and with a model midfield that were feeding like murrafuckers.

There was nothing Muller did individually that showed the exceptionality of the likes of Ronaldo that can be attributed to a prodigal genius. If you have another WC tomorrow, I am sure nothing can guarantee/suggest Muller can repeat the feat. Is he scoring or has ever scored like a WC top-scorer for his clubs? Nah!

Then I say you dont know him This actually confirms it. A guy playing his first season as a professional footballer and scores 19 goals. Abeg stick to Falcons and Golden Eaglets thread

So far what his WC top-scorer achievement says about his ability is no better than what Oleg Salenko WC top-scorer said about him or Angelos Charisteas EC top-scorer says about him.

Again I would say stick to Celebrity and Romance threads. Angelos Charisteas was never top scorer in any competition.

FYI in this section facts are sacred, Brush up the facts  tongue tongue

Wilshere playing less than 20 games (15 games) is playing on par with (even more than) what Balotelli played at the same age of 18 (11 games), Muller (4) and Kroos (17).

Who cares about their ages? They are all young players and all qualify for the award, the fact that one is younger makes no difference.

When awarding Best player of U17 tournaments, would they consider the age that Player A is younger than player B?

And in my opinion, midfield is the hardest place to play and the hardest to breakthrew to for a young player. Lazy buggers like myself play defence because we know it does not involve a lot of running, just brain work to assess the game coming towards you and break it. Midfielders are horses and the creative engine.

Story story How come Strikers win awards time and again? Do you know Muller at all? he plays every role in AM and he has never played as a striker, Most of his goals were scored from his position on the right. Muller is an AM. Would an Arsenal fan call Nasri a striker?

Lukaku and Kroos look really exceptional and prodigies.

Lukaku and Kroos both have better stats than Wilshere and are more deserving of the honours
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Sagamite(m): 12:36am On Dec 29, 2010
dayokanu:

This is pure undiluted crap, Coincidental one off luck ? Are you serious? I doubt you know the Muller we are talking about.

The guy scored 19 goals last season and 5 World cup goals.

13 League goals at the age of 20, we are not talking about a teenager here. Even the above average Balotelli is almost at that figure half way through the season, so what is so special about that?

The guy is good but abeg stop using WC TGS to start using him as some kind of God-comparison.

dayokanu:

Cant you say the same thing about Messi who has been wonderful at club but not too fantastic at NT. That means Messi should never have won the individual honours he won because He was just lucky to be in a team playing wonderful football and with a model midfield that were feeding like murrafuckers.

No you can't say the same thing about Messi.

No 1, Messi gets more focus and is marked out but still performs.

No 2, Messi is a winger, not a striker, Muller plays striker sometimes.

No 3, even if Messi does not give you bags of goals, you can see his IMMENSE contribution on the field.

No 4, Messi is not lucky to be in a team playing wonderful football and with a model midfield that were feeding like murrafuckers, Messi is the fulcrum of a team who enables the team to play wonderful football and whom the rest of the team mates are lucky murrafuckers to have in their team and even see play live.

dayokanu:

Then I say you dont know him This actually confirms it. A guy playing his first season as a professional footballer and scores 19 goals. Abeg stick to Falcons and Golden Eaglets thread

Lol.

Good. I saw him at the WC and liked him loads but I don't see him as exceptional because of WC TGS.

dayokanu:

Again I would say stick to Celebrity and Romance threads. Angelos Charisteas was never top scorer in any competition.

FYI in this section facts are sacred, Brush up the facts  tongue tongue

Lol.

Emi Celebrity and Romance?  grin Emi lo o ba so facts? How many of you fit load facts like I did for Amodu?  grin

Yeah, Angelos was nominated for EPoY, I mixed it up.

dayokanu:

Who cares about their ages? They are all young players and all qualify for the award, the fact that one is younger makes no difference.

When awarding Best player of U17 tournaments, would they consider the age that Player A is younger than player B?

Their ages matter if you are using how many games they have played in a season, especially at a non-age grade level football playing with fathers.

Surely it does not make sense to compare a 15 year old that plays for 10 games for Chelsea in a season to a 20 year old that plays 17 games for Everton in a season.

You are better off comparing like for like. What was the 20 year old playing at 15?

dayokanu:

Story story How come Strikers win awards time and again? Do you know Muller at all? he plays every role in AM and he has never played as a striker,  Most of his goals were scored from his position on the right. Muller is an AM. Would an Arsenal fan call Nasri a striker?

Muller played mostly SS and AM at the WC, and even when he played as AM, he played as one that had limited-to-none defensive responsibilities. He played more like a counter-attack agent.

Strikers win awards as their contribution is the easiest to memorise, isolate and catalogue.

How many tackles can you recall Kolo Toure make last season?

How many tremendous passes can you recall Scholes make last season? How many led to goals? Are you sure? Does your stats include the ones that he made to someone who then passed to the eventual goal-scorer and was then credited with the assist when the creativity (which might be simple) originated from Scholes?

Strikers have no such problem. Score goals (even if tap ins) and you look great. Have skills and you are almost guaranteed the award as people would remember.

Goals are easy to isolate, they are easy to catalogue and the feeling they generate is more of a high than any in football so are easier to remember and recall, hence selectors are prejudicial.
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by chic2pimp(m): 1:21am On Dec 29, 2010
Sagamite:

No 2, Messi is a winger, not a striker, Muller plays striker sometimes.

No 4, Messi is not lucky to be in a team playing wonderful football and with a model midfield that were feeding like murrafuckers, Messi is the fulcrum of a team who enables the team to play wonderful football and whom the rest of the team mates are lucky murrafuckers to have in their team and even see play live.
My Inlaw I think you'll find Messi more or less plays as a striker(could sub striker for forward if you so wish).

On the second point, it is Xavi that enables that team to play Wonderful Football.
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Sagamite(m): 2:06am On Dec 29, 2010
chic2pimp:

My Inlaw I think you'll find Messi more or less plays as a striker(could sub striker for forward if you so wish).

I think more as winger and support striker. Too short to be played as a front man.

chic2pimp:

On the second point, it is Xavi that enables that team to play Wonderful Football.

Hmm, you have a point there. And Iniesta too.

But without the 2, Messi is still magic that can make the team play wonderful football.

Also, I was looking at national team, not Barcelona (the team of 5' 6 and 5' 7 men).
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by chic2pimp(m): 2:44am On Dec 29, 2010
Sagamite:

I think more as winger and support striker. Too short to be played as a front man.
Messi does not occupy the typical No9 position but still plays as a striker nevertheless. He takes up the most central position of barca's 3 forwards. Although he is allowed to drift out wide if need be(sort of like Henry during his Arsenal heydays) plus he also does interchange positions with the other two Forwards.

Sagamite:

Hmm, you have a point there. And Iniesta too.

But without the 2, Messi is still magic that can make the team play wonderful football.

Also, I was looking at national team, not Barcelona (the team of 5' 6 and 5' 7 men).
Yep and Iniesta too. However I still think that Xavi is the brains of that team. His teams(Barca and Spanish National Team) always dance to his rhythm.

Without a shadow of doubt, Messi is still Magic. There is no disputing that.

. . . . They might be short in stature but bwoi are they Good.
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 31, 2010
But seriously, who the f is Wilshere?  cheesy
One smallie known only to the Emirates crowd.

I like Balotelli, i like his rebellious nature and his swag.
If only Balotelli will settle down and play footie, the guy will be hawt!.
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Sagamite(m): 12:31am On Jan 01, 2011
BlueDiva:

I knew some girls will be turned on by his arrogance. grin

Some would even deny it but will be awed and complexed in his presence if they ever met him, as he will be so self-assured and will not give them face, which will just make him more attractive. grin
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 01, 2011
Sagamite:

I knew some girls will be turned on by his arrogance. grin

Some would even deny it but will be awed and complexed in his presence if they ever met him, as he will be so self-assured and will not give them face, which will just make him more attractive. grin

Turned on? Nah, not at this age.
Balotelli reminds me of me. wink
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by slimshay(m): 9:24am On Jan 01, 2011
^^^I know Chavgirls are generally ugly. But mehn, with that confession, you have taken it to another level. Like eeeeeeewww level. . .lmao!!
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by ritchboy(m): 11:41am On Jan 01, 2011
slimshay:

^^^I know Chavgirls are generally ugly. But mehn, with that confession, you have taken it to another level. Like eeeeeeewww level. . .lmao!!

grin grin grin

You never hear say BlueDiva na sexsymbol for Ireland? cheesy
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by A40(m): 3:36pm On Jan 01, 2011
FBS:

Precisely,  you only know  him cos he plays for your club. outside that nko? nada.  cheesy
He is a senior England International and just turned 19. Trust me any sensible fan would know him

FBS:

spare me story. Balo scored some goals for Inter last season and before that.
His majestic set-pieces come to the mind.
Also he I think is the youngest player ever to score a CL goal.

Wetin Wilshere do and why should he be known?

ah ha! lol. Certainly if Mario is only good enough to play for "MMA" as you say, Wilshere nko? Ajasa Peoples club?
SMH.

Forget sentiments abeg.
I hope you know when i say MMA i mean Mixed Martial Arts

Wilshere also has a UCL goal so what gives

BlueDiva:

One of the youngest senior England internationals. Has over a 100,000 followers on Twitter
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2011
slimshay:

Chelsea gals are ugly?
You must be joking or in need of glasses.

ritchboy:

grin grin grin

You never hear say BlueDiva na sexsymbol for Ireland? cheesy

U know every. wink tongue
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Nobody: 2:55am On Jan 02, 2011
This may make gaynners happy.

‘Look, I really do want to get this across, since you are going to write something,’ he says. ‘I was asked about Wilshere and I didn’t know much about him and the media turned it into a big thing. But now I want to say something else. I watched Jack Wilshere when Arsenal beat Chelsea and you know what? He is  fortissimo”, a really strong player. He is very good. And Arsenal are serious contenders for the title.'

Balotelli Interview
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by kenkruse: 9:51am On Jan 04, 2011
^^^ it is rather belated, the did is done,
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by amurx(m): 6:53pm On Jan 05, 2011
he will definite see him on d pitch 2ynt
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by rasputinn(m): 7:03pm On Jan 05, 2011
[size=16pt]Obviously the racial abuse Mario Ghanatelli Balotelli suffered as a growing child(isn't he still a child undecided undecided) is still messing with his mind[/size]
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by HNIC(m): 12:49pm On Jan 06, 2011
dayokanu:

Lukaku and Kroos both have better stats than Wilshere and are more deserving of the honours
Mr Statistician. . . . Bsc,Msc Statistics
Go gather your peeps
Have an award ceremony
and give dem awards to Kroos and Lukaku
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by dayokanu(m): 6:09pm On Jan 06, 2011
Kroos nd Muller are winning quality trophies.

Muller won best young player at the World cup and highest goal scorer. Kroos was best player at FIFA U17 tournament . Let Wilshere continue with his useless awards and trophylessness
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Ifedisky(m): 9:20am On Jan 11, 2011
Balloteli's volteface has removed the shelter from those hiding under him to attack Wilshere! Very funny how some people have been confirmed dense and obtuse grin grin
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by 1025: 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2011
wilshre is the new xavi. i believe he will even take it past xavi when he comes into full maturity. people generally have made arsenal fc a laughing stock and it's not fair. just last monday, wenger said something about the pitch and the media/fans jumped on him that he was using excuses to deflect the loss. but he wasn't. he never said arsenal lost because of the pitch. he said the game wasn't pretty because technical players couldn't showcase their talents due to the bad pitch. let's cut wenger some slack - it's not easy being at the receiving end every week and yet we expect him to win the league title.

@cou-gar,
how sure are u abt ur predictions of wilshire? do u know the predictions made on owen and can u relate them with the owen we have today? as long as we are human, we must learn to wait to know God's intentions for us.
until wilshire becomes xavi, iniesta, messi and ronaldo join together, for now, balloteli said, he does not know him.
for ur wenger, he talks more than 53 coaches join together. he has more than 1 million reasons to give for every lost. be informed that even the club owners are not expecting wenger to win anything so i don't know who u think is expecting wenger to win. he is in arsenal to make money for the club and club owners but trophy is secondary unlike in the other coaches cases where trophy before anyother issues.

Obviously the racial abuse Mario Ghanatelli Balotelli suffered as a growing child(isn't he still a child Undecided Undecided) is still messing with his mind
@rasputinn,
uncle, is it a criminal case for a player not to know other players.
most of these players are not real fans of football so if wilshire knows balloteli, is not compulsory for balotelli to know him. abeg, how old is that wilshire self?
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by tosinaded(m): 4:54pm On Jan 28, 2011
Jack wilshere - such a wonder at the middle of the park!
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by Limaoscar: 5:24pm On Feb 02, 2011
Mario balo-balo na mad man, na di kind people wey President Obama dey call jackass be that grin grin

But Jokes apart, who is wilshere where you have a bloated self intuxicated but fairly talented Ghana-must-go Italian grin
Re: Who Is Wilshere? - Balotelli by FBS: 10:34am On Feb 04, 2011
I really don't know why it is a MUST for Ballo to know wil-who?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ac Milan Vs Barcelona / Newcastle Vs Manchester United (0 - 3) On October 7th 2012 / Real Madrid Vs FC Copenhagen- UCL (4 - 0) On 2nd October 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.