Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry (1118 Views)

'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' / Mum Rejects Car Gift From Son, Questions His Source Of Wealth (Pix, Video) / Marrying Without Any Source Of Income As A Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by Ayodejitosure(m): 6:40am On Mar 11, 2020
The secretary to the Ondo state Government Hon Ifedayo Sunday Abegunde has advised ladies not to get married without any source of income. He said this on Tuesday while addressing a section of party women leaders from Akure who came to pay him a courtesy visit at his Alagbaka residence in Akure Ondo state.

"The economy of our nation demands a family to have multiple sources of income so as to ensure that daily needs are met as and when due. Women should work to assist in the upkeep of the home" explained

"Those of you who have female children who are about to get married should ensure that they have a means of survival before doing so. A girl either educated or not without any source of personal income has no business getting married"

He encouraged the women to continue to be good mothers and wives in their various homes and to continue to support the government in ensuring that the dividend of democracy is brought to the people.

Abegunde also used the opportunity to thank the women for their support in the past.
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by nahzyla: 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2020
Men who cannot cook and clean and care for kids should not get married either.

Enough of the idiotic double standards.

6 Likes

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by Olunmercy56(f): 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2020
Bitter truth cool cool
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by Sijo01(f): 1:07pm On Mar 11, 2020
Well said! Gone are the days of full time house wives
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by frozen70(f): 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2020
nahzyla:

No you got it wrong if a man can't do that he pays a nanny to do so

But for a woman not to have a source of income and go into marriage

Well, she will have to endure if her husband is not really responsible

3 Likes

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by crackkhaus: 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2020
nahzyla:

False equivalence.

Men can outsource these things and pay professionals to do them.

How should women without a source of income help their own lives?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by Jman06(m): 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
nahzyla:

And even wedding expenses and family expenses should be shared equally between the man and the woman.

In fact, enough of the double standards!

1 Like

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by Mindlog: 6:42pm On Mar 14, 2020
nahzyla:

There is no double standard regarding the advice. Does it make sense for any human being be it male or female go into getting married and having children without a sustainable source of income. What would the woman and the children depend on should the husband lose his means of livelihood, fall sick or dies. We all have brains to come up with ideas to earn us income legitimately.

1 Like

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by nahzyla: 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2020
Mindlog:

There is no double standard regarding the advice. Does it make sense for any human being be it male or female go into getting married and having children without a sustainable source of income. What would the woman and the children depend on should the husband lose his means of livelihood, fall sick or dies. We all have brains to come up with ideas to earn us income legitimately.

While the wife is hustling the husband should realise that housework is now shared responsibility between him and his wife.
Cooking cleaning, child care etc. One person cannot carry housework on her head and also be breadwinner then the other one that is supposed to be stronger than her is only acting as co breadwinner

1 Like

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by nahzyla: 7:33pm On Mar 14, 2020
Jman06:
And even wedding expenses and family expenses should be shared equally between the man and the woman.

In fact, enough of the double standards!

As long as una gree to be entering kitchen to cook along with wife and wake up to take care of baby, go shopping in market for food. sweep, wash etc.
Then well and good, women will take up all these responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by nahzyla: 7:35pm On Mar 14, 2020
crackkhaus:

False equivalence.

Men can outsource these things and pay professionals to do them.

How should women without a source of income help their own lives?

If you like outsource, if you like do it yourselves, the important thing is that you realise it is now your responsibility since your wife is feeding you and paying bills.

Its however important for men to have the knowledge because of emergency situations

1 Like

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by Jman06(m): 7:44pm On Mar 14, 2020
nahzyla:

As long as una gree to be entering kitchen to cook along with wife and wake up to take care of baby, go shopping in market for food. sweep, wash etc.
Then well and good, women will take up all these responsibilities.
Yes!

We'll even draw up a roster indicating the days of the week each partner should do the cooking and dishing.
We'll equally get our own wrappers with which to tie the babies on our backs when going out.
In fact, we'll even share who should impregnate and who should be impregnated each time we want to have a baby! Wonderful!

Lmaoooo

2 Likes

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by nahzyla: 7:53pm On Mar 14, 2020
Jman06:
Yes!

We'll even draw up a roaster indicating the days of the week each partner should do the cooking and dishing.
We'll equally get our own wrappers with which to tie the babies on our backs when going out.
In fact, we'll even share who should impregnate and who should be impregnated each time we want to have a baby! Wonderful!

Lmaoooo

Lol,
Very funny
Tell men to do housework they start getting angry and offended but they are perfectly fine with women working like Jackie to feed them and the children and join in paying houserent and other bills.
Men are not too superior to spend their wives sweat but they are too superior to be responsible for housework.

3 Likes

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by Jman06(m): 7:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
nahzyla:

Lol,
Very funny
Tell men to do housework they start getting angry and offended but they are perfectly fine with women working like Jackie to feed them and the children and join in paying houserent and other bills.
Men are not too superior to spend their wives sweat but they are too superior to be responsible for housework.
Ah!! But I agreed with you nau

1 Like

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by nahzyla: 8:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
Jman06:
Ah!! But I agreed with you nau

Add more sarcasm to this your comment na, the way you added sarcasm to the first one so that I can truly know that you agreed with me undecided
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by 24kmagic: 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2020
Ok
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by Jman06(m): 9:40pm On Mar 14, 2020
nahzyla:

Add more sarcasm to this your comment na, the way you added sarcasm to the first one so that I can truly know that you agreed with me undecided
I wasn't being sarcastic in my comment joor

It's the age of gender equality and we must be equal in all aspects
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by crackkhaus: 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
nahzyla:

If you like outsource, if you like do it yourselves, the important thing is that you realise it is now your responsibility since your wife is feeding you and paying bills.

Its however important for men to have the knowledge because of emergency situations
You're pivoting.

My question was, how should women without any source of income help themselves in marriage?
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by nahzyla: 10:14pm On Mar 14, 2020
Jman06:
I wasn't being sarcastic in my comment joor

It's the age of gender equality and we must be equal in all aspects

Problem is that men want women to traditional duties but try feel too big to share women's roles.

Either too big or too proud or too inconsiderate.
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by nahzyla: 10:20pm On Mar 14, 2020
crackkhaus:

You're pivoting.

My question was, how should women without any source of income help themselves in marriage?

What a question

Inside of Africa where for a very long time women were supposed to depend on men for livelihood and even in religious books till today men are ordained by God to be providers. Let's pretend we don't understand why many women don't see the need to have their own sources of income.

As for your question about how women without income should help themselves, we have to do away with traditional roles and women should take up jobs and earn money after marriage. That is why it's extremely imperative for men to assist with housework or typical women's chores to make things easier for their wives.

1 Like

Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by Jman06(m): 10:27pm On Mar 14, 2020
nahzyla:

Problem is that men want women to share their trtratrtradtrtratrtraditrtratrtradtrtratrtraditional duties but try feel too big to share women's roles.

Either too big or too proud or too inconsiderate.
Men are different my dear. while some men even do more of those traditionally women's roles, others may not want or are simply not cut out for such roles. Just find yourself the kind of man you think is good for you ok
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by nahzyla: 10:31pm On Mar 14, 2020
Jman06:
Men are different my dear. while some men even do more of those trtratrtradtrtratrtraditratradtrtratitradional women's roles, others may not want or are simply not cut out for such roles. Just find yourself the kind of man you think is good for you ok

Lol @ bold grin

Likewise men should stop complaining when women look for rich husbands that can provide for them and keep them as trophy wives instead of co breadwinners.
Enough of the 'liability' and 'gold digger' insults thrown at such women.
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by Jman06(m): 11:06pm On Mar 14, 2020
nahzyla:

Lol @ bold grin

Likewise men should stop complaining when women look for rich husbands that can provide for them and keep them as trophy wives instead of co breadwinners.
Enough of the 'liability' and 'gold digger' insults thrown at such women.
lol...I edited when I noticed you did same.

Of course, we ain't bothered about the kind of man ladies choose to marry provided they don't disturb us with the consequences of their choices. It's a free world
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by rain21(f): 11:18pm On Mar 14, 2020
Whatever!!!
They are still the ones looking for undergrads,jambites and 18year old virgins to marry while they term the financially independent ladies 'midnight newspaper'

Confused lots!
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by crackkhaus: 11:55pm On Mar 14, 2020
nahzyla:

What a question

Inside of Africa where for a very long time women were supposed to depend on men for livelihood and even in religious books till today men are ordained by God to be providers. Let's pretend we don't understand why many women don't see the need to have their own sources of income.

As for your question about how women without income should help themselves, we have to do away with traditional roles and women should take up jobs and earn money after marriage. That is why it's extremely imperative for men to assist with housework or typical women's chores to make things easier for their wives.
Why after, and not before? grin
Re: ifedayo Sunday Abegunde-Girls Without Any Source Of Income Shouldn't marry by nahzyla: 1:43am On Mar 15, 2020
Jman06:
lol...I edited when I noticed you did same.

Of course, we ain't bothered about the kind of man ladies choose to marry provided they don't disturb us with the consequences of their choices. It's a free world

Fair enough cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tiarababy; Why Your Step Mum Abused Your Child / Please! Which The Best Educational Tablets For Kids? / Pls Help Celebrate My Baby At 2 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.