Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? (2025 Views)

Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by bashydemy(m): 11:04pm On Dec 22, 2010
The actual birthday of Jesus was forgotten by the early Christian movement. in those days, various groups celebrated his birth on JAN-6, APR-21 and MAY-1. By the 4th century, the church selected the approximate time of the winter solstice as the date to recognize Jesus' birth. They picked up this date from Pagan sources. As luck would have it, the autumn equinox might have been a more accurate choice.

Read more: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th, the day that is commonly celebrated as his birthday?

Contribution is needed please
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by poweredcom(m): 2:32am On Dec 23, 2010
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by Osama10(m): 3:10am On Dec 23, 2010
Yes.
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by Joagbaje(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2010
Does it matter? We are celebrating his death, burial and resurrection. grin . No record was kept for the actual date.
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 23, 2010
Does it matter? We are celebrating his death, burial and resurrection

For the record Christians don't celebrate his death and ressurection on 25th december but rather his birth.I ve seen you post this in another thread but just chose to ignore it then.

The death and resssurection of Jesus is celebrated on Good Friday and easter Sunday respectively
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by Joagbaje(m): 8:45am On Dec 23, 2010
^^^^
okay o . Some celebrate baby in a manger. Others celebrate a reigning king. All to Gods glory.
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by bashydemy(m): 8:45am On Dec 23, 2010
^^ Thanks Chkuwudi   @ the rest i ask with proof and any comment without proof is baseless
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 23, 2010
Let me be real, I havent really cared about Jesus on Dec 25th.  cheesy

I've been denying the truth for a while.

I really just cared about it because of the time away from classes and gifts.

Was Jesus born on the 25th? So many theories behind the question. I've been reading so many different angle of the birth of Jesus from NLers since I came on NL. Never one uniformed answer.

So this Christmas, I'll find a way to avoid going to chruch with my mum [ angry ]. Make I enjoy my christmas without all the religious stuff as of now.  smiley
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by bashydemy(m): 9:12am On Dec 23, 2010
@ Ileke IDI LOL well enjoy your life jare
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by firebrand: 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2010
What really matters is the significance of his birth and death on the cross.
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by alimat2(f): 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2010
The truth is on its way and when it finally arrives all the xtians will be ashamed to accepted Islam and the few ones who are knowledge seekers will accept while closing their eyes of shame
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 23, 2010
For the record Jesus was not born on 25th of december,rather it was just a date set asideby the church to celebrate the birth of Jesus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by bashydemy(m): 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2010
Thanks Jare Alimot and Chukwudi
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by misterh(m): 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2010
So d church deemed it fit (in its own wisdom) to choose a day for a religious celebration. it has no basis in the bible
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2010
Retooning the Nativity

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-4y5mK_o9E&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by bashydemy(m): 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2010
you don carry you wahala reach shey?
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by seyibrown(f): 1:00am On Dec 25, 2010
We celebrate his birth TODAY and EVERYDAY! Alleluia, He reigns! grin JOY TO THE WORLD! There are many of our grandparents/great-grandparents who have no records of the actual date of their birth! Does that make them unworthy of being who they are or stop us from celebrating them?

JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON! WE BLESS THE NAME THAT IS ABOVE ALL OTHER NAMES! WE ARE GLAD THAT YOU WERE BORN! THE LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY THE SINS OF THE WORLD! ALLELUIA! grin

Funny toon, OLADEEGBU but it hits the nail on the head! Manger, stable, december 25th, maggi; it doesn't matter! What matters is HE WAS BORN and even the Devil can't do anything about it! grin !
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by bashydemy(m): 1:24am On Dec 25, 2010
seyibrown:

We celebrate his birth TODAY and EVERYDAY! Alleluia, He reigns! grin JOY TO THE WORLD! There are many of our grandparents/great-grandparents who have no records of the actual date of their birth! Does that make them unworthy of being who they are or stop us from celebrating them?

JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SAD MOMENT! WE HATE THE NAME THAT IS RIDICULE TO ALL OTHER NAMES! WE ARE GLAD THAT YOU WERE KILL BY THE ENEMY, THE SERVANT OF GOD WHO BROUGHT DEVISION AND HATRED TO THE WORLD ACCORDING TO BIBLE grin

Seyi did you seewhat you type up there?
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:35am On Dec 25, 2010
The shepherd that missed the Virgin Birth.

[img width=500 height=500]http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images/media/cartoons/after-eden/20041220.gif[/img]
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by eddie30(m): 7:47am On Dec 25, 2010
Yeah bash demy you are correct. Jesus was not born on december 25th.There is no where in the bible that we are asked to celebrate christmas, infact jesus was not born on december 25th, then where did christmas come from? Christmas has it's origin from a pagan celebration, sorry to say that but it's the truth, u can confirm by checking the encyclopedia American (1977) vol 6 page 666 or the New catholic encyclopedia (1967) vol 3 pg 656. Actually christmas is not for christians. Let me quote what the encylopedia Americana says, it states: the reason for establishing December 25 as Christmas is somewhat obscure, but it is usually held that day was chosen to correspond to pagan festivals that took place around the winter to celebrate the rebirth of the sun. The Roman festival dedicated to Saturn the God of agriculture and the renewed power of the sun forms the basis for Christmas celebration. Therefore christmas is a pagan celebration and should not be celebrated by christians!
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by ibguy: 8:01am On Dec 25, 2010
i dont care.as long as i continue seeing more of dec 25'
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by eddie30(m): 8:18am On Dec 25, 2010
@ ib guy, why displease God for just common food!
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by bashydemy(m): 8:40am On Dec 25, 2010
Thanks jare Eddie30 they are celebrating pagan
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by jmaine: 9:41am On Dec 25, 2010
funny when guys like this have so much crush for Christianity to the extent that all they do is create threads about Christianity indirectly propagating the gospel thinking that they are doing harm . December 25 was never Christ birth, and will never will, but the significance of it is what will make the Muslims Bomb innocent souls just to make a sad point. The Jos and philipine Christmas eve blast yesterday points to that direction. Merry Christmas all.
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by Ymodulus: 9:44am On Dec 25, 2010
@bash i dey feel you o @edie30 thanks.
Now to your question Jesus was never born no christmas day. EDIE30 has said all but let me chip in some few. Going with the time frame of December 25 in bethlem, this happens to be a cold season. But the christian bible says that when Jesus was born that the shepherds were outside rearing there sheep, now i want to ask is it normal that a shepherd will take his sheep out in the middle of the night at a very cold time to rear? No its not right, i know some christians may say its coincidental, but thats absolute false because their bible use the term Shepherds not shepherd meaning they are many. And considering their number all of them cannot make mistake. This is something that proves that far from it jesus was not born on December 25th. Its just lies been taught by Christendom of today, also some people will say that Their jesus must be celebrated, well thats wrong because if he wants to be celebrated he will have said that they should celebrate christmas but Jesus never ever did say celebrate christmas. The only festivity or celebration jesus ask to be done in remembrance of him was the lords evenings Meal which is recorded at LUKE 2:18 and not christmas.

Now before some people think am a muslim, well am not and am not part of the so-called wicked christendom who parambulates people lifes with lies.
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by bashydemy(m): 10:27am On Dec 25, 2010
Nice one Ymodulus more grease to your elbow jare, @jmaine you are the most stupid fool to think it was the Muslims that are behind the jos bomb blast and also of Philiphine i believe a normal human being will never things that way we all know Jos is from the northern part and we all believe Muslims dominate the northern part of the countryso how will you tell me it was the same Muslim guy you need to get a life ok, and beside why did you guys have to blame everything on the Muslims with the aim of trying to blackmail the Islam it can;t work, are you going to tell me that its the Muslims that are also behind the Oct 1st make God punish that your fingers
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by eddie30(m): 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2010
@ ymodulus! Yeah! No one would have said it better than you. Christendom is in the dark but i pray God helps the honest hearted ones to get out of her.
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by Somatic(m): 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2010
alimat 2:

The truth is on its way and when it finally arrives all the xtians will be ashamed to accepted Islam and the few ones who are knowledge seekers will accept while closing their eyes of shame

Sorry my Lady. Methinks its the otha way round.
As 4 the controversy bout Dec 25, I believe that while there is no specific scriptural connotation, it shows divine influence nonetheless.
In the days when Christianity was fledgling, the faith had 2 contend wth the prevailing roman religions at the time. New Christian converts still participated in roman heathen festivities. Now, with the adoption of Christianity as official Roman religion by Emperor Augustus, the 1st Christian emperor, the Church saw the need to further entrench the life of Christ in2 the citizens. Now, putting Christian festivities side by side with Roman would not help the growing faith so, by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit & the power of the Emperor, Roman festivals were replaced wth Christian ones, same date et al. So, Dec. 25, originally meant for the worship of the Sun god now became a date to commemorate Christ's birth.
Pagan roots, yes. But 2day, to the glory of God & shame of the devil, 2day is reserved 4 Christ 4 evr n evr.

As 4 the evening meal celebration, Jesus charged his diciples to do this in remebrance of him. Lk.22:14-23. Every bible believing church does this. Some more often than others. It is called the Holy Communion.
Hp I did good.
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by seyibrown(f): 4:50am On Dec 26, 2010
bashy_demy:

Seyi did you seewhat you type up there?

Haba! With my korokoro eyes! I neva dim eye, and I DEY EVEN SEE FOR DARK SEF! grin
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by bashydemy(m): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2010
seyibrown:

Haba! With my korokoro eyes! I neva dim eye, and I DEY EVEN SEE FOR DARK SEF! grin
LOL your very funny so can you tell me is Christmas biblical?
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by Nebulae: 9:58am On Dec 26, 2010
*Stretches*

-Good Morning all-

''You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free''

I'll be right back. . .
Re: Is it true that Jesus was not actually born on December 25th? by bashydemy(m): 10:52am On Dec 26, 2010
LOL come and finish your sentence ooooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / First Photos From Bishop Oyedepo's Birthday Today / Please Where Can I Get A Strong Celestial Church In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.