Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC (22538 Views)

Just Know: Wike Recived Shock Message From Nec / Buhari Orders APC To Refund Monies To Candidates Who Step Down / Court Orders APC To Open Case Against Obaseki In Forgery Suit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by fergie001: 5:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
The Federal High Court in Lagos on Thursday ordered that the meeting of the National Executive Council of the All Progressives Congress scheduled for next week Tuesday must not go on except a former Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi; Waziri Bulama and Paul Chukwuma were allowed to attend.

The court, in a ruling by Justice Mohammed Liman, restrained the APC and its officials from “disturbing, preventing or obstructing Waziri Bulama, Abiola Ajimobi, and Paul Chukwuma from carrying out their duties as acting National Secretary, acting National Deputy Chairman (South) and acting National Auditor of the APC, respectively”.

Justice Liman’s orders followed an ex parte application filed by the Lagos State Chairman of the APC, Tunde Balogun, which was argued by his lawyer, Gani Bello.

Balogun, in the application, prayed the court to compel the APC to recognise Bulama as the party’s acting National Secretary; Ajimobi, as the acting National Deputy Chairman (South); and Chukwuma, as the acting National Auditor of the party.

He told the court that after the three offices became vacant and were zoned to different geopolitical zones, Bulama was nominated by the North-East; Ajimobi, by the South-West; and Chukwuma, by the South-East.

Balogun said the nomination of Bulama was ratified at the meeting of the APC National Working Committee held on January 14, 2020; while those of Ajimobi and Chukwuma were ratified at the NWC meeting of March 4, 2020.

“By virtue of the ratification stated above, the nominees have become members of the National Executive Council and are entitled by the constitution of the defendant (APC) to work and operate in acting capacities in their respective offices pending their swearing-in at the National Convention of the party.

“In spite of the foregoing, the defendant (APC), acting through its officials and officers, particularly, the Deputy National Secretary, has not allowed the nominees to perform their duties as members of the National Executive Council,” Balogun said.

He told the court that the APC National Executive Council could not effectively operate unless Bulama, Ajimobi, and Chukwuma were allowed to perform their duties.

Balogun prayed the court to compel the APC to recognise them.

After listening to the applicant’s lawyer, Justice Liman granted the prayers and adjourned till March 25, 2020, to take the Motion on Notice.

https://punchng.com/dont-bar-ajimobi-others-from-nec-meeting-court-orders-apc/

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by hardywaltz(m): 5:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
It's like High Court judgements can now be bought in the black market.
Shame on NJC

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by jlinkd78(m): 5:27pm On Mar 12, 2020
The judiciary abracadabra has grown wings and ready to swallow it's creators

23 Likes

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by kahal29: 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
Hahahaha
Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by Pabloosas(m): 5:37pm On Mar 12, 2020
It is well o
Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by RichFoundation(m): 5:37pm On Mar 12, 2020
Lol
Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by valdetino(m): 5:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
If u can understand this hand shake, you will understand Nigeria Politics.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by Xcelinteriors(f): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
I have beautiful designs of wallpaper @2500 per roll. We also do nationwide delivery. Check signature for contact

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by cRobo: 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
I won't say a word
Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by BlackfireX: 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
Fulanis up north dealing with every moves or arranged moves of the drug addict....

I like that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by Jack500: 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2020
Confusion everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by IamPatriotic(m): 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2020
hardywaltz:
Shame on NJC

When their judgements suit your narratives, you hail them to high heaven, but they don't, wail.

9 Likes

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by muykem: 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2020
Oshiomele is going nowhere except APC will go on extinction.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by Jestin: 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2020
Oshiomole might just be the next president of Nigeria......oboy pass me that weed make i drag small again .

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by omobaba1759: 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
I HOPE THIS PARTY WILL LAST, COME 2023

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by kahal29: 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
muykem:
Oshiomele is going nowhere except APC will go on extinction.

I have this feeling too

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by festacman(m): 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
I am not a prophet but I dare say that unless Pres. Buhari steadies the ship in a balanced way, a faction of APC will emerge in months ahead. Obviously, one group has been favoured unjustly over another. Jagaban is a patient politician but certainly not anybody's fool.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by RichDad1(m): 5:43pm On Mar 12, 2020
I don’t get why PMB decided to fold his hands amidst these unnecessary dramas.
Perhaps it’s all part of some bigger scripts to keep PDP fixated with issues of the APC while time runs slowly toward 2023?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by IamPatriotic(m): 5:43pm On Mar 12, 2020
My excitement about the crises rocking the party is that it's neither tribal or religious inclined, rather, it's battle of conflicting interests

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by HeeBraHim2(m): 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2020
I can't even understand why dis old fool is still walking free.

I thought seyi makinde should have locked the fool.

She makes all things hard for we student and all the people of Oyo state when he was in power.

I even remember when the idiot want to sell all public properties to private, if not for the people that refused in a masses number.

I was thin, even the breeze can blow me away when he was in power.
All people are frowning because no reason to laugh�.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by LosC: 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2020
Odiegwu
Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 12, 2020
hardywaltz:
Shame on NJC
Tanko the Sharia man handwork

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by Judeerons32: 5:46pm On Mar 12, 2020
Checkmate
Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by SpecialAdviser(m): 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
hardywaltz:
Shame on NJC

As in those guys can't just stop embarrassing themselves. Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by chozzy: 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2020

Unfortunately ....
It's time up for Oshiomole

The handwriting is on the wall

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by hisexcellency34: 5:48pm On Mar 12, 2020
What impact will their attendance make?
Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by Prophet8976: 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
see below
Re: Don’t Bar Ajimobi, Others From NEC Meeting - Court Orders APC by Kaybee14(m): 5:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ok. Fingers crossed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Odds Favour South-east Candidates In APC / Alex Ekwueme's Burial Programme (Photo) / Appeal Court Sacks Andrew Miller, APC Rivers Assembly Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.