Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting (17057 Views)

ASUU Strike: FG Withdraws `No Work No Pay’ Threat / Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today / FG, ASUU: Another Strike Looms Over Oct 31 Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by Baloranking(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by holuwasheyiWGP(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
After I don hustle bustle write final paper, deadline for project submission was set and Boom!!!
ASUU strike. If dem no resolve this thing ASAP, to go serve for may/June na long thing.
At least classes, exams and any form of craming don comot my matter.

I honestly feel like the government is trying its best to bring corruption to the minimum possible level but the citizens clamouring for change are not willing to change. The IPPIS isn't perfect but no system is from the onset, adjustments need to made. Saying NO!! To the system is nothing but corruption from ASUU. The system will basically prevent ghost workers from being paid and money will be paid directly from Abuja which prevent thieving hands from collecting their cut or holding salaries from workers unjustly.
Government should just sit down with these idiots called ASUU and these idiots should make their concerns know and the Devs should rectify the issue but
GOVERNMENT SHOULDN'T CAVE. If the government bends to the will of the citizens too much, This country no go progress

4 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by princety24(m): 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2020
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by stambakky: 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
Why is ASUU rejecting the IPPIS ? Most of these higher institutions has so many ghost workers, that is why most of them are doing secret and massive employment to cover their tracks. SMH

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:15pm On Mar 12, 2020
eleojo23:

Every time, damn nigarrr...

Lol
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2020
Well, as long as the strike continues for one more week. I need rest.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by onyxo76(m): 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2020
hope they reach a good decision
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
No be today dem begin do useless meeting
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by drdan777(m): 8:27pm On Mar 12, 2020
Hope this will not be 1 out of the 30 meetings to be held before the Strike will be partially called off
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by ifeanyija(m): 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
airminem:
IPPIS has come to stay
but u cant explain wat IPPIS means

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by JunctionBox: 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
Not the first time. They've been holding this kind of meeting for ages now and FG keeps dribbling ASUU

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by JunctionBox: 8:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
Well, as long as the strike continues for one more week. I need rest.

Lazy student
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:40pm On Mar 12, 2020
JunctionBox:

Lazy student

What if I'm sick?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by Basilpearck(m): 8:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
Federal Govt and ASUU every eight months Crucial meeting, what will they discus they they've not discus before...
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by Prinsoul11(m): 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2020
ASUU

Stop meeting APC government because education is not in their agenda abeg!

Olanfra:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-fg-ASUU-in-crucial-meeting-over-strike/
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by pmoye(m): 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2020
If it is Ngige, then forget about the parley. There is simply no hope. That short devil is only interested in chaos. Good for him and for all of them, their children don't school in Nigeria.
At this rate a time will come that Nigeria will end up outsourcing their education sector to neighbouring African countries. grin
Olanfra:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-fg-ASUU-in-crucial-meeting-over-strike/
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:02pm On Mar 12, 2020
The meeting has ended since
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
eleojo23:

Every time, damn nigarrr...
Don't mind that damned bastard

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by fjjc(m): 9:08pm On Mar 12, 2020
YorubaKinging:
Nigeria can't get better
Until each tribe goes their different ways
This is not hate speech
This is the truth

There's more than meets the eyes
God is involved...
Disintegration is the way forward for peace to reign in this country
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by kayusely70(m): 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
Why must govt wait until strike begins?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by Risentouch(m): 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
We know it will end inconclusive, strike continues
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by bluefilm: 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
This current ASUU strike sweet me die, aswear.

Only that I don dey already miss to dey see some babes wey dey shake ärse well well for me inside school.

How long can I cope?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by mrblessed(m): 9:45pm On Mar 12, 2020
stambakky:
Why is ASUU rejecting the IPPIS ? Most of these higher institutions has so many ghost workers, that is why most of them are doing secret and massive employment to cover their tracks. SMH
It seems you are conflating ASUU -- one of the trade unions in the university -- with the university management that represents the federal government. What you are doing is like saying there is no difference between mango and banana. How does it sound?

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by Johnson5258: 9:48pm On Mar 12, 2020
This one is serious, ASUU should better sit up, meeting that had 4 prominent ministers in attendance. FG will never agree.

MoIbrahim:

Honestly, they are trying. They keep agreeing to hold meetings and reach agreements that the FG won't keep. So what is the use of any negotiation or agreement?
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by nopoverty(m): 9:53pm On Mar 12, 2020
members of the non academic staff of university who have enrolled in IPPIS have not been paid their February salary talkless of ASUU who refused to enrolled, Federal government is a number one 419

3 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by ofiko123(m): 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2020
Strike today strike tomorrow I am tired of this country called Nigeria...
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by CalebLebsco56(m): 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2020
My problem with ASUU is that they are greedy they only fight for their pockets, the students is not even their problems..after the whole agreement and negotiation you will see them driving luxury cars..am not saying is not good ohh...but how many times do they even lecture the students, some is when its close to exams you will see them fixing lectures up and down, how many research do they do,thesame syllabues everyyear...some their assignment for their own studies its thesame students they come and give them as assignment...my days during my undergraduate days i av a lecturer that uses one day to cover his lecture alws saying he busy lecturing in 3 universities..they just go on strike not minding the future of the students

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU In Crucial Meeting by Melison(m): 10:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
Pls what's the outcome of the meeting

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SSANU, NASU, NAAT Suspend Industrial Action / 2 FUNAAB Students Killed By Lecturer's Jeep / Can HND Holder Be Admitted Into 300level In University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.